Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Kentucky

Participant

I will be coming to Florida next week, and on Friday, my wife and I are making the trip to Tampa for the open practice.Looking for the best burger or pizza joint in the area. Also looking for the best store/stores to score Bucs stuff. Being from Louisville Kentucky, there isnt much available as far as Bucs gear goes.Are their any other cool "must see!" things to do in Tampa? We are looking to fill about 6 or 7 hours before heading to OBP for the practice, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you guys are beer/burger fans you have to check out Tampa Brewing Company in Ybor City.  Get “The Bomb” burger.  One of the most original burgers I’ve ever eaten.  It’s basically a burger wrapped in pizza dough (I love Murica!)  Their brewed beers are good as well.  1600 East 8th Avenue Ybor City Tampa, FL 33605Buc Heaven closed down so I'm not sure of any other Buc specialty shops.  I'm not local though so I'm not sure.  Whenever I go to a game I just stop at a local Target and pick up a shirt or two.  For the price you can't beat it.    If you want to escape the heat, the aquarium is pretty cool and of course Tampa is known for Mons Venus & Odyssey, which is very close to the stadium. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also be sure to go to One Buc Place, it’s right across from the stadium (has a huge football in front).  The front lobby has a bunch of cool stuff including the bronzed statues of Gruden and the Super Bowl winning gang, really cool for a Bucs fan.  You can also tour the stadium if you time it right.http://raymondjamesstadium.com/about-the-stadium/stadium-tours/ 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

The Salvador Dali Museum is a must see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Charley’s Steakhouse, Cigar City Brewery

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

Thank you guys for the input! Def got some good ideas on things to do!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s 40 or so minutes from downtown Tampa, but if you’re at the beach, Salt Rock Grill on Indian Shores is my favorite restaurant in the region.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where are you staying?  That pretty much will dictate your “other” activities.  A few hours cruising beach dr in St Pete is relaxing…Dali museum(like already mentioned and a drink at the rooftop Birchwood).  The best pizza is Eddie & Sams in d town Tampa.  Not sure on burgers.There's a salt rock in Oldsmar now...much closer.

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

We are staying in daytona. Just driving over to Tampa for the day for the open practice. Also, this may be a dumb question, but where exactly will the practice be held?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably One Buc Place…day trip…sail pavilion on the water downtown/tampa riverwalk

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you’re staying in Daytona there’s no reason to drive an extra 30-40 minutes to the Gulf beaches but the Dali museum is worth the trip downtown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not really a burger or pizza joint , and I don’t think its even that great, but you could eat at lee Roy selmons. Its in the area and certainly has the Bucs ties.Most of the places id consider the best arent all that near the OBP.  El cap for burgers is down in st Pete. I do know there are plenty of newer top shelf burger chains that have opened somewhat recently.  For pizza, hard to go wrong id think. Cappys has a couple locations nearby for a local joint.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would also suggest you call One Buc Place and explain what you are doing.  The staff there has been very obliging lately, and they might offer something special for a Buc fan as devoted as you.  Just a thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Salvador Dali Museum is a must see.

yeah on acid  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well there’s strip clubs and the beaches.  That’s pretty much it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I recommend Clearwater beach, m’self…

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

Thanks for the input everyone. Even though  shortened, my first time seeing the Bucs in person was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Seeing the huge flag waving over obp was amazing. To satisfy the wife , we spent the first half of the day at Clearwater beach. A beautiful place. I could feel the inner hulkamaniac inside of me running wild the whole time.

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.