Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• GMACsBlankey

Participant

The board has been really doomy and gloomy and understandably. A lot of our issues seem to be rearing their heads again, but I think a good change of pace would be to look at things that we can view in a positive light.

1) The interior of the line could be a really solid punishing force - EDS wasn't good last year but apparently graded out as a + run-blocker. Mankins has by all accounts had a solid camp and seemed to show enough to be pulled real early in the game, as was Smith. On top of that, Marpet seems to be a star in the making and there's already a couple stories of him putting McCoy on his ass or giving him some tough hits. So while our tackle position is completely out of whack, it appears the interior could be strong and get better as the year goes on.2) Linebacking - Lansannah and David are beasts both coming off really good years and Kwon has already taken the spot from Carter despite Carter being a generally positive player it seemed. So we have 3 legit starters and a rotational guy that can mix in3) Rainey, Martin, and James seemed to have fresh legs - I really believe Sims is terrible and lacks vision, but the other 3 backs seemed to run a bit better than their stats showed. For Martin especially I think this is big because last year even in his + games, he didn't look very good. Having those 3 back at full strength if Lovie will let Koetter and them work will be a positive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m a fan of Banks. I think he has developed nicely since being drafted here. I look for him to make some more splash plays this year. Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson are a dynamic duo, but Louis Murphy looked really solid in the slot and as a number 2 guy. He made some good plays for us last year and will be a dynamic veteram presence for us. Really excited about what he can bring. Herron looked great also. I want to see us continue to develop him and have him take over the slot the next few years. Look forward to seeing more out of Bell also. Henry Melton looked great in limited action. This was a guy who was one of the better pass rushing DTs in football A few years ago. I would love to see him get around 5-7 sacks this season. I think that's a realistic number for him. Great player derailed by injuries but looked good last game.Kwon and Marpet. Hype is building for these guys. Would love  seeing them as opening day starters. Let's get our own guys out there!But one thing I'm cautiously positive about after the Vikings game was our stable of backs. They all turned out some nice decisive runs! I really think they will be alright this year. I think a lot of our tempo stuff will hide some of their flaws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a pretty solid list of positives to share.1. Addition by subtraction. No mccown, jane, or the crappy fa ol guys we had last season. Thats a plus.2. Reps. Lovies whole philosophy is repetitive repetition. Do it over and over, and youll become great at it, even if youre a "nobody." Tampa has some of that extra experiance and togetherness that tampa didnt have last season. Bonus.3. The addition of koetter. I dont think hes one of the best, as some do, but i do believe hes a much better oc that tedford wouldve been, or Arroyo was. He gives us a much better chance of evening production on both sides.4. The re-signings of mccoy and david. Woot, we kept who needed to be kept. Fancy that. Those two being around will give us an ability to concentrate efforts into filling other spots, for years to come. Finally, some areas we dont have to stress about!5. Picking up tim wright off waivers. A possible complement/replacement for asj, he still can be that mis-match maker. Now, if we could only squish asj, luke stocker, and wright into one te, we would have a young gonzo. Too bad that cant happen, but its good that we have another good target for winston either way.6. Tall targets, big range ratio. Remember, both vj and evans have the equivalent reach around them, while standing from one spot, to cover a garbage truck. Literally. Thats going to come in handy sooner or later for the young qb. No question.7. The oline almost has to be better than it was, even by a little. While some players at this position we have distain for, for have little hope in, we also have to remember they now have some time together and some of the slackers are gone. Go back to #1 on my list.8. Reducing warhop's role a tad. While i wish they wouldve outright canned him, he had his role split, so now he isnt the sole shotcaller for the ol. Either he steps it up, or hes out. Thats a win/win for us fans.9. The addition of players who know lovies scheme. As weve witnessed before, guys like dexter jackson, or even a player like conte can look good in systems theyre accustomed to. While i do not think these guys are world beaters, i also happen to think it might be quick, immediate help. At least possibly more quickly than training a rookie, or a high priced vet from a different system. Lets hope.10. Winston. Regardless wheither tampa wins or loses, it should be entertainment because of this kid. Which is a darn site better than last season, just by that standard. To all the naysayers, i say one thing...Even freeman had his tacobell days, and winston has, by far, more talent and brainpower than even tacobell freeman ever had. And IF he can reach tacobell  freeman-level, it would be good enough for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bitter sweet= Potential to start 4 of 7 draft picks game 1 against the Titans…pretty damn good draft if you ask anyone.  However, pretty bad team to have to start 4 of 7…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a pretty solid list of positives to share.1. Addition by subtraction. No mccown, jane, or the crappy fa ol guys we had last season. Thats a plus.2. Reps. Lovies whole philosophy is repetitive repetition. Do it over and over, and youll become great at it, even if youre a "nobody." Tampa has some of that extra experiance and togetherness that tampa didnt have last season. Bonus.3. The addition of koetter. I dont think hes one of the best, as some do, but i do believe hes a much better oc that tedford wouldve been, or Arroyo was. He gives us a much better chance of evening production on both sides.4. The re-signings of mccoy and david. Woot, we kept who needed to be kept. Fancy that. Those two being around will give us an ability to concentrate efforts into filling other spots, for years to come. Finally, some areas we dont have to stress about!5. Picking up tim wright off waivers. A possible complement/replacement for asj, he still can be that mis-match maker. Now, if we could only squish asj, luke stocker, and wright into one te, we would have a young gonzo. Too bad that cant happen, but its good that we have another good target for winston either way.6. Tall targets, big range ratio. Remember, both vj and evans have the equivalent reach around them, while standing from one spot, to cover a garbage truck. Literally. Thats going to come in handy sooner or later for the young qb. No question.7. The oline almost has to be better than it was, even by a little. While some players at this position we have distain for, for have little hope in, we also have to remember they now have some time together and some of the slackers are gone. Go back to #1 on my list.8. Reducing warhop's role a tad. While i wish they wouldve outright canned him, he had his role split, so now he isnt the sole shotcaller for the ol. Either he steps it up, or hes out. Thats a win/win for us fans.9. The addition of players who know lovies scheme. As weve witnessed before, guys like dexter jackson, or even a player like conte can look good in systems theyre accustomed to. While i do not think these guys are world beaters, i also happen to think it might be quick, immediate help. At least possibly more quickly than training a rookie, or a high priced vet from a different system. Lets hope.10. Winston. Regardless wheither tampa wins or loses, it should be entertainment because of this kid. Which is a darn site better than last season, just by that standard. To all the naysayers, i say one thing...Even freeman had his tacobell days, and winston has, by far, more talent and brainpower than even tacobell freeman ever had. And IF he can reach tacobell  freeman-level, it would be good enough for us.

Great Post! I agree on all points.

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.