Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• kenntak

Participant

I would say now that 80% of the threads degenerate into either politics, personal attacks, or social issues. I would no longer call this a true Bucs forum, but rather, a forum for other topics with some Bucs info thrown in. I can see why the number of active posters to this forum has substantially decreased. It’s the same 10 or so people continually bashing each other about politics or social issues. I would love to review this forum from 10-15 years ago. I bet it was a lot different then.

• buc-in-out

Participant

This forum is much more active when the Bucs are bad, because everyone loves to criticize and complain, and the I told you so’s start flying.

This mimics society of today. Tragic news sells, gets clicks and engagement.. No one wants to read about good news.

• TBChucky

Participant

Hate to say it, but The Red Board was much better way back then.. Hell, back 15 years ago the only board troll was JAVA.. The Seminole, ‘Cane’s, and Gator fans all stayed true to the board being Bucs fans. We always talked about who we should take with our top 5 pick..

It is kinda crazy how quickly we get spoiled.. Our team is 4-1, tied for the second best record in the league. We’re in first place in our division with a favorable schedule the next few weeks.. I understand calling out the problems, but we’ve all waited what seems like an eternity to see how this season plays out. We have multiple crucial starters working towards returning to action within the next few weeks. Oh, and our QB is the best to ever play the position.. He also happens to be playing at an NFL MVP level at 44.. Who knows if we’ll repeat, but we should all feel confident
      that our beloved team will make the playoffs.. We should all be trying to enjoy this!

GO BUCS!!

• jobuc597

Participant

Hate to say it, but The Red Board was much better way back then.. Hell, back 15 years ago the only board troll was JAVA.. The Seminole, ‘Cane’s, and Gator fans all stayed true to the board being Bucs fans. We always talked about who we should take with our top 5 pick..

It is kinda crazy how quickly we get spoiled.. Our team is 4-1, tied for the second best record in the league. We’re in first place in our division with a favorable schedule the next few weeks.. I understand calling out the problems, but we’ve all waited what seems like an eternity to see how this season plays out. We have multiple crucial starters working towards returning to action within the next few weeks. Oh, and our QB is the best to ever play the position.. He also happens to be playing at an NFL MVP level at 44.. Who knows if we’ll repeat, but we should all feel confident
      that our beloved team will make the playoffs.. We should all be trying to enjoy this!

GO BUCS!!

I agree 100%, Like you said The Team is 4-1 and the big focus is on all that is negative….seems like a Miserable existence.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Politics have gotten into everything the last two years – families, friends, sports, work, relationships, etc.

the unfortunate thing is those that are so dedicated to their religion, er um…political party of choice. and it seems to be a majority of Americans – so many issues such as vaccine, covid, race, economy.

Let’s review. Republicans were in charge when the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars started. It’s very unfortunate that a majority of civilians believe that Wars are actually about what the government tells them they are about. In reality, Wars are NEVER what the government tells you they are about. Money for certain industries…..

The Democrats control the Presidency, Congress, and Senate and really have little to show for it the last 9 months. What have they done for BLM movement? All i have seen is a bashing of Trump and his supporters yet….you have all the power. Do something. Other than trying to make big pharm so much money. (or let me guess…government lies to us about Wars, but not embellishing terrorism or covid19? or maybe we are so out to lunch that we feel it’s republicans or democrats only that are evil?)

Truth is….everything is about money. You can vote for the lesser of two evils. Each party has some industry owning them whether its big tech, pharm, oil, etc.

I personally view less government intervention as the lesser of two evils which is republican. They are off on alot of views but what has transpired in terms of intervention on way of life these last 2 years is hard for me to stomach. Not everyone is fortunate enough to live their life free as most i’d say desire being told what to do. Only since Covid, has this become so eye opening. I wasn’t around for the draft but this is the first time since then that the government was impacting peoples daily lifes.

let me be clear, just because i vote republican, doesn’t mean im a republican. I’m very apolitical. My girlfriend is actually liberal but sees eye to eye with me on freedom of choice and speech and isn’t so far liberal that it’s unbearable…(same would go with a women that is so far right. Yuck)

we should live our lifes and be able to co-exist with one another but where it goes wrong is when one side tries to villainize the other when in reality, what are the people they vote for…actually doing?

• TCB2W!

Participant

@kenntak

The personal attacks have always been here. The political stuff on the Red Board has been a much more recent thing.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I would say now that 80% of the threads degenerate into either politics, personal attacks, or social issues. I would no longer call this a true Bucs forum, but rather, a forum for other topics with some Bucs info thrown in. I can see why the number of active posters to this forum has substantially decreased. It’s the same 10 or so people continually bashing each other about politics or social issues. I would love to review this forum from 10-15 years ago. I bet it was a lot different then.

Most of the people that left is due to the over abundance of annoying ads.

• Greattimes

Participant

The advertisers that enable the Pewter Report to exist may also see the decline in the number of people making comments and decide to spend their money elsewhere. A lot of the blame for declining commentators is the failure of a moderator taking action against those who violate the Forum Rules. People shouldn’t be called names from others who disagree with their comments.

• Runole

Participant

This forum is much more active when the Bucs are bad, because everyone loves to criticize and complain, and the I told you so’s start flying.

This mimics society of today. Tragic news sells, gets clicks and engagement.. No one wants to read about good news.

Well stated.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

There used to be amazing discussions on this board. Lack of moderation has killed it. Some of the best posters have left because of the third grade level personal attacks. Ownership has never cared about the boards. Like anything that gets neglected, it has deteriorated to the point that its a joke.

If you want to post here you have to have thick skin and defend yourself. Its just not worth the bother honestly. This board sucks now

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Jed

Participant

There were also a few women that would post on here years back. They must have got tired of feeling like they were back in middle school.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Strict moderators would solve a ton of the problems.

I also agree that people love to complain, Bucs winning hurts that. Plenty of other teams boards have tons of healthy interaction and winning though.

• kenntak

Participant

Even more recently, I miss those football posts by people like Nobody. Always insightful and discussion-worthy whether one agreed or disagreed.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Yes I too greatly enjoyed Nobody.

I once asked him what position he played.

He was a cornerback

and to be a successful cornerback, you have to recognize formations very quickly.

He had deep knowledge of the game.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Yes I too greatly enjoyed Nobody.

I once asked him what position he played.

He was a cornerback

and to be a successful cornerback, you have to recognize formations very quickly.

He had deep knowledge of the game.

He’s posting on another board. Great insight as usual.

• blah

Participant

What boards? Im done with this one and Reddit can only scratch my itch so much. Thanks in advance.

• Runole

Participant

GO BUCS!!

well said. Unfortunately for some… they live to be miserable despite success. Go Bucs!

Another point…
      JMO but there are some in America today that hate football. Fortunately, they are a minority.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.