THIS IS THE YEAR FOR FIERY BUCS DE GHOLSTON

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Eric Horchy
    Keymaster

Teammates and coaches always seem to talk about three things when the topic is Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end William Gholston: intensity, potential and versatility.In three years with the Bucs since being their fourth-round draft pick in 2013 out of Michigan State, Gholston’s shown all three on the field. The problem, however, has been channeling and focusing his emotions and abilities with consistency.https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/this-is-the-year-for-fiery-bucs-de-gholston/

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Should be re-signed before camp. 4 years, $20-25M

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Teammates and coaches always seem to talk about three things when the topic is Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end William Gholston: intensity, potential and versatility.

I like the kid a lot and really hope he succeeds, but it could be that his "versatility" means he doesn't stand out at any one thing, justgood at a lot.  That would still be a good thing and still make him very valuable, I just wonder about the breakout year concept.  Definitely pulling for him though

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

He stands out as a power LE. More suited to be in a 3-4 but for the Bucs to steal him in the 4th round I can’t make a big deal about scheme fit. If you re-draft 2013 he’s a first round pick. Bucs would the the type of organization to let him walk though.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

He stands out as a power LE. More suited to be in a 3-4 but for the Bucs to steal him in the 4th round I can't make a big deal about scheme fit. If you re-draft 2013 he's a first round pick. Bucs would the the type of organization to let him walk though.

Lol your opinions are so weird dudeAnd it's good for the board, make sure you stick around man

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m okay with letting him walk. He’s too tall to be an above average NFL pass rusher. Tough for him to get leverage. I’m okay with Spence/J Smith/Ayers. We would miss gholston against the run though.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am probably his #1 fan, but give him that much cheddar, based on?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you add 4 years, $20M to his 1.8M cap number now, it would average 4.36M over 5 years, 34th for DEs. By the end of his contract it will be closer to 50th.Would structure it2016- 4M guaranteed2017- 4M guaranteed 2018- 4.4M2019- 4.4M2020- 5M

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you add 4 years, $20M to his 1.8M cap number now, it would average 4.36M over 5 years, 34th for DEs. By the end of his contract it will be closer to 50th.Would structure it2016- 4M guaranteed2017- 4M guaranteed 2018- 4.4M2019- 4.4M2020- 5M

I dont know man, I love the guy, but I would like to see more production before writing the check.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont know man, I love the guy, but I would like to see more production before writing the check.

What's your goal? To get him signed for 3M a year instead of 4.36? Risk him getting to free agency for all that? This team has blown money free agent bums but we finally have a home grown player and now fans want to get cheap.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Best comparison for Gholston to me is Calais Campbell, who signed a 5 year, $55 million contract in 2012. Now I doubt Gholston will quite get that, but I do think he’ll blow the numbers you guys are talking about out of the water if he keeps improving his play as he has done. With everyone we have on deck to get paid, I’d be surprised if we are the ones to pay him, but hopefully he has a great year and makes it a consideration.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What's your goal? To get him signed for 3M a year instead of 4.36? Risk him getting to free agency for all that? This team has blown money free agent bums but we finally have a home grown player and now fans want to get cheap.

A home grown player that has 7 sacks from 2013-2015? I would let him play out the season and see how it goes. If he turns into JJ this season, then fine you pay him. And yes it would cost us more, but I would gladly pay the big season dividend if he earned it. That is what I hope happens, but it is unlikely. I think the more likely scenario is, Robert balls out big time. And we are all saying, William who?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks AJ, I was wondering if I was confusing Gholston with someone else…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Nothing wrong with it but this is the standard pre camp puff piece on a lesser player.  G is a good depth player. At best he is planned as the 3rd best DE on the team.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A home grown player that has 7 sacks from 2013-2015? I would let him play out the season and see how it goes. If he turns into JJ this season, then fine you pay him. And yes it would cost us more, but I would gladly pay the big season dividend if he earned it. That is what I hope happens, but it is unlikely. I think the more likely scenario is, Robert balls out big time. And we are all saying, William who?

Challenge you to look at it more logically. He's not a pass rusher, think everyone accepts that. But there's a role, a winning role, that he excels at.I want to pay him like the 40-50th best DE, you bring up "if he turns into JJ". Watt is likely going to be a top 5 DE of all time.And you finish it in typical Buc fan fashion, thinking a Free Agent will over perform.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.