Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• BucsGuru

Participant

Winston is a rookie.  I understand he came from a pro-style offense, but that same offense saw him struggle in a big way last year and throw multiple interceptions while under pressure…exactly what he did last night…it should have been at least two picks.  The offensive line struggles are well documented and the Bucs did draft for this position, but should have done more to bring some other in.  We simply will never be a better team without an offensive line.  I still don't believe in Lovie Smith.  He seems like a great man, but just an average football coach at best.  Are his hands tied?  Perhaps.  But the direction we are heading towards is another 7-9/6-10 season and then the excuses will once again start pouring in.  It's going to be a long season Buc fans!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we see the same in game one I’ll be inclined to agree with all of that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we see the same in game one I'll be inclined to agree with all of that.

Remember the Titans. They probably will beat the hell out of Tampa. Mariota will have a lot of time to complete roughly 70-80 percent of his passes, he will rush for about 30, all of them getting first downs, and I expect the Titans to beat the Bucs game 1. Slow start again. Final record 6-10. Winston throws a ton of picks, in the twenties, and for roughly 4k yards. Hopefully he won't get Carr'd too hard, as a result of Lovie Smith thinking Gilkey and Kadeem deserve roster spots. Nah! Lovie isn't a good coach. He strikes me as a bit of a procrastinating idiot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it was good last night that the Browns blitzed like crazy.  This is what the Titans will do in Game 1.  The O-line was exposed big time.  If they corrected the problem during the game that would give hope.  They couldn’t because of a lack of talent on the line.  It is what it is.  Can’t and won’t support this team with my money until there is commitment from ownership/leadership to put a competitive product on the field.  Gave up my season tickets 2 years ago and won’t consider getting into that level of commitment again. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it was good last night that the Browns blitzed like crazy.  This is what the Titans will do in Game 1.  The O-line was exposed big time.  If they corrected the problem during the game that would give hope.  They couldn't because of a lack of talent on the line.  It is what it is.  Can't and won't support this team with my money until there is commitment from ownership/leadership to put a competitive product on the field.  Gave up my season tickets 2 years ago and won't consider getting into that level of commitment again.

Do not blame you. The stupidity is incredible. He way the team has been assembled seems like from the outside in. Just backwards. Excuse after excuse after excuse. Year after year after year after year after year after yeAr...just the most boring wimp football I have ever seen. The Bucs are a joke. Nothin has changed until consistent further notice. No more excuses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think we should gauge the Buc’s season by this one loss.This was the first time Winston saw a 3-4 defense, and admitted that he struggled with the line calls. Also the Bucs only had 3 practices before the Cleveland game, Cleveland had 10. The Bucs looked tired and the Browns looked fresh.This team IS going to struggle at times this year, and sometimes it's going to be like that one drive where Winston hits Jackson for 26 and Martin finishes it off. That game might have ended differently without the ST issues. ST gave up 7 points and missed 6 points. That's a 13 point swing in the score. Had ST done their jobs, when we scored our TD, it would have only been 10-7 and we should have tied it with the FG on the next drive. We could have gone into half-time tied 10-10.At least they got the penalties under control. FTR, I don't think either Edwards OR Gilkey is going to be on the opening day roster. Neither has shown anything, so we might as well use our waiver wire status to pickup someone else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Titans game is looking like a big, ugly “L” right now. They run the same style of defense as the Browns but more disguised and aggressive. And the Bucs had absolutely zero answer to it last night.The offensive line is really pathetic. It was the worst in the league last year and looks like there is no improvement at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs go 6-10/7-9 that would be a success…

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Protect Winston and he will succeed and we will win. Joe Montana couldn’t play under the pressure Winston had last night. I will tell you what you should expect... Protect the QB and win ball games!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Protect Winston and he will succeed and we will win. Joe Montana couldn't play under the pressure Winston had last night. I will tell you what you should expect... Protect the QB and win ball games!

There we go!!!!!  I called this post in the game thread.  I love it how predictable the slurps are...

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Protect Winston and he will succeed and we will win. Joe Montana couldn't play under the pressure Winston had last night. I will tell you what you should expect... Protect the QB and win ball games!

There we go!!!!!  I called this post in the game thread.  I love it how predictable the slurps are...

Do you have an educated response to anything in any thread? Just call anyone that makes a positive response about Winston a Slurp? Lol Do you disagree? Maybe he botched some calls picking up the blitz but the fact still remains, give a QB time to throw and they succeed. Tom Brady didn't look good when his Oline couldn't protect him...

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

It doesn’t matter if it’s Winston or Joe blow at QB my comments about last night would have been the same… However it does matter for you, if the comments are about Winston you jump to taking shots and calling names!!! Sounds like you are the one with Winston on the mind and you are the Slurp!

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

He was hit 7 times last night… That’s unacceptable!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think we should gauge the Buc's season by this one loss.This was the first time Winston saw a 3-4 defense, and admitted that he struggled with the line calls. Also the Bucs only had 3 practices before the Cleveland game, Cleveland had 10. The Bucs looked tired and the Browns looked fresh.This team IS going to struggle at times this year, and sometimes it's going to be like that one drive where Winston hits Jackson for 26 and Martin finishes it off. That game might have ended differently without the ST issues. ST gave up 7 points and missed 6 points. That's a 13 point swing in the score. Had ST done their jobs, when we scored our TD, it would have only been 10-7 and we should have tied it with the FG on the next drive. We could have gone into half-time tied 10-10.At least they got the penalties under control. FTR, I don't think either Edwards OR Gilkey is going to be on the opening day roster. Neither has shown anything, so we might as well use our waiver wire status to pickup someone else.

Well said. I was probably more concerned with the D than the offense after this game. Can't let the anemic McCown-led Browns march down the field 80 yards for a TD... TWICE. Then again... Kwon is just a HUGE bright spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said a while ago that the Bucs will probably win 6 games this year. That’s progress, sadly.Rome wasn't built in a day, fellas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why after the Bengals game I didn’t get too high, or after them am I getting too low…We have a rookie qb and a very unexperienced OL with Marpet, Smith and Fragel until Dot gets back…Winston has shown me how good he is going to be and how he is STILL a rookie who is learning…Some want to compare to Mariota but let me say a few things on that…The Titans are helping him out a lot by getting the same type of routes and quick passes he did at Oregon and their OL is def better than ours as of now. We saw Winston bounce back big time after struggling in week 1, good thing about him is he learns and than will fix it for next time. This team is going to be up and down all season, with a very young OL and QB what do you expect? Fans needs to tamper their expectations and realize this is a process, we are finally building through the draft like we should and have seen us get more production the last two years than we have in IDK how long with previous drafts. Expect ups and downs but realize you have to be realistic with how this team will do this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last week, “playoffs!” This week, “fire Lovie!”Maybe it's the fans?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly! one preseason win and were the nex NFC South champs, the next week fire Lovie, Winston is garbage this team is going 0-16, its pathetic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last week, "playoffs!" This week, "fire Lovie!"Maybe it's the fans?

30-70 over their last 100 games.It's NOT the fans.  Try again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was the problem last season. What is different this season about the offensive line? They should have traded that #1 overall pick for a quality offensive lineman and more picks and rolled with Glennon. This would have been a good start at rebuilding the offensive line. This season we have a rookie QB getting killed behind the same quality line as last season. Changing the name of the restaurant does not improve the food if you keep the same chef.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh please. Browns have a great oline and they are going NOWHERE. Need a QB and Winston will deliver. He's a rookie playing in his 3rd pre-season game. Where's the thread with all the top OL teams vs. top QB teams?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh please. Browns have a great oline and they are going NOWHERE. Need a QB and Winston will deliver. He's a rookie playing in his 3rd pre-season game. Where's the thread with all the top OL teams vs. top QB teams?

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying in time Winston will win us enough games, with a poor offensive line, to get us to the playoffs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was hit 7 times last night... That's unacceptable!!

2 or 3 of those he had time and didn't get rid of the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's absurd unless your focus is the owners. The new regime has been in place one seasonAnyway, it wouldn't matter to you if the Bucs were winning because we'd still have a "rapist" as a QB, right?

Nope.  Sorry.  2-14?  Nice regime.  Keep trying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was hit 7 times last night... That's unacceptable!!

2 or 3 of those he had time and didn't get rid of the ball.

Mike would get heat for this if he did it once in a game. He did it once during the Monday Night game and one poster brought it up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's absurd unless your focus is the owners. The new regime has been in place one seasonAnyway, it wouldn't matter to you if the Bucs were winning because we'd still have a "rapist" as a QB, right?

I wasn't defending the regime. I was saying you are an idiot. No need to keep trying, anyone who can read knows I am right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn't defending the regime. I was saying you are an idiot. No need to keep trying, anyone who can read knows I am right.

Another post, another epic fail.  Keep trying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are his hands tied?  Perhaps. 

by who?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

speaking of predictable.....incredible!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans and Mariota have definitely looked better than the Buccaneers and Winston. It’s preseason, but at this point it’s all we have to go off of…Standing here today...I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Titans blow the Bucs out of Ray Jay. Mariota has a better OL and he's looked good...their defense looks better...the Bucs still have zero pass rush and had a hard time catching Josh McCown...Mariota could run circles around this defensive front...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans and Mariota have definitely looked better than the Buccaneers and Winston. It's preseason, but at this point it's all we have to go off of...Standing here today...I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Titans blow the Bucs out of Ray Jay. Mariota has a better OL and he's looked good...their defense looks better...the Bucs still have zero pass rush and had a hard time catching Josh McCown...Mariota could run circles around this defensive front...

I thought at first glance we were playing Josh as we would Mariota.  A quarterback we are worried will hurt us running.  I have not taken the time to watch any of the game a second time.  I saw at least one play we held a dlineman out of rush to spy (I hope at least).  I sure as hell hope we are more aggressive in our defensive calls week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans and Mariota have definitely looked better than the Buccaneers and Winston. It's preseason, but at this point it's all we have to go off of...Standing here today...I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Titans blow the Bucs out of Ray Jay. Mariota has a better OL and he's looked good...their defense looks better...the Bucs still have zero pass rush and had a hard time catching Josh McCown...Mariota could run circles around this defensive front...

I thought at first glance we were playing Josh as we would Mariota.  A quarterback we are worried will hurt us running.  I have not taken the time to watch any of the game a second time.  I saw at least one play we held a dlineman out of rush to spy (I hope at least).  I sure as hell hope we are more aggressive in our defensive calls week 1.

Need to play Mariota like they played Vick back in the Falcons days. Break out the old tape of our glory days defense and study it hard. Hope they can play the role well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Need to play Mariota like they played Vick back in the Falcons days. Break out the old tape of our glory days defense and study it hard. Hope they can play the role well.

I think Kwon can. If John Howell can hit Vick, Kwon can chase and nail Mariota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm hoping he is the beginning to our defensive turn around just as Nickerson was back in the day. He gave our defense some nasty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm hoping he is the beginning to our defensive turn around just as Nickerson was back in the day. He gave our defense some nasty.

I'm thinking we are seeing our next version of Sapp, Nickerson and Brooks with McCoy, Alexander and David.Hopefully we find our next Simeon Rice soon, and a Donnie Abraham/Barber

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i expect mariota to make some decent runs and have a high percentage on short passes against us.  i also expect david and kwon to be making quick tackles for small gains.  folks fret because they see what happens when LJ is in the slot, or what happened 4 years ago.times are different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was the problem last season. What is different this season about the offensive line? They should have traded that #1 overall pick for a quality offensive lineman and more picks and rolled with Glennon. This would have been a good start at rebuilding the offensive line. This season we have a rookie QB getting killed behind the same quality line as last season. Changing the name of the restaurant does not improve the food if you keep the same chef.

Yeah..... Its pretty crazy seeing the very same excuses being used to protect Winston that were unacceptable for Glennon.  I got some heat for wanting to trade down this past draft.  I've also gotten some heat for not liking the draft the year before (including picking Evans).It has nothing to do with Winston, Evans, ASJ, Sims, etc- I don't hate any of them.  I just think we are building the team the wrong way.

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.