Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

Jameis has ZERO margin for error. He’s getting married, he’s got a kid on the way, and the Bucs and the NFL are watching his every move. We will see what kind of player and person he is over the next 2 years. If he stumbles then he’s suspended for a year or banned from the league. He CANNOT stumble.

He now is probably one of the most disliked players in the League. He has to own it. He has to prove everyone wrong. Can he?

He was big man on campus at FSU and as a rookie with the Bucs. If felt entitled. He’s not anymore. Everyone is rooting for him to fail. What will he do with this? The all-time greats run with it. He’s absolutely backed up against the wall. Let’s see if he has the stones to overcome.

This could be a blessing in disguise.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Hahahahaha. 99.9% of the all time greats are never put in this type of position. But ok

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what everyone said before the draft. He’s acting like an angel! Doing everything right! Then his very first offseason he runs around and does stupid crap. The guy behaves just long enough to get people to trust him again before reverting back to his normal immature and unreliable self.

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Game 4… he grabs his shoulder and winces. $20M.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

CalicoJackoff…

How’s your franchise QB Glennon doing in Chicago?

Oh wait…

• freddy

Participant

@calicojack55 Winston’s $20 million is next year not this year. Faking an injury gets him nothing but unemployed. And if you add faking injuries to his timeline, he would never play in the NFL again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone is rooting for him to fail? I don’t know anyone personally that roots for him or anyone to fail.

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

When a team exercises the option, it becomes guaranteed for injury only. If the player is on the team’s roster at the start of the League Year in his option season, his salary becomes fully guaranteed for skill, cap and injury.

Link

• freddy

Participant

Again, that is next year.You really think Winston can fake an injury for two years?

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Ask Luck.

• SunnyD

Participant

He has got to put the rah rah schtick aside and be a silent, stoic QB for the remainder of his career.

Avoid any media attention at all costs.

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Nobody said anything about Brett Favre or Peyton manning sexual assault case. Winston made 2 mistakes a couple years ago. I Doubt we hear anything like it again.

• mofuggahere

Participant

I wish you were right but it seems to me in the environment we live in, too many Tampa Bay fans have written him off. Aside from some major winning occurring I think he ends up gone. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

• blind melon

Participant

SunnyD

“..He has got to put the rah rah schtick aside and be a silent, stoic QB for the remainder of his career.

Avoid any media attention at all costs…”

Agreed. Although, I doubt he could avoid media attention as a QB, especially now.

Personally, I”m tired of hearing about and from JW, cause it’s talk. I imagine a lot of people are too…

That in unto itself could/is the beginning of a downward spiral that will truly end his dream.

Best possible way forward = “Yes sir, No sir” Actions on and off the field do the ‘talking’.

In other words – STFU and Play.

• ghost

Participant

How fucked up do you have to be to say sexual assault is “just what the doctor ordered”?

• BradyTakeTheWheel

Participant

Putting the Jameis Winston view to the side, and just look at it from a team perspective, we certainly are viewed much different than we were last year this time by the media.

Good Morning Football yesterday morning had a segment where they discussed when we would get our first win…. Steve Smith said ‘Week 7, maybe?!’, peter wouldn’t even answer the question and just had a ‘this team could go 0-16, who knows’, and the other guy went bold and said he thinks we beat saints week 1.

Point being this team is going to be getting zero love from the media now. Between our opening schedule, the QB drama, and last season we have already been written off for this season. Hopefully being left for dead motivates the squad. We know being hyped last year did no favors.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team has issues trying to pick a team captain for chrissakes…this sort of thing might galvanize a stronger team, like the Eagles. Ugh.

But a weak, drama laced team that has plenty of issues trying to cull W’s? With no obvious true leadership? This is a death sentence. Bucs might win 5 games…regardless the schedule is brutal. Coupling that with above, and you have a nice recipe for a losing season. Again.

Thanks Jameis!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.