Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• m_j

Participant

injuries killed us and we still went out with fight!

this season was fun, we can only hope it won’t be the last before we go back to where we are

go bucs!

• TNEGATIVE

Participant

Holy crap! A well thought out post. Kudos to you sir.

• Mic

Participant

The loss only hurt when we went and tied the game. The superbowl made this loss bearable

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Actually this season is a HUGE disappointment. The Buccaneers had a chance to improve the roster and they made it worse.

• Watchman

Participant

The shame of it is – I think the Bucs would have handled SF easily.

I did not expect them to beat the Rams. LA has been playing well.

Losing Wirfs and Godwin was too much. If they had those two healthy then I think they get back into the SB.

One of the keys to last years was the Bucs were healthy or got healthy at the right time.

• seekpar

Participant

Losing Godwin was a big hit to the offense, and all the other injuries and AB going mental. It was amazing how well they played given all the challenges they faced.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

We were cursed with injuries. The major problem is that all season long the injuries came in positional waves.

First it was the DBs.
      Then it was the RBs.
      Then it was the O Line
      then it was the receivers

Never seen anything like it.

• m_j

Participant

in the end everyone will remember that bltz and blame bowles.

not that they shouldn‘t …. but that was not our season, it was 13-4 with some great wins and a couple of embarrassments. we earned no.2 seed, fulfilled our minimum with divisionals and came one play close to overtime! if only every season would look simmilar ….

• RocBucsFan

Participant

in the end everyone will remember that bltz and blame bowles.

not that they shouldn‘t …. but that was not our season, it was 13-4 with some great wins and a couple of embarrassments. we earned no.2 seed, fulfilled our minimum with divisionals and came one play close to overtime! if only every season would look simmilar ….

This guy gets it!

• Greattimes

Participant

We as fans should be grateful that the Bucs have won 2 Superbowls. There are teams in the NFL who still haven’t won a single Superbowl. Considering the injury bug that hit the Bucs throughout the year we should be happy for the teams success and look forward to next year.

• Pete Wood

Participant

Given all their injuries, the Bucs overachieved this season. I wish we had won a consecuitve Super Bowl, but that is exceedingly hard even under the best of circumstances. The Patriots only did it once. With a healthy team we would have repeated. For some reason, the Rams are our kryptonite, just as the Giants somehow always beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
      Even if we had somehow beaten the Rams, I think the odds of us winning the Super Bowl were almost zero. We were too banged up.
      I am proud of the Bucs. Sunday’s loss hurt, but it beats years without a winning record. Don’t forget where we were just two years ago.

• m_j

Participant

Given all their injuries, the Bucs overachieved this season. I wish we had won a consecuitve Super Bowl, but that is exceedingly hard even under the best of circumstances. The Patriots only did it once. With a healthy team we would have repeated. For some reason, the Rams are our kryptonite, just as the Giants somehow always beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
      Even if we had somehow beaten the Rams, I think the odds of us winning the Super Bowl were almost zero. We were too banged up.
      I am proud of the Bucs. Sunday’s loss hurt, but it beats years without a winning record. Don’t forget where we were just two years ago.

odds winning SB were small anyway, but going there would have been very possible, we match very well vs heavy run teams with gama manager on QB position

whatever, this season was big fun!

• kenntak

Participant

The chance of repeating was challenging at the start, but it ended up being very real had the Bucs defeated the Rams. I am thoroughly disappointed. The Packers were the number 1 seed, Rodgers had an unbelievable season, but don’t you think Packers’ fans are thoroughly disappointed? They also won one Super Bowl with Rodgers. We let this great opportunity go, I am not happy with just one Super Bowl with Brady. The Chiefs are probably going to their third Super Bowl in a row. We should be going too.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.