Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• revfish

Participant

Scott, have enjoyed y’alls reports from training camp, and who has looked good and who hasn’t.  As we begin looking forward to 2014, though, the frustrating part is that it is hard to compare what you are seeing with what is going on with other teams.  So my question to you is please:  how would you compare the talent, the fundamentals, the effort and the attitude of the 2014 roster with that of past Buccaneers teams.  You’ve been here for almost or over 20 years.  is this team, as far as you can tell, closer to what you saw in what year:  just to throw out landmark years, do y’all feel what we have compares to:  1997 (strong talent coming together), 2001 (talent but no sense of direction or identity), 2006 (disorganized and low on talent), 2007 (rallied behind strong leader),  2011 (no direction and short on character) or 2012 (great deal of promise as long as it kept focus).I know what you are seeing...I'm just trying to get some context.  Thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It appears that this board is strictly for advertising PR articles to you, Garv, and Uncle Stan. I would be very interested in a response to your questions. One thing for sure, this team will cut a number of players who would have started in past years. This roster has more talent than they have room for. 2014 is going to be great fun for Buc fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It appears that this board is strictly for advertising PR articles to you, Garv, and Uncle Stan. I would be very interested in a response to your questions. One thing for sure, this team will cut a number of players who would have started in past years. This roster has more talent than they have room for. 2014 is going to be great fun for Buc fans.

I think we'll see some very good players cut as well. A good problem to have if we keep the right ones. I know we'll see a good RB or two cut. And how about some of the no name WO's who have looked impressive this off-season? Could we find a gem with speed? Will Jeff Demps lineup outside and go get the ball? We hear his hands might be good enough. The OL.........the Bucs have almost ALWAYS relied on lower round picks and cast offs along the line. Can we see some depth developing there?I cannot wait for training camp to get going. Will even be spying on the Falcons as they appear in Hard Knocks!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having Lovie running the program is the absolute best. I am confident he will lead the Bucs back to the SB at least once. He is such an upgrade over the last 3 HCs the Bucs have had. September can’t get here soon enough for me. The Bucs will be respected again, and not just for their D.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I CANNOT WAIT!!! (yes i say that every year)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While so much is yet to be seen, this feels like a much better course than what we have seen for 4 years – so I cannot wait to see where this takes the buccaneers… and that is a pleasant change…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I cant speak for the last 20 years, but in the four I have worked for PewterReport.com it is easily the best looking offseason I have seen. How that translates to the season is really hard to tell. I will say again, the players on offense have really bought into McCown. They really believe in the guy and his leadership. Again, still too early to tell how it works out in September though!

Please wait…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.