Viewing 55 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Three Bold Predictions For Training Camp By David Levin July 19, 2014    7:55 pm bold_zpsbd68a6b7.pngOut with the out, in with the old but very new. For the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the days of Greg Schiano and his militant college style of coaching are gone. Welcome Lovie Smith to the fold – the former member of Tony Dungy’s staff and hopefully the savior of the Buccaneers franchise – one that went 4-4 over its last eight games after losing the first eight of the season and competed with the Jacksonville Jaguars for the moniker of worst in the NFL.I, and many of the media can assure you that catch phrase will not be uttered here in southwest Florida.Smith was the first and only candidate of the team – one that was looking for a tough but respected coach that could come in, spray Lysol over the affected areas of the club and turn it into a more stable and sterile environment. The team’s two worst illnesses – Schiano and quarterback Josh Freeman have been jettisoned. Now, the focus can be on rebirth and rededication.Smith has the benefit of a solid defense and a growing offense. But he also has a fan base that is waning and the natives are restless. This is not the same team that won a Super Bowl or one that resembles a playoff team, but a solid year means eight wins are very possible. And in that case, Smith will be loved by everyone who wears pewter and red.Here are three bold predictions for training camp.SMITH DECLARES TWO STARTERSWhen he signed Josh McCown, Lovie Smith immediately anointed him as “his starter” for the team. But the Bucs have Mike Glennon, who as a rookie showed plenty of moxie and resolve as a rookie to play better than any other rookie quarterback. Not bad for a third-round pick. Because Glennon shows he can move around in the pocket and can create space down field – Smith has no other choice but to say the Buccaneers have two starters and both will fit it out over the course of the preseason.MARTIN DECLARES 2,000 YARDSTrying to prove that he is back and better than ever, Doug Martin said he does not want to remember the 2013, but rather build on the 2012 rookie season where he ran over everything. The Buccaneers should be better on the offensive line this season and should be able to open holes for Martin to run through. If Martin is at full strength, the Bucs offense just got better by 50 percent.WHY NOT THE BUCSIt is a general theme of the less haves of the NFL. Why can’t 2014 be their season? Tampa Bay’s new general manager Jason Licht wanted to know why can’t Tampa Bay become the Kansas City Chiefs or any other team that has gone from worst to first in two seasons? Licht is putting together a roster that will be solid and young and ready to challenge the NFC South. There is a chance they can surprise a few teams and win at least eight games. link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see Martin getting 2000 yards healthy or not. It seems we’ll use all of our RBs frequently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Surprise a few teams and win at least eight games.”Standards are fucking low around here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Surprise a few teams and win at least eight games."Standards are **CENSORED**ing low around here.

Agree.Dougie will share carries so I don't see 2K.Lovie is way too smart to name 2 starting QB's, that would be suicide.I expect the team to be competitive, and be in the thick of things for the NFC wildcard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What would dual starting quarterbacks do to all the bets on the Red Board?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dougie will share carries so I don't see 2K.Lovie is way too smart to name 2 starting QB's, that would be suicide.I expect the team to be competitive, and be in the thick of things for the NFC wildcard.

I strongly agree on all counts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Surprise a few teams and win at least eight games."Standards are **CENSORED**ing low around here.

Agree.Dougie will share carries so I don't see 2K.Lovie is way too smart to name 2 starting QB's, that would be suicide.I expect the team to be competitive, and be in the thick of things for the NFC wildcard.

Yeah, Spurrier is not our head coach.  There will be one starter named and it will happen after the second pre-season game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.) The air conditioner will be set at a wide variety of temperatures 2.) Pasta will not be cooked regularly3.) No one will hear the phrase ''Toes on the line"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.  Stay healthy.2.  Have a couple players emerge big time as future stars in the league.3.  Late in the season, have a real shot at locking down the NFC South crown or wildcard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What would dual starting quarterbacks do to all the bets on the Red Board?

The most well know bet is Glennon to START week 1. It doesn't matter if he's named a starter but doesn't start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everything about this article is just plain wrong.I see Martin's production being pretty close to his rookie numbers.  With a little luck and dodging some key injuries, I see us as being 8-8 or so with McCown under center. Sure we have a playoff shot, but it's a long one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can someone remind me the last time a team named two starting QBs and it was a good thing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can someone remind me the last time a team named two starting QBs and it was a good thing?

Can someone remind me the last time a team named two starting QBs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[There will be one starter named and it will happen after the second pre-season game.

Hopefully it won't be quite as ridiculous as it has been in certain past years, but I'll be wholly unsurprised if McCown doesn't play enough in the first two preseason games for any real conclusions to be made about him.One not-so-bold prediction: good, bad or indifferent, when it comes to both Glennon and McCown, there will be an awful lot of "it's preseason, guys" for both of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one that really sticks out to me is Dougie getting 2,000 yards. I’m guessing he means combined yardage, which if he gets that many receiving yards then the Sims pick is a real head scratcher. If he gets 1,500 yards combined I’d be happy.I agree that there should be a starting QB officially named after the 2nd preseason game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dougie will have 2000 rushing by week 10

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In case anyone is interested, Pete Carroll named Russell Wilson the regular season starter over Matt Flynn after the third pre-season game. Matt Flynn started the first pre-season game/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In case anyone is interested, Pete Carroll named Russell Wilson the regular season starter over Matt Flynn after the third pre-season game. Matt Flynn started the first pre-season game/

Solid info! It seems like the new coaching staff is inclined to roll with Glennon but it make take a few games for the announcement. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems like the new coaching staff is inclined to roll with Glennon but it make take a few games for the announcement.

I just wanted to quote this so it can re-visited in a few weeks. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Solid info! It seems like the new coaching staff is inclined to roll with Glennon but it make take a few games for the announcement.

According to who? The Bellagio?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems like the new coaching staff is inclined to roll with Glennon but it make take a few games for the announcement.

hqdefault.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to who? The Bellagio?

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a reason Link happens…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a reason Link happens...

Here's Bass's little puppy dog, right on cue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some call it a puppy dog, others call it a secondary account.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you saying there's a connection between a cat (calico) and a fish (bass)?!?!?! All we need is someone named catnip to join the discussion now!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cool!  Mayhem has a dictionary…  Still can’t figure it out, tho’…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are saying there's a connection between a cat (calico) and a fish (bass)? All we need is someone named catnip to join the discussion now.

Or litter box.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are saying there's a connection between a cat (calico) and a fish (bass)? All we need is someone named catnip to join the discussion now.

Or litter box.

Where is "turd-in-the-punchbowl" when you need him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These be shallow waters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These be shallow waters.

Good thing little puppy dogs can swim.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I used to think you seriously believed this crap but lately it's become clear you are just trolling

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I used to think you seriously believed this crap but lately it's become clear you are just trolling

uh -huh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These be shallow waters.

Good thing little puppy dogs can swim.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A common method used by Bass fisherman is trolling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that's right, I'm a troll.  There's no way starting Glennon makes any sense to this coaching staff.  Man is this board snowed.  I've honestly never seen a situation like the one we have on this board regarding a QB situation.  One where there is more value with some traveling "mentor" vs. a homegrown product with huge upside. Hear what you want to hear, see what you want to see but know that Glennon is gaining favor daily in the eyes of those housed at OBP. 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

How do you feel about 'Cocoa Puffs'?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do you feel about 'Cocoa Puffs'?

How do you feel about Tyler Durden?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

uyhhju Much humanthat's right, I'm a troll.  There's no way starting Glennon makes any sense to this coaching staff.  Man is this board snowed.  I've honestly never seen a situation like the one we have on this board regarding a QB situation.  One where there is more value with some traveling "mentor" vs. a homegrown product with huge upside. Hear what you want to hear, see what you want to see but know that Glennon is gaining favor daily in the eyes of those housed at OBP.

It's your constant posting of pure bullsh*t that you know what's going on in the FO and the coaching staff. And, saying Glennon has "huge upside" is a stretch. Potential...yes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

uyhhju Much humanthat's right, I'm a troll.  There's no way starting Glennon makes any sense to this coaching staff.  Man is this board snowed.  I've honestly never seen a situation like the one we have on this board regarding a QB situation.  One where there is more value with some traveling "mentor" vs. a homegrown product with huge upside. Hear what you want to hear, see what you want to see but know that Glennon is gaining favor daily in the eyes of those housed at OBP.

It's your constant posting of pure bullsh*t that you know what's going on in the FO and the coaching staff. And, saying Glennon has "huge upside" is a stretch. Potential...yes.

6'7 guy with a big arm and by all accounts a hard worker and very smart ? I'd say that's huge upside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s your constant posting of pure bullsh*t that you know what’s going on in the FO and the coaching staff. And, saying Glennon has “huge upside” is a stretch. Potential…yes.

How would you know for one minute what Glennon's upside is?  I am at least basing my speculation on other first year QB's #s and how they did in the years that follow.  His ability to find the end zone and protect the football in his rookie season compare favorably with other QBs that have gone on to win and win big.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would you know for one minute what Glennon's upside is?  I am at least basing my speculation on other first year QB's #s and how they did in the years that follow.  His ability to find the end zone and protect the football in his rookie season compare favorably with other QBs that have gone on to win and win big.

Oh. So I don't know, but you do. Right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, I am at least basing my speculation on success of other rookie QB's #s and how they improved from year one to year two.  You are flat out saying his upside is limited............based on what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, I am at least basing my speculation on success of other rookie QB's #s and how they improved from year one to year two.  You are flat out saying his upside is limited............based on what?

By actually watching the games. And not their box scores.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see Doug Martin getting close to 2k combined yards. They’re going to do a lot of short passing to the RBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By actually watching the games. And not their box scores.

Were they games from his rookie season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see Doug Martin getting close to 2k combined yards. They're going to do a lot of short passing to the RBs.

I think the RB play on both accounts, running and receiving, is going to be too spread out for any one back to get 2000 APY.  We have three running backs already that have shown they can play in this league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1- Nicks takes the field and enters the season healthy.2- The Tedford offense takes the NFL by storm making the Bucs an offensive juggernaut.3- The lightbulb finally clicks for Bowers and he emerges as a double digit sack producer.Disclaimer- I don't expect even one of these things to happen but the OP asked for BOLD predictions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1- Nicks takes the field and enters the season healthy.2- The Tedford offense takes the NFL by storm making the Bucs an offensive juggernaut.3- The lightbulb finally clicks for Bowers and he emerges as a double digit sack producer.Disclaimer- I don't expect even one of these things to happen but the OP asked for BOLD predictions.

Nicks is as close to a sure thing as there is. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks is as close to a sure thing as there is.

'Sure thing' as in have toe issues and miss games eventually leading to retirement? We got hosed on that deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like how things are shaping up here so far.  Nicks cleared to play?  That means 1 down- 2 to go as far as this bold prediction business goes.I'd like to add a 4th bold prediction just in case my good fortune continues.4- I will select the exact Powerball numbers in the very near future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like how things are shaping up here so far.  Nicks cleared to play?  That means 1 down- 2 to go as far as this bold prediction business goes.I'd like to add a 4th bold prediction just in case my good fortune continues.4- I will select the exact Powerball numbers in the very near future.

Hope that works out for ya'.  ;D

Please wait…

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.