Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• HoistTheFlag

Participant

He was released by the Bears today because they want to go younger. He would be a nice addition and would really add depth to the corner position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was released by the Bears today because they want to go younger. He would be a nice addition and would really add depth to the corner position.

Agreed.Not my favorite player, but he would add depth and tampa needs a couple of vets.Wish he was a talented lineman though.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Hopefully some talented lineman get released

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him get a look from us as a nickel corner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully some talented lineman get released

Hopefully our O-Line coach does too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt in my mind that Lovie and Licht will be in contact with him and his agent.That said, he'll be a Cowboy, IMO. They're a contender...he'll choose that...

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Probably, but he would be a really good addition, he would most definitely start at slot.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Dude will be 32 soon, pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We're not asking him to raise our kids.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

lol

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

That is how they get in these situations that everyone is bitching about all day long. Signing over the hill has beens. We have a young team keep building with youth is my plan. Screw those senior citizen signings.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is there to develop with Leonard Johnson?  We are talking about this season.  Not guaranteeing multiple years to him.  I am not worried about losing Johnson down the line.  I do hope we start seeing a corner drafted pretty much every season starting next draft.  We can keep promising young players who aren’t quite there yet at the bottom of the roster and upgrade the middle at the same time.  What I don’t know is if Jennings has anything left.  Have not watched the Bears.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

He was the 25th ranked corner out of 108 possible corners according to pff

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

What is there to develop with Leonard Johnson?  We are talking about this season.  Not guaranteeing multiple years to him.  I am not worried about losing Johnson down the line.  I do hope we start seeing a corner drafted pretty much every season starting next draft.  We can keep promising young players who aren't quite there yet at the bottom of the roster and upgrade the middle at the same time.  What I don't know is if Jennings has anything left.  Have not watched the Bears.

We got Sterling to play the NCB so who needs this dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He would be a great add. Having four solid corners to swap around is an ideal situation. However, we can have all the solid corners in the league, and it won't matter without a pass rush when Lovie relies on an easily beaten Cover 2/3.  But it helps slow the bleeding. I hope he signs but I can see the Pats gunning for him. They have mild CB issues, and Dallas could use him. Anything to get Leonard Johnson off the squad. He stinks man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t we get first dibs on guys that are released?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more competition the better. I would rather the young guys earn the job instead of being handed a job. No harm in signing Jennings and add some experience to this defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't we get first dibs on guys that are released?

Not on NFL vets.We get first dibs on the younger guys that have to go thru the waiver process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s  another one of Lovie’s Bears that we’ll go after.  We unsuccessfully  went after him in free agency in the past.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute agoFormer bears CB Tim Jennings is in Tampa visiting the Bucs today, per source.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute agoFormer bears CB Tim Jennings is in Tampa visiting the Bucs today, per source.

Good. Any move that pushes Leonard Johnson back in the depth chart is a good move. Verner/Banks/Jennings/Moore/Johnson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good. Any move that pushes Leonard Johnson back in the depth chart is a good move. Verner/Banks/Jennings/Moore/Johnson

That... and they were running short on guys named Tim.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you like Johnson over Jenkins?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnson is banged up right now... ICYMI

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnson is banged up right now... ICYMI

To answer his question, hell and no. Jenkins > Johnson 9/10 times. And Jenkins isn’t even that good. I just forgot about him in that post. Johnson can get cut for all I care, in fact if we do get Jennings its over for him. Verner/Banks/Jennings/Moore/Jenkins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With LJ gone, Jennings would be a huge upgrade.Verner/Banks/Jennings/Moore/Jenkins sounds like a pretty damn solid group of corners to me.I'm sure someone on the Red Board will be able to put a negative twist on it though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@TKras  2m2 minutes agoBREAKING: Tim Jennings is leaving town w/o contract.  He visited with the #Bucs this morning :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny stuff, thanks for the laugh...you've had some real gems lately, keep up the good work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnson not Jenkins? Idk who's worse

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@TKras  2m2 minutes agoBREAKING: Tim Jennings is leaving town w/o contract.  He visited with the #Bucs this morning :(

We are saving the money for a new punter. >:(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jennings would definitely be an upgrade. A stop-gap guy to bolster the CB’s. A guy who knows the system. You guys who would rather develop youth - you'd rather see Jude Adjei-Barimah or Brandon Dixon? Dixon played ok last year, but he's been toast this pre-season.This is the current roster of CBs38 Adjei-Barimah, Jude CB 5-11 200 23 R Bowling Green27 Banks, Johnthan CB 6-2 185 25 3 Mississippi State39 Dixon, Brandon CB 5-11 203 25 2 Northwest Missouri State28 Frey, Isaiah CB 6-0 190 25 3 Nevada24 Jenkins, Mike CB 5-10 197 30 8 South Florida26 Moore, Sterling CB 5-10 202 25 5 Southern Methodist21 Verner, Alterraun CB 5-10 187 26 6 UCLA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cowboys would be an option or he is making his rounds. Hopefully we convince him to come here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So…I think he is asking for far too much money from the Bucs, but a hunch says the Cowboys or Pats offer him a deal of far less value and he signs with them. Shame. Could have used him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m thinking he may want to ring chase, but with Lovie here there is a possibility he comes back and signs. Either way, he’s not a make or break player so I won’t worry about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think hed be a good signing in the short term, but it does raise questions.can he play the slot?  would he play STs?  what does it mean about a guy like dixon, having a younger developmental guy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree he would be great to add.  If someone gets hurt, I want a guy who can play in this league and who knows the system.  Jennings checks both boxes.  I am fine trying to develop guys, but during the season, I want someone who can step in.  I am not sure Mike Jenkins is safe.  Regardless, we can use more talent regardless of age.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is possible that he is a regular season week 2 signing as to not have to guarantee his salary…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes agoFree-agent CB Tim Jennings still here at One Buc, watching practice with his old Bears coach, Lovie Smith. CN1g3F0WgAAivFN.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 3m3 minutes agoFree-agent CB Tim Jennings still here at One Buc, watching practice with his old Bears coach, Lovie Smith. CN1g3F0WgAAivFN.jpg

Oh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh

Nice, don't know wtf TKras is talking about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TKras with a bad day. @GilArciaTBC: Two people tweeted saying Tim Jennings already met with the #Bucs this morning and left. But there is a photo of him at OBP. #SourcesFail

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TKras with a bad day. @GilArciaTBC: Two people tweeted saying Tim Jennings already met with the #Bucs this morning and left. But there is a photo of him at OBP. #SourcesFail

The other being Josina Anderson. BSPN....doh!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does the guy have anything left? Apparently last year he wasn’t all that great. Why did the Bears cut him if he does have anything left – its not exactly like corners are easy to find? With that said I find it difficult to believe he could be worse than some of our backend guys who aren't exactly young anymore (I'm looking at you LJ).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does the guy have anything left? Apparently last year he wasn't all that great. Why did the Bears cut him if he does have anything left - its not exactly like corners are easy to find? With that said I find it difficult to believe he could be worse than some of our backend guys who aren't exactly young anymore (I'm looking at you LJ).

Thankfully we don't have to worry about him anymore

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, 25 isn’t young anymore. I really feel old right now!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does the guy have anything left? Apparently last year he wasn't all that great. Why did the Bears cut him if he does have anything left - its not exactly like corners are easy to find? With that said I find it difficult to believe he could be worse than some of our backend guys who aren't exactly young anymore (I'm looking at you LJ).

Well we aren’t asking him to be a starter. So as a part-time player in a zone coverage system in which he fits in, I think he can thrive here. And he’s damn for sure better than LJ, Jenkins, and Moore even at his age of 32.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thankfully we don't have to worry about him anymore

I didn't know LJ got cut. I feel bad for the local kid, hopefully he'll catch on somewhere else. At the same time I'm happy he's not with the Bucs anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a weird situation, from him having a visit supposedly leaving but not and still no details on if a deal will get done or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a weird situation, from him having a visit supposedly leaving but not and still no details on if a deal will get done or not.

Can't imagine them inviting Jennings to watch a practice if he could end up in, say... Tennessee.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I had to take a guess he is probably waiting for the Cowboys to give him a call. Orlando Scandrick went down but I doubt they entertain Jennings with a rookie first round CB and Claiborne in the depth chart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From the looks of things he was here, went back to his hotel to nap, and then Lovie called him back to come hang around the guys. Also, Mark tweeted out earlier that Jennings is mulling an offer from us and to expect a decision by the end of the day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he was probably told that wouldnt start and maybe thats why hes thinking about it so much..i dont see him starting over Banks or Verner

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he was probably told that wouldnt start and maybe thats why hes thinking about it so much..i dont see him starting over Banks or Verner

I can. He just has to practice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he still recovering from injury, right?

Please wait…

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.