Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 41 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

Released. Can’t play the TE position to save his life. Insert this past week’s blocking video. It’s weird…

• Pennywise

Participant

What’s weird is your fetish with former Gators .

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Cool. A thread about a 4th string TE that was never on the Bucs.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Maybe now he’ll go do something he’s good at….. broadcasting.

• garfield

Participant

It’s funny you trash former Gators but fail to realize what at abject failure your boy Jameis is as a former #1 overall pick. A 33 former QB who’s never played the position gets cut, real shocker there.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

What’s weird is your fetish with former Gators .

This and him spending his Sundays washing his Alpha Romeo in his Umbros while playing Fleetwood Mac at full blast.

Just a bad look all around.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Bro, Rumors is a legendary album.

Don’t bring them into this trash of a thread

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agreed. Fleetwood is legend.

Bro, Rumors is a legendary album.

Don’t bring them into this trash of a thread

• theknees

Participant

Okay, let’s step outside of this thread a bit and side with Donkey. Fleetwood Mac is trash.

The Clash (which would have worked just as well from a painting a picture perspective)…..now there’s a legendary band.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Rumors is a top 20 album all time.

The Clash are just 80s pop/rock. Few jams, nothing special.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Tebow enjoyed the entire experience. He is still living his best life.

• kenntak

Participant

I love both Fleetwood Mac and the Clash. What does that make me?

The Tebow experiment did not work, but they gave it a shot–nothing wrong with that.

• Runole

Participant

Opinion on this group recorded 2020?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Fleetwood > Clash.

Just like Brady > Jameis.

Now if you said Pantera things would be more level. A new level.

• kenntak

Participant

Lovebites Holy War. Some skillful guitar and bass, exuberance, and it looks like they are having fun. The lyrics are a bit mediocre, and are very hard for me to understand. The singer is not very impressive, and the music becomes a bit monotonous. Just my 2 cents.

• Runole

Participant

Lovebites Holy War. Some skillful guitar and bass, exuberance, and it looks like they are having fun. The lyrics are a bit mediocre, and are very hard for me to understand. The singer is not very impressive, and the music becomes a bit monotonous. Just my 2 cents.

Lyrics are typical for the metal groups of the 70’s-80’s
      Look at the black clouds, It’s going to rain blood
      People live in fear, covered in mud
      Singing oh Gloria to change the prophecy
      We are the metal warriors
      Fighting the darkness for sisters
      There is a thousand, a thousand of evils
      Hush, do not wake up Satan’s devils
      Singing Hallelujah to save our majesty
      Fighting the darkness for brothers
      Shining blade and burning heart
      Into the Gates of Hell we march
      Immortal soul, let there be light
      Into the Eye of Heaven
      Eagles at a holy war
      Fly higher than the sun
      We are one for all and all for one forevermore
      Kingdom of Heaven, never shall we fall
      Reincarnation, wait for your call
      Singing oh, Gloria to change the prophecy
      Fighting the darkness for sisters
      Morning star and dying moon
      Mighty soul, let there be hope
      Into the Eye of Heaven
      Eagles at a holy war
      Fly higher than the sun
      Stand up in the name of the God of heavy metal
      What do we live for? What do we fight for, tonight?
      But the world is beautiful, worth fighting for
      Only have one thing on our mind
      Facing the fate, holy war
      Singing Hallelujah to save our majesty
      Fighting the darkness for brothers
      Shining blade and burning heart
      Immortal soul, let there be light
      Into the Eye of Heaven
      Eagles at a holy war
      Fly higher than the sun
      We are one for all and all for one forevermore
      What do we live for? What do we fight for, tonight?
      But the world is beautiful, worth fighting for
      Only have one thing on our mind
      Facing the fate, holy war

They indeed are hard to understand

Perhaps this will change your mind on the vocalist’s abilities?

lyrics
      Memories I can’t erase still haunting me
      Silently, you stare with cold, empty eyes
      Falling down
      Breaking heart
      A growing addiction
      Just let me go away (just let me go away)
      Just let me go my way (just let me go my way)
      Just let me go, I won’t become a doll you control
      I’m losing sight of me (I’m losing sight of me)
      I’m losing sight of you (I’m losing sight of you)
      I’m losing sanity and I don’t know how I will go on
      Nothing new, pretending to not know the truth
      Rendezvous, without emotion or pride
      I won’t show how weak and sad I am inside
      Even though I know it’s just silly pride
      Empty room
      Endless rain
      The end of a daydream
      You never call my name (you never call my name)
      You never feel the same (you never feel the same)
      You never make me feel like I deserve any love
      I’m waiting for the dawn (I’m waiting for the dawn)
      I’m waiting for the time (I’m waiting for the time)
      I’m waiting for my bleeding heart to heal, so I can go on
      Memories I can’t erase still haunting me
      Silently, you stare with cold, empty eyes
      Falling down
      Breaking heart
      A growing addiction
      Empty room
      Endless rain
      The end of a daydream
      Just let me go away (just let me go away)
      Just let me go my way (just let me go my way)
      Just let me go, I won’t become a doll you control
      I’m losing sight of me (I’m losing sight of me)
      I’m losing sight of you (I’m losing sight of you)
      I’m losing sanity and I don’t know how I will go on
      You never call my name (you never call my name)
      You never feel the same (you never feel the same)
      You never make me feel like I deserve any love
      I’m waiting for the dawn (I’m waiting for the dawn)
      I’m waiting for the time (I’m waiting for the time)
      I’m waiting for my bleeding heart to heal, so I can go on!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lol runole you are obsessed. Nothing wrong with the band but you’re def pimping them out.

• Runole

Participant

Lol runole you are obsessed. Nothing wrong with the band but you’re def pimping them out.

JMO but they are refreshingly different than most all music being produced today.
      Accomplished musician. Unique in the type of music they play (being all women). Their stage presence.
      They hold your attention unless you have a 10 second attention span. Their music is
      very well constructed and many times almost anthem like in its presentation. The dress and the lead singers ballet like moves are captivating and demand your attention. 6 minute songs usually don’t work but they do for this group.

They don’t play horrible “grunge” music! LOL All are classically trained. They play better than Tebow! LOL

• kenntak

Participant

Runole, that second song, vocally, was more impressive. The song reminds me of some old Queensrÿche, a band I like. I think good rock music is a bit harder to find. The general taste for rock seems to be increasing. I saw that a rock band Måneskin, won the Eurvision 2021 song contest. That is refreshing.

If I had to pick only one decade for music it would be the 70’s. Rock, progressive, soul/R&B, folk, disco for some fun, and the beginnings of punk. A lot of people don’t like it, but I am a fan of progressive. Those musicians are often classically trained, and I see that with Lovebites and the virtuoso keyboard playing.

• Runole

Participant

Runole, that second song, vocally, was more impressive. The song reminds me of some old Queensrÿche, a band I like. I think good rock music is a bit harder to find. The general taste for rock seems to be increasing. I saw that a rock band Måneskin, won the Eurvision 2021 song contest. That is refreshing.

If I had to pick only one decade for music it would be the 70’s. Rock, progressive, soul/R&B, folk, disco for some fun, and the beginnings of punk. A lot of people don’t like it, but I am a fan of progressive. Those musicians are often classically trained, and I see that with Lovebites and the virtuoso keyboard playing.

Sadly, the groups bass player has left the group following her fathers death<br />
      from Covid(health care worker) .

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Runole.

• Runole

Participant

agree the 70’s were the peak era of R&R.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I love the transformation of this thread…

And why you gotta rip on grunge?

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden.

You don’t like those 3 bands, then you don’t know good music

• Runole

Participant

I love the transformation of this thread…

And why you gotta rip on grunge?

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden.

You don’t like those 3 bands, then you don’t know good music

Refried beans that was not that good anyway. As one that has experienced the whole R&R era I would say my wisdom and critique of that music is superior to yours tainted by your teenager perspective of one era.
      As expected you took the bait. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Say you’re a boomer without saying you’re a boomer

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

As one that has experienced the whole R&R era I would say my wisdom and critique of that music is superior to yours tainted by your teenager perspective of one era.

So, then it would be safe to say that Fire’s wisdom and critique of the era he mentioned is superior to yours tainted by your “old man yelling at the clouds…and get off my lawn” perspective of said era.

• bucshot420

Participant

Kenntak I agree with you on the progressive music. Have you heard of an artist named Steven Wilson , or one of his many side projects(porcupine tree,blackfields,etc) ? If not I’d strongly recommend him. He works primarily with studio musicians, and all of his shows and albums are mixed and venues tuned for 7.1 surround. Some of his musicians include drummer for dream theater, and B.B kings keyboard player.

• Runole

Participant

Kenntak I agree with you on the progressive music. Have you heard of an artist named Steven Wilson , or one of his many side projects(porcupine tree,blackfields,etc) ? If not I’d strongly recommend him. He works primarily with studio musicians, and all of his shows and albums are mixed and venues tuned for 7.1 surround. Some of his musicians include drummer for dream theater, and B.B kings keyboard player.

Just listened to Ancestral is that a good example?

• Greattimes

Participant

Is RAP music?

• bucshot420

Participant

Nole check out on YouTube the get all you deserve live concert. That is good from start to finish. As for porcupine tree check out the anesthetize album

• bucshot420

Participant

Also Steven Wilson remasters old albums into 7.1. For example he’s remastered five Yes albums, Jethro Tulls aqualung, Black Sabbath volume 4, simple minds,rush,tears for fears and a bunch of others.

• kenntak

Participant

Bucshot420, totally agree with Steven Wilson. I have Porcupine’s Stupid Dream, In Absentia, and Fear of a Blank Planet. As you can probably guess, I also like Yes. I did not realize Steven Wilson was involved in all of those remasters, what a resume! In addition, as strange as it sounds, I like a lot of progressive rock from Italy during the years 1971-1975. For some reason, a number of Italian groups took progressive music and ran with it. It was like a renaissance for that type of music at the time.

Runole, I listened to some Ancestral (hopefully I found the correct group). I would categorize them as metal rather than progressive. Here is part of a definition of progressive music from http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive-rock.asp#definition

Progressive rock (often shortened to prog or prog rock) is a form of rock music that evolved in the late 1960s and early 1970s as part of a “mostly British attempt to elevate rock music to new levels of artistic credibility.” The term “art rock” is often used interchangeably with “progressive rock”, but while there are crossovers between the two genres, they are not identical.

Progressive rock bands pushed “rock’s technical and compositional boundaries” by going beyond the standard rock or popular verse-chorus-based song structures. Additionally, the arrangements often incorporated elements drawn from classical, jazz, and world music. Instrumentals were common, while songs with lyrics were sometimes conceptual, abstract, or based in fantasy. Progressive rock bands sometimes used “concept albums that made unified statements, usually telling an epic story or tackling a grand overarching theme.”

Progressive rock developed from late 1960s psychedelic rock, as part of a wide-ranging tendency in rock music of this era to draw inspiration from ever more diverse influences. The term was applied to the music of bands such as King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine and Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Progressive rock came into most widespread use around the mid-1970s. While progressive rock reached the peak of its popularity in the 1970s and early 1980s, neo-progressive bands have continued playing for faithful audiences in the subsequent decades.

• bucshot420

Participant

I think the ancestral mole was talking about was Steven Wilson’s song by the same name. The thing I love about Steven is that he started out as an audio engineer where his focus was mic placement and mixing. As a fellow audio engineer i appreciate the Hell out of that. Not sure what other types of music you listen to, but he also produced a middle eastern metal band named orphaned land, and also produced opeth’s albums blackwater park,damnation, and deliverance.

• kenntak

Participant

Oops, it figures I messed that up.

• Runole

Participant

Back on topic if Tebow had only taken the path of Taysom Hill he might still
      be in the NFL

• kenntak

Participant

Ironically, Hill going undrafted, as opposed to being a first round pick like Tebow, helped him in the long run. There was nothing to lose picking up Hill.

• Runole

Participant

As one that has experienced the whole R&R era I would say my wisdom and critique of that music is superior to yours tainted by your teenager perspective of one era.

So, then it would be safe to say that Fire’s wisdom and critique of the era he mentioned is superior to yours tainted by your “old man yelling at the clouds…and get off my lawn” perspective of said era.

Someone that is a teenager in the 90’s has more knowledge about R&R than someone that lived the whole era?

Surely you jest! Obvious with again a personal attack. Racist age hater! Oh and I played, recorded, and produced R&R music in the 60’s thru the 90’s. What is you resume’?

• Runole

Participant

Bucshot420, totally agree with Steven Wilson. I have Porcupine’s Stupid Dream, In Absentia, and Fear of a Blank Planet. As you can probably guess, I also like Yes. I did not realize Steven Wilson was involved in all of those remasters, what a resume! In addition, as strange as it sounds, I like a lot of progressive rock from Italy during the years 1971-1975. For some reason, a number of Italian groups took progressive music and ran with it. It was like a renaissance for that type of music at the time.

Runole, I listened to some Ancestral (hopefully I found the correct group). I would categorize them as metal rather than progressive. Here is part of a definition of progressive music from http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive-rock.asp#definition

Progressive rock (often shortened to prog or prog rock) is a form of rock music that evolved in the late 1960s and early 1970s as part of a “mostly British attempt to elevate rock music to new levels of artistic credibility.” The term “art rock” is often used interchangeably with “progressive rock”, but while there are crossovers between the two genres, they are not identical.

Progressive rock bands pushed “rock’s technical and compositional boundaries” by going beyond the standard rock or popular verse-chorus-based song structures. Additionally, the arrangements often incorporated elements drawn from classical, jazz, and world music. Instrumentals were common, while songs with lyrics were sometimes conceptual, abstract, or based in fantasy. Progressive rock bands sometimes used “concept albums that made unified statements, usually telling an epic story or tackling a grand overarching theme.”

Progressive rock developed from late 1960s psychedelic rock, as part of a wide-ranging tendency in rock music of this era to draw inspiration from ever more diverse influences. The term was applied to the music of bands such as King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine and Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Progressive rock came into most widespread use around the mid-1970s. While progressive rock reached the peak of its popularity in the 1970s and early 1980s, neo-progressive bands have continued playing for faithful audiences in the subsequent decades.

agree with your definition.

• bucshot420

Participant

What’s your favorite method to recording nole? I know it’s genre specific but Do you prefer to mic the room and instruments for a “live” organic session ? Or individually track each artist independently ? Normally I’d send this in a private message, but I don’t think that’s an option anymore

• Runole

Participant

What’s your favorite method to recording nole? I know it’s genre specific but Do you prefer to mic the room and instruments for a “live” organic session ? Or individually track each artist independently ? Normally I’d send this in a private message, but I don’t think that’s an option anymore

Don’t know if directed at me but there is a warmness in analog that isn’t present digitally.
      I still believe in over dubbing vocals but today it seems that even in live performances pre recorded tracks are present. That is what impresses me so much about Lovebites. Their sound and video people are amazing! Light show isn’t bad either just enough not to detract and become the show. UGH!

• Runole

Participant

In answer to your question I think I would prefer all done at once if possible. Room being the critical factor along with proper mike placement. I don’t consider myself a recording engineer. So take MO with a grain of salt.

• bucshot420

Participant

I absolutely agree with you about the analog warmth. I love my analog rack. I tend to lean more toward the British pre’s of the 60s-70s. I also appreciate the digital though. There’s something about being able to mix and it sound like you’re sitting in abbey road’ control room. Engineer or not, I always enjoy talking to another audiophile. If recording a jam band or something along those lines I like to do a live recording because it’ll typically never sound the same twice. A nice progressive, or metal band I like independent tracking for isolation, agreed about always overdubbing the vocals.

• Runole

Participant

I absolutely agree with you about the analog warmth. I love my analog rack. I tend to lean more toward the British pre’s of the 60s-70s. I also appreciate the digital though. There’s something about being able to mix and it sound like you’re sitting in abbey road’ control room. Engineer or not, I always enjoy talking to another audiophile. If recording a jam band or something along those lines I like to do a live recording because it’ll typically never sound the same twice. A nice progressive, or metal band I like independent tracking for isolation, agreed about always overdubbing the vocals.

My sound engineer actually recorded much the music on 2 Trident analog boards One was used to record Yellow Brick Road. I believe Trident is still considered the finest analog 24 channel boards ever made.
      Of course I am sure the new technology over the last 20 years or so has changed everything.

• kenntak

Participant

I did a blind sound test a few years ago, and constantly picked out and preferred the tube amps. I suppose it’s personal preference, but they seemed warmer and fuller to me, while the digital amps seemed the opposite. I suppose people who like digital amps would find them to be clearer and more precise. Interesting stuff.

• Runole

Participant

I did a blind sound test a few years ago, and constantly picked out and preferred the tube amps. I suppose it’s personal preference, but they seemed warmer and fuller to me, while the digital amps seemed the opposite. I suppose people who like digital amps would find them to be clearer and more precise. Interesting stuff.

A very close friend of mine PHD in audio engineering worked for Shure Bros. and Electrovoice
      would agree with you on the tube thing.

• bucshot420

Participant

It gives it more presence for sure. It’s funny you mentioned the tridents. I have a couple of s20 pre’s that I always run through for that warm sparkle, then also run it through an la-610 channel strip, finished off with a little gold plate verb through the lexicon. I’ll take the vintage gear any day. I love the Marshall half stacks, and the old vox and fender amps

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.