Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

Glazer03_06_13_1_t.jpgand it was a team-wide meltdown.  literally.......that has to be directed fully and squarely on the coach......and the GM......and if we're being honest here...... the true fault lays in the lap of the one constant here.....since firing gruden....and that is the Glazer boys....post malcolm.... and their inability to select the right staff. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What would it cost to get gruden back ?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

gruden is not the answer.  I merely used his name as a time reference as to how long this has been going on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruden passed up Rogers.  The problem wasnt firing Gruden, it was replacing him with idiots in coaching and player evaluation.  The problem starts at the top. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember a DB coach was better then gruden...... :o  LOL, Glazers are CLUELESS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been trying to ease into that take. The direct approach is nice. Time to shift all the way back to the Culverhouse days and just enjoy the few wins, hopefully at home, we get each year. Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Gruden passed up Rogers.  The problem wasnt firing Gruden, it was replacing him with idiots in coaching and player evaluation.  The problem starts at the top.

this man gets it!

Please wait…

• vlagatta

we have an amazing billionaire hockey owner in this town……we also have a man in town that has multiple rings from his association with the 49ers……also a billionaire…  they are both winners….  I’d love to see the glazers sell the team to either or both parties.remember, the team cannot leave tampa bay for quite some time still....by law....but it can have a new owner.  the glazer boys are not their father........that is one things we have absolutely learned since Malcolm became ill.sadly......and this is just my opinion........I think Malcolm knew his boys were stiffs.......and set them up with an nfl team...knowing no matter how badly they did.....they would still make nearly as much as the best team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sing “Soft Kitty” for me?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazer03_06_13_1_t.jpgand it was a team-wide meltdown.  literally.......that has to be directed fully and squarely on the coach......and the GM......and if we're being honest here...... the true fault lays in the lap of the one constant here.....since firing gruden....and that is the Glazer boys....post malcolm.... and their inability to select the right staff.  I'll be talking more about that this week.

And what about the LOCAL media and their relentless pimping of Winston over the last few months? If you were here around April, surely, you did not miss the daily dose of Winston being dished out here. I don't live in the Tampa area anymore and can tell you that almost every intelligent football fan I met laughed at the Winston pick. Any chance the owners read too much into the FSU bias?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Glazer03_06_13_1_t.jpgand it was a team-wide meltdown.  literally.......that has to be directed fully and squarely on the coach......and the GM......and if we're being honest here...... the true fault lays in the lap of the one constant here.....since firing gruden....and that is the Glazer boys....post malcolm.... and their inability to select the right staff.  I'll be talking more about that this week.

And what about the LOCAL media and their relentless pimping of Winston over the last few months? If you were here around April, surely, you did not miss the daily dose of Winston being dished out here. I don't live in the Tampa area anymore and can tell you that almost every intelligent football fan I met laughed at the Winston pick. Any chance the owners read too much into the FSU bias?

did you post this in the wrong thread?  I don't see any relation to what I'm talking about.this is soooooo much bigger than winston

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would LOVE to see the Glazers sell the Bucs to Jeff Vinik of the TB Lightning. The Glazers are awful. They have screwed the fans left and right, from raising prices to suing the fans for not renewing their season tickets to going on the cheap for several years. Karma is a you know what. Just sucks being tied to it because they are crappy owners.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s plenty of blame to go around. Not sure you remember, but the whole “Fire Gruden” theme had a lot of media support as well. We were told that Gruden could only work with veterans and would never be able to develop a rookie QB. When Raheem was anointed, the comparisons to the Steelers coaching staff and Mike Tomlim was all over the local media. We now know how that turned out.

did you post this in the wrong thread?  I don't see any relation to what I'm talking about.this is soooooo much bigger than winston

Please wait…

• vlagatta

atl……..  approach this like science….there is only one constant left.....since our superbowl run.  everyone else is gone....long gone.  that constant is the glazer sons.  the fish rots from the head down.....they are not the businessmen their father was.  I think the world of Malcolm and always will....the man was a winner.....and a genius businessman and deal maker. 

Please wait…

• vlagatta

ejdtrophies-2013.jpgmaking his home in Tampa Bay, Edward John DeBartolo Jr. (born November 6, 1946 in Youngstown, Ohio) is an American businessman, best known as the former owner of the NFL's San Francisco 49ers.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

AR-130919287.jpgJeff Vinik purchased the Tampa Bay Lightning on March 3, 2010, promising a comprehensive transformation of the franchise and pledging to make a significant positive impact in the Tampa Bay community. Upon acquiring the Lightning, Vinik, now 55, pledged to make the Lightning organization “world-class,” creating a first-rate fan experience while putting together a team of which Tampa Bay sports fans would be proud, on and off the ice.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I’ve been saying this for two years……we need new owners.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SHANDA!!!!!!!!!!! May the shame flow through your rich blood you f@cking f@cks. I am a self loathing jew today. The old man was the only one with any sense. These sons are dumbasses! Lovie looks like he is confused on the sideline. Maybe Gruden will come back because this team has no fire at all!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have no idea how to run a team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PoPZF82FX8

Please wait…

• vlagatta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PoPZF82FX8

in many ways you make a great point.  Seinfeld openly admits that without the edge of Larry David....the show would have never worked.  Larry was the evil bird that sat on Jerry's shoulders and turned white bread ideas into cleverly crafted shows with "uncomfortable" situations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazers made the mistake of hiring lovie, and lovie made the mistake of drafting winston.Pretty obvious who the main problem is.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Never going to happen.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Winston and the team will have better games.  I think the thing that became instantly apparent……is we drafted the wrong guy.  that first whip td pass was pure marino….that said.......until the glazers sell.......we don't have a chance in hell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t be surprised if we wake up one day and find out the Glazers moved them to LA. These guys promise us year after year of a updated stadium, indoor training facility and a competitive football team.  Hey Ed do you want to work a little closer to home?Take a look inside of Ed Glazer's new $21.5M West Coast estatehttp://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/slideshow/2015/07/10/take-a-look-inside-of-ed-glazers-new-21-5m-west.html

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I wouldn't be surprised if we wake up one day and find out the Glazers moved them to LA.

Let's nip this in the bud right now.....the Glazers are prohibited (by an act of law approved by the Hillsborough county govt, the florida Legislature, the TBSA, and the glazers) to move the team ...until 2025)  It was part of an established bond sale that was wrapped up into the "Community Investment tax" which paid not only for the stadium, but also school and road improvements. the agreement is irrevocable and cannot be changed, altered or modified, and it was set up that way on purpose, so the Glazers would have to live up to their end of the bargain of not re-locating the team for 30 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Until the Glazers hire a GM or a VP of personnel or CEO they will continue to hire bad coaches.Take the football decisions out of the Glazer brothers hands. They suck at hiring coaches.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Glazers are the problem.  They ran this team on the cheap while their commercial real estate business went in the toilet and they were cash poor from the Man U deal.They ran the team into the ground and ruined it's foundation.  We are now paying for years of neglect.  The Glazers are garbage owners and I would not piss on any of them if they were on fire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would LOVE to see the Glazers sell the Bucs to Jeff Vinik of the TB Lightning. The Glazers are awful. They have screwed the fans left and right, from raising prices to suing the fans for not renewing their season tickets to going on the cheap for several years. Karma is a you know what. Just sucks being tied to it because they are crappy owners.

Hell for that matter, sell the Rays to Vinik and move them to Tampa and cross promote like hell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vinik knows how to run a professional team. His first move was hiring Steve Yzerman and that brought immediate respect to an organization who had very little besides winning the cup in 2004. So I don't know who he would hire as a GM that would bring that type of respect to an organization that has very little like the Bucs do. But that would be step one. Step two was he transformed the arena to a place that was very fun to watch games (win or lose). He hired Tod Leiweke to help with that. He was great with marketing and getting the town excited for hockey. Which let's he honest in a southern market is tough to do but he had experience in this as he helped with the Seahawks and the Seattle MLS team there become one of the most passionate fanbases in all of sports. They treated the fans really good. And Vinik has given the fans everything they want in a team and an arena. Good food, fun atmosphere, and a good team with high quality talent and character. Step three hire similar goals and visions of the GM. They hired Guy Boucher who had respect and was the big up and coming coach. And then replaced him with Jon Cooper who was also a an up and coming coach. Both were not experienced nhl coaches but were great with players and were known to have great knowledge of the game. So I think Vinik would be a great mind to have behind this team but who could he hire to be the same figures Steve Yzerman and Jon Cooper have become for the Lightning?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

GREAT post…….well thought out

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.