Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• parnelldickinson

Participant

“There is a group of players that are at the top of the draft, that, you don’t want to move back too far cause you can miss out on one of those guys, and if you do move back that far you want to make sure that you have a king’s ransom, for lack of a better term, to move that far,” Robinson said. “I would say that for us to move out of that pick, it’s going to take a substantial amount of picks to do that.”Actual translation. "Everybody knows this isn't the greatest draft class , especially at the top. We already have our qb , so we are not drafting at the most crucial position in football. The defensive lineman and cornerbacks in this draft are not spectacular and not good enough to warrant the top pick. The 2 best players in this draft are a linebacker and safety , and neither position wields as much influence as the defensive line or cornerback positions. No def linemen or cb's are worth the top picks in this draft as everyone knows. No wide receiver is worthy of the top 7 picks and no running back as well. And of these 2 positions both are out of vogue( especially rb )to pick high, unless it is a rare exception that comes along every 10 years at these positions. Basically everybody knows we are stuck with Laremy Tunsil, who looks to be a pretty good offensive lineman, but we would rather desperately take anything to move down and have extra picks since this draft class isn't that great and is not a top heavy draft and we have lots of needs."

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

They should lose that QB and start from scratch.  They will be picking in the top 5 next season as well.

Please wait…

• jggators

Participant

They should lose that QB and start from scratch.  They will be picking in the top 5 next season as well.

agreed, its so obvious mariota doesnt have intangibles to win games, at least not compared to the likes of  jameisjon robinson left a good situation in tampa for a worse qb, i guess he must have wanted to draft mariota over winston lol... well these running qbs dont last much and mariota doesnt have a strong arm either, which a recipe for disaster.. drafting tunsil doesnt improve anything for mariota because his pocket presnece is so terrible haha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looking over several sites – Wow - They really do have a rough roster.Titans needs:Must have:LOT (If only to keep MM upright)FS#1 WRBetter get this yearTERBEveryone else on the oline...Two LBsCBDTWhat that tells me - They'd trade out of one, but a serious player/pick package is going to do it.4 picks, and couple players.    I don't think anyone is going to pull that string...  (San Fran?)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think some of you need to get past your hate for MM.  I was in the Winston camp from the very beginning, but it looks like the Titans got a good guy too if they can keep him upright.There's nothing wrong with both of us getting the "right guy"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think some of you need to get past your hate for MM.  I was in the Winston camp from the very beginning, but it looks like the Titans got a good guy too if they can keep him upright.There's nothing wrong with both of us getting the "right guy"

+1

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

You're wasting your time trying to reach two obvious trolls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is laughable. Trades require DEMAND.Last year with Winston and MM in the draft, there would have been demand. This year? Meh.Toonsy Bosa and the QB Misfits? Nobody is trading up "for a kings random" for that.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

This is laughable. Trades require DEMAND.Last year with Winston and MM in the draft, there would have been demand. This year? Meh.Toonsy Bosa and the QB Misfits? Nobody is trading up "for a kings random" for that.

AgreedThe Titans are stuck at 1. I don't envision any trade ups at the top of the draft this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with hating the enemy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Titans are the enemy now? They’re in a different division and a notch below the factory of sadness on a talent level.Theyre like the litter runt that is so pathetic its adorable.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with hating the enemy.

How are the Titans the Bucs enemy? Are you for real with this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They took the other QB in a hotly contested debate, then they took they guy some around here believe was our draft guru as their GM.  I don’t know about “the enemy”, as long as we are doing better I wish them well. I do get how Buc fans would really not want the Titans to take off and start looking better than the Bucs. I know this isn’t going to please the Mariota fan boys, but this forum isn’t likely to be a place to find well wishes towards the Titans for a while. Unless we start fitting rings. Easy to be classy when you are on top.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and a notch below the factory of sadness on a talent level.Theyre like the litter runt that is so pathetic its adorable.

Yet, they absolutely beat the dogshlt out of us in our home opener.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Trolls??  How about making a call on a guy in college and holding on to that call.  It bothers some on here because they had Mariota's man meat out in front of them at this point last year, praying we weren't going to draft the "rapist" from the hated rival school.  I am just pointing out, as Mariota's career goes forward, how wrong those folks were.  Do the same with JFF and will do the same with Bosa.  If you don't like it.  No biggie.  We all love the Bucs, so ignore and carry on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trolls??  How about making a call on a guy in college and holding on to that call.  It bothers some on here because they had Mariota's man meat out in front of them at this point last year, praying we weren't going to draft the "rapist" from the hated rival school.  I am just pointing out, as Mariota's career goes forward, how wrong those folks were.  Do the same with JFF and will do the same with Bosa.  If you don't like it.  No biggie.  We all love the Bucs, so ignore and carry on.

That's because you consider Mariota bust material when a large majority of rational football fans think otherwise...I preferred Winston not because I thought MM sucked...Mariota will be a star in this league for years to come...

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

That's because you consider Mariota bust material when a large majority of rational football fans think otherwise...I preferred Winston not because I thought MM sucked...Mariota will be a star in this league for years to come...

Ok Havoc. Here's something for you to consider.  Give me one QB in the history of the NFL that was injured twice in their first season that went on to any kind of career.  And I mean, one QB, where the injury sidelined them.It's not going to get easier for him.It's that simple.

Please wait…

• rpratto

Participant

Name one spread option QB that has had success in the NFL?  I can't think of any.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and a notch below the factory of sadness on a talent level.Theyre like the litter runt that is so pathetic its adorable.

Yet, they absolutely beat the dogshlt out of us in our home opener.

Its not like theyre the only team that beat the shit outta lovies defense...Is Balt suddenly our rival? Was Oak a rival when they thrashed Dungys team in 2001? Getting your tail beat does not create instant rivals, otherwise we'd have accumulated 31 rivals over the last 10+ years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota could have played from what I heard, but the new  owners had been watching Titan QBs getting injured for the last 2 years, while the HC did very little to improve that situation. If the HC wasn’t gonna protect their biggest asset, they would. And they did…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok Havoc. Here's something for you to consider.  Give me one QB in the history of the NFL that was injured twice in their first season that went on to any kind of career.  And I mean, one QB, where the injury sidelined them.It's not going to get easier for him.It's that simple.

Troy Aikman?

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Name one spread option QB that has had success in the NFL?  I can't think of any.

Cam Newton and Alex Smith (he's no where near number 1 overall pick material but he's a quality starting QB at least).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^ This!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, there is one team that has the picks available and players that cost $$$ and the need for a QB picking at the very end of the 1st round. Now, if they think that Wentz/Goff is worthy of that #1 is another conversation….I don't know if it would be a Kings Ransom but a few picks and a player or two maybe OT - Ryan Clady who is owed 10M per and the Bronco's are looking to deal him. They can't even have Okung sign his non-guaranteed deal in 2016 until they get under the CAP figure.Denver also currently doesn't have the Cap Space to Draft any players! They have to get under 6.6M in Cap Space pre-Draft to be even able to send a card to the podium every round!2016- 1st (31), 3rd (94), 5th (144), 7th (240) Denver keeps their Comp picks in (3,4,6 and 2-7th's)OT - Ryan Clady 10MWR - Emmanuel Sanders 5MThis would end up with Denver having approx. 4.3M after the NON-Signed contract to Okung under the cap and the approx 4M for their Draft after the trade of picks..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota will not become as good as Jameis. He will bust. I can’t wait when he does. I will never forget all the hate Jameis got and the love Mariota got last offseason. I’m so glad we have Jameis. If we would have drafted Mariota, I wouldn’t remain positive heading forward.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sort of hilarious to see the Titans beg for a trade offer.  Not happening and maybe Tunsil will resent them for it.  Make your pick and shut up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being a spread QB doesn't mean you forgot how to throw...it's up to the organization to put him in a position to win by adjusting their scheme and surrounding him with the right personnel, especially OL...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is every thread still turning into Winston v Mariota ? My translation of Robinson goes like this.Dear Jason, I am sorry but there are only 5 players we are considering at No.1. We would love to trade back with any of the top 5 teams but you have the ninth pick and we would very likely lose out on one of these 5 elite players. If you want to trade up to No.1 it will cost you a King's ransom but if anyone in the top 5 wants to make a deal we are all ears. Drafting an offensive lineman No.1 overall is not the recipe for success.

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.