Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 60 reply threads

• Author

• Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck

Blocked

Do you think that was the vision they had when they drafted Mariota?………to go backwards?  Do you think getting a coach fired, being fragile and fairly meek from a leadership perspective, has the Titans thinking Connor Cook with the first overall pick?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cmon now. You and I both know there is no way they draft Conner Cook. They may not be happy with what their record is this year but they are definitely happy with Mariota and excited about his future.

• Anonymous

Inactive

RG III Part Deux?

• Anonymous

Inactive

RG III Part Deux?

Mariota might not be a rah rah leader, but his teammates don't actively hate him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you think that was the vision they had when they drafted Mariota?.........to go backwards?  Do you think getting a coach fired, being fragile and fairly meek from a leadership perspective, has the Titans thinking Connor Cook with the first overall pick?

They could then trade Mariota to the Eagles to be with his daddy.  :)

• suesweat

Participant

Do you think that was the vision they had when they drafted Mariota?.........to go backwards?  Do you think getting a coach fired, being fragile and fairly meek from a leadership perspective, has the Titans thinking Connor Cook with the first overall pick?

Let's see 2 wins last year and 3 wins this year with 2 games to go and that's backwards? No wonder you are such a Glennon homer 10lbCrotch.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quite aside from the silliness of the idea of the Titans giving up on Mariota after a very nice rookie season (they almost have to draft offensive line to help protect him though, imo), I’d bet a shiny nickel that Cook won’t be the first quarterback off the board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its really interesting that the Titans are the worst team in the league yet they dominated our ‘improving’ Bucs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meh.  That game was a long time ago.  I feel reasonably confident saying the Bucs are legitimately the better team at this point in the season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meh.  That game was a long time ago. I feel reasonably confident saying the Bucs are legitimately the better team at this point in the season.

I would give us the nod tomorrow on a neutral field only because our QB is playing. Glennon vs Mett with the rest of the rosters the same is a toss up that would probably make your eyes bleed to watch.  We are both bad football teams right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meh.  That game was a long time ago.  I feel reasonably confident saying the Bucs are legitimately the better team at this point in the season.

Maybe. The Titans put a flat out ass whipping on us though and at the time it seemed like a mismatch of talent. I am not sure where we improved to stop what they did to us. Our defense got shredded.

• Anonymous

Inactive

OP is obsessed…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meh.  That game was a long time ago. I feel reasonably confident saying the Bucs are legitimately the better team at this point in the season.

I would give us the nod tomorrow on a neutral field only because our QB is playing. Glennon vs Mett with the rest of the rosters the same is a toss up that would probably make your eyes bleed to watch.  We are both bad football teams right now.

I would say we're a bad football team and they're an awful one.  It's sort of a silly, improvable argument on my part, but the wheels have *really* come off of their team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is fine.  Tennessee would be best served by trading down and addressing the OLine (kind of like what they should’ve done last year).

• Anonymous

Inactive

Um.. The browns still have mccown, so anything is a possibility…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its really interesting that the Titans are the worst team in the league yet they dominated our 'improving' Bucs.

lol

• suesweat

Participant

OP is obsessed...

Bassy has always been obsessed with certain QB's whether Glennon or Mariota. The good news is he has no $%^#'en idea what he's talking about so if you take the opposite of what he says you'll have reality most of the time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Um.. The browns still have mccown, so anything is a possibility...

It would be such a Browns thing to do. Bring in the Tank Commander, then fail at tanking.

• dalaca

Participant

Cmon now. You and I both know there is no way they draft Conner Cook. They may not be happy with what their record is this year but they are definitely happy with Mariota and excited about his future.

I agree. Also, from what I've read, Conner Cook has some concerns from scouts. I could see them offering compensation to Philly to get Kelly as HC, though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know, this really seems to be the only thing you care about. Do you even like football and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or is this like the one outlet you have and venting the frustrating mess that is your life?

• farzillo

Participant

OP is obsessed...

OP is secretly a Mariota lover that must have got rejected by him some how. It's the only thing that makes sense.

• Marcia

Participant

You know, this really seems to be the only thing you care about. Do you even like football and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers or is this like the one outlet you have and venting the frustrating mess that is your life?

Ha!  Solid try.  I forget more about the Buccaneers and their history every day than you will ever know.  Just posing a scenario where the Titans are not improving and Mariota now has them selecting #1 overall as opposed to #2, he got a coach fired and he is often injured.  Not the glowing first year report card one would hope for the #2 overall selection.  New coach may want "his guy" as part of even agreeing to being the head coach.

• Marcia

Participant

Its really interesting that the Titans are the worst team in the league yet they dominated our 'improving' Bucs.

Yeah, Mariota has really improved since that game.  Lol.  Tennessee is going to have to make some hard and fast decisions a 11 days from now if they want to compete anytime soon.  Mariota doesn't appear to be the answer.

• Anonymous

Inactive

was this post intended to be taken seriously?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade Marcus to Philly and draft a QB. Chip and Mariota would be a delicious disaster. I would Love to see Mariota bust and Chip fired in Philly. That would be funny and awesome.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not even going into the other stupid things said here, Conner Cook first overall? Lmao, that is hilarious. Guy has never thrown for over 60% in his college career. He isn’t going at the top of the first.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota has had a good year.  He’s just ahead of Winston in Total QBR (61 vs. 60.8 ) and is 27th to Winston’s 20th in DVOA.  He has a 4% higher completion percentage and slighty higher YPA and their TDs and INTs are very similar.Both QBs have had good years.  At this point, neither QB has clearly outplayed the other.  As shocking as it is, Winston has benefitted from a better offence, OC, offensive line, running game, and staff consistency.  Mariota is getting sacked 4th most (some of which is likely his fault), the running game is 29th vs. TB's 12th, and Winston has had better WRs for most of the year.The Titans desperately need talent.  It's nice to have a team doing worse than the Bucs in drafting, head coaching, and playing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If not for Cleveland speedster Travis Benjamin having a career game vs the Titans the week after the Titans decimated our Bucs, that 1st pick would be going to Cleveland… And it still could, but not too likely…

• Marcia

Participant

That’s right.  The week after everyone thought we drafted the wrong QB, some were speculating that we shouldn’t have let Josh McCown go.  Crazy league, filled with panicking Nancies.

• ZMan08151992

Mariota has had a good year.  He's just ahead of Winston in Total QBR (61 vs. 60.8 ) and is 27th to Winston's 20th in DVOA.  He has a 4% higher completion percentage and slighty higher YPA and their TDs and INTs are very similar.Both QBs have had good years.  At this point, neither QB has clearly outplayed the other.  As shocking as it is, Winston has benefitted from a better offence, OC, offensive line, running game, and staff consistency.  Mariota is getting sacked 4th most (some of which is likely his fault), the running game is 29th vs. TB's 12th, and Winston has had better WRs for most of the year.The Titans desperately need talent.  It's nice to have a team doing worse than the Bucs in drafting, head coaching, and playing.

How many of those better receivers did Winston have most of the year? He basically had Mike Evans and a bunch of scrubs...He lost Vjax for some games, Louis Murphy was gone for the year, ASJ was gone for most of the year too ..the only thing Winston had was the run game and that is due to having a good coach who takes the pressure off a young qb.

• Anonymous

Inactive

OP is obsessed...

Most his age obsess over One Direction, so I guess Mariota is a slight step up from that...

• Marcia

Participant

Mariota has had a good year.  He's just ahead of Winston in Total QBR (61 vs. 60.8 ) and is 27th to Winston's 20th in DVOA.  He has a 4% higher completion percentage and slighty higher YPA and their TDs and INTs are very similar.Both QBs have had good years.  At this point, neither QB has clearly outplayed the other.  As shocking as it is, Winston has benefitted from a better offence, OC, offensive line, running game, and staff consistency.  Mariota is getting sacked 4th most (some of which is likely his fault), the running game is 29th vs. TB's 12th, and Winston has had better WRs for most of the year.The Titans desperately need talent.  It's nice to have a team doing worse than the Bucs in drafting, head coaching, and playing.

How many of those better receivers did Winston have most of the year? He basically had Mike Evans and a bunch of scrubs...He lost Vjax for some games, Louis Murphy was gone for the year, ASJ was gone for most of the year too ..the only thing Winston had was the run game and that is due to having a good coach who takes the pressure off a young qb.

This is right.  On paper it would appear that Winston has more talent.  His offense was hampered by injuries.  So a first year QB has one second year receiver, whose quite talented but has a horrible case of the dropsies for some reason.  The rest are cast players that Winston has yet to build chemistry with. Vjax, when healthy, is a game changer but he, like our prized DL, has seem limited time all season.  The reality is, Mariota has had a lot more to work with on a consistent basis then Winston. If you really look at Mariota, he's a good first read QB with great legs, that can't stay on the field long enough to be a difference maker in their win/loss column.  Being unavailable to play is the worst thing a #2 overall QB can offer his new team.  Not reliable.  The Titans brass already canned the coach that wanted Mariota as their bell cow on offense.  Now, in order to attract the right coach, they may need to turn the page on the Mariota era, as the new coach may not be down with a gimmick type QB that can't stay on the field.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we still doing the whole “Must trash Mariota to make Winston look better” thing?

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is right.  On paper it would appear that Winston has more talent.  His offense was hampered by injuries.  So a first year QB has one second year receiver, whose quite talented but has a horrible case of the dropsies for some reason.  The rest are cast players that Winston has yet to build chemistry with. Vjax, when healthy, is a game changer but he, like our prized DL, has seem limited time all season.  The reality is, Mariota has had a lot more to work with on a consistent basis then Winston. If you really look at Mariota, he's a good first read QB with great legs, that can't stay on the field long enough to be a difference maker in their win/loss column.  Being unavailable to play is the worst thing a #2 overall QB can offer his new team.  Not reliable.  The Titans brass already canned the coach that wanted Mariota as their bell cow on offense.  Now, in order to attract the right coach, they may need to turn the page on the Mariota era, as the new coach may not be down with a gimmick type QB that can't stay on the field.

You may be right with your assessment in the last paragraph, but when you put utter nonsense like "The reality is, Mariota has had a lot more to work with on a consistent basis then Winston," before it, people will ignore everything after it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Are we still doing the whole “Must trash Mariota to make Winston look better” thing?”Apparently some of us can't enjoy the development of our own franchise QB without denigrating someone else's....

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Are we still doing the whole "Must trash Mariota to make Winston look better" thing?"Apparently some of us can't enjoy the development of our own franchise QB without denigrating someone else's....

Certainly looks like it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Are we still doing the whole "Must trash Mariota to make Winston look better" thing?"Apparently some of us can't enjoy the development of our own franchise QB without denigrating someone else's....

This pretty much sums it up.

• Marcia

Participant

This pretty much sums it up.

Winston and Mariota are tied together for all time. I am simply pointing out the shortcomings as the years go on. Mariota is a player no less than 50 % of the board wanted at One Buc Place.  It's important that some learn from their desire for gimmick/mediocrity.  Hard to have an impact when you are not on the field.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston and Mariota are tied together for all time.

We all know this. Just odd that as a Bucs fan, you talk more about the QB that we didn't take.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all you were doing was observing and commenting, your statement would ring true.  However, you’ve not missed a single opportunity to bash MM…so your obsession with trying to prove you are ‘right’ about him is borderline pathological.  Nice rationalization though.

• Marcia

Participant

If all you were doing was observing and commenting, your statement would ring true.  However, you've not missed a single opportunity to bash MM...so your obsession with trying to prove you are 'right' about him is borderline pathological.  Nice rationalization though.

Prove that I am right?  Do you know how many times any Buc's fan has been 'right'?  Not very often.  We finally drafted as sure a thing as you can draft.  My Mariota updates are for those that thought he was good choice to be an NFL QB.  Good enough to be chosen ahead of the greatest young QB prospect of all time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we still doing the whole "Must trash Mariota to make Winston look better" thing?

The obsession here is unreal.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all you were doing was observing and commenting, your statement would ring true.  However, you've not missed a single opportunity to bash MM...so your obsession with trying to prove you are 'right' about him is borderline pathological.  Nice rationalization though.

Prove that I am right?  Do you know how many times any Buc's fan has been 'right'?  Not very often.  We finally drafted as sure a thing as you can draft.  My Mariota updates are for those that thought he was good choice to be an NFL QB.  Good enough to be chosen ahead of the greatest young QB prospect of all time.

oh, i get it now. You are trying to "teach a lesson" to those who preferred mariota.thats actually pretty pathetic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we still doing the whole "Must trash Mariota to make Winston look better" thing?

The obsession here is unreal.

Considering the source...it's pretty realistic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unlike the OP I really don’t have much of an opinion on Mariota. That being said there was a ton of crap sent towards Winston before and after he was picked by the Bucs by equally obsessed fans of Mariota.  As this thread proves at least by one poster the Winston hate and Mariota praise is still present.Bottom line the Bucs made the RIGHT pick and I couldn't be happier.  We have a NFL Franchise QB.Mariota?  Still a work in progress and is pretty much operating the Oregon offense for most plays.  He may also be a franchise QB one day that will be decided in the future.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am in mini tank mode now. Drop the last 2 and we can improve on the the #12 slot we are at now. Maybe get down to 8 or so would be good.

• billym

Participant

Trade the titans mccoy and take joey with the number one pick. win/win

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am in mini tank mode now. Drop the last 2 and we can improve on the the #12 slot we are at now. Maybe get down to 8 or so would be good.

ordinarily i'd agree with you but i don't want Jameis to develop that losing mentality that so many of our current players have. 8-8 would be quite the accomplishment and confidence boost, i believe.

• Marcia

Participant

Is Bosa really going to be a good prospect?  He looks to me like a guy that is going to struggle in the pros.

• Anonymous

Inactive

ordinarily i'd agree with you but i don't want Jameis to develop that losing mentality that so many of our current players have. 8-8 would be quite the accomplishment and confidence boost, i believe.

after seeing his “outbursts” last game I wouldn’t worry about that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Bosa really going to be a good prospect?  He looks to me like a guy that is going to struggle in the pros.

He is, but has severe off-field issues. Him and Tampa is not a good mix.

• Anonymous

Inactive

First, I expect us to go DE or CB with our first pick. I and many would be shocked if McCoy got traded. We wouldn’t get much for him, as he’s had extensive injuries, a lot of wear on those tires. If by some miracle we get a decent offer, I’d be all for it, as we’ve not been much different with him on the sideline or on the field.        Titans? Very unlikely, as they are tooled for a 3-4 defense; he’s kinda small. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Titans keep their current D and get an offensive HC, as that would be a quicker rebuild…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First, I expect us to go DE or CB with our first pick...

I agree absolutely with this.  Would love to see Vernon Hargreaves running in our back yard.  A shut down corner would give our D-line that little bit extra to get to the QB, eh?

• Marcia

Participant

I agree absolutely with this.  Would love to see Vernon Hargreaves running in our back yard.  A shut down corner would give our D-line that little bit extra to get to the QB, eh?

What's that kid's name out of Clemson.  If he leaves, he's played better than Ramsey or Heargraves. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's that kid's name out of Clemson.  If he leaves, he's played better than Ramsey or Heargraves. 

Oh please no more Clemson guys.

• Marcia

Participant

While I tend to agree, UF players haven't historically served us well either.

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I tend to agree, UF players haven't historically served us well either.

We'll always have Earnest Graham.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston and Mariota are tied together for all time.

We all know this. Just odd that as a Bucs fan, you talk more about the QB that we didn't take.

At least he didn't change his name this time....What happened UFOJoe ?

• Marcia

Participant

Graham was never given a fair shake here in Tampa.  Never made sense to me. 

• Marcia

Participant

Man, Tennessee really sucks.  That was a no show if I’ve ever seen one.  They need to reset on every level. Wonder who is their next coach?  It’s not Kelly right? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

You may be right with your assessment in the last paragraph, but when you put utter nonsense like "The reality is, Mariota has had a lot more to work with on a consistent basis then Winston," before it, people will ignore everything after it.

It's far too early to tell whether Mariota can stay on the field or not.  (1) It's his first NFL season. (2) He'll bulk up in an NFL program. (3) He was hit A LOT behind a terrible OL.  (4) It could just be a fluke.He's not a gimmick QB.  He may not be successful, but he plays in an NFL offence and makes NFL throws.  As for WRs, who is Mariota throwing to? Evans is instantly the best WR on the TEN offence, never mind Jackson.  And anyways, compare the OL and running game (which is likely more important to a rookie QB).  It's nice to make excuses for Winston and not Mariota, but the reality is that Winston plays on the better offence. Both have looked good for rookies in 2015 and hopefully have successful NFL careers.

Viewing 60 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.