Viewing 89 reply threads

• Author

• bucsandseminoles

Participant

How the hell do so many of you believe this guy can be our savior at QB? Better yet, how the hell do so many of you think him to be a better prospect than Jameis Winston? Any football fan who has a clue knows Jameis is THE man. He will be the Andrew Luck to Mariota’s RG3(minus the great rookie season). Jameis is ready from day one. He has tremendous vision, goes through his progressions very well, and has great mechanics for a college QB. He has never lost a game!!! I joked about trading for Tom Brady, but this is no joke..If we draft Mariota, we go 6-10 next year at best. And we never play in an NFC Championship game, much less a super bowl. I'm not even sure we could win our division with Mariota. This guy is going to be nothing more than a faster Josh McCown. He can't handle pressure, has terrible vision, and doesn't throw well from the pocket not to mention the fumbling issue.. To those who want Mariota, I have to seriously question your football IQ.  Stop basing your beliefs on everything you read on walterfootball.com LOL!If we draft Jameis Winston, he will find maturity thanks in large part to Lovie's calming nature and moreso the guidance of Derrick Brooks who already has Jameis under his wing. We will win championships behind the leadership of Winston. He is the second coming of Brady, with a bigger, stronger frame and more speed. Winston is the only decision to make at number one overall, and when draft day rolls around I guarantee you this, Winston will be taken first overall. Either by the Titans, Bucs, or by way of trade. Whoever gets Winston is going to hit the lottery with a QB who will lead the league for years to come.My prediction: we take Winston #1 overall and enjoy an incredible Super Bowl rivalry with Luck and the Colts from 2016-2021.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How the hell do so many of you believe this guy can be our savior at QB? Better yet, how the hell do so many of you think him to be a better prospect than Jameis Winston? Any football fan who has a clue knows Jameis is THE man. He will be the Andrew Luck to Mariota's RG3(minus the great rookie season). Jameis is ready from day one. He has tremendous vision, goes through his progressions very well, and has great mechanics for a college QB. He has never lost a game!!! I joked about trading for Tom Brady, but this is no joke..If we draft Mariota, we go 6-10 next year at best. And we never play in an NFC Championship game, much less a super bowl. I'm not even sure we could win our division with Mariota. This guy is going to be nothing more than a faster Josh McCown. He can't handle pressure, has terrible vision, and doesn't throw well from the pocket not to mention the fumbling issue.. To those who want Mariota, I have to seriously question your football IQ.  Stop basing your beliefs on everything you read on walterfootball.com LOL!If we draft Jameis Winston, he will find maturity thanks in large part to Lovie's calming nature and moreso the guidance of Derrick Brooks who already has Jameis under his wing. We will win championships behind the leadership of Winston. He is the second coming of Brady, with a bigger, stronger frame and more speed. Winston is the only decision to make at number one overall, and when draft day rolls around I guarantee you this, Winston will be taken first overall. Either by the Titans, Bucs, or by way of trade. Whoever gets Winston is going to hit the lottery with a QB who will lead the league for years to come.My prediction: we take Winston #1 overall and enjoy an incredible Super Bowl rivalry with Luck and the Colts from 2016-2021.

You clearly have your beer goggles on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Terrible post by another biased Noles fan.Mele Kamikimaka Bucs fan. Mariota our savior is born.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the same guy asking about trading our first for Brady?Boy that Seminole fan base is proving themselves to be a smart bunch. You guys should be proud.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I tend to agree with the OP. Mariota and that system, man. It was just so damn fast paced and spread out, and that option QB stuff seems to slowly be eroding away. You want a QB with a big arm, ability to read the field and process and defense, have enough evasive ability to keep them honest and to provide some escapability, and the ability to lead with passion and be accurate. I see those qualities in spades with Crab Rape. His emotional maturity has been beaten to death. He is a football PLAYER though. He can learn maturity by being around calming influences and older men who have responsibilities. Those tui he are hard to find in college. His problem is maturity. I would roll the dice that he wants more than a rookie contract, and will work to preserve his competitiveness. Crab Rape is my choice as well. Mariota is sleek, and fast, but he doesn't have the arm talent that I crave. Again, great prospect. Great athletic ability. Not as powerful an arm, and it's hard to say how accurate he is. He will drop a dime from time to time, but he doesn't throw into windows and that read option is not something I want a QB to run to have success. I think Marcus would be an amazing fit in Philly. Or maybe even Buffalo. They run an fast paced offense (pre-Kyle Orton). I just feel like Mariota's work is like Orko. (He-Man reference....Xmas time!  I remember getting those mike Pittman looking figurines one Christmas, and I broke every one of them by new years...lol...). Either or is fine. But I think most of us know (who are not brain dead yet), that Mariota is going to need an innovative coordinator and a really good QB coach to get him up to speed on working under center, reading a defense, and throwing to spots on three second timing drops). I really like Marcus. But he will need a bit more to succeed in Bucville, and I don't think neither Lovie nor the Glazers will be able to acquire said coach. Lovie is NOT going to want to run that style of uptempo offense. No way man. Merry Christmas dudes.

Please wait…

• install

Participant

There is no doubt Winston is a better QB and more pro ready IMO …The problem is he is a Rapist and a criminal  IMO ..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I sort of agree with you Boid, I really like Marcus, but if we draft him and try to put him in a traditional offense, I don’t see him succeeding. I don’t think he’ll bust, but I’m afraid he’ll turn into a Sam Bradford type of guy, that shows flashes and gets hurt a lot.If the plan is to draft Mariota, I really, really hope Smith tries to find a OC that will put him in an offense where he can succeed (something similar to Seattle's offense). I think the guy is smart enough and dedicated enough to succeed IF he gets into the correct offensive system.Otherwise, I'd rather we roll with Winston. Maturity aside, he's the gamble we have to take if Smith goes with a conventional pocket offense. You have to keep guy's like Jackson around and get him a OC that can keep him in line. I honestly do think either one is going to be more successful than last year's quarterback class. But Smith really needs to get the right OC if he's going with Marcus over Jameis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m very torn on Mariota vs. Winston but I have watched a lot of games if both.  The anti-Mariota crowd who keeps saying he can’t throw from pocket needs to tell me what game of his to watch where he doesn’t.  I have watched 6 games this year and 7 games from last year and now get why some people call him a bigger faster Russell Wilson.  Very smooth doesn’t make mistakes misses some throws but the misses almost always don’t hurt the team in a turnover.  I was all about Winston till I started watching both of their games on Draft Breakdown.  If you think Winston is a perfect prospect with flaws in his game you will lose all validity in my eyes cause you're looking through some Homer goggles.  Winston mechanics are far from perfect especially his footwork at times.  Biggest issue I see with Winston is he thinks his arm is stronger than it is a lot of his interceptions have come from this and the speed of the NFL will only magnify this issue.  This year especially he seems to be missing reads on underneath coverage from LBs and Safties, which has lead to more TO and more drive stalling throws on 3rd down.  I'm not saying Winston isn't a good QB prospect, he certainly is and if he puts the work in should make a good NFL QB.  After seeing Manziel this year admit to needing to work harder, I'm leaning towards the cleaner prospect.  For the record Walter Football's scouting report on Winston written by Charlie Campbell makes Winston sound better than Luck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im not opposed to Winston but FSU fans are something else Im starting to realize.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you get bored over the Holidays checkout this Winston breakdown.  @Cianaf: Waldman and Bloom going through Jameis Winston’s tape http://t.co/Qn7zUynkat via @MattWaldmanIf the link doesn't work on Twitter search @cianaf and Winston. If you have more time  on Twitter you should search @cianaf  Mariota and read thru his timeline on his opinion of him.  He if you remember way back in April called out what a disaster Anthony Collins and Josh McCown would be nailed them both.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im not opposed to Winston but FSU fans are something else Im starting to realize.

Oh yea

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any advantage Winston has from his slightly stronger arm is lost in his piss poor slow release.  Part of the reason he throws so many picks , and will throw even more in the pros.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both these guys are far from Franchise QB’s… Trade with Cleveland! get two mid 1st round picks, Johnny Football and then pick one of these qb’s who drops in the middle of the first to compete next year with Johnny Football!Wooo Gooooo BUCS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Football sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's really all college football diehards. They become supporters of a team and then suddenly lose their minds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both these guys are far from Franchise QB's... Trade with Cleveland! get two mid 1st round picks, Johnny Football and then pick one of these qb's who drops in the middle of the first to compete next year with Johnny Football!Wooo Gooooo BUCS!

there isn’t going to be any mid first  or late first QBs.  After these two go in the top of the draft it could be until the 3rd round until the next QB is selected.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sold on either QB but if I had to choose I would pick Winston as well.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

I got to admit I was torn between the 2, and only because of Winston off the field stuff, but now I clearly prefer Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not an FSU fan at all and I like both QBs. But not torn at all between who I think is better. Winston is flat out the better all around QB prospect when it comes to on the field. He’s a elite of a passer as you’re gonna get coming out if college. I formed my opinion from nothing else outside of the 30 something games of all passing snaps from both guys on draftbreakdown.com and any live games I’ve watched.I'll be really happy with mariota IF we get a OC who runs a tailor made system for him that includes a very strong run game and some read option just like Seattle but that also requires a good oline and possibly a better RB. That's a lot of ifs.I'll be really happy with Winston regardless of any other variables just because he's a fundentally advances passing QB and would give us a guy who's up their with the lucks, Brady's, Bree's, Big Ben, stafford crew.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both these guys are far from Franchise QB's... Trade with Cleveland! get two mid 1st round picks, Johnny Football and then pick one of these qb's who drops in the middle of the first to compete next year with Johnny Football!Wooo Gooooo BUCS!

I thought the OP had the worst post ITT until I came across this one

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To all of you Mariota fans I say: LOL!!!

I lol at you if you think St Lovie will draft Winston and his 'concerns' over a squeaky clean Mariota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I lol at you if you think St Lovie will draft Winston and his 'concerns' over a squeaky clean Mariota.

I agree. Also Mariota does not turn the ball over, which St. Lovie loves. I'd be elated with either.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

I agree. Also Mariota does not turn the ball over, which St. Lovie loves. I'd be elated with either.

Mariota has like 27 fumbles during his career , fumbles are turn overs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL at you for thinking he won't. Lovie wants to win football games first and foremost, and that's all Winston does. Who was the last stud NFL QB to come from the spread in College?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is taking Mariota all day long. Book it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is taking Mariota all day long. Book it.

As long as we lose on Sunday.  Mariota is going #1.

Please wait…

• install

Participant

LOL at you for thinking he won't. Lovie wants to win football games first and foremost, and that's all Winston does. Who was the last stud NFL QB to come from the spread in College?

Nick foles - Arizona Kevin kolb - Houston Cam Newton - auburn Colin kaepernik - Nevada

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is why I'll be rooting for a Bucs win Sunday

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nick foles - Arizona Kevin kolb - Houston Cam Newton - auburn Colin kaepernik - Nevada

Thanks for re-enforcing my point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is why I'll be rooting for a Bucs win Sunday

And then what happens when Jameis comes out in 2 months and says he plans to play baseball (or try to play both)?  Or when we find out that Lovie (and/or Licht) were honest, for the first time, about wanting "high character" and Jameis isn't even on their board @2?Bro we need one of these two quarterbacks.  We need the first pick in the draft to absolutely ensure that is possible.  Let's not get cute right here at the end and wind up #Bucslife.

Please wait…

• builder

Participant

MadBuccaneersFan.gif

Just out of curiosity.  Do you even know who that guy is in your sig?  He used to be a poster here back when the forum was good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MadBuccaneersFan.gif

Just out of curiosity.  Do you even know who that guy is in your sig?  He used to be a poster here back when the forum was good.

Finding out that guy is/was an internet message board poster might be the least surprising thing I've ever learned. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MadBuccaneersFan.gif

who?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MadBuccaneersFan.gif

Yeah , he looks like a reasonable , well-thought out fellow .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota has like 27 fumbles during his career , fumbles are turn overs

Look I'm a diehard FSU fan, so I have little reason to puff up MM. He has only lost 3 fumbles this year and only lost 3 last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you can toss out any stat you want but i stick by my belief that the only way we end up with Winston is if Mariota is injured or gone!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest reason Lovie will take Mariota over Winston? Mariota is a big time Christian. Winston is a heathen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MadBuccaneersFan.gif

Nope but I'll carry on his memory with this sig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Onipa a’ Hate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Onipa a' Hate.

i have no idea what that means.....but since it's almost a certainty that Mariota will don the red & pewter, a google visit may be in order.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie + Mariota = failureLovie is afraid of having a QB that is dynamic. actually having someone who can do things on offense is scary to himLovie + Winston = failureLovie is afraid of a QB that can throw the ball more than hand it off. actually having someone who can do things on offense is scary to him- its a Bucs life..................................sigh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Onipa a’ means “stand firm”. Mariota’s personal message to you , Tampa Bay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dolorous – The problem is not Wisnton’s release – his actual release is fine and quick. Its his windup that tends to get elongated when his trunk is not in-balance and he’s using a longer windup to gain balance. But this comes down to his footwork not being as smooth or in some instances jerky and not getting torch with his hips and core.And, for those who think Lovie will not draft Wisnton - you might want to acknowledge the fact the Lovie only has control over the final-53 man roster. Licht has control over the draft and constructing the 90-man roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And, for those who think Lovie will not draft Wisnton - you might want to acknowledge the fact the Lovie only has control over the final-53 man roster. Licht has control over the draft and constructing the 90-man roster.

I wonder it the, "if we can't agree on a player, we aren't drafting that player" dynamic will still be used this year. Maybe we should be getting ready for Amari Cooper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht has control over the draft and constructing the 90-man roster.

Actually that's wrong. Lovie has final say on personnel. So is a assuming that Lovie is going to identify with Mariota because he is a good Christian and doesn't ever get in trouble. To the contrary, I think Lovie will identify much more with a young black man from Hueytown Alabama than he will with a laid back guy from Hawaii, but that's just me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any advantage Winston has from his slightly stronger arm is lost in his piss poor slow release.  Part of the reason he throws so many picks , and will throw even more in the pros.

It's not Leftwich bad, but it's contributed to those 17 picks this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no doubt Winston is a better QB and more pro ready IMO ...The problem is he is a Rapist and a criminal  IMO ..

Stop calling the guy a rapist. Say you hate him, hate FSU, love Mariota, think he is an idiot, but stop calling him a rapist. Unless he raped you personally, or has been charged with sexual assault, stop calling him a rapist.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I'm skeptical about that too. We fired one of our front office guys for a DUI this year. It's not like he can just fire Winston when he screws up. Plus I can't imagine Lovie at the podium trying to explain Winston's behavior when he does something wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaron Rodgers came from a spread offense at CAL too. He's a pretty good QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I joked about trading for Tom Brady”Good save attempt bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Arguments against Winston: He definitely has made multiple poor decisions while at FSU.  He definitely has thrown WAY too many INT’s for an elite QB.Arguments against Mariota:  He may have trouble adjusting to a pro-style offense.  He may not be fiery enough, despite teammates and coaches repeatedly raving about him.Unless Mariota shows something in workouts or interviews that changes that maybe to a definite, I would pick him.

Please wait…

• install

Participant

There is no doubt Winston is a better QB and more pro ready IMO ...The problem is he is a Rapist and a criminal  IMO ..

Stop calling the guy a rapist. Say you hate him, hate FSU, love Mariota, think he is an idiot, but stop calling him a rapist. Unless he raped you personally, or has been charged with sexual assault, stop calling him a rapist.

I said IMO ... Legally it's okay relax .And Imo he is a rapist and got away with it .So stop telling me what I can say and not say

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said IMO ... Legally it's okay relax .And IMO he is a rapist and got away with it .So stop telling me what I can say and not say

He is the one guy that can tell you that.....on his message board

Please wait…

• install

Participant

I said IMO ... Legally it's okay relax .And IMO he is a rapist and got away with it .So stop telling me what I can say and not say

He is the one guy that can tell you that.....on his message board

Yes I know ... If he doesn't want freedom of speech here just say there isn't freedom of speech here

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft Jameis Winston, he will find maturity thanks in large part to Lovie's calming nature and moreso the guidance of Derrick Brooks who already has Jameis under his wing

Was Derrick driving the getaway car when Jameis stole the crab legs?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Colin - pistol  - not spread at all.Kevin Kolb - Houston - Run and Shoot - basically what is being ran in New England.Nick Foles - He wasn't in Arizona under Rich Rod.  No where near the spread.  Solid effort though.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

you can toss out any stat you want but i stick by my belief that the only way we end up with Winston is if Mariota is injured or gone!!

There is zero chance that Lovie drafts a QB with Mariota's qualities.  None.  It's Winston or we are not drafting a QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes I know ... If he doesn't want freedom of speech here just say there isn't freedom of speech here

Why do people have such a hard time understanding what freedom of speech is?

Please wait…

• install

Participant

Colin - pistol  - not spread at all.Kevin Kolb - Houston - Run and Shoot - basically what is being ran in New England.Nick Foles - He wasn't in Arizona under Rich Rod.  No where near the spread.  Solid effort though.

. foles played for OC Sonny Dykes and he learn from Hal Mummie  ... A passing wide open freak .And you do realize Green Bay , New England and a few others play a version of the spread offense ..

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I think most need a freedom of consequence lesson.  Sure, you are free to say whatever it is you want to say but you also have the freedom to experience the consequences of saying whatever it is you care to say. 

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

. foles played for OC Sonny Dykes and he learn from Hal Mummie  ... A passing wide open freak .And you do realize Green Bay , New England and a few others play a version of the spread offense ..

It's Mouse Davis's run and shoot.  Belichick has never run a read-option play his entire coaching career.  The ability to, in a sloppy pocket, make your reads and find the open guy, will once again, define success in any offense in the NFL.  Winston is better at that than most.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freedom of speech does not encompass libel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think most need a freedom of consequence lesson.  Sure, you are free to say whatever it is you want to say but you also have the freedom to experience the consequences of saying whatever it is you care to say.

lol.....truth!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we cant call him a rapist. Can we call him a thief and a dumb ass ? We cant prove rape , but we can prove these other two.

Please wait…

• install

Participant

So we cant call him a rapist. Can we call him a thief and a dumb ass ? We cant prove rape , but we can prove these other two.

. Great point , I stand corrected .. He is not a rapist it was proven ...

Please wait…

• install

Participant

I have dinner every night with an Ivy League educated lawyer , I should of asked her about that …. Sheesh !

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

you don’t need a ivory league education to know he wasn’t convicted of rape. a high school diploma would be more then enough, try starting with one of those

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When projecting both players at the next level Mariota may be able to recognize and react to NFL coverages just as well, as Winston from the pocket. However it’s much easier to project Winston doing that on Sundays in the future because he’s been doing it on Saturdays for the past two years with far much more regularity.Whereas based on Matiota's system constraints he operates within and it only asking him to read half the field with the majority of his passes going to his first read and if his first read is covered he will typically look to take off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a Dirty Rapist …. “Alledgedly” .Problem solved.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have dinner every night with an Ivy League educated lawyer , I should of asked her about that .... Sheesh !

*should have

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about adding something to the actual discussion rather then continue to troll and flame the forum with childish behavior  just to strike up controversy and in-fighting amongst posters?? At minimum have a stance and pontificate you view points with some level of decorum. 

Please wait…

• install

Participant

you don't need a ivory league education to know he wasn't convicted of rape. a high school diploma would be more then enough, try starting with one of those

.     I will work on it sir ...  You mad ?

Please wait…

• install

Participant

I have dinner every night with an Ivy League educated lawyer , I should of asked her about that .... Sheesh !

*should have

. * Should of

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

*should have

*zing*

Please wait…

• install

Participant

How about adding something to the actual discussion rather then continue to troll and flame the forum with childish behavior  just to strike up controversy and in-fighting amongst posters?? At minimum have a stance and pontificate you view points with some level of decorum.

Is this a general statement or are you referring to somebody specific ? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If a poster is asking about a particular statement, then most likely that statement is a direct reflection of that individuals behavior or posting habits on the forum and more of an inciter and or pot stirrer. While adding nothing of relevance to the topic or discussion at hand and quite possibly more of a follower of others rather than having original thoughts or true insight  centered around any real football acumen. 

Please wait…

• install

Participant

If a poster is asking about a particular statement, then most likely that statement is a direct reflection of that individuals behavior or posting habits on the forum and more of an inciter and or pot stirrer. While adding nothing of relevance to the topic or discussion at hand and quite possibly more of a follower of others rather than having original thoughts or true insight  centered around any real football acumen.

I see I struck a nerve here....  Perhaps  you should read the last paragraph of the message boards rules section ...  Good luck young man .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All you have to do is watch the game tape and it becomes crystal clear who the better QB prospect is. I hate being “that guy” in making the preceding comment but it fits here; People who are ringing the bell for Mariota either just look at stats and highlight reels, or simply have no idea what they are talking about. Jameis is miles ahead of Martiota in terms of moving onto the pro game. To be fair, some of it isn't Maroita's fault because he's asked to do much less than Jameis is but it still puts him at a major disadvantage. Jameis has to adjust line calls, blitz pickups, site reads, take snaps from center, call audibles etc. while Mariota doesn't have the responsibility to do that, 95% of the time it's all done by the coaches, including audibles.Mariota also isn't anywhere near as accurate as Jameis when it comes to making throws in tight windows. Jameis is much more comfortable in the pocket and delivers a better football from the pocket, while Mariota is more skilled throwing on the run and seems to prefer it. Jameis is also much better at going through his reads while Mariota seems like a one read/check down or one read/take off type guy, very similar to most of the hyped spread option QBs that have failed horribly in the NFL recently.I do not believe that Mariota will be a good pick period, but if you are doing to draft the guy he's going to need to sit for a few seasons to learn something Jameis already has been taught in college.If you want to question Jameis due to character concerns, fine...fair game. But on the field it's not a question or doubt that he is the best pro prospect at QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All you have to do is watch the game tape and it becomes crystal clear who the better QB prospect is. I hate being "that guy" in making the preceding comment but it fits here; People who are ringing the bell for Mariota either just look at stats and highlight reels, or simply have no idea what they are talking about. Jameis is miles ahead of Martiota in terms of moving onto the pro game. To be fair, some of it isn't Maroita's fault because he's asked to do much less than Jameis is but it still puts him at a major disadvantage. Jameis has to adjust line calls, blitz pickups, site reads, take snaps from center, call audibles etc. while Mariota doesn't have the responsibility to do that, 95% of the time it's all done by the coaches, including audibles.Mariota also isn't anywhere near as accurate as Jameis when it comes to making throws in tight windows. Jameis is much more comfortable in the pocket and delivers a better football from the pocket, while Mariota is more skilled throwing on the run and seems to prefer it. Jameis is also much better at going through his reads while Mariota seems like a one read/check down or one read/take off type guy, very similar to most of the hyped spread option QBs that have failed horribly in the NFL recently.I do not believe that Mariota will be a good pick period, but if you are going to draft the guy he's going to need to sit for a few seasons to learn something Jameis already has been taught in college.If you want to question Jameis due to character concerns, fine...fair game. But on the field it's not a question or doubt that he is the best pro prospect at QB.

I agree with most of this. Miles ahead?  It seems like it, and that is just the truth. As a Buc fan, I want what is best for the team. Is it the Duck?  Depends. Get a sly coordinator who likes to run what makes Mariota successful, I am all aboard. But with Lovie as the Bucs HC, do you guys honestly believe an old leather helmet like Smith, who has predicated his entire scheme on being tough defensively, will bring a new ager in, then not a chance. A the reason is simple:  time of possession. Leaving His defense out to dry is NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN. That would be akin to Chit Kelly running a power I style offense. Not ever gonna happen peeps. But Jameis is good. He had a bad second half to his SOPHMORE year, and had some miscues on the field, almost like he was pressing to hard (again, a maturity issue to the core), but these things can be fixed. Just remember how good he looked last year, and his he looked that good at times this year. Guy is pretty clutch. He has a good field general persona. Teammates love him. He has a huge arm. Great functional mobility to pair with good size (although he needs to learn to slide, and cover up - he takes some massive hits that are completely unnecessary (see Gruden's QB camp in a few weeks for proof). He has a delivery that alters but he is a dime thrower for the most part. It's like a lot of you forgot how well he can sling it...and I could not care less about the Stealing Seminoles. I would LOVE Marcus. But we need a chip kelly style coach for him to dominate in the NFL. Harbaugh would work well with him. But is that going to happen?  And would Harbaughs oil go well with Ducks water?  I prefer Crab Rape. He was nasty good at times this year, and ridiculous last year. And he actually moves his head on a swivel. Dig it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not argue one bit that Jameis is better in the pocket than Mariota.  This notion that Mariota is a one read and run guy is something I don’t see at all especially in the 2014 games on draft breakdown.  One of the things that’s going to help Mariota in the NFL, unlike RG3, when he does run he is smart about it limits the amount hits he takes by going out of bounds or sliding.I'm serious can anyone tell me a game of his where is just 1 read and run, I would like to see him.  After seeing Freeman fall apart off the field, intangibles matter especially with QBs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have gotten to the point now where I can say I’m ok with either QB.  I just think you need the #1 pick to get your guy and more importantly hire a OC that is perfect for that QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said IMO ... Legally it's okay relax .And Imo he is a rapist and got away with it .So stop telling me what I can say and not say

Stop telling you what to say? Ok, problem solved.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You just gave that troll account a martyr’s death Mark.  The terrorists won tonight.  Heaven forbid we defame someone around here without unimpeachable evidence. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post and I agree, I want what is best for the Bucs long term. I want a team that can finish with winning records and make the playoffs consistently. And while there are high risks, Jameis HAS to be the guy because there are potentially higher rewards. Jameis is incredibly immature but isn't that a symptom of youth.....or is it more than that? How will this kid react when he's thrown millions of dollars and the spotlight is even brighter on him? He has yet to lose a game, how will he handle getting his face kicked in week in and week out in the pros (assuming he's drafted by the Bucs)? How will he handle the gold diggers, the hanger ons, the "friends" off the field? While those things do worry me tremendously, how could we justify picking an inferior QB over of him? We have a rare opportunity to get the #1 pick in the draft, this doesn't come around often. Is it not worth the risk? Every college QB is a risk in some way or another right? And when it comes down to it, a hard question to ponder is: would you rather the questions be about maturity, or football ability?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis is incredibly immature but isn't that a symptom of youth.....or is it more than that? How will this kid react when he's thrown millions of dollars and the spotlight is even brighter on him? He has yet to lose a game, how will he handle getting his face kicked in week in and week out in the pros (assuming he's drafted by the Bucs)? How will he handle the gold diggers, the hanger ons, the "friends" off the field?

How will he handle those people when he's playing in the same state where most of his transgressions happened?  Also, whether he is guilty of rape or not won't matter if another incident happens.  Any incident as a Buc will be blown up, and his past will come under a microscope again.  IMO that does matter when deciding whether to take him #1.  Let's say he is accused of rape by another woman.  In this day and age, how could the Bucs play him even if isn't guilty.  He would likely be immediately placed on the commissioner's exempt list.  Ask Adrian Peterson, Greg Hardy, and Ray Rice how much the court of public opinion has affected their seasons.I also disagree with the notion that Mariota is miles behind Winston.  Nobody knows where Mariota is as a pocket passer.  So far all we know is that he has been asked to operate in a specific system which maximizes his skillset.  He has done that flawlessly.  Just because he hasn't done it doesn't mean he can't excel at it.  Everybody who has met him raves about his football IQ, so why is everyone so sure he can't do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually fear for Winston. He’s going to be coming into the League with more scrutiny than even Manziel did. It’s easy to screw up when everyone is waiting for you to do it.The Ginger Hammer will eagerly be waiting for someone of Winston's magnitude to slip up. Guy is being set up for defeat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This can be a placeholder thread for when Oregon beats Florida State. Those who underestimate Mariota are living that East Coast bias man. Winston is a very good quarterback but Mariota's confidence, leadership and maturity cannot be overlooked here. We are talking about a QB that had 38 TDs and 2 INTs all season, I don't care what system you play, maybe we should play that system! Mariota is a great QB, and is a great NFL prospect. Maybe you think Winston is better, he's hardly significantly better. Winston hasn't been the same QB this year that he was last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post and I agree, I want what is best for the Bucs long term. I want a team that can finish with winning records and make the playoffs consistently. And while there are high risks, Jameis HAS to be the guy because there are potentially higher rewards. Jameis is incredibly immature but isn't that a symptom of youth.....or is it more than that? How will this kid react when he's thrown millions of dollars and the spotlight is even brighter on him? He has yet to lose a game, how will he handle getting his face kicked in week in and week out in the pros (assuming he's drafted by the Bucs)? How will he handle the gold diggers, the hanger ons, the "friends" off the field? While those things do worry me tremendously, how could we justify picking an inferior QB over of him? We have a rare opportunity to get the #1 pick in the draft, this doesn't come around often. Is it not worth the risk? Every college QB is a risk in some way or another right? And when it comes down to it, a hard question to ponder is: would you rather the questions be about maturity, or football ability?

What Johnny Manziel did while at A&M was immature. Jameis Winston is beyond what Manziel was doing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How will he handle the gold diggers, the hanger ons, the "friends" off the field?

you can ask this same question of Mariota or any NFL prospect. all of these guys will be seeing more money than theyve ever has in their lifelike the song says, More money more problemsMariota doesnt seem like a guy to get in trouble with women, friends, etc off the field but that doesnt mean it cant happen. i see a lot of people here banging on Winston for his off field behavior and questioning him and its a legitimate point. you need to also wonder about Mariota. just because hes a standup guy doesnt mean he cant fall either. obviously the odds of him screwing up are lower but it can still happen. the NFL is littered with tons of players that everyone though were nice guys and turned into sh1tbagsjust keep that in mind as well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing Mariota is miles behind Winston in is amount on INT’s.You people who claim the tape tells you Wnston is better clearly arent watching the tape. Winston's tape is mediocre at best this season. Keep imagining what you think you are supposed to see , but the fact is the Emporer has no Clothes.

Please wait…

Viewing 89 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.