Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

How would you feel about Jay Gruden? I feel like he could help fix our offense. He’s an up & coming coach.

Please wait…

• wolfet

Participant

I like him and I think his offense would be well suited for the QB’s we are likely to draft

Please wait…

• Bucs N Beers

Participant

You’re drunk if you think Jay Gruden is coming here. Supposedly Chip Kelly backed out after talking to Jon Gruden. I highly doubt Jay would even consider it.

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

You're drunk if you think Jay Gruden is coming here. Supposedly Chip Kelly backed out after talking to Jon Gruden. I highly doubt Jay would even consider it.

^^^^^^^This.  0% chance he comes here

Please wait…

• CTGuyton

Participant

Head Coach of an NFL team? you’re crazy if you think he says no. Kelly had options. Jay doesn’t.  At least not at the moment.

Please wait…

• dbucfan

Participant

Grudens won’t be coaching in tampa while glazers are owners of the bucs

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

You're drunk if you think Jay Gruden is coming here. Supposedly Chip Kelly backed out after talking to Jon Gruden. I highly doubt Jay would even consider it.

BnB, I must have been living under a rock or something and missed that.  Who broke that story?

Please wait…

• dbucfan

Participant

BnB, I must have been living under a rock or something and missed that.  Who broke that story?

That one might have broken today ;)

Please wait…

• Bucs N Beers

Participant

I don’t recall who it was but I seem to remember hearing it shortly after Kelly backed out. I’ll have to try to do a search for it.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

I’m doing the same. Was just curious if you remembered off the top of your head.

Please wait…

• fanofkit

Participant

Grudens won't be coaching in tampa while glazers are owners of the bucs

Maybe I am crazy, but judging by a few conversations I've had, I have a hunch that Gruden would come back to Tampa.  In fact, I'd say that Jon would be more likely to take a spot here than Jay, and I believe Jon would come to Tampa at least as fast as he would anywhere else. This is of course contingent on a few assurances by ownership. That said, I don't think the Glazers would ever make the offer.

Please wait…

• dbucfan

Participant

I would be stunned if the Glazers were still the owners – but never say never I suppose 

Please wait…

• Hit55Fan

Participant

no one reported anything about gruden talking to chip kelly..just the conspiracy theorists here

Please wait…

• Bucs N Beers

Participant

no one reported anything about gruden talking to chip kelly..just the conspiracy theorists here

That must be it. I know I read it somewhere, it was probably here haha. My apologies. I still think it's a fat chance either Gruden ever coaches here again.

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

Grudens won't be coaching in tampa while glazers are owners of the bucs

glazers made Jon a very rich man.  Jay has yet to make big money.  Pretty silly if true. 

Please wait…

• Naismith

Participant

I remember the Kelly-spoke-to-Gruden reports/rumors but don’t remember if I just saw them here or if there were actual reports.

Head Coach of an NFL team? you're crazy if you think he says no. Kelly had options. Jay doesn't.  At least not at the moment.

It doesn't seem like Jay Gruden agrees with your thinking:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/22/jay-gruden-turns-down-the-colts/"Most coaches would jump at the chance to become an NFL head coach.  Or, at a minimum, to gain experience interviewing for one of the 32 most coveted jobs in all of sports.Not Jay Gruden.Twice this month, the Bengals’ offensive coordinator has rejected an opportunity to be considered for a coaching job.  First it was the Jaguars.  Now, he has spurned an overture from the Colts, according to Charley Casserly of CBS."

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

That was two years ago.  Probably didn’t think he was ready at the time.  Or maybe he just doesn’t want that kind of pressure.

Please wait…

• BucsnNoles

Participant

Jay > Jon

Please wait…

• Naismith

Participant

That was two years ago.  Probably didn't think he was ready at the time.  Or maybe he just doesn't want that kind of pressure.

Yeah, I'm sure he had good reasons. I'm just saying, I think it's unlikely he'd feel pressured to take a head coaching job now that his resume is better when he was comfortable in passing up on opportunities a few years ago.

Please wait…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.