Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member] 26m26 minutes agoQuick post on Bucs' Monday practice no longer being open to fans due to heavy rains throughout Tampa area. With heavy rains continuing and Rays on road, Tropicana Field is available for Bucs practice today if needed, Rays confirm. No decision yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they should have drafted the duck…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they should have drafted the duck...

Lol well played

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Today’s rain and the expected rain tomorrow, the Bucs should just move tomorrows practice to Tropicana for the fans and players alike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could care less about the fans being rained out. I care very much about the Buccaneer players being rained out of practice. This should have been anticipated. It’s not like this team doesn’t need a LOT of practice!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tropicanna field did wonders for Carl Crawford’s, Ben Zobrist’s, B.J. Upton’s knees.  Sounds like a great idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could care less about the fans being rained out. I care very much about the Buccaneer players being rained out of practice. This should have been anticipated. It's not like this team doesn't need a LOT of practice!

Exactly!My next thought would be will we see any increase in reps/time for the remainder of the offseason and preseason to make up for these lost practices? I doubt it.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Tropicanna field did wonders for Carl Crawford's, Ben Zobrist's, B.J. Upton's knees.  Sounds like a great idea.

I don't live in Tampa and have no knowledge of the Trop's field condition. I'm assuming it's turf or just bad on player's knees somehow?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Point taken. But today’s practice hasn’t yet been canceled for the players, only the fans in attendance. For some of us, getting to see the team practice is fun. However, my point is that while the Trop isn't ideal, it's a better surface to practice on than what they probably have a one Buc at the moment. I'd really rather not have someone tear a ACL/MCL because the turf gave away on a cut.And that the fans could watch there as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tropicanna field did wonders for Carl Crawford's, Ben Zobrist's, B.J. Upton's knees.  Sounds like a great idea.

I don't live in Tampa and have no knowledge of the Trop's field condition. I'm assuming it's turf or just bad on player's knees somehow?

Yes and Yes.  They play football on it occasionally, but I don't want to hear complaints if someone tears a knee up on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its turf. most likely over cement though so not kind. i would assume they dont go full contact on it so it shouldnt be too much of an issue.they do play the Under Armor game there as well as a bowlgame although i believe they roll out more turf over it

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.