Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• m_j

Participant

according to schefter, friday vikings, saturday bears

WTF!!!!!

don‘t we have a big playoff game in front of us?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Leftwich as well.

Already interviewed with jags, has one with Chicago this week.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

The hope is that these interviews are an hour long virtual

Also hope is that the preparation/game plan has been set already and that we’ll be ok

The concern is if Bowles gets hired, will he pull a monte kiffin circa 2008 and lose interest

I sure hope not

• JC5100

Participant

Also hope is that the preparation/game plan has been set already and that we’ll be ok

The concern is if Bowles gets hired, will he pull a monte kiffin circa 2008 and lose interest

I sure hope not

That was always a myth. Bucs played their best defensive game of the year AFTER Kiffin announced he was going to Tennessee.

• m_j

Participant

WHAT?????

we had total meltdown in those last four weeks, and it all started with worst defensive game ever in charlotte where panthers ran over us like we were high school team.

• TURBO

Participant

Why is the interviewing allowed when the season isn’t over yet?

That seems ridiculous.

• m_j

Participant

more than ridiculous and it shows us they are more interested in their HC jobs than in repeat

• TCB2W!

Participant

I sure hope not

That was always a myth. Bucs played their best defensive game of the year AFTER Kiffin announced he was going to Tennessee.

The allegations were that Gruden refused to allow Kiffin to announce that he was taking the Tennessee job during the season. So Kiffin refused to participate in normal meetings. So that defense giving up 30 points 3 of 4 games was his best work? Riiiiiiiiight.

• TCB2W!

Participant

more than ridiculous and it shows us they are more interested in their HC jobs than in repeat

Okay, right. Bowles was so not caring about preparing for Philly. Did a horrible job. So did Leftwich. Lost 40-0.

As for why they are allowed to interview, it’s because some teams are interviewing the same people that are not in the playoffs. If they had to wait to interview them until after they were out of the playoffs, they might end up having to “settle” for someone they didn’t like because people they preferred were already hired.

• TURBO

Participant

simple solution, no interviewing for HC jobs until after the super bowl.

quite simple really.

Isn’t that what MLB does?

• Swash

Participant

Teams should not be allowed to interview pro coaches under contract until after the season officially ends.

• Biggs3535

Participant

simple solution, no interviewing for HC jobs until after the super bowl.

quite simple really.

Isn’t that what MLB does?

Teams should not be allowed to interview pro coaches under contract until after the season officially ends.

It’s always been that way, but I believe they changed the rules to where Coordinators can interview via Zoom. Because teams want to hire their new coach right away, Coordinators that were still in the playoffs missed opportunities to interview for job openings.

I don’t have an issue with current coordinators interviewing via Zoom. These guys have free time. They can walk and chew gum at the same time.

nfl.com/news/nfl-teams-can-now-interview-head-coaching-candidates-during-last-two-weeks-of-se

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Okay, right. Bowles was so not caring about preparing for Philly. Did a horrible job. So did Leftwich. Lost 40-0.

As for why they are allowed to interview, it’s because some teams are interviewing the same people that are not in the playoffs. If they had to wait to interview them until after they were out of the playoffs, they might end up having to “settle” for someone they didn’t like because people they preferred were already hired.

no concerns over interviews but you best believe if he gets hired, his mind will wonder and shift focus to the off-season and planning to succeed as head coach

interviews are one thing, actually getting the job is another and could take his focus off the Bucs and onto the Jaguars, Bears, etc.

that being said, can’t imagine Todd Bowles interviews well and has already failed as a head coach before. Selfishly hoping he doesnt get it so we can have a dominate defense

dont really care about Leftwich because we have Brady calling the shot at the line anyway

• Vance

Participant

Here we go , already making up excuses on why we got blown out. Let’s not be like the Cowboys fan base. Please!!!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

This doesn’t sit well with me. These guys should be 100% focused on their current jobs. Interviewing in the middle of a playoff run is bullshit

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Sorry but this is just stupid.. if they don’t take advantage of their opportunities now they might lose they’re only shot at being HCs.. can’t blame them and one would think they’re profesional enough to interview and put together a good game plan for Sunday.. everyday of their lives they wonder if they’re ever gonna get an opportunity of being a HC and you expect them to put that dream aside when it’s at a grasp?? Get real man

• TCB2W!

Participant

no concerns over interviews but you best believe if he gets hired, his mind will wonder and shift focus to the off-season and planning to succeed as head coach

interviews are one thing, actually getting the job is another and could take his focus off the Bucs and onto the Jaguars, Bears, etc.

that being said, can’t imagine Todd Bowles interviews well and has already failed as a head coach before. Selfishly hoping he doesnt get it so we can have a dominate defense

dont really care about Leftwich because we have Brady calling the shot at the line anyway

What is he going to review his roster rather than do his job? When you find a new job, do you just coast through your two weeks and not give a crap about giving any effort? Do you also take the two weeks off before vacation from any effort at work because you are “already in vacation mode”?

• TURBO

Participant

Sorry but this is just stupid.. if they don’t take advantage of their opportunities now they might lose they’re only shot at being HCs.. can’t blame them and one would think they’re profesional enough to interview and put together a good game plan for Sunday.. everyday of their lives they wonder if they’re ever gonna get an opportunity of being a HC and you expect them to put that dream aside when it’s at a grasp?? Get real man

Which is why there should be no contact allowed with any perspective head coach candidates until the super bowl has been played.

It’s asinine to do it any other way.

• BChaves8

Participant

If it makes you feel any better…there are Rams coaches that are interviewing this week as well. Unfortunately part of the game.

Would be nice if the NFL would mandate no interviews until after the SB. Its a disadvantage to the teams/coaches that are in the playoffs anway.

• TCB2W!

Participant

If it makes you feel any better…there are Rams coaches that are interviewing this week as well. Unfortunately part of the game.

Would be nice if the NFL would mandate no interviews until after the SB. Its a disadvantage to the teams/coaches that are in the playoffs anway.

Coaches need approval from their teams to interview. If the Bucs didn’t want them to interview, they would block them.

• BChaves8

Participant

Coaches need approval from their teams to interview. If the Bucs didn’t want them to interview, they would block them.

I feel like if the team did block them from interviewing, there would be some real backlash.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I feel like if the team did block them from interviewing, there would be some real backlash.

lol could you imagine the media backlash, particularly with these head coaching candidates being African American.

Good lord, Bucs ownership would be run out of the league/forced to step down.

In the end, it would take a special type of organization to prevent somebody from getting a better head coaching opportunity

• Pennywise

Participant

Bowles isn’t going anywhere

• TURBO

Participant

wanna bet?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Shaq Barrett said it best in an interview yesterday, “want him to get a job but want him to stay here too”

basically Bowles has done a remarkable job but he has also been a head coach of a sub par team previously so it’s a matter of would a team rather give a new guy like Leftwich a chance instead of a failure previously

that being said, Bill B was coaching the Browns prior to Patriots so there is always second chances

selfishly i hope Bowles stays but i am not as concerned with Leftwich.

• SunnyD

Participant

If they both leave Bucs have four 3rd round picks coming their way.

Bowles wood be missed. Byron…I’m not sure the offense would even miss a beat.

• mjs020294

Participant

I don’t think Leftwich would be missed at all. Four draft picks could go some way to compensating for the loss IF we draft well.

• Pennywise

Participant

Looking like they both might be back , I would give Lefty the better chance of leaving , I think jags could hire him .

• Trask Force

Participant

I don’t think Leftwich would be missed at all. Four draft picks could go some way to compensating for the loss IF we draft well.

Offensively – If you lose Leftwich, Arians will still be here, but he could be gone a year later. But in regards to the next draft you would still be drafting players for the same system and hope they can transition to any new coach in the future. And IMO offensive coaches can adapt to the players somewhat. #1 you need a good QB and a good O-line. But if its Matt Stafford or Kyler Murray, as an OC its your job to tailor your offense to the players. You can’t just go to the Player Store and order new players.

Defensively – Its more important to have every player fit the mold of exactly what the coach wants. It’s harder to fit your scheme to the players. Sure a new DC will make do with what he has, but only out of necessity. Sure some players can adapt and some players are under contract, but over time he will go through the process of jettisoning the old and bringing in the new to fit his scheme.

So the takeaway from that in regards to the offseason draft and FA is that if we lose Bowles we will be spending a lot of that draft capital and FA money bringing in new players to fit the needs of the new DC. But if we lose Leftwich we will still have Arians’ offense. We will still need new players to replace departed players, but not to the same extent.

Therefore, losing Bowles would create more upheaval than losing Leftwich. Even if we lost Arians, Leftwich, Brady and Gronk it’s still true! You still have the offensive line and Mike Evans. You have to bring in new pieces, but a new coach will be able to work with that line. So IMO even if you rated their coaching skills evenly, I think you let Leftwich go and keep Bowles as HC or HC in waiting.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

wanna bet?

No one here ever has the balls to bet lol.

They have such strong opinions. Til they have someting to lose. They fold up like cheap lawn chairs.

• Pennywise

Participant

bet on the internet with someone you don’t know , takes balls ?<br />
      Lol

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

bet on the internet with someone you don’t know , takes balls ?<br />
      Lol

I mean theres plenty of secure ways to securely bet.

I aint fraid of no ghosts!(or losing bets)

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.