Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

• theknees

Participant

Sounds like Kyle is not ready. Weird…

• GameTime

Participant

Sounds like Kyle is not ready. Weird…

Or it sounds like Brady is on board with the pick.

• BucWonder

Participant

This is good news. Brady is a class act. Trask was a great pick.
      Go Bucs!

• Roy

Participant

knees is at it again. What’s your spin this time, knees? Well, I’m sure we’ll find out when you post fifty times. Then after you’ve totally beaten us over the head with your point, you’ll post 1500 more times just to completely pulverize us into dust.

Anyway, Brady is a class act. I don’t remember hearing about Aaron Rodgers inviting Jordan Love for a throwdown.

• Natural Selection

Participant

That is awesome to hear. This Tom Brady guy is pretty damn amazing. I still can’t believe how lucky we are to have him.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

So much for the Naysayers screaming that Brady wouldn’t mentor Trask. That argument just got tossed.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Crown us.

Brady dgaf about his back ups.

Never has, never will.

Don’t blame him one bit.

He has his own goals to accomplish.

lmao @ brady the mentor. More PR then anything. By the time Trask starts or plays Brady will be retired. Come throw with me! Omg hes a mentor!

I could see brady helping griffin or gabbert more, since theres a chance they play.

• BucWonder

Participant

Are you a mind reader? How do you know what Brady cares about?

• BChaves8

Participant

Brady today will mentor a young rookie…3 years ago maybe not so much.

Tom knows that he has 1-2 years left.

• BucsSavant

Participant

So much for the Naysayers screaming that Brady wouldn’t mentor Trask. That argument just got tossed.

At this point, Trask poses him zero threat and he knows it. Definitely not a jimmy G situation. No reason not to do right by the kid.

• Roy

Participant

Crown us.

Brady dgaf about his back ups.

Never has, never will.

Don’t blame him one bit.

He has his own goals to accomplish.

lmao @ brady the mentor. More PR then anything. By the time Trask starts or plays Brady will be retired. Come throw with me! Omg hes a mentor!

I could see brady helping griffin or gabbert more, since theres a chance they play.

Yeah its PR, but that counts for something. Brady is not going to take Trask under his wing and tutor him from 5 to 7 on Tuesday and Thursday. But he is making a statement that he is supportive of a new QB on the team.

We have Clyde Christiansen, QB coach, who is getting paid to coach QBs and I don’t think Tom Brady needs a lot of coaching. Maybe he can spend some time with Trask. And we have an ex-QB as OC. We have Gabbert and Griffin with a lot more time on their hands, because they aren’t in charge of winning games right now. What is Brady going to do that all those guys can’t do? Not much. But welcoming the new guy in and throwing the ball around with him is a good way to get things started.

• Lawdy

Participant

so it begins

• Schwifty9

Participant

Brady is the ultimate team guy, it’s not surprising to me at all that he is embracing Kyle Trask like he would any team mate.

I still think it was stupid to take a guy with so little upside to sit on the bench for 2-3 years when you’re in a Super Bowl window of the same length…

I believe in our coaching staff and their ability to develop players. And we probably have the greatest incubator for a young QB in the entire league, that’s why it makes so much more sense to me that if you’re going to take QB at all, why not take the guy with with the better arm, quicker release, and higher upside?

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

At this point, Trask poses him zero threat and he knows it. Definitely not a jimmy G situation. No reason not to do right by the kid.

Brady never had an issue with Jimmy G. What pissed TB12 off was the way Belichick handled the situation. Bill had made the decision it was time to move on from Brady and felt Jimmy G was the heir apparent. Brady still had clout within the organization at that point with Kraft. That whole situation in NE was the beginning of the end for TB12 with the Patriots.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Are you a mind reader? How do you know what Brady cares about?

Exactly right. Im a mind reader.

I’m a lifelong u of m fan. As well as bucs. Also big HS football fan. Have followed him longer then some here have been alive.

I’m thrilled he cares more about himself & winning then mentoring. Name me 1 back up he has helped develop, mentor, bring along, in his 25+ years of playing football. Ill wait. Again anything public he does. Oh he reached out to trask! Oh he invited him to throw! More pr, being a team guy, etc. I promise you he doesnt give 2 shits about trask, & again one of my favorite traits of his. Do you. Team first. Trask is an afterthought & will in no way shape or form EVER see the field while brady is a member of this organization. As a player anyway. Even if brady got hurt would be gabbert or Griffin.

Any of them been relevant? Jimmy G? Sort of? Lol..

Actions speak louder than words. Contunue to do what you do, thomas. You’re 43. Don’t change who you are now good sir! You’re the GOAT for a reason!

• BucWonder

Participant

Brady’s actions say otherwise, that he does care. I’ll take that over someone’s imagined mind reading.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Brady never had an issue with Jimmy G. What pissed TB12 off was the way Belichick handled the situation. Bill had made the decision it was time to move on from Brady and felt Jimmy G was the heir apparent. Brady still had clout within the organization at that point with Kraft. That whole situation in NE was the beginning of the end for TB12 with the Patriots.

Indeed. Point being that situation will never happen here. Before anyone thinks it’s time for Trask to take over, if they ever do, Brady will be long finished on his own accord. He’s going to get the chance here to roll until the wheels fall off here, and he knows it

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I feel the same way. And at that point Brady as a game manager is still lethal.

Build the trenches!

• obuc

Participant

The word is Brady was crossing his fingers that Trask would come and give him a few pointers . . .

• Donkey

Participant

Brady never had a problem mentoring Jimmy G. He just didn’t want to be replaced by him and basically went to Kraft and demanded he trade him when it became obvious that that was Belichick’s plan.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Brady never had a problem mentoring Jimmy G. He just didn’t want to be replaced by him and basically went to Kraft and demanded he trade him when it became obvious that that was Belichick’s plan.

And do you ever see Brady going to the glazers and demanding that trask is moved??

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

And do you ever see Brady going to the glazers and demanding that trask is moved??

I’m sure Brady knows he doesn’t have much time left in this league and is more open to helping groom his own replacement.

• Runole

Participant

Brady’s actions say otherwise, that he does care. I’ll take that over someone’s imagined mind reading.

<br />
      Well, hopefully you one day you will be a mind reader and will come up with the same cynicism.
      On second thought be thankful you don’t believe his miserable narrative.
      “Death to all positive and optimistic thinkers” lol

• BucWonder

Participant

Funny. I hope to never engage in pretend mind reading, or wallow in negativity. Mind reading is classic loserthink.
        Go Bucs!

• RudeGuy

Participant

It has already been reported that Brady was advised prior to the draft that the Bucs might take a QB early. He was just fine with the plan. Class act by the Bucs to discuss it with him. He has earned that respect.

Brady will be mentoring Trask in more of a shadowing role. Trask will learn from him on how he conducts himself preparing for camps, preseason games, regular season games,film study, and health care/personal training. If I were Trask this is what I would focus on with as much picking of the brain as possible. The man is the GOAT for a reason so Trask needs to be a human sponge around him.

• adkindo

Participant

story would be classic if Trask responded with “nah, I am good”.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

<br />
      Well, hopefully you one day you will be a mind reader and will come up with the same cynicism.
      On second thought be thankful you don’t believe his miserable narrative.
      “Death to all positive and optimistic thinkers” lol

au contraire my friend!

How can one not be positive?! Just won the sb, nailed the last 2 drafts.

Hopefully 3! Just hate the trask selection. Hope im wrong!

• Donkey

Participant

No because it’s understood by everyone that he is the starter until he retires, which realistically is only 1-2 years.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

No clue why we needed to use a 2nd rounder on a guy to carry Brady off next years Super Bowl boat parade, I’m not sure he’s got the arm strength for it from what I hear anyways.

• Donkey

Participant

Why would he?

No because it’s understood by everyone that he is the starter until he retires, which realistically is only 1-2 years.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Nice gesture by Brady. The comments are so bizarre. One thing for certain is Brady has zero reason to try to create “good PR” as some have postulated here.

He’s the greatest of all time coming off a SB win. What the actual brain damage are some of you smoking?

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Nice gesture by Brady. The comments are so bizarre. One thing for certain is Brady has zero reason to try to create “good PR” as some have postulated here.

He’s the greatest of all time coming off a SB win. What the actual brain damage are some of you smoking?

We are thiking a 2nd round draft pick for a #4 qb in a win now mode is idiotic? Welcome to the party.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.