Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• GameTime

Participant

What’s the lowdown on this guy? Poor hands? Work ethic? Intelligence? Hes got the height and got the speed, but is somewhat oddly lacking in the vert and broad. Any hurricane fans in here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is a nice write-up about him.  At times he looked like a 1st rounder.  Had high hopes for the guy when he came out.  Strengths WeaknessesSTRENGTHS: Streeter has great length which he uses to catch in traffic. He can high point the ball over defenders or reach where they cannot get to. He can break routes back quickly and flows well on crossing routes. Streeter shines on vertical routes, eating up cushion with long strides and getting downfield before DBs can turn their hips. His two best routes are down the seam and endzone fades, where Streeter can out jump defenders. His vertical is impressive and Streeter seems most comfortable plucking catches after leaving his feet. He has a great combination of size, athleticism and body control. In traffic, Streeter focuses more on making the catch than worrying about the hit he might take. Street flashes surprising shiftiness off the line and after the catch. His length helps when blocking on the edge as well. WEAKNESSES: Streeter can have trouble getting off the line, choosing not to use his length but instead absorbing contact or trying to run around it. His route tree is very limited, focusing on vertical routes or sitting in soft sections in the middle of the field. He lacks the foot quickness to create separation with explosion and could be more physical with his frame. For a receiver with a nice vertical that likes to leave his feet, Streeter catches quite a few passes with his body. He has yet to get the maximum potential out of his natural athletic ability, slowing down on crossing or outside routes rather than running full speed at all times. Streeter is still very raw with his routes, failing to get low when cutting and instead gliding to the catch point. Streeter only has one real season of production. NFL Comparison: Drew Carter, Raiders Player OverviewOut of high school, Streeter was also offered scholarships by Oregon and South Carolina but chose to stay close to home. Still, Streeter did not see consistent playing time until this season and turned in solid production with 46 receptions for 811 yards. He may fit in that "one year wonder" category but Streeter is a big body with obvious natural talent. Streeter is quite raw and is currently winning off natural ability. He usually wins contested catches and has deceptive downfield speed during his routes and after the catch. However, Streeter has been quite limited in creating separation and the routes that he succeeds with. He may not look like the typical slot receiver, but that is where Streeter is most successful. When facing off coverage or after moving in motion, Streeter can certainly win down the seam or in soft zones on intermediate routes. He is an instant red-zone target that can begin his career as an NFL team's fourth wide receiver and developmental project.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a big fan of the Canes, but hard to judge the talent at WR when their QB play has been what it has.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

but that dropped him to the 6th round? In the college highlights the guy is always wide open, sometimes settling in a zone, but often times deep. 6-5 and he runs like that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, bit of an anomaly in my mind.Slightly built (reminds me of a taller Underwood) but could definitely be someone to watch with some pro coaching and training regime IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, bit of an anomaly in my mind.Slightly built (reminds me of a taller Underwood) but could definitely be someone to watch with some pro coaching and training regime IMO.

Steeter-Tron is what we hope he becomes, but he does need a lot  more bulk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

based on the Fab 5, we have some speed on the offense and specifically at receiver.  VJ is the slowest guy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

but that dropped him to the 6th round? In the college highlights the guy is always wide open, sometimes settling in a zone, but often times deep. 6-5 and he runs like that?

That's why the call them highlights.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know its still early, but everything I’m reading says he is holding his own.  I hope he sticks and becomes the eventual replacement for VJax.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Very few players get overlooked in evaluations anymore.  Too much access to character, work ethic and film tape.If someone slips into the late rounds usually there is a reason. Obviously there have been late round gems but if Brady is the only name top of mind when this discussion comes up, it's truly an aberration, that was like 14 years ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know its still early, but everything I'm reading says he is holding his own.  I hope he sticks and becomes the eventual replacement for VJax.

[img width=533 height=400]http://j.mp/thisIsJustHereToAnnoyYouByHavingYouWasteYourTimeReadingThis[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First off, that was funny, Lord Jenkins, and well timed.Second, I think it was Cook (could be wrong) in one of his camp summations stated that he probably wouldn't make the team but thought he would be picked up by another team.  IF he keeps going as he seems to doing from what is being told us, he is playing strong.  This may be a case of scouts not messing up anything but a player turning it on.  Question is whether he will keep it going.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been very impressed with Streeter so far. I liked him coming out of Miami a few years back. He’s a physical specimen with a great combination of height/weight/speed. You would think a guy like that would be more impressive in shorts during OTAs and mini-camps, but he’s actually elevated his play in training camps with the pads on. He’s been strong over the middle and in the redzone. He’s been getting more and more reps with the second-team offense. The negative parts of his game are correctable He doesn’t possess elite quickness but he does get open on short and intermediate routes.  His feet can also be a bit choppy coming and in an out of his breaks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds likes he’s got superior physical skills for the position. How he responds to Hayes-Stoker’s coaching will determine whether he sticks, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The day we brought him in I first thought that maybe he would develop into what we all hoped Maurice Stovall could provide us… It certainly sounds like Streeters potential and ability is on notice and I hope he sticks as the 5th WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was on a poorly coached Canes team. Streeter never really reached his full potential just like a lot of good Miami players before him. I don’t know weather or not Tampa can get him to play up to his potential but if he’s healthy I like his chances. The size/speed ratio is intriguing which isn’t teachable. I want him to stick with Herron, Evans, and Jackson for sure. Murphy makes it as the 5th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Herron, among others, need to catch better…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VJax, Evans, Murphy, Herron, Owusu, Page……Page is going to make it for PR duties alone, Owusu seems to be having a strong camp, Murphy to me is a lock, and Herron makes it because he is a rookie drafted by L&L.I like Streeter.....but can we afford to keep 7?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Herron, among others, need to catch better...

+ 100But, Streeter is definitely intriguing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That 6th Wide out is going to be one of the most difficult decisions…Herron may end up on the PS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely a position to watch when the preseason games start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raising Canes: Streeter’s Storyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GIotkD8u4

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Streeter makes the team, we will have the tallest wide out corps in the league.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

If Streeter makes the team, we will have the tallest wide out corps in the history of the league.

FIFY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Streeter coming out of college a lot, freak size speed combo coming off a good year at Miami there wasn’t much not to like, well besides the one year wonder concern.  Hoping he is just a late bloomer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been dissapointed by what I’ve read about Herron and all the drops. I think he can be a playmaker and a good slot WR if he can get some stick’um.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The last wr spots will be decided in the preseason games , not these early practices.Herron still has the inside track because of his explosiveness and ability to play special teams. Some good preseason preformances and he will win a job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs’ Tommy Streeter turning heads  http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/5355/bucs-tommy-streeter-turning-headsLooks like ESPN is jumping on the Touchdown Tommy hype. Can't wait to see him in preseason, hope he keeps it up!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching Herron continue to drop passes and kicks I have to wonder if he makes the team in any capacity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Herron is going to make team. No way he lasts an hour on the PS either. He just needs for coaching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Herron keeps dropping the ball like he has been he won’t make the final cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I had to guess, I’d say Jackson-Evans-Murphy-Streeter-Herron-Page make the team.

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.