Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• JasonOfthetower

Participant

The hype. The over estimation. The bullspit. Tomorrow night, we start to see what we really have.Is Jameis the real deal?Is the offensive line able to block Urkle?Can we get a rush?Will Bruce Carter be any kind of upgrade over Mason Foster?Can the defense stop anyone?Are we finally getting rid of Michael Koenen?No, not all the answers we be given to us Saturday night...but we'll finally start climbing up BS mountain and see what's on the other side.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Tomorrow it all HEATS up. It won’t end until a few games into the regular season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The hype. The over estimation. The bullspit. Tomorrow night, we start to see what we really have.Is Jameis the real deal?

Imagine if Jameis goes out and throws a pick on his first drive, or if he drives down the field and scores effortlessly.Tomorrow will peak for either side of the debate, depending on his performance. This board loves drama, so many overreactions will he had tomorrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The hype. The over estimation. The bullspit. Tomorrow night, we start to see what we really have.Is Jameis the real deal?

Imagine if Jameis goes out and throws a pick on his first drive, or if he drives down the field and scores effortlessly.Tomorrow will peak for either side of the debate, depending on his performance. This board loves drama, so many overreactions will he had tomorrow.

Over reactions will be the norm...if Jaboo throws picks, he is a terrible bust; if the throws TD's, he is bound for the Hall of Fame.It might be wise to just skip this forum until around Monday at noon...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The hype. The over estimation. The bullspit. Tomorrow night, we start to see what we really have.Is Jameis the real deal?Is the offensive line able to block Urkle?Can we get a rush?Will Bruce Carter be any kind of upgrade over Mason Foster?Can the defense stop anyone?Are we finally getting rid of Michael Koenen?No, not all the answers we be given to us Saturday night...but we'll finally start climbing up BS mountain and see what's on the other side.

History tells us the exact opposite is true.  Up until this point, everyone is in wait-and-see mode because all we hear is "stories" about how the players "practice".  Tomorrow is game time.  Everyone will be able to see what the practice reveals.  Tomorrow, well, Sunday really... it all "starts", not "ends". 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It starts tomorrow. The offseason hope trafficking may end tomorrow but thats about it.I don't know if you can take much from whatever happens tomorrow night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not going to be able to judge much from the first pre-season game...Teams pull their starters early...more time spent evaluating guys for roster spots...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Between here and the Bucs sub Reddit, it should be an interesting weekend.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

with all due respect……we won’t see what we have in Winston or any other player until the season is over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It starts tomorrow. The offseason hope trafficking may end tomorrow but thats about it.I don't know if you can take much from whatever happens tomorrow night.

i dont think you can read into anything in preseason. maybe the first half of game 3

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking about sieging this day but I think instead, I’ll siege tomorrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I think we all knew the offensive line was in deep crap after a quarter against Jacksonville last year.What I'm really refering to "ending" is the hype. As they say, the eye in the sky doesn't lie. All the talking is done and now they have to prove it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I think we all knew the offensive line was in deep crap after a quarter against Jacksonville last year.What I'm really refering to "ending" is the hype. As they say, the eye in the sky doesn't lie. All the talking is done and now they have to prove it.

Thats what I mean when I say the end of the offseason hope trafficking. So I think we agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been saying this since the start of training camp. I bought the hype last year and then saw it all slip away last preseason. When the season opened up and that last lie ‘We are holding back until the regular season to really show our offense’ was exposed for the BS it was, I vowed that I was fooled for the very last time.Now, I'm encouraged, but I'm still very skeptical about how good this team is. Tomorrow, I'll be watching very closely, not just the 1's, but the 2's and 3's. Last season, there was a huge drop off from the 1's to the 2's which meant that the depth was shit. This year, I want to see our 2's out play the other team's 2's and our 3's outplay the other team's 3's.THEN, maybe, I'll buy some hype.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking about sieging this day but I think instead, I'll siege tomorrow.

Probably for the best

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will be Winston’s first NFL game. People need to keep a calm head no matter how he plays. This one game will not define a season or career. Just relax and enjoy the game for what it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will be Winston's first NFL game. People need to keep a calm head no matter how he plays. This one game will not define a season or career. Just relax and enjoy the game for what it is.

interesting!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tomorrow… Jameis throws a few INTs and everyone starts wondering if we should have drafted Mariota.Either that or he gets sacked and rushed every snap and we realize OL should have been a priority.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will be Winston's first NFL game. People need to keep a calm head no matter how he plays. This one game will not define a season or career. Just relax and enjoy the game for what it is.

interesting!!

Very.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either that or he gets sacked and rushed every snap and we realize OL should have been a priority.

what exactly did you expect them to do? draft 5 lineman?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either that or he gets sacked and rushed every snap and we realize OL should have been a priority.

They did the right thing, snagged the potential franchise QB, then the linemen. Now if its not looking so good after a preseason game or two, they could always sign Mathis or some other late O-line cuts from other teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having watched the o-line the last few years I don't know how that could have not been on the table.  A franchise qb and a new Oline... yea, that was a thought...And to BP1 - nice post, refreshing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m still of the opinion that the offensive line looked worse than it was because of the lack of an offensive coordinator. Atlanta has had offensive line issues for 3 years and has always managed to put together a decently good offense.I'm thinking he'll be able to do that for us as well. What I don't know yet, is how soon that could happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A quick score by Jameis and the boys won’t prove anything but a quick 3 and out where Martin gets two carries for a yard each and Jameis throws a 3 yard check down might make me throw up.Meaningful or not, I want to see us look competent since usually we crap the bed in the pre-season and of late, that bad crapping has continued for the real 16 weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A quick score by Jameis and the boys won't prove anything but a quick 3 and out where Martin gets two carries for a yard each and Jameis throws a 3 yard check down might make me throw up.Meaningful or not, I want to see us look competent since usually we crap the bed in the pre-season and of late, that bad crapping has continued for the real 16 weeks.

It would definitely be nice to at least look competent on offense for once.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A little melodramatic title and OP, no?

Please wait…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.