Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• doublenickel55

Participant

I am not sure what to make of it. Lamb seems to be selling himself s a blue dog democrat. I would not necessarily be diisapointed to get a few blue dogs in, if they were I, the image of Sam Nunn

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he is basically a blue dog and an impressive one, former Marine Us atty. Stark contrast to Trumps guy. Last I heard they had a voting tally issue that was stopping results by he was up with 58% reporting

There once was a guy in the Cove that suggested there was a hidden army of Trump voters that would make the midterms an historic event for Trump

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• doublenickel55

Participant

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could vote for the person and what we thought they could accomplish instead of a letter by the name?

I have been very much against the Democratic party because they pushed the blue dogs out and made the progressive way the only way.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Lamb still ahead after the absentee count. What a close race.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doublenickel55
      Mar 14, 18 at 9:36 am #1067799
      Wouldn’t it be nice if we could vote for the person and what we thought they could accomplish instead of a letter by the name?

I have been very much against the Democratic party because they pushed the blue dogs out and made the progressive way the only way.

####

I have generally voted Rep my entire life. Will probably vote the other way (depending on candidate) this year.

The GOP is more to blame then Dems for elevating progressives. Look at how many issues there are where the GOP is completely out of touch with the majority of Americans and instead clinging to some special interest. Bad long term strategy and those chickens are coming home, as they say.

So much for the Big Tent approach of Reagan

Please wait…

• doublenickel55

Participant

CK, my memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember when Nancy Pelosi was speaker of the house, many of the southern democrats, which had to be blue dog democrats to survive, lost their seats to Republicans. If I remember correctly, she did not do much to support them, or to recruit other blue dog Democrats. At least in congress, she made it clear she was not willing to support democrats if they supported her agenda.

Senate, I don’t think Harry Reid had quite the same control. But even in West Virginia, Manchin has been held in check. He even talked about the possibility of switching parties.

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.