Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I mean under 1 minute to go in the half, up by 10, on your own 7

The proper call is to go into the half and take a knee

Why are we playing with ourselves?

Need Better coaching leadership and to stay within ourselves

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Yep pretty much

• Swash

Participant

That play is still pissing me off. What the fuck were we thinking? I blame Brady on that one and mentally we gotta not get too competitive and play stupid.

• BucsNoles4Life

Participant

That play is still pissing me off. What the fuck were we thinking? I blame Brady on that one and mentally we gotta not get too competitive and play stupid.

Blame it on Leftwich. He called that play and it reeked of arrogance just like his personality. Somebody needs to beat the shit outta him.

• seekpar

Participant

Confucius say man who walk with hands in pockets feel cocky all day.

Back to topic, unbelievable play call. Reminded me of when the Redskins called rocket screen from their own 12 with 12 seconds to go in the first half vs the Raiders in SB XVIII and Jack Squirek got an easy pick 6. Just plain dumb, made no sense at all. Take a knee stupid!

• PreferNFL

Participant

The team is 9-3, leading the league in scoring average, on the verge of clinching the NFCS with ease, and people are still critical. SMH. You COULD be a Jags or Lions fan.

• BucsNoles4Life

Participant

The team is 9-3, leading the league in scoring average, on the verge of clinching the NFCS with ease, and people are still critical. SMH. You COULD be a Jags or Lions fan.

Here’s the problem. This team has not totally dominated any game except the Bears. This team doesn’t have a killer instinct and lets teams hang around. They spotted the Falcons seven points at the end of the first half and basically let them back in the game. They do that in the playoffs, they’re going home pretty quick.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Here’s the problem. This team has not totally dominated any game except the Bears. This team doesn’t have a killer instinct and lets teams hang around. They spotted the Falcons seven points at the end of the first half and basically let them back in the game. They do that in the playoffs, they’re going home pretty quick.

i mean to be honest other than the Superbowl last year we were like that even in our magical 8-0 run

Beat the Vikings because their Kicker sucked
      Were down 17-0 to the Falcons
      Dominated Lions
      neck and neck with Falcons before pulling away
      A keyshawn Vaughn fumble putting us in jeopardy of losing Redskins game
      A Jared Cook fumble changing our fortunes in the Saints game
      A timely foul call and stupid packers coaching decision from a collaspe in Packers game

this is football.

• buc-in-out

Participant

i mean to be honest other than the Superbowl last year we were like that even in our magical 8-0 run

Dominated Lions
      A timely foul call and stupid packers coaching decision from a collaspe in Packers game

this is football.

Yup, this is the NFL, not college ball. No NFL team flat out throttles their opponents week in, week out.

Look at the standings right now, half the league is 5-7 to 7-5.

• Runole

Participant

Dominated Lions

this is football.

Yup, this is the NFL, not college ball. No NFL team flat out throttles their opponents week in, week out.

Look at the standings right now, half the league is 5-7 to 7-5.

agree That being said it was a dumb play call.

• PreferNFL

Participant

Any play that does NOT work can easily be called a “dumb play call”. If that defender slips or is not there altogether, the play goes for huge yardage and the call becomes a great one. Name me a QB that has NEVER tossed a pick-6, then I’ll be more than happy to listen to the criticism.

• seekpar

Participant

Those of you who call us being too critical of the play call, wake the fuck up! It was a dumb play call inside your own 10 yard line with less than 30 seconds to play in the half. They weren’t going to get any points on the drive, so why try such a risky play and gift the opponent a defensive TD going into the half? DUMB! STUPID! IDIOTIC!

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Any play that does NOT work can easily be called a “dumb play call”. If that defender slips or is not there altogether, the play goes for huge yardage and the call becomes a great one. Name me a QB that has NEVER tossed a pick-6, then I’ll be more than happy to listen to the criticism.

just goes to show you that people will argue any point lol

i cant see anyone defending our 30 second before half strategy but then there is this

• Biggs3535

Participant

Any play that does NOT work can easily be called a “dumb play call”.

I agree in principle, but it’s not necessarily the play-call itself that was dumb. It was the decision to keep trying to score from their own 8 yard line with 22 seconds left. That’s on the coaches. I’m all for being aggressive, but at some point it doesn’t make sense. Once they didn’t get any yardage on first down, it was time to take it to the half.

And then Brady made the dumb decision to throw that ball with the defender standing right there. It’s fair to criticize both Arians and Brady for the play.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I agree in principle, but it’s not necessarily the play-call itself that was dumb. It was the decision to keep trying to score from their own 8 yard line with 22 seconds left. That’s on the coaches. I’m all for being aggressive, but at some point it doesn’t make sense. Once they didn’t get any yardage on first down, it was time to take it to the half.

And then Brady made the dumb decision to throw that ball with the defender standing right there. It’s fair to criticize both Arians and Brady for the play.

Agree 100% with this.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Brady is the knucklehead that probably urged coaches to try and win the last 2 minutes of the half

but agree after the first down ineffective play, Lefty/Arians should have kneeled

You can get away with playing reckless against inferior teams but not so sure they’d have the same luck against Green Bay, Arizona, New England, KC gifting them 7 points is the point we are trying to make

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Those of you who call us being too critical of the play call, wake the fuck up! It was a dumb play call inside your own 10 yard line with less than 30 seconds to play in the half. They weren’t going to get any points on the drive, so why try such a risky play and gift the opponent a defensive TD going into the half? DUMB! STUPID! IDIOTIC!

Hindsights 20/20 my friend.

• Runole

Participant

It was the decision to keep trying to score from their own 8 yard line with 22 seconds left.

Exactly! Take a knee!

• harrybucman

Participant

Blame it on Leftwich. He called that play and it reeked of arrogance just like his personality. Somebody needs to beat the shit outta him.

No, somebody needs to be the shit out of you. Bruce himself,( you know the HC). said when they leave the huddle, there are 2 plays called ( 1 run, 1 pass ). Depending on the defensive scheme the QB sees, he makes the choice. You shouldn’t make judgments if you don’t understand whats going on, it makes you look rather ignorant.

• seekpar

Participant

SMH at some of the comments. The situation called for a knee, nothing else, period.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Watch out. Harry runs a 4.7 and he is eighty years old. And he benches 225 35 reps. He is also a doctorate of universal knowledge degrees from Waynes College. You dine sparked a fire now…

No, somebody needs to be the shit out of you. Bruce himself,( you know the HC). said when they leave the huddle, there are 2 plays called ( 1 run, 1 pass ). Depending on the defensive scheme the QB sees, he makes the choice. You shouldn’t make judgments if you don’t understand whats going on, it makes you look rather ignorant.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.