Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

From what I saw Fragle was 50/50 with his blocking assignment last night.  The one time he was completely beat he rode Dunlap to the outside and Dunlap received the facemask penalty.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

so the one time he was completely beat he rode his guy out of the play so much he could just throw an errant hand at winston?  seems pretty good to me.  im not sure why our fans think we need anthony munoz or anthony pace for the guy to be acceptable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so the one time he was completely beat he rode his guy out of the play so much he could just throw an errant hand at winston?  seems pretty good to me.  im not sure why our fans think we need anthony munoz or anthony pace for the guy to be acceptable.

And even those guys got beat sometimes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so the one time he was completely beat he rode his guy out of the play so much he could just throw an errant hand at winston?

Not really an accurate description of what happened.  Winston did a good job avoiding an easy sack for Dunlop, but Dunlop beat Fragel pretty good on that play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so the one time he was completely beat he rode his guy out of the play so much he could just throw an errant hand at winston?

Not really an accurate description of what happened.  Winston did a good job avoiding an easy sack for Dunlop, but Dunlop beat Fragel pretty good on that play.

not sure whats innaccurate about it.  he was completely beat.  but all winston had to do was step up in the pocket as he did.  a guy like glennon gets sacked.  a QB with some elusiveness does what winston did.  fragel and the bucs got lucky for sure though.as easy sack was what everson griffen had the other night.  id love to see you guys critique the seahawks line, or the 49ers from seasons past.  the reason these QB guys run is because their OL gets beat. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not sure whats innaccurate about it.  he was completely beat.  but all winston had to do was step up in the pocket as he did.  a guy like glennon gets sacked.  a QB with some elusiveness does what winston did.  fragel and the bucs got lucky for sure though.as easy sack was what everson griffen had the other night.  id love to see you guys critique the seahawks line, or the 49ers from seasons past.  the reason these QB guys run is because their OL gets beat.

Seattle OL is pretty bad for a SB contending team. But definitely not the level of bad we have seen here over the years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seattle OL is pretty bad for a SB contending team. But definitely not the level of bad we have seen here over the years.

thats not what i read on the Red.  one poster even took the time to rate each of their starting OL.  they rated out pretty highly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t watch him specifically… but, I did see his man getting shoved out-of-bounds on Martin’s big run.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

thats not what i read on the Red.  one poster even took the time to rate each of their starting OL.  they rated out pretty highly.

Ha. They must've forgot to use the blue. Seattle OL is one of the most penalized groups in the NFL. They traded the most consistent guy they had in Unger. Wouldn't shock me to see Wilson running for his life again. Lynch does wonders considering how bad that group really is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fragle got beat a lot from the bit I remember. Hell, the first drive, Jameis had to immediately checkdown to the FB because the DE just ran right past him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fragel got beat consistently, luckily Winston has good pocket presence. I was shocked when ppl were praising him. Granted he didn’t give up a sack (i believe) but Dunlop blew by him on several plays

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This guy has a cool last name.Hopefully, we will get to call him fragel ROCK!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hesitate to rip the guy. He was thrown in there in a pinch. They said go ahead big guy, lets see what you can do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW, the evil PFF gave Fragel a -1.2 total grade in 28 snaps, the best among the starters.  Not bad for the kid.For those wondering, Cherilus received a +0.2 grade in 27 snaps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think he was terrible, but I don’t think he was very good either. I’m not opposed to developing him though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think he was terrible, but I don't think he was very good either. I'm not opposed to developing him though.

This is how I see it as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fragle got beat a lot from the bit I remember. Hell, the first drive, Jameis had to immediately checkdown to the FB because the DE just ran right past him.

The play you're talking about that was Myers getting beat, not Fragel.  Since you say he got beat a lot, I'd love for you to tell me a few of the other plays that he got beat on.  The only play I remember Fragel really getting beat on was the facemask play on Dunlap.  And yes, Winston did a good job avoiding a sack on that play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From what I saw Fragle was 50/50 with his blocking assignment last night.  The one time he was completely beat he rode Dunlap to the outside and Dunlap received the facemask penalty.

50/50 is awful, especially for an OT. QB could be getting sacked twice every four downs. Fragel didn't not look capable on Monday. Who is saying otherwise?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

50/50 is awful, especially for an OT. QB could be getting sacked twice every four downs. Fragel didn't not look capable on Monday. Who is saying otherwise?

For a rookie that is pretty good and I think he needs more time to develop.  If a rookie o-lineman can win 50% of the battles that is a starting point to build on.Compare to Kadeem Edwards who failed to break even in his contests on the other hand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean this cat didnt play at an all pro level superstar level?Seriously guys...  Get some perspective.  He held his own in two games now.  What are our actual expectations?Sheesh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

but the QB didnt get sacked at all from fragel, did he?  crazy how he was beat so often, half the time, and yet our QBs still had crazy high completion rates.  especially considering we dont have any marcus mariotas taking snaps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

but the QB didnt get sacked at all from fragel, did he?  crazy how he was beat so often, half the time, and yet our QBs still had crazy high completion rates.  especially considering we dont have any marcus mariotas taking snaps.

Cause , effect.Hard to tell who makes whom better. Winston is quicker than a guy like mccown, so obviously hes not going to get the huge sack numbers against him.However, fragel still has to block until the throw is made, or the run is past the los.From what i could tell, he was getting manhandled a little bit, but did his best down to down to keep the dl off winston. Idk if i like or hate the guy yet, but he's already more interesting than a player like gilkey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And even those guys got beat sometimes.

Leroy used to whip Munoz often.  Those were great battles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the worst case here is it appears that we now have something we haven’t had in a long time.  Depth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ha. They must've forgot to use the blue. Seattle OL is one of the most penalized groups in the NFL. They traded the most consistent guy they had in Unger. Wouldn't shock me to see Wilson running for his life again. Lynch does wonders considering how bad that group really is.

Yeah, even Seattle fans think their OL sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t say their OL sucks entirely. They do have a former top 10 pick in Russell Okung who plays the most important position for them. A second round pick playing RT in Justin Britt who isn’t bad. But, they also lost James Carpenter to the Jets this off-season who has always been a mauling guard, very meh pass blocker though. Max Unger I thought was a good player for them as well. This years Seattle OL will be much worse than last years. In short their tackle play has really never been an issue for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't say their OL sucks entirely. They do have a former top 10 pick in Russell Okung who plays the most important position for them. A second round pick playing RT in Justin Britt who isn't bad. But, they also lost James Carpenter to the Jets this off-season who has always been a mauling guard, very meh pass blocker though. Max Unger I thought was a good player for them as well. This years Seattle OL will be much worse than last years. In short their tackle play has really never been an issue for them.

I think you are basing the OT play on pedigree not on actual play. "Since Week 14, Okung (67th out of 73 qualifiers) and Britt (69th) are dangerously close to the worst-graded tackles in the NFL and Russell Wilson is the second-most pressured passer (45.7-percent of dropbacks) during that time." (PFF)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus, Detrimental, I’m not a big believer in analyzing the OL as individuals anyway. It’s a unit. But here's some of the fear in Seattle (and btw, there is some talk of moving Britt inside):http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2549064-seattle-seahawks-offensive-line-could-be-fatal-flaw-for-super-bowl-bid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus, Detrimental, I'm not a big believer in analyzing the OL as individuals anyway. It's a unit. But here's some of the fear in Seattle (and btw, there is some talk of moving Britt inside):http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2549064-seattle-seahawks-offensive-line-could-be-fatal-flaw-for-super-bowl-bid.

Yeah, I just found that out Britt moved inside. Really didn’t think Okung was as bad as PFF claims when I watch them play. I agree it’s a cohesion thing with the right 5, hopefully Tampa gets it pretty quickly. Fragel at RT or not, Dotson is the long-term answer so we really shouldn’t be too panicky at this point.

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.