Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Ramonb

Participant

Is there a point where a team can have too much star power? I remember a few years back and an opposing player (a Steeler I think) was calling us the “Paper Champions” after they kicked our ass. Can a star studded roster create a certain illusion that eliminates drive/hunger on the part of the players? As a counter balance, the 1992 Dream Team fared just fine, yet against substantially inferior opposition.

My initial gut instinct, “too much star power” might not be a good thing. Thoughts?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the subtraction of Gay evened all that out?

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Is there a point where a team can have too much star power? I remember a few years back and an opposing player (a Steeler I think) was calling us the “Paper Champions” after they kicked our ass. Can a star studded roster create a certain illusion that eliminates drive/hunger on the part of the players? As a counter balance, the 1992 Dream Team fared just fine, yet against substantially inferior opposition.

My initial gut instinct, “too much star power” might not be a good thing. Thoughts?

“Too much star power”? No. Teams that are like that are usually teams that had a lot of success and tried to over stock the team. They knew they were good/great to begin with and figured that everyone would fold. That isn’t the case with this team. There isn’t a single player on this team who has made the playoffs as a Buccaneer. I think there’s only what, 6 to 8 players on this roster, who’ve even made the playoffs in their career and almost all of them got here last year or this year.

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

I think you can have too much young star power. Fighting over the team and such.
      I think our team has strong veterans, JPP, Brady, Gronk, Evans, Suh, they aren’t chasing the huge contracts.

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

I think this is more likely to happen with teams that collect players like O. Beckham.
      Very talented athletes with ego issues. I don’t think we have that on this team.

• Bootz04

Blocked

The majority of the “star power” on this team is old and past its prime. This would’ve been a dog of a team in 2012-2014. 2020? Not so much.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who is a contributor that is past his prime?

The majority of the “star power” on this team is old and past its prime. This would’ve been a dog of a team in 2012-2014. 2020? Not so much.

• Bootz04

Blocked

Brady, Gronk, Suh, McCoy, JPP. You disagree?

• Mic

Participant

The first two teams that come to mind were the eagles when the year they signed Asante Samuel and the recent LA rams continually bringing in high profile vets, hasn’t really worked out for either team, sometimes guys can feel themselves too much without actually doing anything.

• BucBalla85

Participant

You don’t complain about a team stacked with talent. However in the end a teams chemistry and how well its coaches can also make or break a team. Especially a stacked team.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Im not worried about too much star power with this team. Brady commands excellence. Any slacking off will not be tolerated. They will get their ass chewed out. These guys are gunna go out there and play to the best of their ability because they do not want to let Brady down. 8 more days…

• theknees

Participant

Seriously? How can you not be more objective. We are all very excited about this team but, let’s be realistic. This team is built like a Madden fanboy has the keys to the kingdom. Brady looks good in camp but last season faded drastically as the season wore on. Gronk retired for a reason. Fournette is a malcontent who maybe salvages his career in Tampa and plays a huge role in our success this year but, he still has a shitty personality. We will be favored in all but a couple of games this season. Let’s see, if for the second time only, we can live up to the expectations.

I do wish we had a better backup plan at QB.

• m_j

Participant

too much star power can reflect in negative way, no question about that, but I do not think that’s gonna be the case with our team this year. guys are all in and having brady around certainly helps, you can‘t be bigger star than him, and if he doesn‘t moan noone else should!

looks good, at least for now!

• JC5100

Participant

2019 Browns
      2000 Redskins

Both coaches got fired

• buccnation

Participant

The “dream team” eagles

• Nobody

Participant

The knock-on effects of “Star Power” are the implications of man 30-53 on your roster; your Special Teams core. This is the primary reason why we’ve been one of the worst ST units in the NFL for years along with our bad kicking game.

If we can cover kicks, make kicks, and not have our depth exposed we’ll be alright.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

With Brady commanding the huddle everything will be fine. They picked up good role players that play football instead of dance like OBJ.

• Ramonb

Participant

Perhaps with Brady and JPP, the “mentality” will stay hungry.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.