Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 153 reply threads

• Author

• ryanf777

Participant

To you people out there i ask you why would you want winston over mariota? Just because he hasnt lost a game? well good for him. It’s a total team effort, it is not just him playing. People who say stats dont matter. You're dumb, they do. The ACC is one of the weakest conferences in college football. There may only be 1 team that FSU played that was actaully, MAYBE good, which would be georgia tech. To the other teams they played that you think are good, look at the teams they lost to. Those teams suck.17 ints this year for winston, and 2 for mariota. Something tells me that winston makes poor decisions, and he does. 27ints for winston over 2 years. 12ints for mariota over 3. You may say "he's a system qb" but people act like Mariota couldnt learn anything in the NFL.Over 3 years Mariota has 101 TD passes. Winston over 2, has 64. Also Mariota isn't a slow fat turd like winston. Under Mariota i think we could turn the team around, and i hope us mariota lovers prove people wrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

To you people out there i ask you why would you want winston over mariota? Just because he hasnt lost a game? well good for him. It's a total team effort, it is not just him playing. People who say stats dont matter. You're dumb, they do. The ACC is one of the weakest conferences in college football. There may only be 1 team that FSU played that was actaully, MAYBE good, which would be georgia tech. To the other teams they played that you think are good, look at the teams they lost to. Those teams suck.17 ints this year for winston, and 2 for mariota. Something tells me that winston makes poor decisions, and he does. 27ints for winston over 2 years. 12ints for mariota over 3. You may say "he's a system qb" but people act like Mariota couldnt learn anything in the NFL.Over 3 years Mariota has 101 TD passes. Winston over 2, has 64. Also Mariota isn't a slow fat turd like winston. Under Mariota i think we could turn the team around, and i hope us mariota lovers prove people wrong.

RGIII, Kaepernick, JFF….Marriota would be listed here….I don’t like the idea of trying to fit an option QB into an NFL Drop Back/In the Pocket system that they will have to run in the NFL.  I’m not sure there is a franchise type QB in the draft class…unless Cook comes out….but at least Winston has been running a pro set type of offense where he has had to read the whole field….not just one side and then tuck it and run.  Just not sold on either one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winner!Bottlegate-on-Twitter-Jameis-Winston-s-Snapchat-game-is-salacious-to-say-the-least-http-t.co-fHsMJyoOMd-.png

• Anonymous

Inactive

How did that pro style offense translate for Ponder and Manuel ??

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a typical Mariota game with 4 total TDs and no ints. But I honestly dont see that much of anything that special besides a couple of throws and the elite mobility. Its just very easy to him. Put him on a bad team like the Bucs and it will be something completely new to him and I think its likely hed fail.http://draftbreakdown.com/video/marcus-mariota-vs-ucla-2014/Put Winston on a bad team like the Bucs and I believe itll look a lot like this gameOline not giving him the easiest job in the world, forces and makes some bad decisions. But ultimately puts the team on his back and shreds them to a victory. http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jameis-winston-vs-notre-dame-2014/I know Winston can read defenses, has great vision and anticipation, good ball placement and he too has mobility to avoid a sack.I know mariota can take off running for lots of yards and has a really good arm on the run. I dont know if he can read defenses well, and i dont know if he look good at all in an NFL game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

two guys who should not have been picked in the 1st round. only rutroll would ever try to justify where they were picked

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winner!Bottlegate-on-Twitter-Jameis-Winston-s-Snapchat-game-is-salacious-to-say-the-least-http-t.co-fHsMJyoOMd-.png

What a clown.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all know those guys are not even in the same class as Winston in terms of QB talent.actually most of us thought those two were not good QBs and wanted nothing to do with them. Except Jdub, he wanted Manuel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I AM A NOLE AND HAVE SEEN EVERY GAME SINCE 1955 AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NOLE AS QB FOR THE BUCS. HOWEVER, I JUST DO NOT FEEL THAT WINSTON WILL BE A SUCCESS IN THE NFL AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS CHARACTER.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nfl teams thought they were 1st round qbs though…probably because they were so “pro ready” . LolThere's the Irony to that argument.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nfl teams thought they were 1st round qbs though...probably because they were so "pro ready" . LolThere's the Irony to that argument.

Nobody wants to talk about what that Jimbo Fisher system does for it's QBs tho.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nfl teams thought they were 1st round qbs though...probably because they were so "pro ready" . LolThere's the Irony to that argument.

We're talking about the Vikings and the Bills though, two teams not known for making great draft decisionsnot to mention the former Vikings coach is on our staff now (facepalm)

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean the two first round QBs who were considered major reaches?  Not so well so far. In Manuels defense, he was a half field read QB.  It was a red flag for him. And it has come back to haunt him, as he is still a guy who can barely scan half a field. And the accuracy is another issue entirely. For both.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we should draft Winston and hire Jimbo

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jimbo wouldnt take this job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we should draft Winston and hire Jimbo

Nahhh he can't control the police here like he does in Tallahassee.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis is unathletic? What freaking games have you been watching?Pepsi hit the nail on the head.We're a bad team that's going to have atrocious offensive coaching for the foreseeable future. Throwing a guy like Mariota from a spread system who doesn't like to get hit into that mess would be a disaster. Jameis on the other hand is a big strong kid who has shown that he can produce with similar weapons to what we have here in a pro-style scheme.Mariota needs creativity and flexibility in his system and people for some reason believe Lovie Smith will ever let that happen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I AM A NOLE AND HAVE SEEN EVERY GAME SINCE 1955 AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NOLE AS QB FOR THE BUCS. HOWEVER, I JUST DO NOT FEEL THAT WINSTON WILL BE A SUCCESS IN THE NFL AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS CHARACTER.

Are you yelling, or is your Caps Lock stuck?Geez.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sold on either QB, but spending the #1 pick on a guy who could be out of the NFL in 2 or 3 seasons due to his immaturity and off field issues would be a disaster for this franchise.Mariota is the safer pick, but if our offense is not built to suit his skills, it could also be a bad situation.It's a crap shoot really...  I'm glad I am not the one to make the final call, but I do know that if I were, Winston would not be a Buccaneer.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Winston is a better football player. I would rather roll the dice on character than ability.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis is unathletic? What freaking games have you been watching?Pepsi hit the nail on the head.We're a bad team that's going to have atrocious offensive coaching for the foreseeable future. Throwing a guy like Mariota from a spread system who doesn't like to get hit into that mess would be a disaster. Jameis on the other hand is a big strong kid who has shown that he can produce with similar weapons to what we have here in a pro-style scheme.Mariota needs creativity and flexibility in his system and people for some reason believe Lovie Smith will ever let that happen.

First of all, how do you know he doesn't like to get hit? Second, how did "liking" to get hit work for RG3? Third, only an idiot would "like" to get hit. Fourth, this argument that Winston "just wins" is ridiculous when compared to Mariota. Mariota "just wins," too. Taking all of Winston's MANY, MANY off-field issues aside, he's also thrown a TON of INTs. I'm so sick of people saying he reads defenses better than Mariota. If he was such a field general, he wouldn't have all those picks.Mariota may be a bust or may be Tom Brady. We won't know for sure for three more years. But, to say Winston is a sure-fire, can't miss, has-all-the-tools masterpiece is only looking at him through crimson-and-gold colored glasses.And by the way, he's such a tire fire of a human being I have no doubt he'll kick himself out of the NFL.

• Marcia

Participant

How did the spread translate for Leak and Tebow?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanting Winston would be so much easier for me if he wasnt such a moron.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It sucks Winston is a scumbag. I still think we should draft him. I still think he is a significantly better prospect than Mariota. Even with the off field concerns.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also, I sincerely think this is an irrelevant conversation because I don’t think Lovie will draft either.It will be a LT/DT/DE

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't really have a dog in this fight and am actually leaning more toward Mariota but you can't compare Manuel and Ponder to Winston.. He has a way better skill set than either of those two guys.. Ponder LOL!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanting Winston would be so much easier for me if he wasnt such a moron.

exactly.. the guy just seems so dumb it's scary to draft him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is insanely talented but he also is extremely coachable and carries himself like the great QBs do…. He has flaws but is a worker. That's why I'm leaning towards him right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As great as it is now to debate about Winston vs. Mariota, let us remember there is plenty of time between now and draft day. We all know the arguments for both QBs. You can bet your bottom dollar Mariota will be working on drop back passes from now still draft day. I think it would be SMART (although I understand the temptation) to just hold off any legitimate debate until after their pro days. I hate Lovie just as much as the next guy, but since he’s gonna be here lets hope we can get a legitimate OC. One of the Bucs’ blog writers threw the idea of us signing Chud as our OC and drafting Mariota….wouldn’t be a bad idea to me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

First of all, how do you know he doesn't like to get hit? Second, how did "liking" to get hit work for RG3? Third, only an idiot would "like" to get hit. Fourth, this argument that Winston "just wins" is ridiculous when compared to Mariota. Mariota "just wins," too. Taking all of Winston's MANY, MANY off-field issues aside, he's also thrown a TON of INTs. I'm so sick of people saying he reads defenses better than Mariota. If he was such a field general, he wouldn't have all those picks.

I understand you saying that but it only shows that you havent actually watched the full games as much. I was a huge mariota fan and liked him over winston, but this year i made a point to watch their games from start to finish and it became a lot more clear that Winston reminded a top tier NFL QB whereas Mariota doesnt even need and doesnt really impress until you see the stats at the end.Winston at such a young stage in his career is trying to throw the receiver open more than Ive seen out of possibly anybody. This is where a lot of his picks come from. He's throwing to spots on the field based on what the coverage is before the receivers makes a move and hes anticipating the WR makes the right move. Im not friends with the guy and id rather be friends with mariota if I had the choice so its not like im BSing this stuff. I honestly think he has a lot of ints because his team is holding him back. Put him on a team with Evans for the next few years and those two will be unstoppable when they learn what each other do. The other chunk of his ints are from some bad decisions and forced wild throws where he's trying to make something happen instead of living to fight the next play. Reminds me of Favre a little.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is insanely talented but he also is extremely coachable and carries himself like the great QBs do.... He has flaws but is a worker. That's why I'm leaning towards him right now.

I just cant lean towards the guy that will have never played on a team that resembles anything like he'd be seeing here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is clearly more prepared for the pro level. Even through adversity this year, he continues to be fearless and attack defenses. He's like Andrew Luck in that regard. The guy throws picks but keeps attacking and isn't fazed at all. I really admire that. Our QBs always look shook.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is insanely talented but he also is extremely coachable and carries himself like the great QBs do.... He has flaws but is a worker. That's why I'm leaning towards him right now.

I just cant lean towards the guy that will have never played on a team that resembles anything like he'd be seeing here.

That didn't stop you from wanting Manziel tho.I just think that Mariota is a grinder, a guy that puts in the work and wants to be coached. I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt over a guy who can't get out of his own way.They both are gambles but i trust Mariota way more.

• Marcia

Participant

That didn't stop you from wanting Manziel tho.I just think that Mariota is a grinder, a guy that puts in the work and wants to be coached. I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt over a guy who can't get out of his own way.They both are gambles but i trust Mariota way more.

Cant' get out of his own way?  Explain. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

That didn't stop you from wanting Manziel tho.I just think that Mariota is a grinder, a guy that puts in the work and wants to be coached. I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt over a guy who can't get out of his own way.They b