Viewing 65 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

Less than 24 hours to go now. Let’s do our Top 10 Mock Draft and see if anyone can nail it. Good luck!!!1. Falcons - Clowney *trade2. Rams - Robinson3. Jaguars - Manziel4. Browns - Watkins5. Raiders - Mack6. Texans - Bortles *trade7. Bucs - Donald8. Vikings - Bridgewater9. Bills - Matthews10.Lions - Evans

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans – Clowney2. Falcons - Mack *trade3. Jags - Watkins4. Browns - Robinson5. Lions - Evans *trade6. Rams - Matthews7. Bucs - Manziel8. Cowboys - Donald *trade9. Bills - Ebron10. Raiders - Lewan *trade

• dalbuc

Participant

1 Texans – Mack2 Falcons (trade) - Clowney3 Jaguars - Bortles4 Browns - Watkins5 Raiders - Evans6 Rams - Robinson7 Buccaneers - Donald8 Vikings - Bridgewater9 Bills - lewan10 Lions - Barr

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans – Clowney 2. Rams - Matthews3. Jaguars - Bortles4. Browns - Manziel5. Raiders - Watkins6. Falcons - Mack7. Bucs - Evans8. Vikings - Bridgewater9. Bills - Robinson10.Lions - Barr

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans – Clowney2. Rams - Robinson3. Jaguars - Watkins4. Browns - Evans5. Raiders - Mack6. Falcons - Matthews7. Bucs - Manziel8. Vikings - Donald9. Bills - Ebron10. Lions - Lewan

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans – Clowney 2. Rams - Matthews3. Jaguars - Watkins4. Browns - Manziel5. Raiders - Mack6. Falcons - Robinson7. Bucs - Donald8. Vikings - Bortles9. Bills - Ebron10.Lions - Dennard 

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans – Clowney2. Rams - Mack3. Jaguars - Watkins4. Browns - Evans5. Raiders - Robinson6. Falcons - Matthews7. Buccaneers - Bridgewater8. Vikings - Bortles9. Bills - Ebron10. Lions - Barr

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans - Clowney2. Rams - Robinson3. Jaguars - Watkins4. Browns - Evans5. Raiders - Mack6. Falcons - Matthews7. Bucs - Manziel8. Vikings - Donald9. Bills - Ebron10. Lions - Lewan

You and Bucs4eva know football.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans - Clowney2. Rams - Robinson3. Jaguars - Watkins4. Browns - Evans5. Raiders - Mack6. Falcons - Matthews7. Bucs - Manziel8. Vikings - Donald9. Bills - Ebron10. Lions - Lewan

Good mock. But would the rams really take Robinson at 2??

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good mock. But would the rams really take Robinson at 2??

I think the Rams want to trade down but their asking price might be to high. Ultimately they'll take the LT Robinson. With Saffold always injured, Jake Long long in the tooth and having to protect Bradford, Fisher can't/won't overlook OL. And Robinson is the best tackle in this draft from everything I've read. Also, wouldn't surprise me to see Dallas trade up with MINN at #8 to grab Donald the best three-technique in this draft for their defense under Rod Marinelli who runs a 4-3. And there's a good chance Norv Turner can still get Carr or Bortles in that scenario at #16.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 Houston- Clowney2 St. Louis - Watkins3 Jacksonville- Barr4 Cleveland- Matthews5 Oakland- Robinson6 (trade) Dallas- Manziel = The Dirty Birds rain on my parade and pick up picks..7 (trade) Detroit- Evans = Bucs pick up a 2nd and 4th8 Minnesota- Donald9 (trade) NY Giants- Lewan10 Tampa- Bortles

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans – ClowneyRams - RobinsonJags - ManzielBrowns - WatkinsRaiders - MackFalcons - MathewsBucs - EvansVikings - BortlesBills - Z MartinLions - Ebron

• Anonymous

Inactive

ClowneyWatkinsManzielBortlesEvansMackRobinsonBridgewaterEbronLewan(barring trades, which are practically impossible to predict)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans – ClowneyRams - RobinsonJags - MackBrowns - WatkinsRaiders - ManzielFalcons - MatthewsBucs - EvansVikings - BortlesBills - EbronLions - Gilbert

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on Needs1. Mack _Hou2.Robinson_Rams3.Clowney_Falcons  (Pick remains the same even without trades)4.Watkins_Browns5.Evans_Raiders6.Bortles_Jags  (Falcons take Lewan without trade)7.Matthews_Bus8.Lewan_Vkings  (Vikings Take Bortles)9.Ebron_Bills10.Dix_Lions

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans: ClowneyLambs: RobinsonJags: MackBrowns: WatkinsRaiders: MatthewsFalcons: LewanBucs: Bortles ( I'll go total curve ball)Vikes: GilbertBills: EvansLions: Ebron

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans: ClowneyLambs: RobinsonJags: MackBrowns: WatkinsRaiders: MatthewsFalcons: LewanBucs: Bortles ( I'll go total curve ball)Vikes: GilbertBills: EvansLions: Ebron

You shouldn't be smoking crack this early in the morning .

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody but Evans! If the BUCs are going to address the WR position please draft a WR with breakaway speed. The BUCs haven’t had elite speed since Galloway.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Texans: Clowney2. Rams: Robinson3. Jaguars: Mack4. Browns: Watkins5. Raiders: Manziel6. Falcons: Matthews7. Buccaneers: Evans8. Vikings: Bortles9. Bills: Lewan10. Lions: Gilbert

• Anonymous

Inactive

You shouldn't be smoking crack this early in the morning .

I had to try something different, the mock and crack both...I've gotten bored with crystal meth and skinning hitchhikers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just really believe that the TExans want Bortles, but not at #1 overall. I think they are playing hardball and asking way too much from the Falcons right now, but once they are on the clock they will end up taking the Falcon’s best offer and then take their guy Bortles at #6.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1) Texans – Clowney2) Rams - Robinson3) Falcons *Trade - Mack4) Cowboys *Trade - Manziel5) Raiders - Watkins6) Jaguars *Trade - Bortles7) Bucs - Donald8 ) Vikings - Bridgewater9) Bills: Evans10) Lions: Cooks

• kenminio

Participant

1. Texans – Clowney 2. Rams - Robinson3. Jaguars - Watkins4. Browns - Bortles5. Raiders - Matthews6. Falcons - Mack7. Lions - Evans *Trade*8. Vikings - Lewan9. Bills - Barr10.Bucs - OBJ

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not going to bother with trades, too unpredictable1. Clowney (no one's paying that crazy price to move to #1)2. Robinson3. Watkins4. Evans5. Mack6. Matthews7. Manziel8. Bortles9. Matthews10. Ebron

• Anonymous

Inactive

i-sense-butthurt.jpgNo Manziel....No Donald....

• Anonymous

Inactive

#1. Houston Texans – Clowney – They are taking Clowney. Period…or Deion will “grow his curl back”#2. St. Louis Rams - Watkins - Rams already have two good OTs. They have a RT who is young and is not bad at all named Joe Barksdale. They also have Jake Long. I see them adding Watkins to bolster their playmaking ability.#3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Manziel - Makes too much sense. They have needed a QB for the longest. I don't see them passing up on a player with Tebow-hype who can actually play QB...unlike Tebow.#4. Cleveland Browns - Mack - They won't pass up on Mack if he is there, and will be thrilled that he "slipped' to them.#5. Oakland Raiders - Robinson - They let Veldheer walk, and only signed Penn. Khalif Barnes was their LT and he is trash. They will take the best OL in the draft.#6. Atlanta Falcons - Matthews - They need OL help. They will run to the podium here.#7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bortles - Just a gut feeling. I don't think they have much value on Evans, Donald, or Bridge. They might trade out, but if they stay, I am willing to bet that Bortles has the highest grade of the QB for them.#8. Minnesota Vikings - Bridgewater - Norv Turner will be doing cartwheels.#9. Buffalo Bills - Mike Evans - Word is that they love Evans#10. Detroit Lions - Dennard - Their CBs are trash. Some have them taking a safety...but they have two decent ones in Ihedigbo and Quin. Barr could be a sleeper pick here as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta- Clowney. Atl makes another bold draft day trade moving up for the best DE prospect in the last decade.Cleveland- Mack. The Browns know that Jacksonville is going to select Kalil Mack and all they have to give up is a 2nd rounder to leapfrog Jacksonville.Jax- Watkins. Chad Henne played decent last year but Blackmon is a flake. With a reliable playmaker they can best improve in a hurry.St. Louis- Robinson. St. Louis plays their cards right and score their guy.Oakland- Matthews. Oakland signed Penn as a LT band-aid but they have nothing at RT. Matthews can play RT this year and slide over after Penn is gone.Houston- Bortles. Houston really plays their cards right on this one. It was always down to Clowney Mack and Bortles for them. They rape Atlanta and get one of their top players.Tampa Bay- In one split second, the Buccaneers reverse their fortunes by selecting Aaron Donald DL Pitt.Minnesota- Evans. Matt Cassell was by far the most impressive QB for Minnesota last year but they need .. er needed weapons. They get the top WR here.Buffalo- Eric Ebron. EJ Manuel needs some help. Buffalo is set for a resurgence on offense.Detroit- Justin Gilbert Explosive playmaker who is also a great cover corner. His upside is too great to ignore.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How in the world is selecting Donald “reversing their fortunes”? Also, personally I friggin hope Atlanta gives up what the Texans are asking for that top pick. I'd LOVE to see them give up their next few #1s.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly with all the talk surrounding Tampa and Manziel/Carr I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to find out we’re targeting Bridgewater or Bortles. I really think Bridgewater would be awesome in Tedford’s offense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1) Houston Texans- Jadeveon Clowney2) St Louis Rams-  Greg Robinson3) Jacksonville Jaguars-  Khalil Mack4)  Cleveland Browns- Sammy Watkins5)  Oakland Raiders- Mike Evans6) Atlanta Falcons- Anthony Barr7)  Tampa Bay- Johnny Manziel8  ) Minnesota Vikings- Blake Bortles9)  Buffalo Bills- Jake Matthews10 )Detroit Lions- Eric Ebron

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaron Donald is a Warren Sapp clone who benched 35 reps. Get a clue Radio.As much of a physical freak of nature Sapp was, Aaron Donald is even more so. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/aaron-donald?id=2543485The numbers back up the film and the numerous honors and awards are the cherry on top. All you have to do is let history repeat itself ... and draft Aaron Donald. I just cant believe that Lovie Smith, knowing what he knows could possibly pass on Aaron Donald. JMHO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

#1: Texans – Clowney (seriously, he is far and away the most NFL ready prospect and is a physical freak)#2: Rams - Watkins (they need receivers still)#3: Jags - Donald (just seems like the JAG thing to do)#4: Cleveland - Evans (I think they team him with Optimus Prime aka Gordon and roll with Hoyer and a 2nd or 3rd rounder to start the year)#5: Oakland - Mack#6: Falcons - Ebron (Tony G is gone)#7: Bucs - Manziel (if he's there, he's ours. I have zero doubt about this)#8: Vikings - Bridgewater (he should go #2 but I think he might actually slip)#9: Bills - Robinson (ground and pound)#10: Lions - Matthews

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafting a DT when we already have the best DT in football doesn’t reverse a team’s fortunes. Getting a franchise QB or building a rock solid offensive line reverses a team’s fortunes. Grabbing a redundant player who we hope can make an impact by bouncing around to different positions on our line doesn’t “reverse” any teams fortunes. He’s a luxury pick. Saying that he reverses our fortune simply sounds stupid.He isn't built to play nose and he isn't built to play end in the NFL. He's a 3 technique and we need one of those about as much as we need a WLB. Just because you have a man crush on the big boy doesn't mean picking him turns our fortunes around.Hell I'd rather get Mosley, at least he'd arguably be an UPGRADE over someone.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last time we won a Superbowl it was with an old journeyman QB and the most dominant DL in all of football. Take McCoy out for a break and plug in Donald. On passing downs plug him in. How many reps do you think Sapp got as a rookie? Was Sapp a luxury pick Guido?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guido? Wow you’re just throwing sh!t at the wall, grow up and man up. Throw insults all you want, loser.When we drafted Sapp we didn't have the best DT in football, why's that hard to understand?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans-MackRams-RobinsonJaguars-ClowneyBrowns-ManzielRaiders-WatkinsFalcons-LewanBucs-MartinVikings-BortlesBills-EvansLions-Beckham Jr

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also we’re comparing a DT basically that no one gave a crap about until the senior bowl to a first ballot HOFer who was considered for the top pick in his draft. That’s ridiculous.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you believe in drafting for need and I believe in BPA. The difference of opinion has been noted. If I thought that they thought a sure fire franchise QB was there that would be the pick. I dont think that is the case. I DO think Aaron Donald is going to be an elite DL, especially in this defense. As for your complaints ... dont mess with the bull if you dont want the horns.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagreeing with someone (which is PRETTY MUCH what bulletin boards are for.. you know, posting opinions) doesn’t warrant name calling. I just couldn’t wrap my head around the phrase “reversing our fortunes”. Seemed a little extreme in my book. I’m cool with agreeing to disagree as I see name calling petty… at least among fans of the same team.I think there HAS to be a balance between need and BPA. BPA is fine and dandy if it's someone who's going to be an instant upgrade, I don't see Donald as an upgrade over McCoy and I don't think he fits at nose or LE. JMO. I also just don't think Donald is going to be BPA. I honestly can't see him being BPA over Evans/Matthews. I can respect you thinking there's no franchise QB in this draft, I just disagree. I think Bridgewater and Manziel are both better players and a bigger need than Donald. Just how I see it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also we're comparing a DT basically that no one gave a crap about until the senior bowl to a first ballot HOFer who was considered for the top pick in his draft. That's ridiculous.

No everyone liked Donald prior to the Senior Bowl, at least anyone who read about the draft. The concern was his size and how would it hamper him vs NFL size/skill OL.  He was rated as a late first but the senior bowl where he owned the draftable linemen pushed his stock higher. Great player, really one of the marquee players in the draft for the right scheme but a poor value for us because of our current personnel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also we're comparing a DT basically that no one gave a crap about until the senior bowl to a first ballot HOFer who was considered for the top pick in his draft. That's ridiculous.

No everyone liked Donald prior to the Senior Bowl, at least anyone who read about the draft. The concern was his size and how would it hamper him vs NFL size/skill OL.  He was rated as a late first but the senior bowl where he owned the draftable linemen pushed his stock higher. Great player, really one of the marquee players in the draft for the right scheme but a poor value for us because of our current personnel.

Alright, I'll give you that. What I mean was he wasn't going to sniff top 10 before the senior bowl.

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Houston – J. Clowney2. St. Louis - J. Matthews3. Jacksonville - J. Manziel4. Cleveland - S. Watkins5. Oakland - K. Mack6. Atlanta - G. Robinson7. Tenn (via trade) -  B. Bortles8. Minny - A. Donald9. Buffalo - M. Evans10. Detriot - J. Gilbert

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was just messin around with the funny names. Didnt mean to disrespect. I love Bridgewater but if I honestly compare all of the players available and knowing about Lovies defense, he loves great DL. He needs to get the QB in 3 seconds or less with a 4 man rush. I believe Donald is a perfect fit regardless of who else is on the team. You never know, McCoy could want $15 mil per and he may be gone soon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d hate to see McCoy go. If they did draft Donald I’d worry that would be the case because Gerald wouldn’t have any leverage.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alright, I'll give you that. What I mean was he wasn't going to sniff top 10 before the senior bowl.

No one gave a crap about him until the Senior Bowl? Uh....no.[img]http://www.trbimg.com/img-1399155495/turbine/chi-photos-aaron-donald-20140503-002/480[/img]Back then Robinson, Evans, and Mack weren't sniffing the top 10 either. Bridgewater was the clear cut #1 pick, and Bortles was barely on the radar. It was early in the process and many who hadn't watched him yet figured he was too small so he didn't get immediate attention. What does it have to do with anything now though. 

• Anonymous

Inactive