Monday, October 21, 2019

Totally Disagree with PR, Marpet

This topic contains 26 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Oct. 27, 2015 at 2:12 pm.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

The penalties we had called against us were game altering.  Im going to say it now. The nfl is fixed. . . .  i]stops reading[/i

I always wonder why ppl are so quick to dismiss this scenario. Maybe it's just b/c they refuse to believe that it is in fact a possibility. But would you really be surprised if news came out proving this was the case? The NFL wouldn't be the 1st pro sports organization to be guilty of match fixing, and certainly wouldn't be the last. In any case, it doesn't excuse the current Bucs coaching staff for having its team visibly unprepared for its opponents damn near every week, for two fucking years.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

The penalties we had called against us were game altering.  Im going to say it now. The nfl is fixed. . . .  i]stops reading[/i

I always wonder why ppl are so quick to dismiss this scenario. Maybe it's just b/c they refuse to believe that it is in fact a possibility. But would you really be surprised if news came out proving this was the case? The NFL wouldn't be the 1st pro sports organization to be guilty of match fixing, and certainly wouldn't be the last. In any case, it doesn't excuse the current Bucs coaching staff for having its team visibly unprepared for its opponents damn near every week, for two (censored)ing years.

What would be the point to fix a game between 2 bad teams? Ol' Roger got some cash on the skins?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I always wonder why ppl are so quick to dismiss this scenario. Maybe it's just b/c they refuse to believe that it is in fact a possibility. But would you really be surprised if news came out proving this was the case? The NFL wouldn't be the 1st pro sports organization to be guilty of match fixing, and certainly wouldn't be the last. In any case, it doesn't excuse the current Bucs coaching staff for having its team visibly unprepared for its opponents damn near every week, for two (censored)ing years.

What would be the point to fix a game between 2 bad teams? Ol' Roger got some cash on the skins?

It was so bad I was about ready to pull the race card and I am white.  Seriously, made me think does this guy have a problem, the officiating was so bad.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Lol

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Marpet was protecting a teammate.  If anything, it was offsetting penalties.  It didn’t even look to me like Marpet was trying to do anything particularly malicious.  He just pushed him out of the way, and it sure didn’t look like the ref was going to do anything to stop it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

johnd
    Participant

yeah…Marpet is the only baller on this team of losers.  Cut the kid a break.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

The refs were their typical idiotic selves. Marpet responded to a late hit, and got a flag, it’s that simple. The Bucs hit the QB in a normal play and they get a roughing the passer call. Kwon does his job in the middle of the field and gets a PI… the refs were their typical union slob selves.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I agree with you. I love Marpet. And I believe Hawley’s attitude is rubbing off on some of these guys.As far as these lists, they are done pretty quick after the game on just one viewing and in a lot of cases without the benefit of replay or commentary. I make notes has the game happens, and he did have two penalties. But I actually mentioned to SR that his and Cherilus' penalties I was ok with, and immediately tweeted directly to Dashon, Nice flop.Now if we can convince Hawley to play a little DL things might change.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

LMAO at reading this stuff. I briefly had the thought of "I can't believe so many rubes are playing the 'the refs are against us!' card"......but then I remembered that it's the red board.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

It would be silly to think Bucs games were the only games being fixed in this scenario. Money can be made off of any fixed game. So if fixing were indeed going on I would expect it to involve most games. If you think back to recent history it won't take long to some up with several examples of prime-time games where a lot was on the line and a ref made a series of game altering calls, that were just plain wrong. Again, NOT saying this is why we lost. We were clearly out-coached and have been for several years now. But to just dismiss this scenario as something that could never happen is ignorant.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I agree with you. I love Marpet. And I believe Hawley's attitude is rubbing off on some of these guys.As far as these lists, they are done pretty quick after the game on just one viewing and in a lot of cases without the benefit of replay or commentary. I make notes has the game happens, and he did have two penalties. But I actually mentioned to SR that his and Cherilus' penalties I was ok with, and immediately tweeted directly to Dashon, Nice flop.Now if we can convince Hawley to play a little DL things might change.

Thanks MC.  I agree that the DL could use a little swagger.  The only one that seems a bit chippy is Gholston which earned him three personal fouls.  The biggest difference between Sapp and McCoy is that if Sapp would be scrapping after the play if being held all day like McCoy was yesterday.  He would tell the ref to get the holding under control or the game will get out of control which would lead to the ref watching more closely and getting calls or creating a halo effect with the OL.  Sometimes scrapping can serve a purpose.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I noticed a few plays before this altercation with Marpet a Redskins D lineman shoved Marpet after the play was over but that didn’t get called. They weren’t calling obvious fouls on the Skins but this is nothing new to Bucs fans. Every Bucs fan everywhere has seen this going on forever really. Since day one we have been on the short end of the stick outside of a brief few years under Dungy when we were playing disciplined football. Even Gruden had huge issues with this and used to even hire refs to call penalties during practice to try to get it cleaned up. I think it is a combination of our reputation and the refs looking for something to call against us but not so much for the opponent. Raiders have had the same issue for years.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.