Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• harlet

Participant

Hi guys,I live in Australia and am a mad Bucs fan. I read these boards multiple times a day, but have never really felt the need to post. Would it make sense to stay put at the number 7 spot and then try and trade down with our high 2nd round pick in order to nab a 4th rounder? Surely some quality players will slip out of the first round that teams may be willing to jump up in the second round for.Interested to hear your thoughts

Please wait…

• Mattingly23

Participant

Hey a fellow Aussie. I love the idea - the best choice i think are the 49ers who have a ton of picks, but few needs (and even roster spots available). The thing about Licht that isn't getting enough of a run is that he is from NE and Philadelphia - Both Andy Reid and Bill Belichick love to trade down to find value. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we traded back in multiple early rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally agree with you here. I think the 3rd round and early 4th will have a heap of players who will be able to contribute eg. OT/OG Billy Turner, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, WR Allen Robinson, G Cyril Richardson etc a few picks here would be worth alot in my opinion

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Easier said than done because there are several teams who want to trade down and only a couple teams who want to trade up.  I think most of us want to trade spot 7 and move down.  it’s crazy to take any of these QB’s at spot 7.  I would pick DT Donald if forced at spot 7.  Our Defense would be set for quite a while.  I still would consider trading or swapping Clayborn for another player or draft pick as I don’t see his strength playing on the left side.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Easier said than done because there are several teams who want to trade down and only a couple teams who want to trade up.  I think most of us want to trade spot 7 and move down.  it's crazy to take any of these QB's at spot 7.  I would pick DT Donald if forced at spot 7.  Our Defense would be set for quite a while.  I still would consider trading or swapping Clayborn for another player or draft pick as I don't see his strength playing on the left side.

He's talking about the second rounder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think a lot of teams want to trade down this year and take advantage of such a deep class. Don’t forget that it takes two teams to tango. I do think a falling first round talent could be available for the Bucs at their current second round pick. My top guard in the class, Xavier Su’a-Filo out of UCLA, could be there. An athletic defensive tackle such as Florida’s Dominque Easley, or Arizona State’s Will Sutton might be available. Perhaps even a falling quarterback could make it to that selection. I think the Bucs are in a good spot to stick and pick in the second if they choose not to trade or can’t find a partner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PewrerReportED;  you make more and more sense every time I read one of your Articles or replies.  I am glad you are a serious analyzer.  What’s your take on a Clayborn and or Martin trade during this draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you think that there is a big difference in player quality between the top of the second and the bottom? I would think that IF a trade partner could be found and we were targeting a guard then it would make sense however if we had our eye on a wide receiver then not so much.

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.