Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• David Frost

Participant

If Denver comes calling wanting to jump past Giants & Jags for a QB and gives us #10 and a 2nd round would you drop down to #10 and who would you pick? Any chance Devin White there at 10?

White at #10 then use both 2nds for OT and CB

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Not enough compensation, especially if they are QB shopping.

Please wait…

• David Frost

Participant

Based on draft point chart we give 4th and Broncos give #10 and their 2nd, I keep seeing more and more analyst on tv shows , nfl network and others high on Devin White

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

The trade value chart goes out the window when teams are hoping to snag a franchise QB.
      Colts got three second-rounders from Jets to drop from 3 to 6 last year.
      And we have the 5th pick last I checked.

sidenote….I liked your talk show when I was young.

Please wait…

• ufcguy32

Participant

I feel like this team needs its premium players at this point we need an absolute stud at 5. The picks would be nice but this GM has shown he cant make a 2nd round pick to save his life

Please wait…

• GBOBUCSFAN

Participant

I feel like this team needs its premium players at this point we need an absolute stud at 5. The picks would be nice but this GM has shown he cant make a 2nd round pick to save his life

I hear ya on the premium player but depending on how free agency and cutting players goes…..we may have a lot of holes to fill. Those extra draft picks could go a long way. And hopefully having a competent coaching staff will actually get production out of a 2nd round pick.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

They got two twos last year to drop from 7 to 11

Please wait…

• watson

Participant

They got two twos last year to drop from 7 to 11

The problem is, if they trade with Denver, they only have an extra 4th, 5th and 2 7ths.  Not sure there is enough value there to make the trade.  UNLESS, Denver gives up next year’s 1st and this years 2 and 3…..and I don’t think they would want to do that.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

This year’s #1 at the 10 spot and next year’s #1. Period.

Please wait…

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Roy

Participant

The trade value chart goes out the window when teams are hoping to snag a franchise QB.

Colts got three second-rounders from Jets to drop from 3 to 6 last year.

And we have the 5th pick last I checked.

sidenote….I liked your talk show when I was young.

Well from 3 to 6 is 600 points, and from 5 to 10 is 400 points.  But its true the Jets threw the chart out the window to get a QB.  It would have to be for Haskins, because no other QB is worth moving up that much for.  And if Haskins is that good I could see someone moving up to 4 to make sure they get him.  It will be interesting to see what the buzz is for Haskins after his pro day and so forth.  Is he a franchise QB like the top guys last year, or something less than that?    I just don’t see teams giving up the store to move up this time.

Please wait…

• Mark

Participant

A trade down to 10 should get us at least 2 seconds or a 2,3,4 perhaps? Or a 2 and a player? Regardless, at 10 we should have our pick from a very good DL or edge or OT or CB! For that and 2 extra starting caliber players I think I’m in.

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

If it yields at least a 2nd or a first next year, I’ll pull the trigger

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

I hear ya on the premium player but depending on how free agency and cutting players goes…..we may have a lot of holes to fill. Those extra draft picks could go a long way. And hopefully having a competent coaching staff will actually get production out of a 2nd round pick.

“A lot of holes to fill”. No doubt. Depending on how rosy some peoples glasses are, that number could be 5 starters or 15. “How many holes do Licht and Arians see?”, is the ultimate question. Licht may be more inclined to keep marginal players he has acquired and try to make them work.

Also, if we are being realistic, this team is not one offseason away from contending. It’s time to go after an elite player in the top 5. Those picks are a little harder to screw up. I don’t care if we net 3 total picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Those players may not add up to the impact that a stud defensive player could at that pick.

Best to go big on the most potentially impact player instead of trying to apply the shotgun approach in the mid rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of this thinking is antiquated as hell.

It’s about perceived value.

Please wait…

• Handiman1031

Participant

How about addition by subtraction?  According to Spotrac and Over the Cap, Jensen can be traded without any dead money.  Pff has Connor McGovern tabbed for 22 pressures in 8 games at center filling in for Paradis when he broke his fibula.  Mike Muchak might feel he can get superior play from Jensen over resigning Paradis after that lower leg injury.  The Broncos have a little over 37 million in cap room to absorb Jensen’s contract and can cut him next year if he does not perform well.

I’d say the 5th overall pick and Jensen for the Broncos 10th overall, 2nd and 5th round picks would be a fair value allowing Elway to take Lock before any of the other QB needy teams.  That 10 million cleared would be enough to sign the entire rookie class.

The Bucs would also be clearing themselves of their worst FA mistake by getting rid of the most penalized guy on the team as well.

Please wait…

• RudeGuy

Participant

Might have a few teams throwing extra picks our way to try to move up. Drive up the price Bucs. Wait until you’re on the clock to see if one of those teams panics. If they don’t get enough then make the pick.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.