Trade McCoy

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

McCoy is a lightning rod. We have so many other issues and the focus is our Pro Bowl DT? If it’s lack of production relative to $ then why are there no “trade LVD” threads?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has he had a tough stretch of games? Yes. Is this one of the dumbest threads in the history of the red board? Yes.

I agree. He is playing hurt. Sapp played hurt and his stats went South as well. Sapp just never told anyone he was injured not even the team.So, he is playing hurt and should be given less playing time because it is obvious he is taking plays off. That is a coaching failure. Injured players are not the same as healthy players. I blame our stupid coach for that.Nobody I have seen in this thread is questioning the scheme. What about the stunts? What about his unorthodox rushing lanes in the last few weeks? He is splitting the RG and RT half of the time. Why is he doing that? Coaching? [\\\\b]

His frustrated comments suggest that might be the case, but who knows?

Well, it would be brilliant if a blitzer was shooting through the A gap but that is not happening. I just noticed it because I was watching McCoy closely last night. I will have a look at the coaches film tonight.I believe Lovie is very happy to throw his players under the bus to deflect the criticism from his suck ass coaching job he is doing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

McCoy is a lightning rod. We have so many other issues and the focus is our Pro Bowl DT? If it's lack of production relative to $ then why are there no "trade LVD" threads?

People are tired of seeing you troll every thread on this board instead of talking about football. But we all know why you don't talk football, don't we? You don't know a damn thing about the game. Put the drink down Beilman you're a fluckin' disgrace.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has he had a tough stretch of games? Yes. Is this one of the dumbest threads in the history of the red board? Yes.

I agree. He is playing hurt. Sapp played hurt and his stats went South as well. Sapp just never told anyone he was injured not even the team.So, he is playing hurt and should be given less playing time because it is obvious he is taking plays off. That is a coaching failure. Injured players are not the same as healthy players. I blame our stupid coach for that.Nobody I have seen in this thread is questioning the scheme. What about the stunts? What about his unorthodox rushing lanes in the last few weeks? He is splitting the RG and RT half of the time. Why is he doing that? Coaching? [\\\\\\\\b]

His frustrated comments suggest that might be the case, but who knows?

Well, it would be brilliant if a blitzer was shooting through the A gap but that is not happening. I just noticed it because I was watching McCoy closely last night. I will have a look at the coaches film tonight.I believe Lovie is very happy to throw his players under the bus to deflect the criticism from his suck ass coaching job he is doing.

There's definitely a gap but somehow Buc blitzers wouldn't get home

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Come on Vinnie tell us again how Lovie has lost the team, because, what was it again? LVD bluffs an A gap blitz..BWaaaaahhhaaaaaaaa!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex, can you read?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think his role should absolutely be reduced. Here\\\\\\\\\\\\'s why. Three of the best DTs this year are Linval Joseph, Kawaan Short and Geno Atkins.Joseph has been on the field for 65.2% of Minnesota\\\\\\\\\\\\'s defensive snaps.Short has been on the field for 71.8% of Carolina\\\\\\\\\\\\'s defensive snaps.Atkins has been on the field for 72.2% of Cincinnati\\\\\\\\\\\\'s defensive snaps.McCoy has been on the field for 78.9% of the Bucs defensive snaps. Rotate him more, especially if he is dealing with an injury.As far as your sentiment for benching him because of bad or inconsistent play, Suh has had a 3 game stretch this season where he had no sacks, very little tackles, and his presence wasn\\\\\\\\\\\\'t felt much in their games. Should he have been benched? Marcell Dareus was a ghost from weeks 11-16 last year. Should the Bills have let him go in the offseason?...and that dude\\\\\\\\\\\\'s contract is significantly larger than McCoy\\\\\\\\\\\\'s.

Never mentioned benching as a sentiment. It was a question directed at you.Regardless, I'm trying to drill down on what your football opinion is on the subject. The problem McCoy is having right now. Irrespective of whatever injury \\\\\\\\"The Red Board\\\\\\\\" doctors have attributed to him is his lack of production (coupled with a lack of leadership) causing (another) severe weak spot in this defense. Partly evidenced by the Giants rushing attack directly at McCoy this past Sunday. The immediate alternative is Henry Melton. At this stage of the season and given Lovie's musical chairs act I can't think of a reason why he shouldn't be a given a shot at the job. He has a track record of playing well at the position.

Hard to point to any one thing, especially being outside of the building and only watching plays without know the specific assignments on a play to play basis. Injury could certainly be a factor. His discipline under Lovie seems to have gotten worse. He had double digit penalties last year, and is on pace to surpass last years total. "Lack of leadership" is something that only those in the facilities can attest to. With McDonald out, Melton's snaps are going to go up any way. It will be a load shared by all remaining DTs and they will all rotate at both positions. As I said previously, reduce his snap count. Hell bring it down to around 60-65%. That would up Melton's to round 60% as well. Just out right benching him? In a lot of defenses, the DL is the most rotated unit. They won't bench him unless he is too injured to play. I don't believe he has been terrible this year. Overall, he has had production this year, it just isn't the All-Pro production we have seen in the past.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

how long would you consider a "stretch"?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    billym
    Participant

It is more than a stretch or slump, it seems like more of a trend.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The last 3 games.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It is more than a stretch or slump, it seems like more of a trend.

i concur

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The last 3 games.

he's been a non-factor since last year

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The last 3 games.

After weeks 1-5 were completed, McCoy led all other DTs in sacks, and was top 5 among DTs in QB hurries. Pretty decent for a guy who was a "non-factor".

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

how long would you consider a \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"stretch\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"?

The last 3 games.

After weeks 1-5 were completed, McCoy led all other DTs in sacks, and was top 5 among DTs in QB hurries. Pretty decent for a guy who was a "non-factor".

NOW you want to bring up sacks and hurries because they fit your viewpoint, few days ago they were irrelevant.cool

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

how long would you consider a \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"stretch\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"?

The last 3 games.

NOW you want to bring up sacks and hurries because they fit your viewpoint, few days ago they were irrelevant.cool

Just solely using sacks and hurries to grade a players overall performance is something I argue against. I'm not saying that because he was 1st in sacks and top 5 in hurries among DTs that he is having a good or great season....but "non-factor"? Please. The other day you tried to paint a picture by saying he was way down the list in the league in hurries, which was comparing him to every player who rushes the passer. How about just compare him to DTs to paint a more accurate portrait. By the very standards you hold McCoy to with stats you have posted here, Geno Atkins and Suh would be classified as "non-factors" as well.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.