Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• One Buc Nation

Participant

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-jets-mailbag-mo-wilkerson-qb-glennon-trade-talk-article-1.2576427?utm_content=bufferdbe54&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitterThe only draw back is paying two DTs big time money. It is intriguing though.Thoughts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t Wilkerson play 3-4 DE for the jets?

Please wait…

• zed

Didn't Wilkerson play 3-4 DE for the jets?

I believe so, but im sure he would slide inside to the NT spot next to McCoy.He's 6'4" 315lbs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe so, but im sure he would slide inside to the NT spot next to McCoy.He's 6'4" 315lbs.

You guys are assuming we are sticking with the same defense.  Willing to bet we see a lot more 3 down lineman sets this year compared to the last many.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

You guys are assuming we are sticking with the same defense.  Willing to bet we see a lot more 3 down lineman sets this year compared to the last many.

For sure on this^.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not.  I have no idea how they'll line up.  But, if the get Wilkerson, they should keep him where he plays well...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not.  I have no idea how they'll line up.  But, if the get Wilkerson, they should keep him where he plays well...

I think you could get him and McCoy on either side of Spence/Melton/McDonald in the middle and have a pretty solid group with Ayers/1st round draft pick coming off an edge.  So, I say get him and scheme around him and McCoy.

Please wait…

• zed

Melton is gone, i believe as it stands there are only 3 DTs on the roster. McCoy, Spence and McDonald.

Please wait…

• zed

I don't doubt they'd use him as a 34 DE when they line up in those fronts. But if hes on the field in a 43, he will most definitely play in the middle.

Please wait…

• CapnFear

Participant

Agree with most that he would most likely play the middle.  Both are only signed through the year, so not sure we would be able to get anything else out of the J-E-T-S for Glennon but believe that there is a pretty big price difference for the 2.  Also, not sure they want to go into the season having to choose between Geno and Bryce Petty as their starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Melton is gone, i believe as it stands there are only 3 DTs on the roster. McCoy, Spence and McDonald.

Forgot he was on a 1 year deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree with most that he would most likely play the middle.  Both are only signed through the year, so not sure we would be able to get anything else out of the J-E-T-S for Glennon but believe that there is a pretty big price difference for the 2.  Also, not sure they want to go into the season having to choose between Geno and Bryce Petty as their starter.

Good point.  So it basically boils down to: the compensatory pick we would get versus resigning Wilkerson to a monster deal ? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Said this a couple of times.  The defense this year is going to be something none of us have ever seen in Tampa before (at least being played by the Buc's).  And really the only thing we know, is that it won't be the same old same old.  So you are right, we should not be thinking of players to fit in the same scheme that we have been used too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy and Wilkerson would be our better version of Marcus Stroud and John Henderson.  I could work with that.

Please wait…

• zed

McCoy and Wilkerson would be our better version of Marcus Stroud and John Henderson.  I could work with that.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. The front 4 would be SIGNIFICANTLY improved and give us a ton of options as far as personnel and packages.

Please wait…

• bucsnbr1

Participant

Licht will probably trade Glennon on draft day if it happens. Offers will only go up and we can probably get more then one year of Wilkerson if somebody gets desperate. With Colin Kapernick and a few other QBs still lurking teams haven’t reached desperation yet.

Please wait…

• zed

Well the ideal thing would be to trade for him and then sign him to an extension before he hits free agency so he doesnt use the free agent market against us and drive up the price.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just hard to sell me on paying big money for a DT who doesn’t really play DT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you can get a second round pick, I think that is better than trading Glennon for a guy who is coming off a leg break in the last game of the year who wants to get paid.  That Olivier Vernon contract is going to make it difficult to negotiate a deal with him. 

Please wait…

• CadillacPower24_2006

Participant

http://www.inquisitr.com/2925022/nfl-rumors-josh-mccown-leaving-cleveland-browns-for-new-york-jets/MWould McGown to Jers ruin Glennon trade possibility?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would want Pryor instead of Wilkerson. Pryor at SS, move Banks to FS, draft Hargreaves. Now secondary has gone from worst part of team to best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.