Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• PewterReportED

Keymaster

What players could the Buccaneers target if they trade down? What teams are in a good position to trade up? PewterReport.com draft analyst Eric Dellaratta breaks it all down in this article.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9728

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thoughts, Eric.  Sammy Watkins, although likely gone by #7,  is a prime candidate for  “We’ve got to have this guy”.    If by some chance he were to fall to #7,  the Browns and Bucs are at almost identical positions that the Falcons and Browns were in the Julio Jones trade.  The Browns received a #1, #2, #4 current year, and #1, #4 the following year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thoughts, Eric.  Sammy Watkins, although likely gone by #7,  is a prime candidate for  "We've got to have this guy".    If by some chance he were to fall to #7,  the Browns and Bucs are at almost identical positions that the Falcons and Browns were in the Julio Jones trade.  The Browns received a #1, #2, #4 current year, and #1, #4 the following year.

If I were making the decision in that scenario I'd stick and pick Watkins and call it a day. To me, Watkins is one of just two elite prospects in this draft class (Clowney is the other). I think Watkins will be a top 5 selection, so I don't think the Bucs will have to make that decision.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thoughts, Eric.  Sammy Watkins, although likely gone by #7,  is a prime candidate for  "We've got to have this guy".    If by some chance he were to fall to #7,  the Browns and Bucs are at almost identical positions that the Falcons and Browns were in the Julio Jones trade.  The Browns received a #1, #2, #4 current year, and #1, #4 the following year.

If I were making the decision in that scenario I'd stick and pick Watkins and call it a day. To me, Watkins is one of just two elite prospects in this draft class (Clowney is the other). I think Watkins will be a top 5 selection, so I don't think the Bucs will have to make that decision.

Probably top 5, agreed.  I just don't see anyone else other than Watkins that would bring about the potential of  a blockbuster, Julio Jones type trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably top 5, agreed.  I just don't see anyone else other than Watkins that would bring about the potential of  a blockbuster, Julio Jones type trade.

I think Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Khalil Mack, or a quarterback make some sense as trade up targets.

Please wait…

• Mattingly23

Participant

I think the link between Mike Evans and the 49ers might be more than enough to pull off a massive trade. Your logic of them having very few needs (and available roster spots) and a huge amount of picks was sound.They would probably then trade up from 30.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think as deep as this draft is that trading down would be the ideal thing to do! Now if a player such as Sammy Watkins is there , I think you have to pull the trigger and take him. The Bucs are in need of a lot of depth and trading down would give them a lot more flexibility to improve the team as a whole. I think two players are on the teams radar at seven and the chances they slip to them at seven are slim , so I do believe a trade down to obtain more picks in inevitable. If we trade down a few spots I really like Aaron Donald a lot and think he could create some great mismatches on our defensive line and be great to incorporate in the line rotation. I also think some first round talent will  fall to the early second round and trading down to obtain more picks gives us an excellent chance to take full advantage of this. The Bucs are in an excellent position to improve the roster and I truly believe that this draft has more impact offensive players then defensive players in the first round. So as we know after watching the super bowl that defense still wins championships and I think the upper brass should use the first selection on a defensive lineman and address the offense  namely receiver in the second and third rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more I think about Donald the more I like the idea…He appears to be a stud in the making and having two studs in the middle of the line would be devastating to opponents (especially since we have the talent behind them in David, Verner and Barron). And this defence needs the insurance…Losing McCoy would mean a losing season.Get best receiver available in the 2nd, given the talent pool there will most likely be a guy there who would be a great compliment to Jackson (good in space, shifty, take it to the house WR).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see the trade value for any team to want to swap 1st round picks between spots 15-25 and give us a 2nd round pick; or really the need to do so.  Maybe a team willing to give a 3rd round pick this year and a 3rd round pick next year?  What do you think PewrerReportED ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse – one never knows what a willing motivated buyer will do – until it happens.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.