Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• PewterReportED

Keymaster

What players could the Buccaneers target if they trade down? What teams are in a good position to trade up? PewterReport.com draft analyst Eric Dellaratta breaks it all down in this article. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9728

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would love to trade back and get Donald, but if not Donald than a different DT seems like a waste. Donald is more than just a DT. He is an elite pass rusher that could play multiple spots, stay on the field for all three downs, and immediately improve our pass rush. He is a rare prospect so it makes sense imo….but taking Jernigan or any other DT that early just doesn’t add up. We have Spence  and this Clinton McDonald guy we signed is no joke. Jernigan would only play NT and come off the field on 3rd downs. I can’t see how Jernigan would make sense for us. Bad value imo.I won't even get started on Carr. Ugh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would love to trade back and get Donald, but if not Donald than a different DT seems like a waste. Donald is more than just a DT. He is an elite pass rusher that could play multiple spots, stay on the field for all three downs, and immediately improve our pass rush. He is a rare prospect so it makes sense imo....but taking Jernigan or any other DT that early just doesn't add up. We have Spence  and this Clinton McDonald guy we signed is no joke. Jernigan would only play NT and come off the field on 3rd downs. I can't see how Jernigan would make sense for us. Bad value imo.I won't even get started on Carr. Ugh.

Agreed, Donald is the only one on this list that makes sense.  If we trade back to the late teens - 20's, we could target Cooks or Beckham.  Both could possibly fit Tedford's vision.  Also in play could be the OG from UCLA, I'm not even going to try to spell his name.  Or how about if we picked Bridgewater in the middle of the first if he does slide?  I still don't think that Lovie would spend a 1st on a CB, but there will be a bunch of good ones going off of the board in the middle of the 1st as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are a solid team that needs an “elite” talent with their 1st round pick. I believe that one of Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, or Evans fills that definition. And even more exciting wold be the team taking the QB of the future at # 7. Manziel would be my choice.Who is the player that would be available at #7 that teams would come looking for? Of the players I listed, Evans and Manziel are the only ones likely to be there. And the Bucs could use either as much as any team. I am not a fan of trading one potentially elite player for two solid starters. We picked up enough solid starters in FA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus it takes two to tango.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we trade down, I hope it is in the 10-15 range and we can get either Donald, Erbon, or Evans. Besides that I feel as though it would be a waste.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading back would be a bad idea unless there is no qb’s on the board and watkins is gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading back would be a bad idea unless there is no qb's on the board and watkins is gone.

I tend to agree with this type of thinking. Although we could definitely use more picks. If they do think Carr is their guy, they would most likely have to stay in front of Cleveland's second pick. I don't see Donald getting past Dallas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading back and picking Donald would be my ideal draft scenario.  Getting a DL with the ability that Donald has put on tape and additional draft picks would go a long way to getting the Bucs set up to have a real impact in the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McDonald?? Anyway, I think Lovie would really like either Donald or Jernigan for his defense. PR has been speculating about the Carr connectuon for awhile but watching Carr I see a small time QB who beat up on some small time teams and wilted against good competition.........pass!!Players I would be looking at in a trade down scenario is:Top-10 Impact PlayersDonald.EvansMatthewsRobinsonTop-15 Explosive PlaymakersEbron.Gilbert.Top-20 Starting OLSua FiloYankeyMartinTop-25 Leftovers.Gabe JacksonShazierJordan MathewsMy best guess as to who would be worth trading back for and where.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course the Bucs want to trade down but there has to be someone willing to trade up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will do it if we can , no doubt in my mind. Target won’t be Donald though , it will be Ebron , OBJ , or Barr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More picks in this draft is a good thing.  Would love it if someone SF loved was there at #7.  They have a boat load of picks and not many open slots on their roster, its why they took two guys last year they could stash on IR. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In Madden I would trade down to about 12-14 and take Ebron. How far down we go might depend on who is willing. Ebron would do wonders for anyone we are playing at QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course the Bucs want to trade down but there has to be someone willing to trade up.

LOL....it's comical that everyone seems to overlook this tiny component....especially in a deep draft.I could see Jerry Jones throwing in some chips to trade up for a player this year...because he's Jerry....but most clear-thinking personnel guys will sit tight and hope prospects at the top of their big board are available when it's their turn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After the offseason moves, I have a lot more confidence in the FO and at least the pro scouting decisions. Do what makes sense, no reaches.  Picking as early as we are, let's not forget our second round pick has great value too.  If the draft is this deep, we could parlay that into Maybe an additional 3rd or 4th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donald may go in the top 10. Don’t move down too much if you want him. IMO, if the first six gone are Clowney, Mack, Bortles, Robinson, Matthews, Watkins – stay at 7 and take either Donald or Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

trading back would be cool if we ended up getting Donald or Evans. Im starting to like the idea of Evans on the Bucs more and more. When Vjax is done, we’d be in great shape with just adding one guy to the mix with Evans. If they somehow traded back beyond 15 then Ebron or the top OG like Yankey or whoever would be good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donald may go in the top 10. Don't move down too much if you want him. IMO, if the first six gone are Clowney, Mack, Bortles, Robinson, Matthews, Watkins - stay at 7 and take either Donald or Evans.

For sure. Gotta snag one of those guys whether we move down or not I think, provided all the players that you list are gone by our pick. I still think Donald is an elite player in this draft and Evans is borderline that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading back and picking Donald would be my ideal draft scenario.  Getting a DL with the ability that Donald has put on tape and additional draft picks would go a long way to getting the Bucs set up to have a real impact in the future.

why?? don't get me wrong Donald is a beast but we already have a beast in McCoy and solid players in Spence and Clinton.. unless Clowney or Mack are there past 10 (doubt it),  i dont think we need another DL in the top 15..the only way i would grab Donald is if we trade to the 15th slot and some how Evans, Ebron, and the top 3 QBs are gone then i would consider Donald or Barr.  for the love of god NOO to Derek Carr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL....it's comical that everyone seems to overlook this tiny component....especially in a deep draft.I could see Jerry Jones throwing in some chips to trade up for a player this year...because he's Jerry....but most clear-thinking personnel guys will sit tight and hope prospects at the top of their big board are available when it's their turn.

Nobody overlooks it. It's understood that it takes two teams to pull off a trade. It's also true that trades happen all the time in round 1 and it doesn't always involve seemingly reckless owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even with McCoy, Donald still likely plays a lot. If not subbing for McCoy, he's probably on the field with McCoy on all obvious passing downs. Nothing wrong with adding another great interior rusher. Thing that sucks about this draft is that after Clowney and Mack (assuming Mack can play DE), the 4-3 ends are not that special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are a solid team that needs an "elite" talent with their 1st round pick. I believe that one of Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, or Evans fills that definition. And even more exciting wold be the team taking the QB of the future at # 7. Manziel would be my choice.[/QUOTE]I agree. I am not trading back just so we can pick up Daquan Bowers or Sabatino Piscitelli. When you suck like we did last year, your reward should be elite talent....not just another guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless it is a massive trade with the 49ers that results in us getting half their draft, I wanna stay at 7 and take Manziel or Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are a solid team that needs an "elite" talent with their 1st round pick. I believe that one of Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, or Evans fills that definition. And even more exciting wold be the team taking the QB of the future at # 7. Manziel would be my choice.[/QUOTE]I agree. I am not trading back just so we can pick up Daquan Bowers or Sabatino Piscitelli. When you suck like we did last year, your reward should be elite talent....not just another guy.

Exactly.Fug trading down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

trading down makes sense? DOY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

49ers are stacked with talent and picks. They need a WR and a CB. the would be able to get the top CB or 2nd WR in the draft at 7.If they are targeting an elite guy, you have to take their first and a second and their first next year (for good measure.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

49ers are stacked with talent and picks. They need a WR and a CB. the would be able to get the top CB or 2nd WR in the draft at 7.If they are targeting an elite guy, you have to take their first and a second and their first next year (for good measure.)

I hear that. They woyld probably need to throw in more picks as well. Their 1st rounders are more like early 2nd rounders. They do have an earlier second and 3 third round picks.If we do that deal it would need to be at least this years 1st a 2nd two 3rds and next years 1st or 2nd. SF could make that deal and still have a pick in every round this year.All those picks dont do them any good. Every player they release gets picked up by SEA straight away for information gathering purposes.

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.