Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• Northern Rep

Participant

According to the trade value chart it would cost our 1,2, and 3 for the Colts 1, 5 and 6. If Buffalo traded up to three and Chubb dropped to four it would cost our 1,3 and 6 for Cleveland’s four overall and 7.

If the trade value chart held true in this case, at what point would you be willing to trade up for Chubb?

A. Bucs have too many holes, wouldn’t trade up no matter what
      B. Depends on FA, if other needs (CB, SS, RB, OL, DT etc) are addressed we’d have the flexibility to make a move
      C. Trade up regardless of FA. DE is our biggest need and Chubb would have a positive impact on other position groups

Trade Chart

• NotDeadYet

Participant

That would be a surprise…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A. Open to trade back not up.

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

Would trade up as high as 4, but no higher.

• pewtergirl2010

Participant

There is no reason why the BUCs can’t fill a lot of their needs through FA. We should be able to get A couple of OL, DB’S and maybe a backup RB. I like scenario of trading up to 4 and getting Chubb , that way we can keep our 2 and get a RB ( Sony; Guice or Chubb). If we were willing to move up in the 2 for a kicker , we should take a chance on moving up to get Chubb. The reality is every draft pick is a gamble. I really don’t care about keeping the lower picks 5-6 because most of those don’t make the team. I’d rather have 2-3 potentially really good to great players than 1-3 good to ok players and rest rest just camp fodder. I just don’t think we would be giving up much by losing 5, 6 or 7 rounders.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

Northern Rep
      Mar 11, 18 at 6:31 pm #1066625
      According to the trade value chart it would cost our 1,2, and 3 for the Colts 1, 5 and 6. If Buffalo traded up to three and Chubb dropped to four it would cost our 1,3 and 6 for Cleveland’s four overall and 7.

If the trade value chart held true in this case, at what point would you be willing to trade up for Chubb?

A. Bucs have too many holes, wouldn’t trade up no matter what
      B. Depends on FA, if other needs (CB, SS, RB, OL, DT etc) are addressed we’d have the flexibility to make a move
      C. Trade up regardless of FA. DE is our biggest need and Chubb would have a positive impact on other position groups

Trade Chart

—————————————————

He falls to 4 you get your ass moving and make that trade!

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

If we’re trading, it better be back.

• Vance

Participant

Don’t want to bring it up because of my big time hate for the Falcons but they made a big time gamble and it paid off . Remember the J.Jones trade . I can’t remember what the Falcons gave up but with a Jones being on the Browns roster makes a big chance in their wins and losses.

• Hank Scorpio

Participant

A.

If he falls to 4, he’s making it to 7 imo.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

The more Chubb slips if he doesn’t go top 3 the more teams will attempt to trade up and someone will.

If you’re banking on him to be there at 7 the only way that can happen is if the Browns at 4 refuse to move back because they want a QB. Same for broncos and jets. It’s possible but I don’t think likely.

• Buc45

Participant

I posted about this a week ago. I would do it. This is a franchise DE and would be a big difference maker on our line.

• Pepsi

Participant

If Chubb fell to 4 and it would take a 3rd and a 6th to move up to get him, then hell yea we do that. Im baffled by anyone who is saying no to that hyothetical. We have had the worst DEs for years, and a terrible defense for a decade. You have a chance to get a potential pro bowl caliber DE but say “nah not if it cost us an extra third round pick this year”?

• Jed

Participant

We would be in much better position for a trade up if we were in the #5 spot. Damn last win!

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Pepsi

Mar 12, 18 at 12:00 am #1066668
      If Chubb fell to 4 and it would take a 3rd and a 6th to move up to get him, then hell yea we do that. Im baffled by anyone who is saying no to that hyothetical. We have had the worst DEs for years, and a terrible defense for a decade. You have a chance to get a potential pro bowl caliber DE but say “nah not if it cost us an extra third round pick this year”?

I get what you’re saying. But, I don’t see why Cleveland would make that trade for anything less than our 1st rounder this year or next, or a combination involving this year’s 2nd or next. There’s no valuable incentive for the Browns to make that trade for anything less.

I get that DE is our biggest need, and that our pass rush has been a joke for years. But, considering the state of this team; I’d rather work a trade with the Bills that involved us snagging their two 1st rounders and their 2nd round pick. I’d take that all day over any scenario involving a trade up for Chubb.

• BucsBay

Participant

I keep talking myself out of the idea of trading up for Chubb, and then going and watching tape of him and remembering what a dog he is. Teams understand the value at that position now days. The only way I see him making it anywhere near 7 is if the QB’s are more valued than is being mocked most places. Are the Browns and Giants going to take a QB 1 and or 2?

Trading up to NY’s pick at #2 overall I’d estimate to cost this year’s 1 and 3, next years 1, and 2020’s 3. Go watch some tape of the guy and tell me why he wouldn’t be worth it and where else we are supposed to get pass rush.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Trading up to NY’s pick at #2 overall I’d estimate to cost this year’s 1 and 3, next years 1, and 2020’s 3. Go watch some tape of the guy and tell me why he wouldn’t be worth it and where else we are supposed to get pass rush.

We have…ad nauseam. At this point, it’s as productive as explaining it to a brick wall.

• BucsBay

Participant

@DonkeyHunter

Most of you guys overvalue these picks. 3 years ago now the Eagles traded up from 8 to 2 to fix their biggest weakness with the best player in the draft. 2 years later they won the Superbowl. We have the opportunity to go get the best player in this draft at our position of biggest weakness. Why shouldn’t we? Who is better in this draft? Don’t be a sissy and hide behind rhetoric like you always do.

• Pepsi

Participant

DonkeyHunter
      Mar 12, 18 at 9:50 am #1066710

I get what you’re saying. But, I don’t see why Cleveland would make that trade for anything less than our 1st rounder this year or next, or a combination involving this year’s 2nd or next. There’s no valuable incentive for the Browns to make that trade for anything less.

I get that DE is our biggest need, and that our pass rush has been a joke for years. But, considering the state of this team; I’d rather work a trade with the Bills that involved us snagging their two 1st rounders and their 2nd round pick. I’d take that all day over any scenario involving a trade up for Chubb.

I dont think itd be that easy of a trade either – swapping 7 and 4, by trading a 3rd and a 6th. If it were though, youd have to do that for Chubb. But a trade up involving our 2nd and 3rd..that would be too steep for me.

Yea I like trade with the Bills talk a lot. I also think that is wishful thinking as well though.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Pepsi
      Mar 12, 18 at 10:38 am #1066724

Yea I like trade with the Bills talk a lot. I also think that is wishful thinking as well though.

I agree. I don’t see them giving up two firsts and a second for #7. They could be in love with a QB that falls, but I don’t think it’s likely.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Pepsi

Could very well be, but I also think it’s a lot more realistic than the Chubb trade that was proposed in this thread. I mean, if that actually came to fruition, I wouldn’t be pissed if they made that move.

But, some on here, who are shouting to give up multiple 1sts, 2nds, etc. are completely and utterly clueless. Zero football acumen. Ham and eggers.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Biggs3535

I agree. I don’t see them giving up two firsts and a second for #7. They could be in love with a QB that falls, but I don’t think it’s likely.

I could absolutely see it if the Colts go Nelson or Chubb and the Giants go QB. Almost a given that the Browns go QB. If the Bills think a run starts, we are in an ideal place for them to move up. Would probably have to give our 3rd or 4th to pick up their 2nd; but there’s definitely a scenario where we trade back with them.

Even if we don’t get their 2nd, that three picks in the Top-50.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@BucsBay

Mar 12, 18 at 10:45 am #1066727

@donkeyhunter

Most of you guys overvalue these picks. 3 years ago now the Eagles traded up from 8 to 2 to fix their biggest weakness with the best player in the draft. 2 years later they won the Superbowl. We have the opportunity to go get the best player in this draft at our position of biggest weakness. Why shouldn’t we? Who is better in this draft? Don’t be a sissy and hide behind rhetoric like you always do.

Lol. You comparing a team who moved up to draft their franchise QB to one doing for a DE is as laughable as your logic of mortgaging our future drafts for one pick. Only a knob like yourself would see this as “hiding behind rhetoric”.

Now, make sure to take off your clown shoes before you go back inside. Your mom would be pissed if you tracked in all that bullshit on the freshly mopped floors.

• Biggs3535

Participant

DonkeyHunter
      Mar 12, 18 at 10:46 am #1066729

Even if we don’t get their 2nd, that three picks in the Top-50.

All of this depends on who is on the board, but I’m not sure one extra pick is worth dropping 14 slots in the first round.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Biggs3535

All of this depends on who is on the board, but I’m not sure one extra pick is worth dropping 13 slots in the first round.

Of course. I’m just basing that off of Chubb, Barkley, Nelson being off the board. If that hold up, you can definitely make the case for moving back for the extra pick. If we were able to snag their 2nd (via extra compensation) in the trade, it’s a freaking no-brainer. I would take that trade over having Chubb falling in our lap (giggity).

Right now, I’m thinking we’re standing pat and taking James.

• BucsBay

Participant

Great DE’s are just as hard to find in the draft as great QB’s and very nearly as valuable.

And as far as the clown shoes… at least I’m not a boring, rhetoric parroting, pompous square.

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

The meaningless win that the players and coaches didn’t deserve at the end of the season is proving to be pretty bad…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@BucsBay

Mar 12, 18 at 11:05 am #1066740
      very nearly as valuable.

No, they aren’t. There’s literally no position in sports more important that the QB.

And as far as the clown shoes… at least I’m not a boring, rhetoric parroting, pompous square.

You’re right. You’re a boring, zero football acumen spouting, whiny jackoff.

Don’t forget the shoes…

• Detrimental

Participant

Bucs haven’t had a chance to nab the class’ top pass rushing prospect since Gaines Adams(RIP)

I’d trade up because this has been a need for a whole DECADE. We haven’t had a consistently good DE since Simeon Rice! All that could be put to bed with acquiring Chubb’s services.

We need to spend wisely in FA and have flexibility to throw away at most 3 picks (pick 7, round 3, and 2nd or third in 2019). If a team wants more than that, then the next best option is trading down.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.