Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Trailing from behind has been the Bucs downfall by Gil Arcia June 16, 2014trailing_zps52dfffaf.gif  Depending on who you talk to or what outlet you visit, you will get different statistical views on how the Buccaneers defense fared during the 2013 season. But a lot of the issues have been an ongoing problem and those problems have been ongoing since 2009. Under two different head coaches, Tampa Bay had a 28-52 record the past five seasons. Within those five seasons the team had just one winning season and that was in 2010 when they went 10-6 under Raheem Morris. The blame fell on many things for their losing seasons but what stands out is their record when falling behind early or when their opponents scored first: 12-35. Placing them among the worst in the NFL and perhaps the most important stat of them all.This is more evidence on how the Buccaneers have struggled to get their offenses going. Never really able to muster a good offensive attack, the team’s misfortunes on offense resulted in them being unable to overcome deficits of 10, seven, and even three points at times.The current coaching staff could have seen this as one of the biggest problems which resulted in the complete overhaul of the offense — starting with the offensive line and leading into adding to the tight end and running back positions.Not all of it was the offense’s doing. Of course there were times where the Bucs may have cut the lead or mounted a comeback to where the defense was unable to keep them in the game. However, being down by just a field goal and unable to take the lead or at least tie the game fell on the offense.There is a lot of talk and optimism coming from the Buccaneers and several national pundits regarding how good the offense can now be under coordinator Jeff Tedford and quarterback Josh McCown. But it’s clear that Tampa Bay has to win football games by not only jumping out in front early and holding the lead, they have to be able to overcome any deficit — no matter how big or small that deficit may be.Follow Gil on Twitter: @GilArciaTBClink

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

We should try trailing from in front, see if that helps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So having less points than the other team is a disadvantage ??Fascinating Michealbot. You're on a roll this morning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am glad that I was not the only one to see the stupidity in that 'headline'A big fat DUH goes out the author and the OP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking the exact same comment when I read the headline.  Maybe lead from behind?  Could we do that too?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Tied from the side is an option.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tied from the side is an option.

+1 LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ve never had a strong passing attack. Sure, we’ve had flashes, but never a passing game with any kind of consistancy…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So having less points than the other team is a disadvantage ??Fascinating Michealbot. You're on a roll this morning.

Hey Michaelbot didn't write the article...although he did write that godawful headline....

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I believe mohawk man wrote the awful headline as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow…stunning that this author apparently gets paid for writing.  That was really poorly done.  Beyond the entire premise being laughably simplistic, it read like something a 4th grader might write…and not a particularly talented one at that.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Gilarcia worked for PR for about fifteen minutes or so. Maybe MC will give us the inside scoop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5FNago4.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m certainly no Freeman fan but it was nice a couple of years ago when he was on a roll and it felt like there was always a chance for us to come back. We’ve lost so many close games the last couple years that simply having a good QB could have won us…. hopefully our fortunes turn around this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought it was our lack of “clutch sacks”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m pretty sure the problem with every losing team in the history of the world is that they have less points than their opponents too often.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs downfall has been the defense blowing leads.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think our downfall was having a druggie at QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our downfall has been bad coaching. Raheem and Schiano were both jokes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our downfall has been bad coaching. Raheem and Schiano were both jokes.

This is hard to argue with and thankfully it seems as though that problem has been remedy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trailing from behind ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst title possible. I prefer to lead from behind. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

tried that vs Seattle and Arizona.....that didn't work either.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.