Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 151 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

Not looking good so far. It’s weird…

• BadabingBucs

Participant

the odds are that Trask amounts to similar careers as a Mike Glennon or Bruce Gradkowski or Chris Simms

wasn’t the best pick but when you are a stacked team, i rather have him over Ryan Griffin. I probably would have preferred defensive line there.

He will be the third stringer and give every opportunity to learn from Gabbert/Bucs Staff as he sits behind Brady for at least 2 years.

Life after Brady will be alot like life before Brady….the best we can hope for is mediocre so enjoy Brady fellow Bucs fans haha

• buc_boi

Participant

Keep on making these types of topics, Please!

Kiss of death is pretty much guaranteeing Trask will be the next Brady!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Yay more trask threads. Smh.

Mark Cook please help us!!

Oh wait.

Too soon? Sorry. Not sorry!

• obuc

Participant

What happened to Cook?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Keep on making these types of topics, Please!

Kiss of death is pretty much guaranteeing Trask will be the next Brady!

This right here.

Guy’s stock just rose significantly.

• theknees

Participant

Just doesn’t sound like he’s much into football. Not sure what to make of that.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Oh, I didn’t know Trask sounded like Trevor Lawrence. “It’s not like I need [football] for my life to be OK.” – Trevor Lawrence

• garfield

Participant

Lol, where do you get this stuff from?

• Greattimes

Participant

The knees is getting his stuff from between his cheeks, just not the ones on his face.

• theknees

Participant

They are calling him Mike Brady…

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Based on your takes, it doesn’t seem like you are either.

• JC5100

Participant

the odds are that Trask amounts to similar careers as a Mike Glennon or Bruce Gradkowski or Chris Simms

wasn’t the best pick but when you are a stacked team, i rather have him over Ryan Griffin. I probably would have preferred defensive line there.

He will be the third stringer and give every opportunity to learn from Gabbert/Bucs Staff as he sits behind Brady for at least 2 years.

Life after Brady will be alot like life before Brady….the best we can hope for is mediocre so enjoy Brady fellow Bucs fans haha

Trask is in a better situation than all of those players. Glennon and Simms were failed by the team, Gradkowski was an undersized 6th round pick who wasn’t supposed to be playing.

Trask is going to be surrounded with a legit supporting cast and developed properly by the organization.

• theknees

Participant

Pewter Report stated in their latest report that Trask looked like QB4 out there. What an embarrassing pick.

• buc_boi

Participant

Imagine the embarrassment of taking a QB4 with the first overall pick.

• theknees

Participant

You mean the QB who holds every bucs record? Yeah, you should go delete this app, crawl back in your mom’s womb, and try life over again. Really dumbass take.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You mean the QB who holds every bucs record? Yeah, you should go delete this app, crawl back in your mom’s womb, and try life over again. Really dumbass take.

68-year-old Brady walks in and pissed all over the single season TD record Winston set.

Oh and helped lead the team to a Lombardi.

Enjoy watching your boy having to fight for a starting job against a gadget TE.

• theknees

Participant

Back to the topic. Trask looked like hell in practice. Shocker…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Should have drafted QMinerz. Or so Elbe on the defensive line again.

Such a short sighted, illogical thing to do during a Super Bowl run. You guys act like they grow on trees. We’re Buc fans…you would think some of you would realize this and understand how irrelevant and absolutely useless this selection of Kyle was…

A backup who isn’t flashing, has limited arm talent, is slow footed, and reads a field too long…Licht drafted a turd here.

So many ducking reasons why that was a short sighted, ignorant pick. Kyle may never start a game in the NFL. I’m willing to put small money on that.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, Licht too often drafts players based on what he wants to happen. Not based in tape or reality. Trask is just not very good and that’s not going to change.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Yeah, Licht too often drafts players based on what he wants to happen. Not based in tape or reality. Trask is just not very good and that’s not going to change.

This all but guarantees Trask’s ticket to Canton is already punched.

Good stuff.

• theknees

Participant

And, I am hearing that shaky doesn’t even begin to describe how piss poor he looked.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

And, I am hearing that shaky doesn’t even begin to describe how piss poor he looked.

I mean, it could be worse.

His first NFL pass could be a pick-6.

• theknees

Participant

Looks like Trask won’t ever throw a pass in a real game. Today was a disaster.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Looks like Trask won’t ever throw a pass in a real game. Today was a disaster.

Considering your track record of player evaluations and predictions, specifically QB’s, there’s zero reason to worry about Trask at this juncture.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Wasted pick. Plain and fuggin simple.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Trask has what it takes above the shoulders, but not below the neck.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

for a team that is “ALL IN” on the next 2 years, yes, it was a dumb pick.

much rather have focused on defensive line or offensive line.

that being said, I’m rooting for Trask beyond belief but doesn’t mean we have to agree with everything Jason Licht does.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, he’s a robot, which is great in college. He’s not super smart nor super athletic. Weird af pick.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Boid Fink wrote:

for a team that is “ALL IN” on the next 2 years, yes, it was a dumb pick.

much rather have focused on defensive line or offensive line.

that being said, I’m rooting for Trask beyond belief but doesn’t mean we have to agree with everything Jason Licht does.

100%. Though Hainsey & Tryon somewhat made up for it.

Hainsey is being used at C thus far. He may be the starter next year if we lose Jensen.

Tryon will play early and often. Great situation they’re both in. Great talent & coaching around them to learn from.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• theknees

Participant

Day 3, he just looks like he doesn’t want to be there.

• Roy

Participant

Oh? What did you see happen?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Probably can’t stop thinking about pile-driving your old lady. It’s well documented at this point.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

i heard Trask was wearing a mask. what a sorry excuse for a man

• Roy

Participant

i heard Trask was wearing a mask. what a sorry excuse for a man

Yes but you can still see his eyes. And I’m sure Knees was standing there right next to Trask so he could get a good look at his face to see the “I just don’t want to be here” expression. Right, Knees? I’m defending you. Can you back me up here? As a side note, the fact that they let fans in the practice huddles at training camp is a little concerning to me though. I’m all for giving fans access to the team, but come on.

• The Golden God

Participant

At this point I hope this entire message board is one elaborate hidden camera show.

theknees in particular should be waving at his computer camera, iphone, ipad, or whatever god-forsaken device he owns that has the misfortune of recording his comments and search history.

This dude probably turns off his safe search and looks up ‘Jameis Winston’ before bed every night.

And no, theknees, we don’t want to know what those search results look like, although I know you could probably give one long-ass, detailed ted-talk on the subject.

• theknees

Participant

Wow. He sucked again today. Weird…

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

So you’re saying we got another Winston?

Weird…

• BadabingBucs

Participant

do you not work? how can you be going to all these training day sessions?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Wasted pick. Compound fed by the fact the Bucs are in title Conte room and could have used key developmental depth at some spots.

That and he is not a great prospect with any outstanding skills for this level. He isn’t Tom Brady. He is Kyle.

Such a boneheaded pick.

• TampaManiac

Participant

Its pretty obvisous people are calling him a bust before he even takes a live snap based on College teams they dont like. But keep going, its entertaining to laugh at you guys taking it personally.

Hopefully Brady stays for a for more years and you guys can fight for years on end. Just like fans did from ghe other College team that half the fanbase hates.

• Boid Fink

Participant

That’s why it was a stupid ass pick. I don’t give AF about UF, or FSU. I do care about the Bucs, and if Brady plays two orthree more years, the pick is even dumber. Should have drafted Minerz. Someone who might make a difference. Instead of throwing that pick away on a hack who threw it to the best tight end ever and a TAC machine in To RT. Just a silly pick. Stupid.

Its pretty obvisous people are calling him a bust before he even takes a live snap based on College teams they dont like. But keep going, its entertaining to laugh at you guys taking it personally.

Hopefully Brady stays for a for more years and you guys can fight for years on end. Just like fans did from ghe other College team that half the fanbase hates.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Ummm… why is there a dedicated thread for Trask? I thought we all knew he’s a project QB and be redshirting a year or three. Who Trask is now isn’t who he will be into the future. That’s why we have Blaine and Griffin still around.

This thread just a waste of binary bits and bandwidths. lol

• kenntak

Participant

I hope Trask does not come to this site. Multiple threads calling him a horrible pick and a bust prior to his first season–he might suffer traumatic mental stress from seeing this, lol.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Not as bad a waste as Trask was a pick. Should have drafted someone else who may co tribute. Trask was a low ceiling waste.

Ummm… why is there a dedicated thread for Trask? I thought we all knew he’s a project QB and be redshirting a year or three. Who Trask is now isn’t who he will be into the future. That’s why we have Blaine and Griffin still around.

• theknees

Participant

I’m hearing he may not make the cut. What a abject disaster this is already and we are only in week one.

• Roy

Participant

I think its a great idea for the Traskers to have a special thread just for those with a fixation on this player.

• Boid Fink

Participant

For a second round investment, haven’t heard a peep about him. Except a few blurbs about “ rough outing…learning the ropes”. This was such a bad pick…and you all KNOW it.

• kenntak

Participant

Ok, even assuming it ends up being a bad pick, why do people have to continually harp on it this early in the guy’s career? Venting is one thing, but this is becoming obsessive, lol.

• seekpar

Participant

TRASK LIVING RENT-FREE IN A BUNCH OF HEADS HERE!

• BucHarbour

Participant

This crap is hilarious. Despite it being clear that he’s making plays, just suffering from NFL rookie mistakes, he’s still a wasted pick. No. Not at all. You pick a guy like this before you need him so he can learn from these mistakes BEFORE he has to step onto the field during a meaningful game. It is always better to have time to develop a QB before you have to send him out there. Every time we pick a high rated QB, we send him out immediately, where he gets rattled and develops bad habits and ends up moving on. For the first time we actually did this the RIGHT way. Pick him when you can afford to sit it for a year or two, or even three. Let him learn behind the best before he’s under the gun.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Venting is one thing, but this is becoming obsessive, lol.

Obsessive is an understatement at this point.

• Boid Fink

Participant

What a crappy selection. Bucs are in a title run, so let’s use a second rounder on a three year developmental backup who won’t sniff a field in two or three years, if ever.

Waste. Gator honk chomp chomp waste.

• BucHarbour

Participant

The roster is loaded. They didn’t need anything but depth. They had a chance to get a QB while they didn’t need one, which the smart teams do. And it has nothing to do with the school he went to, but keep making it that way.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Awful pick. They should have went for depth at a position that will be utilized, and also as a contingency plan for when our free agents bounce. Simple really…have to think a little deeper than “Trask is a developmental project…he will needs time…”. Blah. By then the Bucs will be clawing at the bottom again. Trask was and is a wasted selection. You gator honks just stop it. This is a Bucs site.

The roster is loaded. They didn’t need anything but depth. They had a chance to get a QB while they didn’t need one, which the smart teams do. And it has nothing to do with the school he went to, but keep making it that way.

• bucshot420

Participant

Not saying trask will be another Aaron Rodgers, but was A Rod a wasted pick since he sat behind Favre for a few years as a “project” before seeing any live action ?

• buc_boi

Participant

I know I talked this much shit about Jameis Winston, but at-least I waited for him to fuck up before I did.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No. Clearly he wasn’t. Are you comparing Trask to Rodgers? Lol! Different prospects. Rodgers “big” flaw was holding the ball by his ears running Tedfords offense. Trask isn’t nearly the arm talent or sneaky athletic talent that Rodgers is. Also, Favre was a waffler. Constantly threatening or contemplating retirement after every season…Bucs are in a title hunt. Very important times. Wasting a second rounder on a blah qb was stupid. He isn’t even a specimen of any sort. Nothing he does is elite, or very hood.

Not saying trask will be another Aaron Rodgers, but was A Rod a wasted pick since he sat behind Favre for a few years as a “project” before seeing any live action ?

• Boid Fink

Participant

No. You didn’t.

I know I talked this much shit about Jameis Winston, but at-least I waited for him to fuck up before I did.

• buc_boi

Participant

No i didn’t what?

• BucHarbour

Participant

Awful pick. They should have went for depth at a position that will be utilized, and also as a contingency plan for when our free agents bounce. Simple really…have to think a little deeper than “Trask is a developmental project…he will needs time…”. Blah. By then the Bucs will be clawing at the bottom again. Trask was and is a wasted selection. You gator honks just stop it. This is a Bucs site.

Oh please. Has nothing to do with his school. None. And just what “depth” were they going to get? They needed DL depth and got one in the first. Most of the rest of the DL talent was sub-par at best. The Bucs aren’t going to just explode in three years, as most of their talent is young and tied up. They’ll keep drafting DL to fill that hole going forward as needed. This team has solid back-ups pretty much everywhere, despite “wasting” a pick on Trask. I think he just lives rent free in your head. What happens if he becomes the starter in 2 or 3 years and does very well? Are you going to keep bitching about him being a wasted pick? Who could we have gotten that would have made a difference this year at the end of the second round?

• theknees

Participant

Another shitty day for Trask. Ouch

• Boid Fink

Participant

Don’t make me tell you who the Bucs could have or should have drafted. There were plenty of options. Plenty. When considering free agency next year, QMinerz may have been a huge help in keeping the line solid and cheap while the cap implications grow. Trask had one great throw today. Yeah that’s great. But that doesn’t take away from the fact this was a bad pick, and poorly thought out in a title run. Guys get hurt. If Brady gets hurt the Bucs are screwed. But it wouldn’t hurt to have offensive line depth, even more wouldn’t hurt. Especially quality backups with high ceilings, unlike Trask.

Oh please. Has nothing to do with his school. None. And just what “depth” were they going to get? They needed DL depth and got one in the first. Most of the rest of the DL talent was sub-par at best. The Bucs aren’t going to just explode in three years, as most of their talent is young and tied up. They’ll keep drafting DL to fill that hole going forward as needed. This team has solid back-ups pretty much everywhere, despite “wasting” a pick on Trask. I think he just lives rent free in your head. What happens if he becomes the starter in 2 or 3 years and does very well? Are you going to keep bitching about him being a wasted pick? Who could we have gotten that would have made a difference this year at the end of the second round?

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Kyle Trask is already a better QB than Blaine Gabbert. It’s ok to bash rookies, I do it all the time. They have a lot to prove. Go Bucs!

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Trask will be measured by his performance in the preseason games. Hopefully he can grasp the offense well enough by then. If you don’t expect much from him this year, you won’t be so disappointed.

• TCB2W!

Participant

TRASK LIVING RENT-FREE IN A BUNCH OF HEADS HERE!

For certain, I think Boid is spiraling at this point.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by TCB2W!.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Don’t make me tell you who the Bucs could have or should have drafted. There were plenty of options. Plenty. When considering free agency next year, QMinerz may have been a huge help in keeping the line solid and cheap while the cap implications grow. Trask had one great throw today. Yeah that’s great. But that doesn’t take away from the fact this was a bad pick, and poorly thought out in a title run. Guys get hurt. If Brady gets hurt the Bucs are screwed. But it wouldn’t hurt to have offensive line depth, even more wouldn’t hurt. Especially quality backups with high ceilings, unlike Trask.

So you wanted us to draft a center Quinn Meinerz 34 picks earlier than he was in the second round when it seems our 3rd round pick is being groomed for center? Talk about a wasted pick!

• Boid Fink

Participant

You’re a clown if that is your vapid post. Trask is a terrible pick and a significantly worse value for several reasons before Minerz. Anyone can bust, but at least mine for talent that is going to help chase a title, and keep future salary cap implications in check. You guys are gator chomp honks. Get over it. This is a Bucs site. Not a gator honk site.

So you wanted us to draft a center Quinn Meinerz 34 picks earlier than he was in the second round when it seems our 3rd round pick is being groomed for center? Talk about a wasted pick!

• seekpar

Participant

Your hate and disdain for UF Gators is almost palpable. Almost as much as your hate for the 2nd round pick. Give it a rest man, you’re going to have a heart attack.

• BucHarbour

Participant

You know what’s really funny, I hate the Semi-holes. But when we drafted Brooks and Dunn, I was delighted. I saw how good they were. Brooks is my favorite Buc of all time despite his sin of playing for Free Shoes University (sorry, couldn’t help it). Also liked Brad Johnson coming here. There are plenty of Gators I would never want to see on this team, including plenty of UF QB’s. Has nothing to do with their school. Trask has talent, and the ability to read defenses better than most. He came here where he’ll need a PHD in defense reading to get past our defense, but that’s good. It also takes time. He is winning battles against our defense at times. Even Brady gets picked by our guys (they’re kind of good if you haven’t heard). And I don’t won’t this team to be looking for a QB when Brady hangs it up. I want the next guy to come of the bench and perform. Giving him the extra year or two to learn helps tremendously.

Let’s be honest here, if Brady manages to help us win again this year, the odds that his wife gets him to retire go up dramatically. 2023 is not guaranteed. Plus, what happens if he has a career ending injury this year? We’ve got nobody groomed for next season other than Blaine Gabbart. Yeah. Blaine Gabbart. This was a perfect year to grab one, no matter how many times you say it’s a wasted pick.

• Greattimes

Participant

I watched both Ohio State and the Gators against Alabama. Justin Fields looked lost, confused and baffled the whole game. Trask on the other hand almost led the Gators back against Alabama, giving the tide the biggest scare of their National Championship Season. Trask is clearly the better QB between the two.

• theknees

Participant

Trask aint the guy. Probably already time to send him walking. odd…

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Why are we even discussing the third string QB?

it was a stupid pick as i’m hoping Brady plays until 50 with us (assuming he plays like he did last year)

They drafted Trask because he’s better to groom than Ryan Griffin and isn’t a threat to Brady (ha, like any rookie would be) Odds that he is the starter post Brady is about 10% to be honest.

the Bucs had the luxury of being intoxicated at this years draft and to do whatever the hell they pleased, i.e. draft a third string QB, a kick returner in rounds 2 and 4.

We are stacked

• Boid Fink

Participant

Lol! Great sample size. And Trask was bad today. Should have been pick 6’d.

I watched both Ohio State and the Gators against Alabama. Justin Fields looked lost, confused and baffled the whole game. Trask on the other hand almost led the Gators back against Alabama, giving the tide the biggest scare of their National Championship Season. Trask is clearly the better QB between the two.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yes it is a wasted pick. If Brady gets hurt, the team will win around 8-9 games. But Trask won’t be seeing the field, and the Bucs would go hunting for another FA QB worth a damn. Trask was and is a shortsighted, dumbassed selection for many reasons. He offers literally nothing.

You know what’s really funny, I hate the Semi-holes. But when we drafted Brooks and Dunn, I was delighted. I saw how good they were. Brooks is my favorite Buc of all time despite his sin of playing for Free Shoes University (sorry, couldn’t help it). Also liked Brad Johnson coming here. There are plenty of Gators I would never want to see on this team, including plenty of UF QB’s. Has nothing to do with their school. Trask has talent, and the ability to read defenses better than most. He came here where he’ll need a PHD in defense reading to get past our defense, but that’s good. It also takes time. He is winning battles against our defense at times. Even Brady gets picked by our guys (they’re kind of good if you haven’t heard). And I don’t won’t this team to be looking for a QB when Brady hangs it up. I want the next guy to come of the bench and perform. Giving him the extra year or two to learn helps tremendously.

Let’s be honest here, if Brady manages to help us win again this year, the odds that his wife gets him to retire go up dramatically. 2023 is not guaranteed. Plus, what happens if he has a career ending injury this year? We’ve got nobody groomed for next season other than Blaine Gabbart. Yeah. Blaine Gabbart. This was a perfect year to grab one, no matter how many times you say it’s a wasted pick.

• buc_boi

Participant

I must say, Boid is doing one hell of a job filling in for nobody.

The similarities are remarkable

• BucHarbour

Participant

Boid must wake up to nightmares involving Trask. Clearly living rent free in his head at this point. Quite frankly the only pick I ever failed to root for was Winston for obvious reasons. That’s it. Even players I thought would bomb, I’d at least root for hoping for them to make something of our pick (or FA pick-up). Actually, there was Pittman. I thought of him as a wife beater, but he did a lot of things to work on his issues, so I gave him some slack. But railing against a guy like Trask is just ridiculous. But it makes for great forum banter!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Sorry if I hate wasting second round selections. Your bad.

• kenntak

Participant

Let’s combine the covid and Trask threads. We can talk about the merits of Trask getting the vaccine.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Let’s combine the covid and Trask threads. We can talk about the merits of Trask getting the vaccine.

lol trask is such a bitch, he gets blood clots when vaccinated haha

• TCB2W!

Participant

I am not saying it may be a wasted pick. I went to University of South Carolina, so no I am not a “gator honk.” If you said Christian Barmore, Landon Dickerson, or Teven Jenkins I would be okay I see that not Quinn Meinerz at 64! Heck almost every scout had Hainesey higher than Meinerz and I am sure you would be bitching if we took him at 64 which was my point. You really need to get control of your mental health issues.

Quinn Meinerz

• Boid Fink

Participant

You’re the one projecting…don’t like my opinion? Too fucking bad. I would have taken any of those dudes before Kyle garbage can Trask. Wasted selection. Keep whining about me whining. It’s a good look on you.

I am not saying it may be a wasted pick. I went to University of South Carolina, so no I am not a “gator honk.” If you said Christian Barmore, Landon Dickerson, or Teven Jenkins I would be okay I see that not Quinn Meinerz at 64! Heck almost every scout had Hainesey higher than Meinerz and I am sure you would be bitching if we took him at 64 which was my point. You really need to get control of your mental health issues.

Quinn Meinerz

• Boid Fink

Participant

Hainsey is banged up already. Should have drafted QMeinerz over that terrible QB selection. Watch…in a few years you guys who defend this pick or are even ok with it will fade into the bushes. Depth was a better idea. Trask? Jesus that makes me smh every time I think about it. So dumb.

• Greattimes

Participant

Another day, another I hate Trask post by Boid Fink. He needs to consult professional help with his “I hate Trask” obsession.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You seem to like to follow it though. So who’s worse?

Another day, another I hate Trask post by Boid Fink. He needs to consult professional help with his “I hate Trask” obsession.

• Pennywise

Participant

I’m guessing boid is just a kid , too irrational to be a grown man , so I don’t take him serious .

• Boid Fink

Participant

If that’s the case, I’m assuming you are mentally handicapped.

I’m guessing boid is just a kid , too irrational to be a grown man , so I don’t take him serious .

• seekpar

Participant

Hopefully Trask is vaccinated so at least he will last until we can see if he lives up to the potential the FO saw in him.

• kenntak

Participant

Yes, an unvaccinated Trask could be a real detriment.

• theknees

Participant

He’s just having as bad a camp as a rookie can have. Hard to believe. I think we are only weeks away from him being moved to tight end…

• kenntak

Participant

theknees, I am being serious, not sarcastic. Do you have links to film on him? I want to try to evaluate how he is doing.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

theknees, I am being serious, not sarcastic. Do you have links to film on him? I want to try to evaluate how he is doing.

It’s part of his shtick.

There’s never been a poster more wrong with their football takes/predictions than @thekneesgottajabooamericasqb10lbbass.

• garfield

Participant

Can’t be any worse than Jameis’ first camp, where he was tossing INTs left and right abs then translated it into preseason games. Lol @ the Jameis fanboy judging any QB on their first training camp when his dude was beyond horrendous in his.

• theknees

Participant

At least Jameis was getting some snaps. Trask either plays like shit or is on the sidelines with his thumb in his ass. It’s weird…

• Biggs3535

Participant

At least Jameis was getting some snaps

Speaking of the interception machine:

• bucshot420

Participant

I know boid is going to be negative no matter what, but to say that at least Jameis at least got snaps his rookie camp, where trask’s reps are limited is a cop out. Jameis’ competition at the time was Luke freakin McCown, and an already shell shocked Mike Glennon, of throw in that Jameis was a #1 overall pick and of course he was going to get reps. I’m okay with trask getting mental reps while learning from Brady and Gabbert(who’s been in this system forever). Let him take mental reps his first year and get some field 2 work in practice, then next year we can have a better grasp of where he is as a player

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by bucshot420.

• theknees

Participant

Trask aint the guy. Try not to personalize it. It’s certainly not your fault.

• theknees

Participant

Trask is listed as the 4th team QB. After one month of practice this is………..not good.

It’s weird…

• Pennywise

Participant

Arians had this to say about Trask:
      “He was outstanding in every snap he had today.

• Pennywise

Participant

Outstanding per the HC , it’s weird

• Greattimes

Participant

What is really weird is how the knees and boid are wrong on just about everything.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Trask is listed as the 4th team QB. After one month of practice this is………..not good.

It’s weird…

The depth chart at this stage is more of a respect thing, i.e. putting a veteran like Griffin ahead of rookie but if a scenario of a million chances, probably 999,999 times the roster consist of Brady, Gabbert, and Trask assuming all are healthy.

same thing with RB – Jones ahead of Fournette. That was what it was for most of the season last year but it will be a battle for the spot and likely both see a decent amount of snaps in the regular season

• Pennywise

Participant

Per jbf today

Trask connects with Josh Pearson along the backline for a score.

* Trask is now working with the big boys. He hits Evans for a score and connects with Godwin on a crossing pattern from left to right, just inside the goal line.

Trask connects with Tyler Johnson deep down the right side.

• Greattimes

Participant

Sounds like Trask is having an outstanding day.

• theknees

Participant

Not good…

• Greattimes

Participant

Not good for you. Trask’s performance in practice makes all your predictions on Trask’s ability to play in the NFL look shameful.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You wish. I’m right a ton. What’s funny is how insignificant your posts are. Free from insight and balls.

What is really weird is how the knees and boid are wrong on just about everything.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Some of you are clearly gator homer honk honks, which is fine, but this is a Bucs board, and the Bucs should have drafted a backup safety, lineman on either side, or even another corner to develop. Trask is a terrible pick for many reasons as I have divulged. Contingency for the linemen when salary cap issues become an issue (soon). He won’t see a field for years, so ROi is absolutely worthless in a short window for more titles when attrition becomes a huge factor. Ask the Chiefs or Packers at the end of the year how much they missed their linemen. Bucs got lucky to stay injury free. Always better to be lucky than good.

Trask was and will be a bad pick. He is not Brady, he is a slow armed, goofy footed beach baller.

• garfield

Participant

Outstanding in practice, it’s weird.

• Boid Fink

Participant

What’s weird is the selection of this developmental project who most likely will never start a game, this is awful considering the circumstance. A super bowl is more important than fourth string developmental backup QB project.

• garfield

Participant

What’s weird is the selection of this developmental project who most likely will never start a game, this is awful considering the circumstance. A super bowl is more important than fourth string developmental backup QB project.

He’s only fourth string because he is a rookie who has never played a snap in the NFL and has to earn it. When Arians says he’s been outstanding you believe it because he doesn’t sugar coat anything.

He’ll be moved up the depth chart by the end of the preseason, believe it.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah. When they ditch Griffin, who will sign with the Saints and divulge the playbook info. And Griff is liked by Payton anyway. Way to move the goalposts in my rationale though. This was a short sighted signing that is absolutely not helping the Bucs in their quest for a title. He provides absolutely NOTHING for this team that wants another ring. Could have used more depth in defense or the offensive line. Hainsley is already banged up and they were forced to sign Watford back. Should have drafted Minerz. Or safety depth, especially since Whitehead is already banged up again. Trask was a shit pick. Screw UF, if that’s why you like him as a selection. Just a stupid ass pick.

He’s only fourth string because he is a rookie who has never played a snap in the NFL and has to earn it. When Arians says he’s been outstanding you believe it because he doesn’t sugar coat anything.

He’ll be moved up the depth chart by the end of the preseason, believe it.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Boid, those of us who like Trask keep telling you why. You just aren’t willing to listen. I don’t like Trask because he was a Gator (oh, sure, it’s like icing on the cake, but if they had picked up Franks, I would have thought it was a wasted pick). I, and others, like him because of the way he plays, especially considering how little time he’s spent starting in football. You can see he has a lot of upside for growth and is already able to make great reads and throws, and knows how to slide around and escape pressure at times, which he did on a couple of occasions last night. He had some brilliant throws dropped last night and was just a little off on the timing of some open deep bombs, which clearly showed he has the strength to get the ball down field. We have depth at pretty much every position, especially after this draft, so he was a great pick up. This is always the best time to get a QB. You can see that they don’t have to rush him. Now it’s time for him to start getting Griffin’s snaps and start letting him have more time with better receivers who can actually get open and catch those nice passes of his.

• RudeGuy

Participant

I don’t think I will take QB talent advice from “theknees”. His recent history on QBs is he loved Winston ( give him a new contract) and Brady’s arm was shot regarding the deep ball. Maybe he thought he was on a Saints board when posting his comments. He would have been spot on there. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He’s a Jameis homer. His cred is shit.

I don’t think I will take QB talent advice from “theknees”. His recent history on QBs is he loved Winston ( give him a new contract) and Brady’s arm was shot regarding the deep ball. Maybe he thought he was on a Saints board when posting his comments. He would have been spot on there. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

• Donkey

Participant

So what I got from Arians press conference was he liked what he saw from Trask and was pretty disappointed with Griffen. Trask will be 3rd stringer very soon.

• Greattimes

Participant

It was always the plan for Trask to be the 3rd string QB for the 2021 season. The Bucs planned to have Gabbert and Griffen battle it out for the backup QB. The loser of that battle will most likely be cut. Trask will still contribute to the team effort by emulating opposing teams QB’s for the Buc defense.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Griffin needs to go. But his knowledge of the playbook is concerning…Saints will sign him.

Side note: Winston is still lol.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Good luck having him emulate anyone. Who the hell is this kid emulating to make him with such a high selection ina run fir a title? You can seriously…seriously say he was a better pick than a lineman in either side? Or a backup safety? A high injury rate spot?

What is more valuable? Developing this kid or securing a chance fir another title?

Don’t be stupid fellas. This was a shot pick. Garbage. He is nothing special. You are creating bullshit hype and I see it.

It was always the plan for Trask to be the 3rd string QB for the 2021 season. The Bucs planned to have Gabbert and Griffen battle it out for the backup QB. The loser of that battle will most likely be cut. Trask will still contribute to the team effort by emulating opposing teams QB’s for the Buc defense.

• kenntak

Participant

I was pleasantly surprised by his poise. His arm strength was the biggest concern, but that looks sufficient. He showed some touch, and dropped a nice long pass to the receiver, who should have stayed in bounds. Give the guy time to develop, Josh Allen was bad his first season.

Now Griffin really disappointed me, some bad decisions and bad throws–and he obviously has NFL experience.

Boid may end up being correct, or incorrect (hopefully the latter!). I am going to be more optimistic for now; and by the way, I am not a Gators fan.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by kenntak.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Kenntak spot on and not a Gators fan either

• Boid Fink

Participant

BuT tHaT gAmE aGaInSt AlAbAmA…

Jesus Christ what a waste of a pick. Should have drafted Minerz. Or a backup safety or defensive lineman. What a horrible pick.

The fumble with no one around was very Jameis like. So we’re the multiple overthrow picks and the standing in the pocket and patting the ball for 6 eons was predictable like I said.

This kid is backup for life. Another swing and miss.

• Boid Fink

Participant

His one yard scramble with an open lane from footwork was hilariously slow as well. But that fumble off of play action with nobody around was hilarious. A second rounder when they need depth?

This is a horrible pick for many reasons. The best one being Trask looks like shit. Should have drafted a lineman. Any one.

His deep ball overthrows were Jameis to DeSean like. Really bad.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Triggered are still gonna’ triggered…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Man he was bad. And your response indicates you are triggered. You guys really don’t know how this works do you? Lolz.

He looked like complete shit. Deal with it. And depth is clearly an issue.

Shit pick as well for many reasons.

During a title run as well. Compounds the issue if you are a Bucs fan, and not a gator honk honk chomp chomp homer. Fug UF.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Man he was bad. And your response indicates you are triggered. You guys really don’t know how this works do you? Lolz.

He looked like complete shit. Deal with it. And depth is clearly an issue.

Shit pick as well for many reasons.

During a title run as well. Compounds the issue if you are a Bucs fan, and not a gator honk honk chomp chomp homer. Fug UF.

I won’t judge Trask until it’s his time to take over. Hopefully he’ll be ready when the time comes

• Swash

Participant

Trask looked like shit, but in his second preseason game. Meh.. not worried.

• Boid Fink

Participant

His performance was embarrassing. And that is putting it mildly.

He looked not even close to being worth the pick. He is a fourth round developmental type. Bucs should have drafted more linemen.

Stop being gator homers. On a Bucs site. And expect me to give a shit about UF.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You guys really don’t know how this works do you?

You’re right. My bad.

Triggered bitches are gonna trigger.

There, I fixed it.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, he was/is shite……against players who wont make the team. Really fucking stupid pick.

• Pennywise

Participant

“I really like where Kyle’s at,” Bruce Arians says of rookie QB Kyle Trask, saying he’s making good progress.

Per Auman

• Greattimes

Participant

But we have the 2 consummate experts on NFL talent on this thread (Knees & Boid) who have an uncounted number of Championships between them. Surely you don’t trust the words of Arians over the 2 worlds preeminent experts.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Did you see the ridiculous effort he put out there last night? Nothing about that screams talent at all. None of it. He is inaccurate and a walking turnover. Very Jameis like. The fumble when running clear was about as lame as it gets. And he took off for a scramble and made it a whole 1 yard, all I saw was a slower version of Brad Johnson. God…what a shitty pick. If you guys don’t see that…you are blind. Bucs need depth but let’s draft a three year backup project. Jesus Christ. Awful choice.

But we have the 2 consummate experts on NFL talent on this thread (Knees & Boid) who have an uncounted number of Championships between them. Surely you don’t trust the words of Arians over the 2 worlds preeminent experts.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Did you guys see when he had a clean pocket, stepped into his throw…and the ball quacked as soon as it left his mitts.

Between that (no touch duck pass) and the no touch fumble, I wonder if Trask has weak, baby hands?

Meanwhile, the backup offensive line and backup linebackers look like they have rigor mortis. They are a bunch of stiffs. That is why Trask was a wasted pick. That and he is a fourth round project at best.

The Bucs need to trade Trask for a backup lineman or linebacker. Someone has got to be as stupid as Gump to do this…

• Pennywise

Participant

He’s really, really good about knowing where the ball goes post-snap,” Arians said. “And he can see it, he can read it. I had said he’s close to Andrew Luck as far as processing information as a rookie coming into a camp. He’s not Andrew Luck but I really like where his progressions are. And his arm’s getting stronger. Clyde’s doing a great job with his mechanics and I think he’s got a really bright future.”

• Boid Fink

Participant

He needs to wear gloves that help with his grip. He wasn’t touched on a play and the ball just quacked out of his hand. I thought it was tipped at the LOS. Nope. Just lost grip of it.

Same with his fumble. Just running and dropped it. He needs to wear gloves and strengthen his grip.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Trask can’t even run a simple handoff play properly. Good lord this guy is another turd just like Gabbert.

They should have drafted real depth.

• theknees

Participant

This kid sucks. Not sure he’s here very long. What a complete buffoon back there.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

This kid sucks. Not sure he’s here very long. What a complete buffoon back there.

That fumble was on vaughn not trask.

Great to have OJ back healthy. His blocking was missed.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I see you trask.

Not bad, rook.

• Greattimes

Participant

Good drive for a TD put together by Trask.

• Pennywise

Participant

Trask starts off 5 for 5 and a TD

• Boid Fink

Participant

And then another Pat the ball move, and a fumble.

He needs to wear gloves and work on his hand strength. He is awful. Another turnover machine.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Lol. He is a shitshow so far.

Trask starts off 5 for 5 and a TD

• theknees

Participant

Trask fumbles and gives up a TD to the third team defense. He’s a mess.

• Pennywise

Participant

Trask is 11/12 over 90% completion %

• theknees

Participant

Dude. He’s throwing the ball, 5 yards in the air.

• Pennywise

Participant

Looking good

• Boid Fink

Participant

No he hasn’t. Overall he’s looked worse than your boy Jordan Love. How many times did you suck on his nipples?

Looking good

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs got themselves a QB , nice job Bruce

• Greattimes

Participant

Trask: 12 for 14 146 yds and 1 TD. I can see where Boid and Knees think that is horrible.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Brady was a great snag for sure!

Bucs got themselves a QB , nice job Bruce

• theknees

Participant

Checkdown Charlie vs the third team. Glad to hear the postgame guys point this out. Meek performance overall.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He is a turnover.

• dalbuc

Participant

I mean truthfully this is what you got Trask to be right? This is an upside game for him. He made an athletic play on that spin and heave. The throw for the TD was a nice seam route and other than that he was Brad Johnson level efficient if unspectacular.

• Swash

Participant

Trask had a great night outside of the fumble. The one scoring drive was impressive

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

A rookie getting better every game as he learns the playbook and offense more, its weird…..

• kenntak

Participant

People that hate him will find something wrong no matter what happens. Personally, I think we should try to make things work with what we have, give the guy a chance, and stop being so negative. He may turn out to be a great player, we don’t know for sure yet.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I hated the Trask pick when it was made, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it. It would be foolish to be caught with our pants down when Brady inevitably hangs em up.

Why not bring in a guy who in any other year might be a 1st round pick, and let him hold the clip board and learn from the greatest QB of all time. So he doesn’t have a cannon arm like Mahomes or Josh Allen, so what.. neither does Brady. What’s the most important is what’s between his ears, and I can see he in limited work that he does process pretty quickly.

If he never pans out and is a career backup, I’m still fine with the pick because it was relatively low risk… essentially a third round pick. If he pans out and blossoms, and becomes the Bucs starter for 10 years after studying Brady’s work ethic, improving on mechanics and fundamentals, then he’ll a steal as a third round pick.

QB is the most important position on the team, no risk it, no biscuit.

I like what I saw on Saturday. He was accurate with the ball, he’s improved every game, and that’s all you could really ask for. He outplayed Davis Mills, who a lot of experts preferred.. Mills made quite a few terrible decisions, and Mills is GUARANTEED getting more meaningful snaps with the first team.

• RW

Participant

Virtually every reporter and analyst thought Trask played well against the Texans yet two posters on this board thought he played like crap.

It’s weird.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by RW.

• seekpar

Participant

Anti-Gator honks love to hate.

• theknees

Participant

Mainly because there has never been a great Gator to play for Tampa. Brantley was good. Nothing special about him.

• kenntak

Participant

Theknees, what does school matter? You can’t discount a player simply because he went to a certain school. I went to FSU and USF, but I don’t care if a player went to UF. I just want the best players possible.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I hated the Trask pick when it was made, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it. It would be foolish to be caught with our pants down when Brady inevitably hangs em up.

Why not bring in a guy who in any other year might be a 1st round pick, and let him hold the clip board and learn from the greatest QB of all time. So he doesn’t have a cannon arm like Mahomes or Josh Allen, so what.. neither does Brady. What’s the most important is what’s between his ears, and I can see he in limited work that he does process pretty quickly.

If he never pans out and is a career backup, I’m still fine with the pick because it was relatively low risk… essentially a third round pick. If he pans out and blossoms, and becomes the Bucs starter for 10 years after studying Brady’s work ethic, improving on mechanics and fundamentals, then he’ll a steal as a third round pick.

QB is the most important position on the team, no risk it, no biscuit.

I like what I saw on Saturday. He was accurate with the ball, he’s improved every game, and that’s all you could really ask for. He outplayed Davis Mills, who a lot of experts preferred.. Mills made quite a few terrible decisions, and Mills is GUARANTEED getting more meaningful snaps with the first team.

Forget the cannon arm. Too many GMs look for the cannon arm and the height of a QB. What has made Brady so great is his ability to read defenses well. Trask has that same ability.

Viewing 151 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.