Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

He’s a heisman candidate. It’s weird…

• garfield

Participant

People care about this game? Florida is sitting literally half their team, lmao. Take away any QBs top ten pick at TE and the rest of his top receivers and they aren’t going to be the same.

I honestly forgot Florida even played tonight initially, to be honest. The whole college season has been uneventful.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Yeah, looks like the Gators opted out. Apparently Jones looked like he was about to shit his pants because Trask came right back in and promptly threw another pick.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Want to see the epitome of what’s weird?

Haha, what a fucking clown

• dalbuc

Participant

Can never decide if that game or the 1996 Fiesta Bowl game are my favorite bowl games.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Haha, what a fucking clown

Nah. He was the sole reason the Noles were in the game. Look at the score: Oregon 39, FSU 20 in the 3rd Qtr. Look at the down, 4th and 5.

This was the game where Cook fumbled away the ball twice on big gains. FSU had no run game. FSU had no defense, apparently. All FSU had was Winston.

Every player has bad moments. Here is Winston still trying to will his team to a win despite being down 19 points on 4th and 5. It’s a funny clip, but it also lacks a plethora of context. FSU had no run game or defense all season. The team rode its way to the CFP soley on Winston’s arm. Fast forward to today, we can now see why FSU is terrible today because it’s HC, Jimbo Fisher, didn’t recruit enough talent to the program to where it is still trying to rebuild today.

I love Winston as an FSU fan. He’s the reason we won a Natty. As a Bucs fan, I feel bad for Winston and the Bucs because he couldn’t adapt to the NFL. He isn’t the first QB that couldn’t adapt to the NFL and he won’t be the last. Watch Winston’s Gruden Camp. Everything Gruden pointed out in that episode, Winston couldn’t evolve from. In that first NFL season, there was a lot of tell tale signs: targeted Evans far more than VJax and didn’t like short routes/dump offs. Most people remember Winston scrambling, getting hit, bouncing backwards, and continued scrambling for a first down. I remember that play with a wide open Doug Martin, who could have easily ran for a first down after the catch, but Winston put his body at risk. This is coming from an FSU fan.

Some of us can differentiate leagues here. Just sayin’.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

But..we should draft him! Lawl.

• garfield

Participant

But..we should draft him! Lawl.

Your opinion has already been proven invalid because you think he will suck simply because he went to UF and you’ve literally brought no other argument to the table, lulz. As if QBs who went to UF 25 years ago have anything to do with the players there now.

Dude was playing without Pitts, a top 10 pick and best receiving TE prospect to come out in years, Toney, who will probably be a second round pick and will test off the charts, and his top 4 receivers overall. Give any QB that scenario, topped with an offensive line that was already average at best and a running game that has been close to non existent all year long, and that’s your result. Dude had one week to get in sync with a bunch of new receivers he hadn’t thrown to all season. Mullen shouldn’t have even played him and just called the game with so many Gators opting out. Meanwhile he torched Alabama literally a week prior.

But please, do tell me why he isn’t any good besides, lulz, Gators QB.

• seekpar

Participant

Lameis Jameis must of had a hundred crab legs on Oregon -20.

• Greattimes

Participant

Prospective high draft choices chose not to participate in meaningless bowl games. Probably at the behest of their prospective agents. An injury in a meaningless bowl game could cost a player millions. I would rather see the number of playoff teams be increased and other bowl games be done away with.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Prospective high draft choices chose not to participate in meaningless bowl games. Probably at the behest of their prospective agents. An injury in a meaningless bowl game could cost a player millions. I would rather see the number of playoff teams be increased and other bowl games be done away with.

But they fail to fulfill their obligations to the school if they skip a bowl game. As a result, the school should come down on them hard:

1. Ban them from the team’s facilities immediately except for one day where they clean out their locker

2. Not allow them to represent the school in any postseason games (Shrine Game, Senior Bowl, etc….)

3. Make them pay back the value of their scholarship. Have it taken out of their signing bonus when they get drafted.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

But they fail to fulfill their obligations to the school if they skip a bowl game. As a result, the school should come down on them hard:

What if their team doesn’t become bowl eligible? Are those players not fulfilling their obligations to the school because they’re not bowl eligible? Going to a bowl is extra as it isn’t regular season play. The players do not get paid extra to play in those games beyond the regular season, but the universities do get paid and paid in the millions that those players do not receive.

The millions the uni’s get is spread out to support other programs at their respective uni’s. CFB essentially supports a majority of the capital for other sports to exist. A winning program gets more money. Winning a championship or bowl game gets the uni more money.

CFB players are not allowed to make money, but the uni’s can make a boatload of cash (millions) from CFB players who are stipend not much. CFB also benefits with an agreement that CFB players have to stay at the uni for at least three years.

Uni’s are suppose to set up it’s students for a better life. Sitting out a bowl game so as not to decrease one’s value in the draft is a collegiate way of thinking. Why are you telling CFB players not to think?

• RW

Participant

Take away his 4 best receivers of course he is going to struggle.

• theknees

Participant

Take away his 4 best receivers of course he is going to struggle.

Nah, he’s not a very mentally sharp QB. He’s a serviceable robot but not much more.
      I can’t recall ever, a QB with real Heisman hopes just two weeks ago, benched in favor or a QB who just can’t seem to figure this game out. Bad look for the kid, future Gators, and the current coaching staff. Oh yeah, and nice defense.

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

The only reason the backup QB looked better was because he was throwing to the backups that were getting passes last night because virtually none of them were regular starters and boy did it show. Some of the worst hands and routes I have ever seen. The announcing crew through Trask under a damn bus and cut him with a buzz saw. Might want to look at some of those not so crisp routes these kids were running. Run to the pilon and he runs to the middle of the endzone. Trask suddenly just forgot how to play. Let’s go with that narrative. Knees is clueless

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I don’t want to draft Trask, but that game was not indicative of his play.

Also who cares about college football this year?

My Ducks won the Pac12 at 4-2… one of those wins was a forfeit from Washington.

We had our 4 best players declare for the draft.

All the early departures, cancelled pre-season, covid, cancelled conference games…

Who gives a fuck about this season?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Didn’t you have a top OT not play at all this season too and he’s expected to be a top-3 pick?

As bad as this CFB season has been, I’m glad to see it happen. It allows us to see how universities can handle these obstacles and work through them. It’s a helluva lot better than being cooped up for months on end with no viable release. Plus, it gives others that much needed distraction, even if their team sucks. I’m an FSU fan, we suck terribly this year, and I’m okay with it because at least it gives my mind something to think about, good or bad.

• theknees

Participant

All the early departures, cancelled pre-season, covid, cancelled conference games…

Ahhh, so now that you are completely out of it, you can align yourself with the narrative that many of us have had since the beginning. This season has never meant anything to anyone, ever.

• blah

Participant

Holy shit OP you and your alt accounts should shut the fuck up already.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Ahhh, so now that you are completely out of it, you can align yourself with the narrative that many of us have had since the beginning. This season has never meant anything to anyone, ever.

Huh? Been saying since day one that they shouldn’t play.

The Ducks never had a chance, even if they went undefeated because:

We aren’t that good this year
      We didn’t have enough games to convince the committee
      We lost our best players

Winning a meaningless conference championship? Whoppidy doo!

• Bucman

Participant

Trask slow release is the death of him. Want no part of that.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Well he officially declared

“Limited NFL Appeal”

Sounds about right.

• garfield

Participant

“Limited NFL Appeal”

Sounds about right.

Still can’t come up with an argument of your own, eh? “Lulz, UF QB!”

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

“Limited NFL Appeal”

Sounds about right.

Still can’t come up with an argument of your own, eh? “Lulz, UF QB!”

What argument is needed?

I want a QB that’ll help tampa win.

Neither you nor I nor anyone can “argue” anything that’ll prove one way or the other.

Time will tell, my friend.

I just hope its not in tampa for our sake.

• Runole

Participant

Trask will do well in the NFL in spite of his bad performance.

The point it is always a great day when the gators get smashed. They sure ended the season with a whimper with losses to both LSU and Bama before they were squashed like a bug by Oklahoma.

Miami did the same thing. Cheer up buttercups! lol

• Lawdy

Participant

kevin o’donnell on tailgate sunday said he believes we will be drafting him in the second round of the upcoming draft

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.