Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I totally forgot that we had Rosen on our practice squad. If we signed Rosen to the roster, then would we have needed to draft a QB this past draft? Heck, I would have kicked tires on trading a 6th round pick to acquire the rights to Rosen.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts on who you think is better: Josh Rosen or Kyle Trask?

• buccnation

Participant

Easily Trask. And this is coming from somebody that didn’t want to draft him or any QB in the 2nd round.

Never was a fan of Rosen.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

clearly Rosen is garbage the fact that he has been on more teams than Ryan Fitzpatrick in 3 years.

Dont get me wrong, the pedigree was there but clearly nobody sees anything in him.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I think the problem with Rosen is upstairs. There’s more to playing quarterback then arm talent.

• acacius

Participant

I totally forgot that we had Rosen on our practice squad. If we signed Rosen to the roster, then would we have needed to draft a QB this past draft? Heck, I would have kicked tires on trading a 6th round pick to acquire the rights to Rosen.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts on who you think is better: Josh Rosen or Kyle Trask?

Rosen was signed by the 49ers, actually.

• GameTime

Participant

As it was mentioned, we had Rosen and didn’t think he was worth keeping. But I loved that we kicked the tires on him.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Rosen got grabbed by another team when he was on the practice squad at least, and the way Trask in talked about on here makes me wonder if another team even tries to get him off PS after not beating anybody out in camp.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Rosen. Hands down.

Far more upside.

Damn shame he went to SF.

Rosen is younger then Joe Burrow.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

• Greattimes

Participant

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

So is Debucsown and Boidfink.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

We’re mental cases because we hate that our second round pick will in no shape way or form will help us win a super bowl this year nor next?

Copy that.

• garfield

Participant

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

We’re mental cases because we hate that our second round pick will in no shape way or form will help us win a super bowl this year nor next?

Copy that.

The Bucs have enough young talent on this team to win and win big after Brady retires. Would you rather have a young QB sit behind Brady and learn for two seasons and be ready to take over the reigns and keep the team a contender or scramble to find a QB and go through all the growing pains once Brady retire? Seems pretty obvious to me.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Personally, I’d much rather Tom Brady play until his wheels come 100% off. Then i’d like to give him one more year just to be sure it’s really over. I think Tom has proven it is objectively stupid to try to project his retirement for him. So rather than have a strapping young quarterback on the roster, I would have much rather use that pick on a player that would make Tom Brady more likely to want to play in 2023. I’d very much like to stop hearing about plans for after Tom Brady and go ahead and maximize whatever window I get out of Tom Brady. Having been a Buccaneers fan that suffered through well over a decade of miserably irrelevant football, I’m not as scared of going back to that as I am of thinking we took anything off of this window with him.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You sound like an idiot who worships at the Altar of Trask. You’re a drab loser.

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

• Boid Fink

Participant

The guy is an idiot who is following his herd. Let him graze in their barren fields.

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

Copy that.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

Copy that.

The Bucs have enough young talent on this team to win and win big after Brady retires. Would you rather have a young QB sit behind Brady and learn for two seasons and be ready to take over the reigns and keep the team a contender or scramble to find a QB and go through all the growing pains once Brady retire? Seems pretty obvious to me.

How’d the FA signing of Brady work for us?

Would’ve preferred to go all in on someone like russ, rodgers, or watson(doubtful now. Not really interested)

Give me a proven qb over a developmental qb that needs to redshirt for 1 if not 2 years and has a VERY limited ceiling. Especially for a second rounder. Please & thank you.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I don’t get all the hate for the Trask pick…

Every draft people come on the RB and talk trash about the picks, and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong.

This year tho we are more stacked than 95% of the teams… if there were ever a time to take a shot on a development qb, now is the time.

Maybe he is a stud… maybe he isn’t.

<script data-rocketlazyloadscript=’https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js&#8217; async ></script>
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″></ins>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script>

ILL BET EVERYTHING THAT NONE OF US REALLY KNOW.

S*** half of y’all were still clamoring for Derwin James last offseason and crapping on Vita and ROJO. Lmao

All we need now is Knees to say he’s a bust and all of you will change your opinion on Trask

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I don’t get all the hate for the Trask pick…

Every draft people come on the RB and talk trash about the picks, and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong.

This year tho we are more stacked than 95% of the teams… if there were ever a time to take a shot on a development qb, now is the time.

Maybe he is a stud… maybe he isn’t.

<script data-rocketlazyloadscript=’https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js&#8217; async ></script>
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″></ins>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script>

ILL BET EVERYTHING THAT NONE OF US REALLY KNOW.

S*** half of y’all were still clamoring for Derwin James last offseason and crapping on Vita and ROJO. Lmao

All we need now is Knees to say he’s a bust and all of you will change your opinion on Trask

It’s true. I’ll jump on the Trask bandwagon once knees calls him a bust lol.

And its not so much hating the trask pick it self. Just the positional value where he was taken. Even 3rd round i could live with. 2nd? Not so much. Licht has wasted PLENTY of second rounders, absolutely. Also hit some absolute studs. I hope trask is one of them. Just extremely skeptical, obviously.

Ill say it til im blue in the face. ANY position sans kicker, punter, & qb would’ve helped us build a dynasty. Will drafting trask make or break it? No, absolutely not. But certainly won’t help it.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

The main reason I’ve seen for all the Trask hate is that he won’t contribute THIS YEAR.

I don’t get that argument. Barring injury, name me the rookie who was going to take snaps away from a starter? Any starter?

There were none is the answer. No rookie available at the end of round 2 was ever going to take away reps from a starter.

What we did need was better ST talent, which we acquired in the late rounds and in FA.

No position holds a higher value than QB, so if they are able to prepare Trask to take over when Brady retires this will be looked back on as a pure genius pick.

In the meantime we can listen to the Red Board geniuses, who have never missed on a single draft pick. Y’all are 0 for 0.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The main reason I’ve seen for all the Trask hate is that he won’t contribute THIS YEAR.

I don’t get that argument. Barring injury, name me the rookie who was going to take snaps away from a starter? Any starter?

There were none is the answer. No rookie available at the end of round 2 was ever going to take away reps from a starter.

What we did need was better ST talent, which we acquired in the late rounds and in FA.

No position holds a higher value than QB, so if they are able to prepare Trask to take over when Brady retires this will be looked back on as a pure genius pick.

In the meantime we can listen to the Red Board geniuses, who have never missed on a single draft pick. Y’all are 0 for 0.

Qbs don’t get hurt. Well, brady doesn’t. Again, has once in 21 years. Brady rule took place immediately after.

Any other position is 100x(just guessing) more likely to get hurt than qbs. They can’t be hit low, high, Slammed, etc.

Today’s NFL protects qbs. No other position maybe sans kickers or punters.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Who could the Bucs have drafted at that spot? There were a lot of solid upside guys, with ability to contribute immediately should need arise…and make a difference. Trask is not that guy. It was a crappy pick because in a few years some guys we could have selected are going to be shining. And could help with cap issues in the future. And Trask isn’t going to have a future in the NFL because he won’t be throwing to generational tight end talent and a wide out who is glazing fast. He will not have the same weapons, I’m sick of explaining this to you homers. This was a shit pick. Simple as that. If you can’t dig it, fine. But don’t go scurrying when I come back and tell you all, like with Trent Richardson, that this is a bust.

This was one pick in a draft I thought was solid otherwise. Some of your home rush tendencies are showing. This was a solid value pick the Bucs wasted. This is not to be taken lightly, as some of you have assumed. Resting on a solid roster is a fools paradise. You always mine for gold. This wasn’t doing that. This was being weak and lazy.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Yeah Boid. Pretty much everyone agrees when it comes to building a winner Licht takes a back seat to Red Board Boid.

Since you are threatening to revisit this later give us the name of the player you would’ve picked who would have been such a big difference maker next year and the name of the starter he would have put on the bench.

GottaJaboo wrote:

• Greattimes

Participant

Brady coming back in 2023 is not written in stone, Brady and the Bucs extended Brady’s contract to free up money in order to be able to sign other Buc players. Most of the new contract was in a signing bonus. So was this year too early to draft a prospective replacement? What are the chances that a high quality QB would be available when the Bucs draft next year? Is it not wise to look to the long term future in making draft considerations? Some posters on this board think not.

• Natural Selection

Participant

Exactly, Brady coming back to play the 2023 season is not guaranteed. So my focus would be building a roster that makes him not want to hang it up in 2023. A roster that tempts him for yet another ring run. Again, I couldn’t care much less about what comes AFTER Tom Brady. In many ways, I think a couple down years to reset the cap and draft from closer to 1st would give us a better chance to rebound to the top quicker than rolling straight through with a super dynasty. I also think there’s just as good a chance to find quality QBing from the FA market after Brady than the draft. Or by trading for an aging vet on a team looking to reset. So I would have much rather used pick 64 on literally any other position. I think back up QB is going to be the least important factor when Tom is deciding whether to roll “one more time” in 2023. I want to give the Bucs the best chance of getting Tom back for as many “one more time” seasons as possible. That would be my only focus until Tom said: “It’s definitely over, dude.” At that point, I’d start looking at college QBs. As well as whether there are vet options/stop gaps. I think trying to plan around rolling right into the next “franchise QB” is the silly pipe dream that is objectively stupid trying to plan for. Trying to gauge multiple years of QB drafts into the future being right up there. Say “hi” Zach Wilson……

• seekpar

Participant

So I guess the Kellen Mond [Vikings] and Davis Mills [Texans] picks two and three picks later were as earthshatteringly bad as well? None of us geniuses here on the RB know how the Trask pick will work out. Even the brain trust in the FO doesn’t know. Personally I like the pick. It was a luxury draft. Every key player from the Super Bowl winning team is coming back. I think that Brady will hang em up after this season. Need to fill that void at QB, so why not take a chance on a guy like Trask?

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Context matters.

The Vikings are a run first team built to ground and pound with Cook. That is by design to minimize the reliance on Cousins and also to play complimentary football with their defense. Mond could in theory end up handing off to Cook and needing to make less than 20 throws per game which is within his skill set.

Mills is probably in a worse situation but at the very least Watson is the franchise QB for the Texans until proven otherwise. So, Mills is basically a career backup/bridge QB with what ever happens with Watson.

Trask? How does he fit with the Bucs? I guess we find out.

Build the trenches!

• GameTime

Participant

Who could the Bucs have drafted at that spot? There were a lot of solid upside guys, with ability to contribute immediately should need arise…and make a difference. Trask is not that guy. It was a crappy pick because in a few years some guys we could have selected are going to be shining. And could help with cap issues in the future. And Trask isn’t going to have a future in the NFL because he won’t be throwing to generational tight end talent and a wide out who is glazing fast. He will not have the same weapons, I’m sick of explaining this to you homers. This was a shit pick. Simple as that. If you can’t dig it, fine. But don’t go scurrying when I come back and tell you all, like with Trent Richardson, that this is a bust.

This was one pick in a draft I thought was solid otherwise. Some of your home rush tendencies are showing. This was a solid value pick the Bucs wasted. This is not to be taken lightly, as some of you have assumed. Resting on a solid roster is a fools paradise. You always mine for gold. This wasn’t doing that. This was being weak and lazy.

So you ain’t gonna make a pick?

• BucsSavant

Participant

Can someone who is so adamantly against this pick, produce a name that would wanted to see instead? Lots of impotent complaining, but haven’t seen a single alternative listed, despite requests to do so.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I look at it this way. This was a gamble on a guy they think can develop. With this pick, when Brady retires, we might not need to draft a QB in the top 5. They’ll have seen Trask for 2 or 3 years by then and they should have a pretty good idea what he is. We gambled the 64th pick on the hope that we won’t have to gamble a top 5 pick later.

• Natural Selection

Participant

The way I look at it, my absolute worst case scenario is a “torn” Tom Brady retires after the 2022 season. For me as a fan, that’s worse than winning a game or two in 2023. Now I can’t get fired for winning a game or two in 2023. So my perspective as a fan is clearly much different than those making the decisions with yearly success being their only job security. I just don’t understand the motivation of so many of our fans to want to plan out Brady’s retirement. Or who seem so afraid of a bad season or two that they’d willingly diminish our Brady seasons in even the slightest ways.

• theknees

Participant

“Can someone who is so adamantly against this pick, produce a name that would wanted to see instead? Lots of impotent complaining, but haven’t seen a single alternative listed, despite requests to do so.”

Christensen or Mayfield would have been much better picks for the Bucs long term. Unless you have one of the first couple of picks in the draft, you draft the trenches. You can never have too many OLinemen. Embarrassing pick.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yeah coming up with a list with players the Bucs should have drafted over Trask is very easy.

Build the trenches!

• GameTime

Participant

“Can someone who is so adamantly against this pick, produce a name that would wanted to see instead? Lots of impotent complaining, but haven’t seen a single alternative listed, despite requests to do so.”

Christensen or Mayfield would have been much better picks for the Bucs long term. Unless you have one of the first couple of picks in the draft, you draft the trenches. You can never have too many OLinemen. Embarrassing pick.

Agree, I would have loved to load up on the trenches. But would you really have drafted guys with short arms and small hands to play tackle?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Can someone who is so adamantly against this pick, produce a name that would wanted to see instead? Lots of impotent complaining, but haven’t seen a single alternative listed, despite requests to do so.

I don’t need a name. I gave positions that would’ve helped from day 1. ANY. Rb. OL. DL. WR. S. cb. Lb. Would they have started? No. Would they have been in the rotation & have an impact, AND START when inevitably an injury occurs? Yes sir!!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yeah this is easy.

If they want names I can go down the list easily.

Ossai went to the Bengals. Ossai is a clear upgrade over Nelson and Gill. Having a rotation of JPP, Shaq, Tryon and Ossai is how you improve your chances at a Super Bowl repeat.

Mayfield and Christensen that went to NFCS rivals both are going to be solid OL. Paired with the Hainsey selection in the third the Bucs could have had much better depth on the OL and a pair of future starters to line up next to Wirfs.

I think the Lions drafted a much better DT in McNeil in this round than the previous round. McNeil would be day 1 rotation with Suh and Vea.

Robinson from UCF is easily a more talented and polished CB far better than Herb Miller and Wilcox.

Odighizuwa plays with great leverage and would have been a great fit for Bowles scheme.

Divine Deablo is basically a younger D. Buccanon that can play a DB/LB hybrid role which the raiders will be doing under their new defensive scheme.

D. Brown as insurance if Godwin leaves in 2022 while also providing depth this year.

Ben Cleveland another OL the Bucs could have nabbed.

Then there were players like Ronnie Perkins, Meinerz, Tufele, Barnes, Shelvin that went after the Hainsey pick.

Build the trenches!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Rosen has the pocket presence of an acoustic guitar. Dude has all of the physical tools, but simply can’t play the position in the NFL. That’s why he’s been all over the country with NFL franchises in a short period of time.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Minerz.

So you ain’t gonna make a pick?

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Cool. It will be interesing to see How Meinerz and Hainsey’s careers matchup.

Noted you wanted the div 3 player in round two and Licht picked up the sleeper in round three from Notre Dame, who has better film against better players, and better physical attributes, most notably great footwork.

Personally, I think Hainsey is a better prospect and Meinerz in round two would have been a big reach.

GottaJaboo wrote:

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

If the Bucs had thought Rosen was better than Griffin they would’ve made the switch. They didn’t. That tells me all I need to know.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Yeah this is easy.

If they want names I can go down the list easily.

Ossai went to the Bengals. Ossai is a clear upgrade over Nelson and Gill. Having a rotation of JPP, Shaq, Tryon and Ossai is how you improve your chances at a Super Bowl repeat.

Mayfield and Christensen that went to NFCS rivals both are going to be solid OL. Paired with the Hainsey selection in the third the Bucs could have had much better depth on the OL and a pair of future starters to line up next to Wirfs.

I think the Lions drafted a much better DT in McNeil in this round than the previous round. McNeil would be day 1 rotation with Suh and Vea.

Robinson from UCF is easily a more talented and polished CB far better than Herb Miller and Wilcox.

Odighizuwa plays with great leverage and would have been a great fit for Bowles scheme.

Divine Deablo is basically a younger D. Buccanon that can play a DB/LB hybrid role which the raiders will be doing under their new defensive scheme.

D. Brown as insurance if Godwin leaves in 2022 while also providing depth this year.

Ben Cleveland another OL the Bucs could have nabbed.

Then there were players like Ronnie Perkins, Meinerz, Tufele, Barnes, Shelvin that went after the Hainsey pick.

Thanks. I do like the sound of Ossai or Perkins…..especially Perkins. Can never have too many edge rushers.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yeah the thing with Perkins is that he is an excellent run defender as well. So, that gives the Patriots flexibility as last year their run defense was bad. And adding another stand up rusher or a guy that can go on the line is great value for them.

Perkins run defense may be on par with Nelson at the pro level. But Perkins clearly is better suited to rush the passer while Nelson simply does not have the tools to do what Perkins can do.

Patriots are going to simply stop the run and then tee off with Van Noy, Winovich, Judon and Perkins in long down passing situations. They will generate a lot of coverage sacks or pressures if their secondary is still top tier.

Build the trenches!

• BucsSavant

Participant

Yeah definitely had much more talent than his draft position would reflect….I don’t think his character concerns are serious(marijuana) and apparently neither does belicheck, he’s willing to bet he can get him to fall in line to the “Patriots way”(if it still exists) and I assume the same would happen in this locker room. Between him and Tryon, one of them is all but guaranteed to improve what Nelson/Gill bring off the edge immediately. Can’t argue the logic there.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Trask.

Rosen is a mental case.

Copy that.

But what if he helps win Super Bowls in 2024 and beyond? His skill sets are very similar to Brady’s. And he’s got time to learn under Brady. Do I expect him to become the next Brady? Absolutely not. But with these weapons, he can develop into a very good QB.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.