Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 70 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Don’t like it

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hate it.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask is okay but is he as good as Chad Pennington coming out? I don’t think so. But then again Trask was picked at the bottom of the 2nd round.

In terms of value I don’t see it.

But I will say that Gabbert may have punched his ticket out of town by playing a game of chicken.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Until he fails as miserably as Winston did, I’m gonna support him 💯!

It is what it is

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Awful pick… good God.

That said, he’s a Buc so let’s support him and hope he does well.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Crap selection

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I don’t hate the player but I don’t like the value. I think the Bucs could have traded down and picked him in the first half of the third IMO.

Build the trenches!

• spartan

Participant

Trask was a pretty decent College QB. Not your Mahomes admittedly but if our Superbowl wining HC wants the chance to groom him, I’m fine with it. Brady may or may not be playing in 2 years, so I think it is reasonable to take him now. He won’t be around by the time we pick next I think. We have the luxury to do this by all accounts so why not?

• Anonymous

Inactive

🤣🤣🍿🍿🍿

• Boid Fink

Participant

Kyle Trash. In two years, he will be an afterthought. Waste of a pick. Noodle arm. No speed. Holds the ball too long. He is garbage.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Hate it.

Yeah, Trask has the potential to be average to decent. Why draft that in the second round? I don’t see enough upside to draft him. Another wasted second round pick. JL must have a mental block when it comes to second rounders.

• dalbuc

Participant

So we draft yet another suck level QB from the state of Florida. I mean at least this one isn’t, to my knowledge, as rapey as the last one.

I don’t see what anyone saw in this guy and I think Mills and Mond were easily better QBs than him. He’s like a downmarket version of Gabbert.

• theknees

Participant

So predictable.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

There wasn’t any wow about Trask. Not having a big arm in a vertical offense is like drafting a run only back for a vertical offense.

I guess I wouldn’t have minded this pick, but there was a chance to get a better talent at 64th like OG Meinerz or S Cisco.

He’s a Buc now, so I hope for the best and that he develops a deep ball arm.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Awful pick… good God.

That said, he’s a Buc so let’s support him and hope he does well.

I would have been okay with this pick in the 4th round. Not the second

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I wanted Creed. fuggin Chiefs

I also like Davis Mills more. Oh well

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pick 64 is more like a 3rd.

It’s not that bad yall, no holes remember.

Pure luxury draft

• dalbuc

Participant

You still have to win this year. Trask doesn’t help with that ignoring that he won’t ever help win games. Draft depth to cover vs injury and backfill for next years FA losses.

• BucHarbour

Participant

We won the Super Bowl with this roster. Why the hell wouldn’t be drafting guys to fill future holes this year while we have the luxury of doing it? The closest thing we had to a need was another edge rusher and we took care of that on day 1. The rest of this draft is either about the future or getting better on special teams. We don’t need anyone from this draft to win a Super Bowl this year unless we have too many injuries. This was the perfect time to take a QB that can be groomed behind the GOAT to take over in a couple of years.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

If the Bucs traded down and drafted him it would be okay.

Build the trenches!

• mjs020294

Participant

Imagine going from Brady to Trask……….. that is comparable to eating at Berns Steakhouse one night and dumpster diving outback of McDonald’s the next night.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Yeah, a lineman would have been preferred or a corner.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Absolutely true. Just a garbage wasted pick. A cap issue for sure, but why waste it in a backup who if he sees the field early, will absolutely get ripped to shreds? His arm is Trask trash. He is slow. Sun dial slow. He cannot air it out consistently. Fuck this guy and fuck Licht for this dumbass pick, again in round 2.

Brady made this team. Not Licht.

So we draft yet another suck level QB from the state of Florida. I mean at least this one isn’t, to my knowledge, as rapey as the last one.

I don’t see what anyone saw in this guy and I think Mills and Mond were easily better QBs than him. He’s like a downmarket version of Gabbert.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Quiet. Grown men who know bad picks are talking.

Pick 64 is more like a 3rd.

It’s not that bad yall, no holes remember.

Pure luxury draft

• Anonymous

Inactive

Y’all seem to think that every year, doesn’t seem to stop all these Lombardi trophies from piling up!
        🤣🤣🍿🍿

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Was bummed when he went right before our pick.

Not a huge fan of Trask, but it’s pretty clear he was their target the whole time.

Actually wouldn’t have minded to see Ossai here at #64.

• TCB2W!

Participant

For everyone trashing him about his arm. Per the Draft Network:

Trask’s lower half may need to be reconstructed as it is the root of why most of his passes die in the deeper portions of the field.

So it’s his base and mechanics from the waste down is why he loses power and velocity. That can be fixed and with Brady, BL, and Clyde Christensen will help him fix that.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Imagine going from Brady to Trask……….. that is comparable to eating at Berns Steakhouse one night and dumpster diving outback of McDonald’s the next night.

Could you imagine what this team would be right now if JL hadn’t screwed up so many 2nd round picks? I’ve never seen a GM crap the bed so many times in the 2nd.

• dalbuc

Participant

Trask is like the inverse of all those build the ideal QB scenarios:

Brad Johnson’s arm
      Tom Brady’s legs
      Blaine Gabbert’s decision making
      Jameis Winston’s accuracy

….perfect

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

This kinda feels like Mike Glennon 2.0

and I strongly disliked MG’s game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This was and always will be another wasted second rounder. A trash Trask…this guy will never be the future of Tampa. Are you guys smoking meth and bath salts?

He isn’t good enough to backup Gabbert.

• Bucko40

Participant

Defer to the professionals. If , Licht, Arians and the coaches/scout are ok with Kyle Trask then so am I. Bucs have to years to evaluate Trask. Kyle has 2 years to learn the playbook and develop physically/mentally from the Greatest QB to play the game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Lol! And these guys watched him more than we did, and some are happy with this? Those guys are idiots.

Trask is like the inverse of all those build the ideal QB scenarios:

Brad Johnson’s arm
      Tom Brady’s legs
      Blaine Gabbert’s decision making
      Jameis Winston’s accuracy

….perfect

• BucHarbour

Participant

That’s because Dalbuc’s comments are trash. Trask is one of the most accurate QB’s in the draft. All I have to do is play the highlight reel to see how much of that is crap. He’s much more mobile than either Johnson or Brady. His arm strength is actually a little above average, he just doesn’t have the cannon arm. But, as Arians said, and I saw in every Gators game I watched (and I’ve seen almost every one for the last 30 years), he drops dimes down the field and can make every through in this offense. You guys just don’t honestly know what you are talking about.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

As Floridians we have seen enough of Trask to say his ceiling is very limited. When people compare Trask to Brad Johnson that is laughable. Trask is okay but his ceiling is no where near Brad Johnson.

Build the trenches!

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

This was and always will be another wasted second rounder. A trash Trask…this guy will never be the future of Tampa. Are you guys smoking meth and bath salts?

He isn’t good enough to backup Gabbert.

I won’t put Trask in the Gabbert conversation just yet. Gabbster is the worst. Glad he will be gone.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Why should I defer? They are fallible. And some of those picks by Licht in round 2 are painfully obviously bad picks. This is another one. Laughably bad. Brady is the team. Licht is drunk in round 2.

Defer to the professionals. If , Licht, Arians and the coaches/scout are ok with Kyle Trask then so am I. Bucs have to years to evaluate Trask. Kyle has 2 years to learn the playbook and develop physically/mentally from the Greatest QB to play the game.

• harrybucman

Participant

Being a Florida alum, I may be a bit of a homer, but I’ve watched every snap Trask has taken and truly believe he has so many of the same qualities as Brady. Love the pic and trust that Licht and Bruce saw something they liked in the kid. With the quickness with which they turned in that card, he was their target all along.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Agreed. After he stepped in when Franks went down, I couldn’t believe how much better (light years better) the passing game was. After a few games I had the same thought that his ability to read defenses, make quick decisions, and put the ball in perfect places reminded me a LOT of Brady. And this was back in 2019 that I thought this. People here just don’t seem to have a clue.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Is Trask better than Ryan Griffin? I guess we find out with training camp.

Build the trenches!

• BucHarbour

Participant

Light years better.

• dalbuc

Participant

Gabbert won’t be gone, Griffin will. Trask now has holding up the GOAT duty.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Why should I defer? They are fallible. And some of those picks by Licht in round 2 are painfully obviously bad picks. This is another one. Laughably bad. Brady is the team. Licht is drunk in round 2.

The only positive here is Trask will learn from Brady, so as long as he pays attention and works hard to become what Brady is he may turn out to be a serviceable QB.

• Bucko40

Participant

When Brady was selected to be QB3 behind Bledsoe and Michael Bishop no one really knew what he would become. Brady was a competitor and determined. Obviously, the Bucs saw something in Kyle Trask to make this pick.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Gabbert won’t be gone, Griffin will. Trask now has holding up the GOAT duty.

That would be stupid. Gabbert cost more than Griffin.

• Detrimental

Participant

Wasted pick IMO

Would rather us be patient and make a move via trade up once Brady calls it quits to get a top prospect.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Why wasn’t Gabbert a serviceable QB learning behind Brady? Or Griffin? Guys either have next level skills, or they are busts. Trash Trask has no redeeming qualities to be co suffered a good backup, he knows nothing about the offense as or players…his physical tools are extremely limited…this was a universally acknowledged poor selection. If you watched him play, you have to be livid. This guy is what he is, he will never be anything. Easy isn’t going to teach him anything. Has Brady ever really taught any QBs worth more? He won’t with a less talented guy like Trash Trask. What a sad selection. Aguayo-sequel. Pfff….

The only positive here is Trask will learn from Brady, so as long as he pays attention and works hard to become what Brady is he may turn out to be a serviceable QB.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Why wasn’t Gabbert a serviceable QB learning behind Brady? Or Griffin? Guys either have next level skills, or they are busts. Trash Trask has no redeeming qualities to be co suffered a good backup, he knows nothing about the offense as or players…his physical tools are extremely limited…this was a universally acknowledged poor selection. If you watched him play, you have to be livid. This guy is what he is, he will never be anything. Easy isn’t going to teach him anything. Has Brady ever really taught any QBs worth more? He won’t with a less talented guy like Trash Trask. What a sad selection. Aguayo-sequel. Pfff….

Brady was considered worse coming out so as much as I don’t like the pick crazy things could happen. Not likely but, possible.

• player101

Participant

I am not sure Trask is the right guy but I do like the Bucs are trying to find someone to sit behind Brady. Maybe some of Brady’s magic can rub off on him!<br />

No one thought shit of Brady when he was picked…

• Madman

Participant

Meh. They needed a QB to groom but Mills has soooo much more upside. Guess we’ll see.

• Boid Fink

Participant

The attempt at even co side ring Trash may be as good as Brady means some of you need to revoke your football analysis cards. Trask will suck forever in the NFL. A wasted pick who will do nothing.

Weak arm. Slow. Bad habit of holding on to the ball like Winston. This guy won’t make an offense work…wasted dumb pick.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I am not sure Trask is the right guy but I do like the Bucs are trying to find someone to sit behind Brady. Maybe some of Brady’s magic can rub off on him!<br />

Very True. Looking at Trask I worry about his weak arm. His passes seem to float a lot. That doesn’t bode well in the NFL. Maybe they can get a little more velocity out of him.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Lol…not a chance. Guys come in with good arms. He isn’t extending his talent any further. He sucks. Bad pick. Simple as that.

Very True. Looking at Trask I worry about his weak arm. His passes seem to float a lot. That doesn’t bode well in the NFL. Maybe they can get a little more velocity out of him.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Lol…not a chance. Guys come in with good arms. He isn’t extending his talent any further. He sucks. Bad pick. Simple as that.

So you’re saying he has a chance to be great?

• Buccarooney1

Participant

Tom Brady was picked in the sixth round and everyone thought he was nothing.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Maybe he can learn from Brady.

• Runole

Participant

Seems like a decent pick. Though I think they got beat out by KC who took Humphrey who I believe they wanted. With all the weapons I think he can flourish as he learns to read what the defense is giving.Quick right decision making is the key. 43 td passes is pretty damn good.

• BucsFan4090

Participant

lol at all the red board gms acting like they know the future. These are the same clowns who think Justin fields is going to amount to something but they are bitching about a guy taken basically in the third round.

I like the trask pick. We needed a qb and got the best day 2 one out there. It wouldn’t be a Bucs draft if the resident crybabies weren’t crying about not getting their guy. So so tiresome after so many years

• Boid Fink

Participant

Just…stop man. These comps are sickeningly sad. There is nobody like Brady. And it one billion percent won’t be Trash Trask repeating that outlier.

Tom Brady was picked in the sixth round and everyone thought he was nothing.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He wasn’t the best second day QB. He is a fifth round QB with limited arm strength (Griffin), limited foot speed (Glennon), and holds the ball too long (Jameis). He floats and drops his passes into his spots…he won’t do anything in the NFL. He is shit.

lol at all the red board gms acting like they know the future. These are the same clowns who think Justin fields is going to amount to something but they are bitching about a guy taken basically in the third round.

I like the trask pick. We needed a qb and got the best day 2 one out there. It wouldn’t be a Bucs draft if the resident crybabies weren’t crying about not getting their guy. So so tiresome after so many years

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just ordered my Trask jersey, what size do you wear Boid?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Trask Trash is similar to Jake Fromme. Both are big with weak arms, limited athletic traits, and drafted waaaay to high for what they bring, which is nothing. Trask is an awful pick. So in a few years when you all see that, don’t worry, I’ll remind you and you will change your screen names because you will see what a fool you are for defending this pick.

Right, you Trentersexuals! (Trent Richardson fanboys)

• Boid Fink

Participant

XL. I could use some garage rags.

Just ordered my Trask jersey, what size do you wear Boid?

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Don’t know if Trask can play well in the NFL. Odds seem against it.

But he does have some credentials:

In 2020, Trask garnered Heisman Trophy and Davey O’Brien Award finalist honors as well as second-team All-SEC honors. He led the FBS with a school-record 43 passing touchdowns and ranked second with 356.9 passing yards per game (school-record 4,283 total) in 12 starts (301 of 437, 68.9% completion rate, eight INTs). Trask also ran for three touchdowns on the year.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Talk about being a hypocrite. What, only your GM opinion counts?

• Donkey

Participant

Brad Johnson was like a 5th round pick iirc. He developed in the NFL while sitting on the bench for several years.

As Floridians we have seen enough of Trask to say his ceiling is very limited. When people compare Trask to Brad Johnson that is laughable. Trask is okay but his ceiling is no where near Brad Johnson.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Sounds like this was somebody that Leftwich and Clyde really liked, and that he might have some mechanical problems to coach. I would say in general I like that his accuracy and touch are great, as Bucs fans we just watched a big arm no accuracy guy become the turnover king of the universe, and a guy with a fading arm win the Super Bowl, and BA said the same things about Brady and trask when it came to the question of arm strength.

• theknees

Participant

Dont have to worry about Trask for a while. Gives Tampa this year to really evaluate him. The real issue is, he would have been available in the 4th round. That arm is much worse than I thought.

• obuc

Participant

I hope trask isnt reading this crap. He will have to spend the preseason in therapy. You know how we scored 32 points a game? It’s hard to say it wasnt brady but the line played clean the last 10 games. 10 penalties total, not from the line, from the whole offense. Then you have a bunch of options to get 5 here, 10 there and just keep moving forward. Trask can do this. He is a mirror of brad johnson. Show me a D that will bloody your face and an O that will play clean and disciplined and ill show you a successful QB.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yup. Trask still sucks and was drafted too high. He will never be a Buc starter. Barring catastrophe.

• Darktanian

Participant

Could 2 be the magical round for kickers and QB’s? What? Too soon?

I don’t know much about Kyle Trask, but if he’s accurate, and can make all the throws like he says he can, then he should be able to be taught everything else… if he has a good football IQ.

Brady wasn’t known for the deep shot, but turns out he’s a sniper. Maybe Trask will be one too.

And if Brady can teach him how to watch tape properly, and gets to where he can read
      and decipher a defensive look accurately [pre-snap] (because that greatly helps progressions), he just might become a winning starter.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

So much sand in this thread!

• mjs020294

Participant

I would have preferred Mills because he has a much higher ceiling IMO. Trask has move game experience but Mills has better mechanics and is a very accurate passer. Coaching Mills to NFL level would be a lot easier than getting Trask there.

• Jr.3

Participant

I’m was against the Trask pick , still dont like it but since he’ll be wearing a Buccaneers Jersey now I’ll be rooting for him. Lets hope the kid has a heart like TB12 thats the one thing people cant measure.But I honestly thought he was Mike Glennon like before the draft but I’m just a fan no where near the credentials to really break down this draft picks.

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

Trask is better than you are giving him credit for.

Trask has an average NFL arm, not a noddle arm. There are plenty of QBs without cannons.
      He has great touch on 20 yard + throws.
      He also knows how to get the ball out quickly. UF had a below average O-Line during all his starts.
      He isn’t a statue in the pocket, he knows how to move around, you don’t need to run a 4.5 to be a good QB.

He learned Mullen’s offense and executed. His numbers were better than Wilsons.

Is he going to win you a game like Lamar? no.

Let’s see how he does NEXT year’s pre-season.

• BucsBay

Participant

I think Trask may have got the best training for what actually works in the modern NFL, and what our offense is built around: give your playmakers opportunities to make plays downfield. He’ll have an opportunity to learn from the best how to take what an NFL defense is giving. I’ve gotten excited about the Trask pick, especially watching the Georgia and Alabama tapes.

• Neubi

Participant

I don’t get it. We have a couple of the best pocket QB evaluators in the league who were responsible for P. Manning and B. Roethlisberger and they approved this pick. And then the Red Board is flooded with armchair QBs who couldn’t throw the pigskin further than Trask with his left arm…
      He is a Buc now and therefore I will support this guy until we have seen what he can do!
      If he doesn’t have success, we can still draft high and find another one. But what if he surprises everyone?

• RudeGuy

Participant

IMO this Trask pick is not about the 2021 draft. It’s about the 2022 draft. After spending one year under Bucs coaching and Brady mentoring how does he look then if he was available as a 2022 draft prospect. He is not in a position nor is he ready to start in the NFL as most 2-3 rounders. Our coaches will have an entire year to evaluate/coach this guy and determine what they have. If he doesn’t make the progress they believe he should be making then they will have another shot at a QB in 2022 or 2023. If he does make the next steps in a year or two then they can use a pick in 2022/2023 on a position other than QB.

• m_j

Participant

you can’t know it unless you try! if he ever gets his chance we‘re gonna find out how good he is, if he is any good, not before. I can‘t say I like this pick but who knows…..

Viewing 70 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.