Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I haven’t heard anyone mention him for us. I get that he’s a linebacker but he “looks” like a prototypical 3-4 OLB. There’s a lot of projection there because that’s not really the style he played much of the time at VT but he’s pretty good at rushing when asked to do so. He’s a complete freak of an athelete. He’s probably a project in the pass rushing role but has tons of upside with NFL bloodlines. No one really talked much about Mark Barron when we picked him (for good reason it turns out) so I’m just trying to cover bases here. His value might be more in line with the 7th pick than Vea for some people, but if we go with a project is he a better option than Davenport? Seems worth a discussion at least.

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

no, no discussion.

• Graham

Participant

Licht and Koetter can’t afford to draft a project with the 7th pick.

• 3rd String Kicker

I have to agree with what some have said here, that he appears as a project player, trying to fit multiple roles (tweener as they say). He had good production at rushing the passer as a linebacker and his size is not bad at all. NFL.com has him at 6’5″ and 250lbs, but he’s putting his hand in the dirt, he’ll probably want to add a few more pounds.

Leonard Floyd had a similar build and looked decent in Chicago, so I don’t want to say I’d rule it out entirely of the discussion. Considering our need for a pass rusher and edge presence, he has to be on the board, perhaps quite a ways down however. He seems to be a better pass rushing prospect than Davenport, but I have to admit I have never seen a single UTSA game.

• Defense5599

Blocked

This guy is a project if you’re going to use him as a pass rushing DE. You don’t draft projects in the top ten, ever.

• AlstottUpTheGut

Participant

He’s not a project. He’s the top 43 LB, narrowly edging Roquan. He’s got great size, speed, and instincts, and will be a 3 down plug-and-play player.

That being said, we don’t have the luxury of picking a player for a position that we already have an above average player occupying.

Definitely worthy of #7 yes, but not happening.

• Havok904

Participant

Graham
      Feb 7, 18 at 10:51 am #1060556
      Licht and Koetter can’t afford to draft a project with the 7th pick
      —–
      Most folks drafted after the 5th round are projects

• buccaneerNW

Participant

We’ll have before us an opportunity to take a slam-dunk player at #7… Barkley, or Chubb, or Nelson, or Vita Vea… Why would we choose a project with this high of a pick when there’s going to be a guaranteed Pro-Bowl type player at a position of need available for us?

• bucfanskiz

Participant

He has a great bloodline and will be a player in this league. His father played TE for the Dolphins and Seahawks, one of his brothers is the 3rd string RB for the Saints and his other brother that plays Saftey is coming out this year as well. They are from my hometown and Ferrell the father was an assistant coach of mine my senior year in college.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.