Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author

• DCGoth

Participant

Just fucking amazing. Trump continuously boasts that he is pro-law enforcement. Iirc, Trump has said the Police “love him”, as well as he is the one that will guarantee law and order. </p>
      <p>So, that said, a member of the US Capitol Police, a sharp force, )who’s jurisdiction is limited to the US Capital, but are in fact a Law enforcement agency), was killed by insurgents as they stormed the US Capitol. </p>
      <p>I find it ironic that flags are flying at half-mast on Capitol Grounds, yet the leader who claims to be pro law enforcement, has refused to allow WH flags to be dropped to half-mast. </p>
      <p>In any other situation, and under anyone else’s leadership, this display to honour the service of the officers who gave his life would be a no-brainer. Yet, under Trump, this officer gets no honour or respect from the current “leader” of the US. This is the same officer who family has been offered the choice to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. So, while the rest of the US mourn the loss of an officer attempting to do his job and protect the Capitol, as well as it’s legislature. </p>

<script async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script&gt;
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″></ins>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script>

<p>This is just yet another example of Trump taking a shit on the very people who took an oath to protect a part of this country, with their lives, if needed. </p>
      <p>Yet, Trump and his sycophants blocked National Guard Units, who sat at the ready at state borders. They could not enter the city without the proper approval. One can only imagine if that one officer who’s still be alive, should the National Guard been slowed to enter the city for support. </p>
      <p>I guess the rules are different when the person behind the insurrection is the same one who failed to protect the building, and the legislative bodies of the House and Senate. </p>
      <p>Anyone who can justify this action / inaction by Trump is neither a Democrat or Republican. They stand outside of the rule of law as defined in the Constitution, as well as subsequent policy. </p>
      <p>Trump and his lackeys are less American than I am, and I am not an “American” by any means, but only am considered a citizen, as recognition of the fact that I was born here, due to my father working in D.C., and I do not pledge any oath to this country, it’s Constitution, or any aspect of this country’s policies or rules of government, so that’s a pretty low bar that I set. </p>
      <p>My allegiance is to Canada, and then to myself. I view this country the same way I do any of the other sovereign nations that exist globally. </p>
      <p>On a much better note, I hear that the Bucs won last night. So, at least there’s that. 😎

I’d rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

• DCGoth

Participant

Shit, I really with I could edit the typo in the title. I can’t even report myself, to have a mod fix it.

Ugh.

• Roy

Participant

Agreed. That’s what is scary about this. The idea that so many self-described “patriotic Americans” are willing to throw it all down the tubes in order to keep white privilege in place. This is similar to the re-mergence of the KKK in the 1920s. But this time this movements “Hitler” is not in Europe, he’s here and just as crazy. Hitler was a bad joke in Europe before he wasn’t. I hope we don’t some day say the same about Trump. It seems right now like Trump has had his day, and now he’s done. But we don’t know that for sure.

Anyway, my real point is that can you give us just one province, preferably one of the liberal ones? If we can adopt Ontario and make it a state, along with DC and Puerto Rico we lizard people from outer space can get a stranglehold on the government forever….. Bwahaha! And we’ll rename the US…. how about Space Station 546A? Has a ring to it.

• DCGoth

Participant

This is similar to the re-mergence of the KKK in the 1920s.

Most true, and I agree.

The other thing that I feel this represents is the McCarthyism of the 50s, where people had their lives ruined by s as simple accusation. What makes this worse, is that it runs from the WH on down the ladder. I can’t really say the Eisenhower embraced McCarthyism. (It’s possible that he did; however, I’ve never cared to learn much about the fifties. I believed zinc loved them, though, as the fist half or more of the 60s more closely resembled the 50s.

What were come to attribute to 60s culture really didn’t become a thing until around 1967 or so.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.