Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

Never thought 2 years ago I would say this but I trust his judgement on whether to resign AB.

He has navigated the cap well and had done well once he quit drafting kickers.

I hope we draft best player available on the lines.

Depth needed at DT, flex center and guard and we need a spare OT for rhino sets.

We could use a corner/safety to develop who could play special teams and we really need a gunner as well

• buc_boi

Participant

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

The Jason Licht that took over as GM in 2014 is way different from the Jason Licht of today. He has learned on the job and improved his performance big time.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I say sign him. You’ve signed everyone else back. What better way to try to repeat than with the very same team that just won it last year.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I say sign him. You’ve signed everyone else back. What better way to try to repeat than with the very same team that just won it last year.

This right here. Then you fortify certain positions in the draft. Keep in mind that it’s very hard to defend your title. Every team you play is going to have the bullseye on your chest.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

He certainly has turned it around the last couple years. Hard to argue with a Superbowl win and the last few draft classes

His draft classes:

2014 – WR Mike Evans (1st round). A slam dunk pick but no other players remain with the team or really would be considered a hit.

2015 – OL Donovan Smith (2nd round), OG Ali Marpet (2nd round) – two key contributors on the offensive line. Sort of had to go with Jameis Winston with the #1 pick. I liked Jameis but just isn’t a winning QB and thus considered a bust with Tampa. Kwon Alexander contributed and considered a hit as a 4th round pick. Most GMs dont survive missing on a first round QB.

2016 – terrible draft. Vernon Hargraeves and Robert Aguayo draft. At this point, really questioning our talent evaluation. I don think many of us had confidence in him at this stage with just Evans and Marpet as hits and jury still out on Winston and Smith.

2017 – TE OJ Howard and WR Chris Godwin. Also had some potential with S Evans and LB Beckwith that didnt pan out.

2018 – DT Vita Vea, RB Ronald Jones, CB Carlton Davis, OG Alex Cappa, S Jordan Whitehead. Jury is still out on Rojo but he had a decent year last year. Still signing Fournette and Benard doesnt say much about their confidence in him. MJ Stewart was a miss but still to have 4-5 starters in a draft is great.

2019 – LB Devin White, CB Sean Bunting and Jamel Dean, S Mike Edwards, LB Anthony Nelson, WR Scotty Miller. 3 Starters and 3 key depth personnel is a great draft.

2020 – OT Tristian Wirfs, S Antoine Winfield Jr are absolute studs. Keyshawn Vaughn wont really be given the opportunity to be anything other than a miss. Tyler Johnson had some key catches but again assuming AB returns, he wont be given much of an opportunity at this stage.

the drafts from 2018 to 2020 really were night and day from Jasons first 3 drafts – nearly 10 starters on the Superbowl team with solid additional pieces.

let’s hope 2021 can continue the trend but even so Jason has bought himself the 5 year superbowl goodwill window assuming he doesn’t do something crazy like bad mouth Brady.

• Charles

Participant

Tom Brady will do that.

What was his record prior to this year overall.

Total garbage.

• buc_boi

Participant

Tom Brady will do that.

What was his record prior to this year overall.

Total garbage.

Jameis Winston will do that.

Funny how your logic doesn’t work both ways.

• m_j

Participant

yepp, agree, gotta trust him. he failed miserably in 2016 but he found more than enough great starters in following years. we‘ve got latest possible picks this year so if he finds one more I‘ll be happy!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

At this point its not upto licht.

It’s upto ab.

Tampa will not(at least should not) increase their original offer.

AB should get 0 guaranteed $. I’m sure he’ll get some based on last year. But i shouldn’t be much. $1-2 mil guaranteed id be fine with.

If we lose AB, so be it. I’d prefer edelman or Fitzgerald anyway.

• m_j

Participant

I am pretty sure AB is waiting to see what happens after draft, if anyone interested in him stays in the market for WR. if he comes back great, if not fine, we’re good on that position….. better than ever actually!

• BadabingBucs

Participant

QU

Fitz and Edelmen are washed up.

AB would break 1000 yards with us as the third option.

We are bringing back 2nd and third stringers, might as well finish it off with AB.

I just dont know if hes being unreasonable with expectations higher than 5M or if we are being way too cheap

• Roy

Participant

Sometimes silence speaks volumes. I haven’t heard a lot of teammates taking to the airwaves to lobby for AB. Where’s the lobbying? Its kind of quiet. At this point it could depend on what happens in the draft, but then again it might not depend on that. It might be that the Bucs just don’t want to guarantee any amount of money to a loose cannon if they think Johnson and Miller are going to step into bigger roles anyway.

• Runole

Participant

AB is about to overplay his hand if he waits to after the draft that is so deep in WR candidates. I would like him to sign but not be over paid which seems to be his goal.

• obuc

Participant

You always take a proven NFL vet over an untested rookie. That is a no brainer and at the receiver end, even if you cant sign or use AB or anyone else next year, you can draft receivers high that can make immediate impact.

IMO, the key is hitting on 1,2 and 3 rounds this and next year. Hopefully you can get 6 new starters out of that.

• Runole

Participant

Glad to see AB signed. It would appear to be a win/win for both the Bucs and AB.
      Before the draft even better!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.