Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Man this guy is an Eraser.

He reminds me of an Aldon Smith when he was good, without the headaches and mental issues. Big, fast, created so much chaos.

He is going to get 10 plus sacks with a regular snap count. He is so fast and long, and he scrapes an offensive line like a hunting lion.

Also, Blaine Gabbert sucks.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Stud.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

This is wild, man. This kid is SPECIAL.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Tough to call a kid a steal in the first round before playing his first NFL regular season game.

But hes sure looking like a steal.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Excellent comparison to Alton Smith, I can see that.

• SoberInSac

Participant

He reminds me more of Simeon Rice he’s not as strong yet but he will get there.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Man this guy is an Eraser.

He reminds me of an Aldon Smith when he was good, without the headaches and mental issues. Big, fast, created so much chaos.

He is going to get 10 plus sacks with a regular snap count. He is so fast and long, and he scrapes an offensive line like a hunting lion.

Also, Blaine Gabbert sucks.

I don’t care for Gab either but, to be fair the line has blocked atrociously.

• Swash

Participant

Monster. Im excited to see this guy in the regular season. His presence will keep JPP and Shaq fresher throughout the season. Major upgrade over Nelson as the #3 Edge. His get-off is elite.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Swash.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Aldon Smith is a very good comparison for this kid. I called it on draft night. I liked the pick because he’s lean and athletic, which you want your 3-4 edge rushers to be. When JPP hangs em up, he will step in and the pass rush won’t miss a beat

• seekpar

Participant

MANster

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He can’t be in a better position to succeed coming off for Shaq and JPP to give them some breaks

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Looking like a steal.

The power of investing in your line

• Madman

Participant

Sacks, TFL, constant pressure on the QB. This kid is special.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Hes gonna be fun to watch. He certainly looks and has played the part well so far. Best thing for him is he has a couple guys to learn from and has a ton of pressure taken off of him in his early career. Which could be very beneficial for him. We will see how that translates. Should be good for our d.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Aldon Smith is a very good comparison for this kid. I called it on draft night. I liked the pick because he’s lean and athletic, which you want your 3-4 edge rushers to be. When JPP hangs em up, he will step in and the pass rush won’t miss a beat

This will be unpopular, but saying we won’t miss a beat when JPP leaves is a very tall order. Tryon def looks talented and has most the physical attributes to be successful..but people underestimate how good JPP has been for many years, and still is a very good player. Everyone talks about Brady did for our offense, but it seems like no one talks about what JPP (and Suh) did for our defense. Pierre-Pierre brings physicality, nastiness,plenty of pass rushing moves, gap containment, and most importantly leadership as well as respect. Again, I like Tryon and believe he can be a good player for us, but not sure he can bring everything that JPP brought us. If Tryon can be what Shaq Barrett and DeMarcus Walker were in Denver, as rotational DL/Edge, in his rookie year then this will be a great year for our D. I really hope Joe is constantly picking Barrett and JPP’s brain and studying their moves and leadership. The kid does have the potential to be very good

• RudeGuy

Participant

Notice the Licht haters don’t come on this thread giving him credit for this pick. They prefer bashing him regarding the Vaughn pick on the other thread. He gets all the blame on that thread and on this thread crickets.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He gets blame for drafting kickers in round 2, backup third string lifers in round 2, Evans the wasted selection, And many many other infractions. Drafting is a low success skill even if you are good anyway.

Brady gets credit here. If Brady doesn’t sign in Tampa, we roll with Bridgewater and don’t make the playoffs, most likely.

Notice the Licht haters don’t come on this thread giving him credit for this pick. They prefer bashing him regarding the Vaughn pick on the other thread. He gets all the blame on that thread and on this thread crickets.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Boid Fink.

• Mic

Participant

As long as he learns and BA stays around I’m not too worried but he needs to not get cute

• TBChucky

Participant

Kid looks like a steal.. I think he has the potential to get 6 or 7 sacks coming off the bench this season.

• Kermit56

Participant

He has shown a lot of talent this preseason, and it makes me wonder whey other teams didn’t draft him ahead of us…

• aquilus

Participant

Wanted Rousseau in the worst way <who is also tearing it up in Buffalo>

But happy we got a great pick here

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Real cool of him to change his name AFTER the Bucs released his Tryon jersey to the team store at the stadium. Wonder why none of them are selling? It’s because they have an outdated name. Might as well sell Winston #3 jerseys.

• ONEBIGDADDY

Participant

He will be a difference maker lets hope. I enjoyed watching him.

• RudeGuy

Participant

He gets blame for drafting kickers in round 2, backup third string lifers in round 2, Evans the wasted selection, And many many other infractions. Drafting is a low success skill even if you are good anyway.

Brady gets credit here. If Brady doesn’t sign in Tampa, we roll with Bridgewater and don’t make the playoffs, most likely.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Boid Fink.

If he doesn’t sign Brady he gets bashed for it and it’s a crash and burn last season. Now Brady gets all the credit for the signing success? It takes 2 to make the deal go right. GM signs off on the contract and Brady brings his magic to the team. None of it happens without the Licht at the beginning of the tunnel.

• captain ahab

Participant

From a guy that’s been around since game one in 1976, this roster is by far the most talented I have ever seen assembled here in Tampa. It appears as though Licht has done well in this draft class, looks like at least five of the seven will make the team. I understand there are some or many here who are not fond of the selection of Kyle Trask, don’t count me in that group. My thinking here is that Trask just might turn out to be one of the best draft picks Licht has ever made. Two or three years behind Brady with a full understanding of the offense, then watch what he does. I’m not a Florida Gator but watched him plenty, he can sling it around and with accuracy.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.