Ultimate Manning-Favre-Winston Comparison

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    GottaJaboo
    Blocked

With Winston, you take the good with the bad. If you think the bad outweighs the good, I will tell you, you are dead wrong.

If the Texans lose Saturday, they have no business in the playoffs. Bottom line, Tampa is without it’s WR1, WR2, has no running game to speak of, and is really lousy at incorporating the TE into this offense, sans some dig routes by Brate once in a while.

I think we are trajecting towards a playoff type team and Winston is a huge part of that. Again, I question the mental health of any fan that isn’t enjoying the improvements on this team.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

DonkeyHunter
    Participant

I think we are trajecting towards a playoff type team and Winston is a huge part of that. Again, I question the mental health of any fan that isn’t enjoying the improvements on this team.

Aside from a troll or two, I don’t think you’ll find many on here who aren’t happy to see improvement.

It’s the disingenuous comparisons, hence this thread.

Also, the crowd that will hate Winston no matter what versus the crowd who think he’s perfect and walks on water (please sit down).

Those are the issues being debated.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    tog
    Participant

Just my opinion, but wouldn’t a Winston / Luck comparison be fair?

Interesting idea. And a better comparison because (a) same era and (b) he had a season under Bruce Arians (c) both had a bad OL/defense for much of their career and (d) both are “gunslingers”

I’ll pull the rankings later, but comparing Luck’s rookie season w/Bruce Arians and Winston’s 5th season we see:

Luck outperforms Winston in QBR and DVOA.
    Luck also does better in IN% (I mean, who wouldn’t?)
    Winston has more yards and more TDs and TD%. He also does better in ANY/A.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    tog
    Participant

@Donkeyhunter

From a “ranking” perspective Luck out-ranks Winston in everything but COMP%.

The real difference is INT – while Luck hasn’t been great Winston’s ranking is just so bad.

Luck’s stats also back up the evaluation of him as a player. Good, but didn’t live up to draft expectations as a “generational player”. He also never had a dominant season which is reflected in his DYAR – he was never better than 10th. His 13.5 average is a bit better than Winston’s 16.2.

P.S. I didn’t include Luck’s 4th year as he only had 7 games, too statistically small to draw an inference on.

Winston-Luck

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

The “Ultimate Manning-Favre-Winston Comparison”? I can give you the one thing that all of them should having in common that would make them a perfect comparison. Name 3 players that shouldn’t be on the Buccaneers roster next season.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

TBayXXXVII
    The “Ultimate Manning-Favre-Winston Comparison”? I can give you the one thing that all of them should having in common that would make them a perfect comparison. Name 3 players that shouldn’t be on the Buccaneers roster next season.
    _____
    Even better question.

Other than those 3, can you be a little bit more specific about the
    QB you would prefer?

The name of the QB you have in mind would only solidify the basis of your argument.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.