Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• watson

Participant

Is it just me or are there different rules for Bucs defenders versus the rest of the league offensive players when it comes to Unsportsman Like Conduct? When Hill does his peace/victory sign going into the endzone or does a back flip it is OK with the refs. When Winfield gives it back to him in the SB, he gets flagged and they march off 15 yards. On Sunday Edwards gets flagged for backing into the endzone….another 15 yard march off. On Sunday night Lamar Jackson…Ravens QB….does a flip into the endzone when he is scoring a TD and there was NO flag thrown. Just exactly what is “Unsportsman Like Conduct?” This double standard is ridiculous!!!!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agreed. Players have noticed this as well, it is just another way to let refs weasel their way into game and make subjective calls that impact the outcome of games.

The refs are terrible. Even with replay their is so much noodling around that occurs.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Make no mistake about it, since Brady got here; we get more favorable calls our way.

that isn’t to say it’s completely one sided as we certainly get penalized but the big calls go our way.

let’s imagine we have Winston, Fizpatrick, or Freeman at QB versus Brady in the following scenarios:

Week 1 – Godwin Potential Offensive Pass Interference Catch to win game – I can envision it too clearly that 9 times out of 10 that is called pass interference without Brady at QB

Superbowl – Evans trips over his own feet and we get a big call; Brady throws ball through the uprights and we get the ball at the 1 for AB touchdown

NFC Champ Game – They are letting them play all day and we get the pass interference call to ice the game on Tyler Johnson

dont get it twisted, i am ecstatic how dominate our Bucs are but the running joke at my house is “The Brady factor” when we get a favorable call lol

We dont get those close calls with Winston; thats for dame sure; but having a Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers type caliber QB on your team favors the overall view

• buc-in-out

Participant

Make no mistake about it, since Brady got here; we get more favorable calls our way.

that isn’t to say it’s completely one sided as we certainly get penalized but the big calls go our way.

let’s imagine we have Winston, Fizpatrick, or Freeman at QB versus Brady in the following scenarios:

Week 1 – Godwin Potential Offensive Pass Interference Catch to win game – I can envision it too clearly that 9 times out of 10 that is called pass interference without Brady at QB

Superbowl – Evans trips over his own feet and we get a big call; Brady throws ball through the uprights and we get the ball at the 1 for AB touchdown

NFC Champ Game – They are letting them play all day and we get the pass interference call to ice the game on Tyler Johnson

dont get it twisted, i am ecstatic how dominate our Bucs are but the running joke at my house is “The Brady factor” when we get a favorable call lol

We dont get those close calls with Winston; thats for dame sure; but having a Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers type caliber QB on your team favors the overall view

Agreed 100%, because of Brady we get favorable penalty calls.. and is it just a coincidence that our schedule is favorable? Later bye week, less brutal travel scheduling, etc…

I think the taunting calls this year are total horse shit. You’re in the heat of the moment, just made a huge play and you are supposed to keep calm and control your emotions like a damn robot? Ridiculous. Why bring back endzone celebrations only to call this horse shit? I bet this rule disappears next year.

• Runole

Participant

Why bring back endzone celebrations only to call this horse shit? I bet this rule disappears next year.

They have become ridiculously stupid and lame.

• Kermit56

Participant

let’s imagine we have Winston, Fizpatrick, or Freeman at QB

Shudder the thought!!!

• seekpar

Participant

Agree re Godwin week one, looked like OPI to me, but we’ll take it.

I’ve watched the playoff games numerous times…

SB DPI against Evans, disagree, the defender tripped him, good call.

NFCCG DPI against Johnson, disagree, the defender grabbed his jersey with one hand, then grabbed it with the other hand, slowed him by two steps, it was so egregious the refs had to call it, good call.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Agree re Godwin week one, looked like OPI to me, but we’ll take it.

I’ve watched the playoff games numerous times…

SB DPI against Evans, disagree, the defender tripped him, good call.

NFCCG DPI against Johnson, disagree, the defender grabbed his jersey with one hand, then grabbed it with the other hand, slowed him by two steps, it was so egregious the refs had to call it, good call.

not saying they weren’t good calls but think about the last 2 decades and how many calls went the other way.

there is holding on every play. football is a game of inches and with Brady, those game changing calls tend to go our way.

Doesn’t take anything away from our success as that’s part of the game but if fans of other teams saw this OP thread, they’d be going crazy as to our lunacy

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

We also got a break when David took off his helmet after breaking up a pass play.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

The penalty is way too subjective which is the problem with it. Allow everything or allow nothing. Take the power away from the zebras to affect the game.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Is it just me or are there different rules for Bucs defenders versus the rest of the league offensive players when it comes to Unsportsman Like Conduct? When Hill does his peace/victory sign going into the endzone or does a back flip it is OK with the refs. When Winfield gives it back to him in the SB, he gets flagged and they march off 15 yards. On Sunday Edwards gets flagged for backing into the endzone….another 15 yard march off. On Sunday night Lamar Jackson…Ravens QB….does a flip into the endzone when he is scoring a TD and there was NO flag thrown. Just exactly what is “Unsportsman Like Conduct?” This double standard is ridiculous!!!!

Not only did winfield get penalized, he got fined as well. Lawl.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I hate when people say things go the Bucs way as a result of Brady. There is no merit in this nonsense. None.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I hate when people say things go the Bucs way as a result of Brady. There is no merit in this nonsense. None.

So I’ve only been a bucs fan for about 21 years now and I can tell you close calls never really went our way

They seem to go our way now

I am not saying that to take anything anyway from our success but just trying to be realistic

Fans of other teams would be appalled by the thought that we are complaining about refs. Just saying lol

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

So I’ve only been a bucs fan for about 21 years now and I can tell you close calls never really went our way

They seem to go our way now

I am not saying that to take anything anyway from our success but just trying to be realistic

Fans of other teams would be appalled by the thought that we are complaining about refs. Just saying lol

Same shits happening to MUFC but the opposite this year.

People been bitching for years they get every penalty call.

Ogs suggested the other day right after klopp (liverpools manager) mentioned it now the opposite is happening. They are getting no PKs. Nearly cost them vs west ham in the epl if not for ddgs heroics!

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I mean if we are being honest you can call a penalty on every play

Holding, interference seem to be judgement calls most of the time

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.