Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• StevieJanowski

Participant

It looks like Luke Keuchly will miss Week 4 and a decent chance Thomas Davis is out. http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-bucs-week-4-luke-kuechly-thomas-davis/I wish the both of them the best of health, but this is a huge opportunity for the team. We need to put up points on Sunday and force Cam to throw.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish they were able to play. I would like to see our offense against a healthy Panthers defense. It would be huge for us to come out with a win against a healthy division rival.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Getting a win or 2… or even 3 in a given year because the opponents best/better players are hurt isn’t really a good thing when you the difference is a 4-win season compared and a 6 or 7-win.  In fact, it only hurts.  It gives false hope that things are better than what they really are.  This is a 4 to 5-win team when you compare coaching and talent across the league.  If they get 6 or 7 wins this year because of other teams’ injuries, then it’s only going to make it harder for the organization to address the bigger problem areas… such as the Head Coach.My preference is that the Bucs face every team playing their "A" game and completely healthy.  If Lovie can get this team to 7 wins under those conditions, then I'm fine with him.  If he can get only 5 or 6 when we're playing against teams not playing well and have injuries, then I'm not impressed.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Too bad we can’t see Sims juke Kuechly out of his shoes again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t care about those scrubs…just don’t let that Derek Anderson get the ball…dude is money!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would you rather play a weak team and win or a strong team and lose? At this point, this early in the season, I'd like to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would you rather play a weak team and win or a strong team and lose? At this point, this early in the season, I'd like to win.

I want to play a strong team to get a better idea of where my team stands.  If I lose, then so be it... I have more information to build off of.  If I beat a weaker team, it only helps 1 game in the win column.  I don't have any tangible information to use in order to make my team stronger.  In the end, certain things come to light anyway... so as I said before a game or 2 may not matter on the success or failure of a season, but it could cloud the decision makers perception.Having a team go from 2-14 to 4-12 isn't really much of an upgrade.  But, if you get 2 or 3 gift wins because teams aren't healthy, then a 7-9 record could lead people to believe that things are going in the right direction when they really aren't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams have injuries all the time it’s part of the game.  When was the last time the Bucs have played at full strength?  It’s time we get some wins.  Who cares about perception.  Maybe a win will build some confidence and swagger which in turn would lead to more victories. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the NFL. There are no “gift wins” Even when the opponent has players down for injury they’ll stop pose a challege as they expect one. Every team has injured players. Not sure why all of a sudden we are seeing wins as a detriment or downplaying their value. The Panthers won last week without Keuchly. With or without him the game will be significant and difficult. I doubt players and coaches leave a game after a W thinking "Eh, it was a weak team."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care about those scrubs...just don't let that Derek Anderson get the ball...dude is money!!

Luke Keuchly and Thomas Davis are scrubs...?!?!Get back on your meds...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to play a strong team to get a better idea of where my team stands.  If I lose, then so be it... I have more information to build off of.  If I beat a weaker team, it only helps 1 game in the win column.  I don't have any tangible information to use in order to make my team stronger.  In the end, certain things come to light anyway... so as I said before a game or 2 may not matter on the success or failure of a season, but it could cloud the decision makers perception.Having a team go from 2-14 to 4-12 isn't really much of an upgrade.  But, if you get 2 or 3 gift wins because teams aren't healthy, then a 7-9 record could lead people to believe that things are going in the right direction when they really aren't.

A win is a win....good for us, bad for them...End of story

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care about those scrubs...just don't let that Derek Anderson get the ball...dude is money!!

Scary part is I haven't stopped taking 'em...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop Greg Olsen and they win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can’t let a cheap win get in the way of us drafting a franchise changing player in the draft. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scary part is I haven't stopped taking 'em...

Very Very  Scary

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can't let a cheap win get in the way of us drafting a franchise changing player in the draft.

Lovie?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to play a strong team to get a better idea of where my team stands.  If I lose, then so be it... I have more information to build off of. If I beat a weaker team, it only helps 1 game in the win column.  I don't have any tangible information to use in order to make my team stronger.  In the end, certain things come to light anyway... so as I said before a game or 2 may not matter on the success or failure of a season, but it could cloud the decision makers perception.Having a team go from 2-14 to 4-12 isn't really much of an upgrade.  But, if you get 2 or 3 gift wins because teams aren't healthy, then a 7-9 record could lead people to believe that things are going in the right direction when they really aren't.

What other stat matter besides wins and losses?1369727780720084.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I approve this whole thread.  Red Board for the Win.Go Bucs!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now only if Greg Olsen would get suspended for PEDS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we should play for the tie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every time I hear this argument I SMH.  Every team that wins the SB for the most part has injured and missing players, and every team they play against in the SB have injured and missing players.  We are missing ASJ, McCoy is playing injured.  That is football.  No team is 100%.  You will continually disappoint yourself if you always believe the Bucs have to play a 100% healthy team with all of its starters to gauge the team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every time I hear this argument I SMH.  Every team that wins the SB for the most part has injured and missing players, and every team they play against in the SB have injured and missing players.  We are missing ASJ, McCoy is playing injured.  That is football.  No team is 100%.  You will continually disappoint yourself if you always believe the Bucs have to play a 100% healthy team with all of its starters to gauge the team

At this point, this organization NEEDS wins! It does NOT matter who they beat...EVERY team they play is an NFL team. Fuck all that bravado...just win some damn games!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad we can't see Sims juke Kuechly out of his shoes again.

In your dreams only.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to play a strong team to get a better idea of where my team stands.  If I lose, then so be it... I have more information to build off of. If I beat a weaker team, it only helps 1 game in the win column.  I don't have any tangible information to use in order to make my team stronger.  In the end, certain things come to light anyway... so as I said before a game or 2 may not matter on the success or failure of a season, but it could cloud the decision makers perception.Having a team go from 2-14 to 4-12 isn't really much of an upgrade.  But, if you get 2 or 3 gift wins because teams aren't healthy, then a 7-9 record could lead people to believe that things are going in the right direction when they really aren't.

What other stat matter besides wins and losses?1369727780720084.jpg

Caliber of opponent matters... 2010 should tell you that, I shouldn't have to.  For good teams, W's and L's matter because they know they're good.  But when you're a team who stinks and are trying to turn the corner, beating bad teams and losing to good ones (Bucs, circa 2010), doesn't give you a true measure of your team, see Bucs, circa 2011 as proof.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This line is why you're missing the point.  The teams in the playoffs (and the team that wins the SB), are already good to great teams.  They can get by with missing a player or 2 or 3... as long as it isn't their superstar player.  The thing is, we're talking about a 2-win team the year before.  We're not talking about one of the best teams in the league, we are legitimately talking about the worst team in the league (as sourced by the #1 draft pick in April).ASJ is a nobody and completely irrelevant because he's never proven to be of long term value.  McCoy playing "injured"?  He's "hurt", just like everyone who plays in the NFL, he's not "injured".I'm not disappointing myself because I don't believe the Bucs opponents are playing at 100%, I just rather them be as close as possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point, this organization NEEDS wins! It does NOT matter who they beat...EVERY team they play is an NFL team. (censored) all that bravado...just win some damn games!

If this team goes 6-10 because they beat 3 teams with important injuries, they keep Lovie because of the 4-game improvement, then follow that up with a 3-13 season in 2016 because Lovie still sucks as an HC, how does that make you feel?  Me, I'd have been happier with playing teams at full strength, going 3-13 this year and firing Lovie in January.  I'd rather not throw away another season.  I'm willing to give up 3 wins this year to get a new HC for next year.

Please wait…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.