Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Brian Urlacher: Demoting Monte Kiffin makes Cowboys betterUrlacher not a fan of the longtime DC. Jason Butt    National Football PostJuly 17, 2014,    2:14 PM EST..url_zpsceab5e7f.pngTight end #85 Ken Dilger of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is brought down by linebacker #54 Brian Urlacher of the Bears Monte Kiffin does not have a fan in Brian Urlacher. The former Bears linebacker, appearing on FOX Sports, said the Cowboys will be a better team in 2014 because Kiffin will not be calling the defensive plays. “They’re going to be better because last year they were so bad,” Urlacher said. “They didn’t run any Cover-2 last year. Monte Kiffin was calling the defense, it wasn’t my man Rod Marinelli, who is going to be calling the defense this year, so it will be a lot of Cover-2.” Kiffin was demoted to assistant head coach/defense, with Marinelli being promoted from defensive line coach to defensive coordinator. Take Urlacher's comments with a grain of salt. He and Marinelli have a positive working relationship, with Marinelli being the Bears defensive coordinator from 2010-2012. It could be a case of the former Pro Bowl linebacker playing favorites on the issue. But Kiffin was dreadfully bad a season ago. The Cowboys ranked dead last in the NFL, giving up an average of 415.3 yards per game. So Urlacher's right in that it won't take much to improve the Cowboys' defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why wasn’t Monte running Cover 2 ?? Senile ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Urlacher seems like a doofus… We should send him to Mayhem’s dojo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bwahahaha !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was weird seeing a Monte run defense playing that poorly, but the guy didn’t have nearly as much to work with as he did down here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol i love monte kiffin and everything he has done here…..but the dude is like 300 years old, im surprised he remembers how to put his pants on let alone read and react to nfl calibre offences on the spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, it’d be nice to see him relax and retire. Maybe he’s just one of those guys who can’t do that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it was more of a case where the system didn’t fit the players. He called a defense that he probably thought was better suited to the players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kiffin was bad at USC as well.  I once thought he had a chance at the hall.  No way now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kiffin was bad at USC as well.  I once thought he had a chance at the hall.  No way now.

I say his resume is pretty stacked.16 years of top ten defenses, three divisional titles, and one superbowl? Something like that. And he's suddenly not worthy of hof?Not buying that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should of hung up his whistle after the Bucs tenure. Then his HOF credentials would of peaked. Now, he is just hurting his chances.  He should retire to Key West and take Lane with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cowboys had a lot of injuries. They got no pressure either, probably less than us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I say his resume is pretty stacked.16 years of top ten defenses, three divisional titles, and one superbowl? Something like that. And he's suddenly not worthy of hof?Not buying that.

Wasn't that the worst D in Dallas's history or something like that?  People will remember that garbage for a long time.  He may get in way later but I thought it was a lock to see it sooner than later.  this derailed it, bigtime.

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.