Viewing 70 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

… bad things?http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/06/02/2014-season-record-projections-playoffs-seahawks-colts/9767615/Buccaneerss 3-13: Big gamble that 2013 Josh McCown is real deal, and journeyman QB of previous 11 years is gone for good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand not being a believer in McCown, but it’s really really really hard to be so bad you go 3-13. Last year with Glennon and a sub-NFL level head coach the Bucs still won 4 games. In 2011 with the players quitting on Raheem Morris worse than most ever see in the NFL, they still won 4 games. Most bad teams still win 4, 5, or 6 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, the write-up and reasoning are… thin.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

3 wins wouldn’t surprise me this year. We’re a team in transition. I think our max is 6 wins this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO @ the Colts having the best record in the NFL. Garbage predictions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That article is absolutely horrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just a couple of things about this: Our D alone is good enough to win 5 games...and that is with NOTHING from the O Detroit with 4 wins is laughable...even as much as I hate them EVERYBODY in the NFC W with 10 or more wins?????? Jags are much better than 4 wins...I think Finally...I just don't see how the Bills can only win 3 games...too much talent on D...and they have 47 WRs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. Lovie isn't "schiano bad" in his schemes, which alone makes the team better by default. Tampa put up better records with younger squads, with inexperienced coaches. What exactly then is there reason to believe we would actually do worse? Transition? Nah. We've had worse coaches and rosters do better in transitions than just 3 wins.SOS maybe? ..What, are we banking on sweeping the panthers, then getting lucky a couple of times? ..I call bs!Mccown is "overhyped??"  ...maybe, but even then, we still have glennon, who, like everyone else, will play better because of the improvements on defense and the strong running/wr game. Mccown can be average, but that still won't be a problem (say hi bradj).This team will win more than six games, all the way up to playoff contention, but three games is ludicrous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 SEP 7 4:25PMEDT )    PANTHERS – I could see a loss here if their Defense stifles our Offense – L2 SEP 14 4:05PMEDT )    RAMS - Same with the Rams, their pass rush is nothing to sneeze at - L3 SEP 18 8:25PMEDT *  ,  AT  FALCONS - If the Falcons can make a comeback on Offense, this is a hard game to win - L4 SEP 28 1:00PMEDT )  AT  STEELERS - LeBeau is still the best in the game and Big Ben has won two Super Bowls - L5 OCT 5 1:00PMEDT )  AT  SAINTS - Brees, 'nuff said - L6 OCT 12 1:00PMEDT *    RAVENS - I think we'll win this one - W7 BYE8 OCT 26 1:00PMEDT )    VIKINGS - Another one I feel confident about winning, especially coming off the Bye - W9 NOV 2 1:00PMEST )  AT  BROWNS - I just don't see any life in Cleveland. This is a win for sure - W10 NOV 9 1:00PMEST )    FALCONS - Like I said earlier, if their Offense comes alive they could be very dangerous - L11 NOV 16 1:00PMEST )  AT  REDSKINS - Say what you want about RG3, he plays hard - L12 NOV 23 1:00PMEST )  AT  BEARS - We might be trying to mimic their Offense in Tampa, but they've already got years of experience - L13 NOV 30 1:00PMEST *    BENGALS - This is a consistently good team that we can't go to sleep on - L14 DEC 7 1:00PMEST )  AT  LIONS - In their house, looking for revenge - L15 DEC 14 1:00PMEST )  AT  PANTHERS - Cam does the Superman dance at home - L16 DEC 21 1:00PMEST )    PACKERS - Aaron Rodgers is arguably the most accurate QB in football - L17 DEC 28 1:00PMEST )    SAINTS - Brees - L3 wins. No, I'm not trolling, just trying to be a realist. I don't want us to only win 3 games, but our QB is a HUGE question mark, we have new starters all over the roster, including multiple rookies, and you can't just assume wins in the NFL. This was a 4-12 team a year ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 SEP 7 4:25PMEDT )    PANTHERS - I could see a loss here if their Defense stifles our Offense - L2 SEP 14 4:05PMEDT )    RAMS - Same with the Rams, their pass rush is nothing to sneeze at - L3 SEP 18 8:25PMEDT *  ,  AT  FALCONS - If the Falcons can make a comeback on Offense, this is a hard game to win - L4 SEP 28 1:00PMEDT )  AT  STEELERS - LeBeau is still the best in the game and Big Ben has won two Super Bowls - L5 OCT 5 1:00PMEDT )  AT  SAINTS - Brees, 'nuff said - L6 OCT 12 1:00PMEDT *    RAVENS - I think we'll win this one - W7 BYE8 OCT 26 1:00PMEDT )    VIKINGS - Another one I feel confident about winning, especially coming off the Bye - W9 NOV 2 1:00PMEST )  AT  BROWNS - I just don't see any life in Cleveland. This is a win for sure - W10 NOV 9 1:00PMEST )    FALCONS - Like I said earlier, if their Offense comes alive they could be very dangerous - L11 NOV 16 1:00PMEST )  AT  REDSKINS - Say what you want about RG3, he plays hard - L12 NOV 23 1:00PMEST )  AT  BEARS - We might be trying to mimic their Offense in Tampa, but they've already got years of experience - L13 NOV 30 1:00PMEST *    BENGALS - This is a consistently good team that we can't go to sleep on - L14 DEC 7 1:00PMEST )  AT  LIONS - In their house, looking for revenge - L15 DEC 14 1:00PMEST )  AT  PANTHERS - Cam does the Superman dance at home - L16 DEC 21 1:00PMEST )    PACKERS - Aaron Rodgers is arguably the most accurate QB in football - L17 DEC 28 1:00PMEST )    SAINTS - Brees - L3 wins. No, I'm not trolling, just trying to be a realist. I don't want us to only win 3 games, but our QB is a HUGE question mark, we have new starters all over the roster, including multiple rookies, and you can't just assume wins in the NFL. This was a 4-12 team a year ago.

I see us atleast splitting with the Panthers and Falcons, the Saints I could see us losing both to. Lions, Steelers, Bengals, Rams, Bears, and Redskins games I see all as possible toss up games to me. I am predicting 7-8 wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 SEP 7 4:25PMEDT )    PANTHERS - I could see a loss here if their Defense stifles our Offense - L2 SEP 14 4:05PMEDT )    RAMS - Same with the Rams, their pass rush is nothing to sneeze at - L3 SEP 18 8:25PMEDT *  ,  AT  FALCONS - If the Falcons can make a comeback on Offense, this is a hard game to win - L4 SEP 28 1:00PMEDT )  AT  STEELERS - LeBeau is still the best in the game and Big Ben has won two Super Bowls - L5 OCT 5 1:00PMEDT )  AT  SAINTS - Brees, 'nuff said - L6 OCT 12 1:00PMEDT *    RAVENS - I think we'll win this one - W7 BYE8 OCT 26 1:00PMEDT )    VIKINGS - Another one I feel confident about winning, especially coming off the Bye - W9 NOV 2 1:00PMEST )  AT  BROWNS - I just don't see any life in Cleveland. This is a win for sure - W10 NOV 9 1:00PMEST )    FALCONS - Like I said earlier, if their Offense comes alive they could be very dangerous - L11 NOV 16 1:00PMEST )  AT  REDSKINS - Say what you want about RG3, he plays hard - L12 NOV 23 1:00PMEST )  AT  BEARS - We might be trying to mimic their Offense in Tampa, but they've already got years of experience - L13 NOV 30 1:00PMEST *    BENGALS - This is a consistently good team that we can't go to sleep on - L14 DEC 7 1:00PMEST )  AT  LIONS - In their house, looking for revenge - L15 DEC 14 1:00PMEST )  AT  PANTHERS - Cam does the Superman dance at home - L16 DEC 21 1:00PMEST )    PACKERS - Aaron Rodgers is arguably the most accurate QB in football - L17 DEC 28 1:00PMEST )    SAINTS - Brees - L3 wins. No, I'm not trolling, just trying to be a realist. I don't want us to only win 3 games, but our QB is a HUGE question mark, we have new starters all over the roster, including multiple rookies, and you can't just assume wins in the NFL. This was a 4-12 team a year ago.

There are two things to consider. 1.) Division games breed familiarity. It's virtually impossible to go 0-6 against the teams you know best. Historically, the Bucs have done best in these games, usually beating the Saints once each year and always playing the Falcons tough, even when they're going 13-3. The Bucs should win at least two of these games. 2.) While every team out there at times plays well, they also lose bad games every year, too. The Rams may have played Seattle and San Fran really tight (see #1 above), but they also lost to the 4-12 Falcons, got drilled by the Cowboys, and lost to Tennessee. The Steelers are historically a good team but they lost to the horrible Vikings, the Raiders, and Dolphins. The Redskins may bounce back to their 2012 form, but they barely beat the Schiano Bucs by 2 points that season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last year the Bucs won 4 games with Glennon, Schiano, MRSA, and Freeman’s head issues.Are you saying we got worse?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I’m not expecting the team to be great this year, but 3-13 isn’t merely “not great”.  It’s downright putrid.  And while I’ll be surprised if McCown repeats last year’s success, it’d be exceedingly difficult for him to manage to be worse than Freeman was last year.  (God, I hope this post doesn’t wind up getting bumped in October.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not saying we got worse, I’m saying that I’m highly unsure of the changes we may at QB, our OL is iffy at best, and we have a bunch of rookies learning a new system. That doesn’t breed success in most cases.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see us getting swept in the division. Just don’t see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not saying we got worse, I'm saying that I'm highly unsure of the changes we may at QB, our OL is iffy at best, and we have a bunch of rookies learning a new system. That doesn't breed success in most cases.

I understand and somewhat agree with certain points you do have, but 3 wins is a silly prediction.Whom is going to guard up our huge wideout core? It might as well be grimes against graham at all three spots on the field.And regardless of your (maybe our) opinion of mccown's play, idk if anyone could question his accuracy throughout those games. He may not be EXACTLY like he was there, but 80 percent of what we saw from mccown last year would still be phenomenal for us. If he can play as good, or better than bradj, then it's good enough. If the defense is solid, all we need is average or better offense (and good game management) to succeed.Now, I do believe we'll start off badly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

3 wins is ridiculous. Retarded. I dont even know where to begin. It's just a completely awful prediction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

3 wins is ridiculous. Retarded. I dont even know where to begin. It's just a completely awful prediction.

Exactly. If Schiano can get us 4 wins last year, Lovie can and should be able to top that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoa, now. I never said we would get 3 wins, I said 3 wins isn’t outside the realm of possibility. I think we’ll have 6 wins when it’s all said and done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We could easily start 1-4 and finish 0-3, with some tough games in the middle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's definitely a tough schedule.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's definitely a tough schedule.

but we'll be a tougher team with something we clearly didn't have last year, leadership at both the HC and QB positions. We win no less than 9.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On paper, the Bucs are pretty much a 6-10 team.  If starting caliber guards emerge, and the offense is NFL average you can bump up that win total by as much as two more more wins.Teams that go 3 wins or less tend to lack a lot of talent.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

There’s no way we regress from last season . No way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The least talented team fielded in recent Bucs memory was under Gruden but that team still managed to win four games if I recall correctly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2009 team was the least talented. Went 3-13, should have been 2-14 but Hartley shanked a chip shot FG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2009 team was the least talented. Went 3-13, should have been 2-14 but Hartley shanked a chip shot FG.

At least we got an all pro out of the deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Predicting wins and losses in June is about as useful and informative as mocking the 2015 draft a year early.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad they waited to play Freeman. If they played him from the start we would have won a few more games and ended up with a real impact player like Earl Thomas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You clowns said the same things when national writers predicted a very poor record for the Bucs in 2011. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The least talented team fielded in recent Bucs memory was under Gruden but that team still managed to win four games if I recall correctly.

he was one hell of a coach.

Please wait…

• bigbucsfan

Participant

he was one hell of a coach.

Best head coach in the NFL since Don Shula.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was such an astute developer of young QB’s and an eye for washed up talent.

Please wait…

• bigbucsfan

Participant

Which young QB did Gruden have on the roster to develop?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see 6-7 wins with this team right now with all the moving parts and tough schedule. We don’t know how good of an OC Tedford will be since he’s never coached in the NFL. Josh McCown should be ok but he’s been a career backup so that’s hard to predict also. While doubtful, 3-13 isn’t out of the question. 3-13 season = Mariota sweepstakes here we come!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a head coaches who cost millions of dollars and multiple picks and who delivers a Super Bowl to a franchise and then installs his hand-picked gm . .  . has no control over the roster . .  he's basically a powerless stooge(too tired for blue font)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think loosing over the pass several years has broken the fans spirit.  The Bucs have some talent and could average 28 points per game…with a top 10 defense that should win a number of games.  I think we will be at least 8-8 but might go 10-6 with a little luck.  McCown has always had the physical skills to be a good QB but now he sees the field better…why is that so hard for some people to believe.  We have depth at running back, TE, and WR.  If the o-line fails to develop….Lovie’s team will pickup a guard this summer.  I love the churn at the bottom of the roster that will lead to depth. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand not being a believer in McCown, but it's really really really hard to be so bad you go 3-13. Last year with Glennon and a sub-NFL level head coach the Bucs still won 4 games. In 2011 with the players quitting on Raheem Morris worse than most ever see in the NFL, they still won 4 games. Most bad teams still win 4, 5, or 6 games.

Yes, I’d be pretty surprised if we are worse this year with a better HC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's no way we regress from last season . No way.

Getting actual NFL QB play should be worth 3 more wins alone, wouldn't you agree?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Getting actual NFL QB play should be worth 3 more wins alone, wouldn't you agree?

Agreed. Upgrading from Glennon to McCown at least makes us competitive in the second half of games.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

McCown, almost immediately, is going to kick some major ***, and sign on for the following season as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glad most are ignoring the clown/troll/bigot. He and java make a great team.Let Davis know your feelings on this via Twitter. 3-13 is ridiculous, IMO.?@ByNateDavisFor record, @TBBuccaneers #bucs fans, really like direction of franchise under Lovie/Licht. But I think they need/deserve some time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You clowns said the same things when national writers predicted a very poor record for the Bucs in 2011.

I'd cite last year.  I was one of many people who grumped "wait, we add Revis and get *worse*?  How does *that* work?" Of course, that was predicated on not knowing the extent to which Freeman was going to implode.  Still, you never know.  I'd *really* comfortably take the over on 3 wins this coming season though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Walter Football had us at 5-11 last year and we went 4-12. Interested to see what their prediction is this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. Upgrading from Glennon to McCown at least makes us competitive in the second half of games.

+1 Can't dispute that fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Improved QB play should help, but the QB laying on his back looking up at the sky because the OL is getting run over by the opponents defensive line does not bode well for improved QB play.  Until this new OL shows that they are an improvement over last year I’m not sure how the QB change is going to impact the number of wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t see 3 wins. I can see 10 wins a lot easier than I can see 3 wins. Vegas has us at 7.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

The offensive line it the main concern.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt the OL is a concern. Not any more of a concern than last year and we won 4 games with Schiano/Glennon. We have added players to make us better on offense.QBWR2WR3TE1TE2LTCRBOur guards last year totally sucked. TOTALLY. So why is it that everyone is thinking we are up the creek because our guards suck when we potentially upgraded 8 other positions on offense and we cant possibly be any worse at OG this year anyway? I would have certainly drafted a starting OG in the 3rd round. They forgot to let me pick. It's all about the front office needs to see their vision of an explosive offense take shape and they obviously didn't think that our 3 midget RB's can do it. Can't really say I disagree. I would have liked to see Carlos Hyde in the ugly uni's. That is the kind of RB you want when you have a weak OL. He will be a good one IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luke McCown should have been the 2008 starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We had a better roster 12 months ago than we do today. Murphy’s law kicked in and we do have a better coaching staff now, but it’s still going to be 5-7 wins tops.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Improved QB play should help, but the QB laying on his back looking up at the sky because the OL is getting run over by the opponents defensive line does not bode well for improved QB play.  Until this new OL shows that they are an improvement over last year I'm not sure how the QB change is going to impact the number of wins.

Last year's offensive line wasn't that bad in pass protection. According to NFL.com, they gave up the 13th fewest QB hits of any team. The problem was Glennon has absolutely no escapability and went down almost every time he got touched. Despite those 13th fewest QB hits, the Bucs QBs got sacked the 6th most in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs will win more than 3 games this season. I think the low bar is 6-10, the high bar 10-6. It really depends on how quickly things come together and key players health, etc. For some reason, I'm really not worried about McCown. I think he'll be fine. He won't be Peyton Manning but I don't think the offense will be terrible under him, either....and let's face it - anything is better than Schiano's 3 yards and a cloud of nothing offense. Anyone who thinks we're going 0-6 in division is crazy. Even with the train wreck of last season we still managed to win a game in the South.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree w Jason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Improved QB play should help, but the QB laying on his back looking up at the sky because the OL is getting run over by the opponents defensive line does not bode well for improved QB play.  Until this new OL shows that they are an improvement over last year I'm not sure how the QB change is going to impact the number of wins.

Last year's offensive line wasn't that bad in pass protection. According to NFL.com, they gave up the 13th fewest QB hits of any team. The problem was Glennon has absolutely no escapability and went down almost every time he got touched. Despite those 13th fewest QB hits, the Bucs QBs got sacked the 6th most in the NFL.

OL play is totally dependent on all the players working in unison.  Last year….for the most part…..the players had all played together for a couple of years.  This year you are looking at an almost…if not total makeover.  In the long run these guys…IMO…will be better than what was on the field last year, but it will take time for them to gel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't see 3 wins. I can see 10 wins a lot easier than I can see 3 wins. Vegas has us at 7.

Took long enough?! Damn. This is the only one that matters because Vegas puts its money where its mouth is!! The rest is just fodder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our D alone is good enough to win 5 games...and that is with NOTHING from the O

As long as David is done handing out freebies. :p

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just a couple of things about this: Finally...I just don't see how the Bills can only win 3 games...too much talent on D...and they have 47 WRs

And not a proven slinger to get them the pigskin.  Makes them moot, until he proves us wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We had a better roster 12 months ago than we do today. Murphy's law kicked in and we do have a better coaching staff now, but it's still going to be 5-7 wins tops.

ummm-no.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst case 5-11.  Best Case 12-4.Most likely 8-8 or 9-7Ball bounces our way for once (or twice) 10-6.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt the OL is a concern. Not any more of a concern than last year and we won 4 games with Schiano/Glennon. We have added players to make us better on offense.QBWR2WR3TE1TE2LTCRBOur guards last year totally sucked. TOTALLY. So why is it that everyone is thinking we are up the creek because our guards suck when we potentially upgraded 8 other positions on offense and we cant possibly be any worse at OG this year anyway? I would have certainly drafted a starting OG in the 3rd round. They forgot to let me pick. It's all about the front office needs to see their vision of an explosive offense take shape and they obviously didn't think that our 3 midget RB's can do it. Can't really say I disagree. I would have liked to see Carlos Hyde in the ugly uni's. That is the kind of RB you want when you have a weak OL. He will be a good one IMO.

We have also added players on defense to make that unit better. I have no doubt Lovie and Tedford would win more than 4 games if they were stuck with the roster Schiano had last year. With the upgrades in personnel made so far, 8 wins should be the minimum. I expect they're not through in free agency, or maybe some trades. Unless there is a rash of key injuries, the Bucs are primed for their first winning season since 2010. No way they regress to 3 wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just adding a competent professional NFL coaching staff gives us at least 6 wins. We are a talented team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst case 5-11.  Best Case 12-4.Most likely 8-8 or 9-7Ball bounces our way for once (or twice) 10-6.

I'd love a 10-6 season, I just don't think this Offense has double digit wins in it. I'll more than happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but 6 wins is the most I see out of this team, this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Different scheme and different players. We've added talent at the skill positions, I don't deny that at all. But these guards have to perform in this scheme and that's a big, big question mark for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who predicts 3 wins just because of questionable guards? Guards were awful, we had a bad defensive scheme and no playmakers last year and we won 4. Now we have a good scheme and have upgraded talent on both sides of the ball. If you think McCown is going to suck and Glennon is going to regress then maybe I can believe 3 wins. That is the only way because regardless of who the guards are they wont be any worse than Davin Joseph and Meredith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And we have Meredith back, which means that our guards are a major concern because we let Joseph go?Obviously we are all concerned about the OG sitiations but that alone doesnt make this team a 3 win team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OG is one of the least important positions on the entire field. I understand the concern there, but having poor guard play isn’t going to completely ruin the season to the point where we only win 3 games. Anyways, I don’t think Meredith is as bad as people make him out to be. Cousins, on the other hand is awful from what I’ve heard. I think someone will be able to beat him out for the other starting spot. Either way, whoever is there won’t be much worse than Davin was last year.I think at worst we win 5 games, and I could see us winning as many as 11. Really comes down to QB play and if the rookies can make an immediate impact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL is not always easy to judge. Going down the schedule and trying to assign Ws and Ls is not a very good track record. Chances are we will beat the Saints and Packers but lose to the Browns and Vikings. That’s how weird this gets sometimes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd love a 10-6 season, I just don't think this Offense has double digit wins in it. I'll more than happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but 6 wins is the most I see out of this team, this year.

seattle wasn’t even a top 15 offense last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

seattle wasn't even a top 15 offense last year.

#8 in points scored.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Thanks to good field position provided by defense…

Please wait…

Viewing 70 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.