Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 68 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Short turnaround, Brady has a messed up thumb on his throwing hand (played fine regardless), lost LVD this game with a low (whew!) ankle sprain, and Gronk most likely won’t be ready.

OJ had a few nice grabs for first downs. Couple of bad blocks, couple of good ones. Need a little more out of him without Gronk. Eagles have solid corners and safeties aren’t terrible, they just aren’t opportunistic. Their linebackers are MEH. Cox and his running partner (forget his name), are good up front. The others not so much.

Hurts is young, and has moments where he looks great, and then he does goofy young QB stuff, like taking off too early, and undershooting his targets, locking on. His protection is good. This should be a win, but Hurts legs may play a factor against this defense.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

our offense should put up another 35 points

Eagles offense has been pretty lackluster minus week 1 against the falcons.

Bucs should win by 2 touchdowns

current spread is Bucs favored by 7.

I believe Eagles are playing better than the Dolphins and Hurts is a threat but should be a comfortable win if offense plays like it did last week and the first 2 weeks.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs are 4-8 all time in Thursday nighters. I loathe Thursday night games. Hate em.

Hopefully Tampa doesn’t come out sluggish a la the Bears game last season. Bucs should have paddled those guys…they should slap the Eagles around but they aren’t the Dolphins either.

Does anyone feel the Bucs play sloppy and lethargic on most Thursday nighters?

• RHBucsFan

Participant

BoidFink unfortunately I agree that yes, they’ve usually played uninspired lethargic football on Thursday night. I like to think that is the old Bucs, with Jameis. The Bears game last year was an anomaly; and the Vea ankle injury put a black cloud on us that night.

I predict the Bucs handle this one easily. Offense is picking up momentum. Defense is finally putting pressure on the QB, just need to put him on the ground.

• Mic

Participant

Just leave a spy like White(let him roam) on Hurts where we play C1 and he’s gonna have trouble finding his receivers wihtout his legs bailing him out. Force Hurts arm and his receivers to beat us.

Offense needs to gameplan well and not expect to just walk in and get shutdown lots of mental reps while their bodies heal up on short week

• Boid Fink

Participant

So you think Bucs are playing Zone against Hurts, for the majority I assume. I cannot disagree. Hurts loves to sink and dunk, screens are a big part of the Eagles offense we, and the Bucs seem to ha d trouble in those boundary plays. But having bigger guys like Sherman who can diagnose those plays and fight through the blocking helps.

Their wideouts aren’t that great right now either. Reagor is meh. A lot of Eagles fans are calling for
      Quez Watkins to get more snaps. Hurts legs and his ability to create on the move (and he is very very strong as well, a lot of players comment on how tough he is), and his shirt passing will benefit him.

Bucs should win this one, I agree.

We shall see. Go Bucs.
      Go

Just leave a spy like White(let him roam) on Hurts where we play C1 and he’s gonna have trouble finding his receivers wihtout his legs bailing him out. Force Hurts arm and his receivers to beat us.

Offense needs to gameplan well and not expect to just walk in and get shutdown lots of mental reps while their bodies heal up on short week

• BucBalla85

Participant

This feels like a trap game for some reason. Feel like we never play well in these night games not even mentioning thurday night. We should still win and expect to win but also expecting sloppy one that we arent going to be excited about. But if we can escape with a win we should also be happy considering we normally would lose these ones. Again we have Brady and a stacked roster. We should win but it could be a close one.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I can understand that sentiment. Based on location, time of game, and a short rest week, this is has that sort of potential. I just don’t see it.

The Bucs have really blown out one opponent so far. And that was yesterday afternoon. Even the Falcons game was tighter than we wanted and that is a scrap heap team.

Bucs need to put together some big blowout wins and I hope this is the start of it. But yeah, Thursday night man…makes me sketchy too.

But with a fairly good amount of poise I think they pull this one off.

This feels like a trap game for some reason. Feel like we never play well in these night games not even mentioning thurday night. We should still win and expect to win but also expecting sloppy one that we arent going to be excited about. But if we can escape with a win we should also be happy considering we normally would lose these ones. Again we have Brady and a stacked roster. We should win but it could be a close one.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Bucs are 4-8 all time in Thursday nighters. I loathe Thursday night games. Hate em.

Hopefully Tampa doesn’t come out sluggish a la the Bears game last season. Bucs should have paddled those guys…they should slap the Eagles around but they aren’t the Dolphins either.

Does anyone feel the Bucs play sloppy and lethargic on most Thursday nighters?

They sure do. Hate em.

Having 10 days off after will be a good chance to get healthy(hopefully) tho!

• Vance

Participant

I say we struggle, this team is just sucks in coverage. We send too many blitzing players just to leave the middle of the field wide open.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Vance.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any idea what the weather report looks like?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Any idea what the weather report looks like?

10% chance of precipitation. Mid-to-low 60’s.

• Pennywise

Participant

middle of OL will get tested by Hargrave

• buc-in-out

Participant

I agree with you 100%.

On paper this is an easy win, but I feel like it’s going to be a struggle. At times the Eagles have looked like a good team this season. Our D is SO banged up, we need Winfield back, we need White to start making plays, and we need to play penalty-free football like we did down the stretch last year.

• Kermit56

Participant

we need White to start making plays

This. All day. This.

• Boid Fink

Participant

On the flip side, this is PROBABLY what a smart Eagles fan would say:

Their pass rush is going to put Hurts in a bad way. Brady and that offense will be too much for our defense. Can’t run on Tampa so it will be crucial that Hurts has a career type day with his arms and pocket escapability, receivers will need to find creases in their shaky secondary which will be playing heavy zone to mask its deficiencies. Just can’t see the Eagles pulling this one out, unless Brady has another Thursday night meltdown.

That’s what the Eagles fans are facing.

• The Freeman

Participant

Goedert on COVID-19 list, probably out for TNF

• Boid Fink

Participant

Jensen has or had a hip issue. Was on the list, any updates?

This team is beat to shit. I hope Gronk is as close to 100 as he can be regarding Thursday. If not, hopefully next week. I doubt Winfield jr. will be back either. Bernard is already beat up as well. JPP is beat the hellup already. LVD will be bothered by that ankle the rest of the year, thank god it wasn’t a hi-ankle sprain. He would have been donesauce.

Just a triage right now. Medic!

• seekpar

Participant

Goedert good for 15 rec 216 yds 2 tds so far, glad he’s out.

Close game until late, Bucs win 34-24.

• kenntak

Participant

I hope the injury issues will not be a problem the second half of the season, when the playoff push is made. This game concerns me somewhat, because its a Thursday night game in Philly, the Eagles seem to have a little confidence now, and their defense can cause problems. I think it will be a fight, but the Bucs should pull it out.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Brady himself has said he hates Thursday games, with the short prep time. If they follow the New England Patriots plan (subbing extra DB’s for LBs), our passing game could struggle. And no Gronk to block if we try to run against that D scheme. And on D, no Lavonte, who is very good in the short pass game, much better than White or Minter. I think it will be a dogfight …

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Gronk, David, and Winfield ruled OUT for Thursday night v the Eagles.

• Lawdy

Participant

opah

• Boid Fink

Participant

Something to watch this game. It will be a major factor for sure…Eagles are good running the ball into the flats. Outside the tackles, etc. Bucs are exceptionally bad at defending those areas. The corners are terrible, even with Sherman. The safeties need to react and play freely. Hurts isn’t going to gouge to many guys with deep passes, maybe a few times because “the safeties got confused, or the cornea were confused”, some sort of
      Miscommunication bullcrap.

Bucs should piss pound these guys. Run game efficiency, turnovers and pass pro. Bucs should be able to handle all of these little details and win the game easily.

Edge defense has to improve. Bowles can only do so much. Time to blame these players that are making a lot of loot.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Hargrove and Cox are going to be a load fit a banged up Jensen, Cappa and Ali.

Tackles have to stay elite and ha due their games up front, tight end group are primed to go against these linebackers.

Receivers HAVE to catch everything tonight. No big drops.

• Pennywise

Participant

Cox is a shell of himself, hargrave has been beasting

• theknees

Participant

Chris Godwin and Leonard Fournette will both have big games. The Eagles are an ascending team but Tampa has ascended and isn’t going to play down to the level of the home team with a nine days to look forward to. 35-24 Tampa.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

GO BUCS, KICK SOME A$$ TONIGHT!

• Boid Fink

Participant

+1!

GO BUCS, KICK SOME A$$ TONIGHT!

• Jed

Participant

The key to this game is the white jersey. Let’s play our game. We already know every team we play has to adjust their offense to almost no running plays. Our secondary should be getting better with all the passing snaps they face each game. Practice makes perfect they say.

• Lawdy

Participant

GO BUCS

• Pennywise

Participant

The Eagles have generated the 3rd-highest pressure rate this season (34.3%) despite blitzing at the lowest rate in the NFL (14%).

Both Javon Hargrave (21.0%, 1st) and Derek Barnett (18.2%, 5th) rank among the top 5 in pressure rate this season

• BucBalla85

Participant

Great opening drive!

• Pennywise

Participant

Bowles needs to fix this shit show on D

• Lawdy

Participant

too injured to fix

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Clear pick play on that Ertz td

• Biggs3535

Participant

Brady looked like Sharon that drive.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Bowles needs to fix this shit show on D

All things considered, that was a great half for the defense – with five straight three and outs.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Six straight.

• kingtrojan

Participant

I have to admit I did not see the secondary playing this well tonight

• seekpar

Participant

Should be 28-7. Domination.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Lenny is playing like a beast tonight, again. Mike Evans is very quiet so far.

Defense has been playing very well. Even had the home crowd booing their offense.

• seekpar

Participant

Coming out party for OJ Howard. Finally showed up for a game.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Yes, I very surprised. He’s playing quite well tonight.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Shaq has been exceptional tonight. Red Board GM mad…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

We’re playing the pass laterally too much on offense. With all these weapons to stretch the field, they’re practically giving us the middle all the time, but we try to be fancy with WR screens and flea flickers? Just play straight up football and we will get first downs all the time. Why fight a gift given to you? Why make the game more difficult when it doesn’t have to be difficult? ugghhhh

Get your head into gear, Leftwich!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Head scratching play calls 2nd half.

4th down I guess I don’t mind going for it but you only need 2 yards so why is Brady throwing a deep out route?

Odd…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Head scratching play calls 2nd half.

4th down I guess I don’t mind going for it but you only need 2 yards so why is Brady throwing a deep out route?

Odd…

That’s the second throw that I recall Brady sailing. It might be his thumb hindering him.

It feels very lackluster this Thursday night after a hot start. We need our offense to be scoring often to mask the deficiencies on our defense due to mass injuries.

• Swash

Participant

6 point game. That play call on 4th down made my stomach hurt

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs trying to choke it away

• kingtrojan

Participant

Ugh this game should never have gotten this close

• Swash

Participant

A wins a win. Other than the Sherman hammy, we escaped with no major injuries. 10 days off. Let’s rest up and get some reinforcements for the Bears!

• Biggs3535

Participant

middle of OL will get tested by Hargrave

We didn’t hear this dudes name until he got hurt in the fourth quarter. Great job by Marpet, Jensen, and Cappa.

• Buccodeuce

Participant

We get too cute with our play calling at times. I also think this team needs to learn quickly no one is laying down for us. You have to play the game every week. Big heads and egos from the SB. And it goes without saying we need to get healthy.

• Boid Fink

Participant

• Swash

Participant

I agree the cutesy play calling has got to stop. Gotta remember who we are and what we do best!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Nice win, took the gas off the pedal a little bit but made the plays that matter. Get a little break to work on some things.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Yeah, we escaped with a win. Leftwich needs to stop calling college plays with too many WR screens or flea flicker runs fits. A flea flicker pass, I don’t mind b/c you won’t lose yards if the pass is incomplete. Leftwich needs to realize we’re running on fumes on the defensive side with personnel.

We get a mini-break here. Hopefully Sherman heals in that time as well as have AWJ return from concussion protocol with a clearance to play. I gotta say that Cockrell is impressing with his opportunity to play more. He read the screen play correctly, but he couldn’t get there fast enough to induce a pick-6. Still, he was there and nearly had a pick.

I didn’t pay enough attention, but who is supposed to be spying on the QB in case he runs? We allowed 5.3 yard rushing to the Eagles? I dunno why, but it feels as though our coaches (offense and defense) took things lightly for this game.

We need to put our hats on during this mini-break to work on things as well as heal, especially Brady’s thumb! This trend of letting weak teams hang around isn’t something we all subscribe to cheering for.

Let’s go, Bucs!

• Boid Fink

Participant

So again I knew this was an easy game. You guys will eventually say he has been right so far. This game was way easier than the score dictated.

Love you guys. Love the Bucs. Stop hating my comments so much. It’s a football board.

Jesus.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I thought we could have put this game away before halftime. Our two-minute offense was… offensive? We struggled by playing the lateral game much when going north-south was available, especially if we did a layered four vert.

Brady’s bad thumb, lateral playcalling, and bad turf couldn’t stop the Bucs from grinding out a win. A few times a Bucs receiver could have earned more yards if it wasn’t for the bad turf. I recall OJ tripping a bit on what should have been an easy first down TE leak right or AB on his slant route tripping over the turf.

We were methodical, but not efficient in goal scoring. OJ needs to have some Gronk patterns to run so that Brady had two options in AB and Gronk the younger going to the middle of the field.

• Boid Fink

Participant

OJ with a tud. Called that.

This was an easy game regardless of score. Never a doubt.

Bears will be diff. Great pass rush, good defensive mindset.

This is a 60/40 Bucs game.

• m_j

Participant

yepp, that stupid 4th and 2 call made the game closer than it should have ever been, but it still was an easy win (jameis would have lost this game though!). this bucs team just can’t be beaten by someone like hurts!

5-1 sounds just as I was expecting it to be and if injuries don‘t get even worse we‘re still fine. now we have a long week ahead, some guys will be back and we won’t meet QBs who can really explore our secondary weaknesses (as stafford did) for some time, our record is going to stay just fine. we do not know what is going to happen in december but for now we‘re good and there is enough room for improvement!

• harrybucman

Participant

So again I knew this was an easy game. You guys will eventually say he has been right so far. This game was way easier than the score dictated.

Love you guys. Love the Bucs. Stop hating my comments so much. It’s a football board.

Jesus.

If you go back and reread your posts, you’ll notice that you use the pronoun “I” more than any other poster on the board. I this, I that, I, I I, I. Why? Mental midgets need to critically chop down others so they can stand on top of them to make themselves feel tall, You’ve convinced yourself that you are smarter than everybody else here. Nobody is buying it, but you keep selling it. Example: “You guys will eventually say he was right” You guys = the whole board whom you expect to bow down and praise you for your delusional superior acumen.

You’re as narcistic as 45, who claimed he knew more than the doctors, scientist, his generals and everybody else. At least he got elected to the highest office in the country, but you’re self appointed and have absolutely nothing to justify claim.

• harrybucman

Participant

There is a specific reason why God created us with two ears but only one mouth. But you talk more than anybody else on the board, but refuse to listen to anyone or respect their opinions.For example Trask. Only your opinion matters, because nobody knows football but you.
        Sick, sick, sick drama queen with a insatiable need be praised.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

hairybucfan wrote re:Boid

“You’re as narcistic as 45, who claimed he knew more than the doctors, scientist, his generals and everybody else.”

Right on CV origin. (dem doctors/ scientists all said it came from wet market…and got Facebook to ban such talk)

Right on the Trash(D)Party.

Right about corrupt Joe.

Right about Sleepy Joe.

Right about the border.

Right about Lf Iran.

Right about America 1st!

• Greattimes

Participant

That may be your most profound statement ever.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This game was basically a blowout.

Arians strange go for it call was odd considering the way the defense was playing and how ineffective Hurts was. Should have punted it and pinned them. They gave them great starting field position as a result of that misfire.

Brady aggravating his throwing hand injury may have been a reason for some of the sluggishness on offense in the second half.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

This game was a blowout. I watched enough of the Bucs in my lifetime to watch the Bucs get blown out and yet lose by less than 10 points. Final score does not always tell the story.

The Bucs elected to kneel down at 2 minutes. They were a few yards away from putting 7 more on the board and chose not to do it. They chose to kneel and not stupidly risk injury to make the score look larger. This game was not even close.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Does anyone have an videos of all the missed holding calls?

My buddy is a eagles fan and thinks we were gifted this game by the refs… he’s delusional but I can’t find the footage

• kenntak

Participant

The refs hurt both teams with their lack of consistency.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I recall two holds on JPP, both were seen as the action was happening. A ref was standing right next to JPP when he was trying to break free and pursue but got held and was actually parallel to the sideline for a while as a result. Happened again a few plays later. The first one was horrifying because there is no way the ref didn’t see that. They have to start seeing the obvious holds. Particularly on Vea. Defenders just give up at times and HAVE to hold him or their QB will get injured taking a direct shot. Ra gets held a to. Every game. Every game. Team needs to send a memo regarding this. It isn’t his fault his one trick is so devastating it is video game like.

JPP is no slouch. But yeah he got held a few times from what I saw, and both were egregiously bad. Your friend is lying to you. Or blind.

• Swash

Participant

I think any football fan can say objectively, that officiating has been terrible this year without a team bias. Just too much human error. In an era of all their advancement in technology, there is no excuse of not having booth umpires that help oversee the game and get these calls correct.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Absolutely. If the ref didn’t see it, they need to swallow the whistle.

Simplify the game for them. Don’t make it filled with twelve million rules that get arbitrarily abused from time to time. Did anyone ever hear of leaping before Simeon?

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.